NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Repeal Liberate Hippiedom

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 19, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

[PASSED] Repeal Liberate Hippiedom

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:31 pm

In order to get things back to normal in Hippiedom, we'd like the ability to password protect our homeland returned. I have written up the following repeal resolution;

------------------------------
The Security Council,

RECOGNIZING the intent of Security Council Resolution #99 Liberate Hippiedom to remove raider-imposed password barring entrance to Hippiedom to help return the region to the native nations,

APPLAUDING the Security Council's assistance of Hippiedom in their time of need,

REALIZING the liberation now prevents the native delegate of Hippiedom from password protecting the region for regional security,

AFFIRMING the residents desire and right to self determination in keeping their region safe,

RECALLING similar circumstances of natives seeking a Liberation Repeal having regained control of their homeland such as; Repeal Liberate Catholic (SC#82), Repeal Liberate The United Kingdom of Britain (SC#90), and Repeal Liberate Benevolent Capitalism (SC#92), among others,

BELIEVING the ability to password protect the region should be returned to the native community,

HEREBY repeals Security Council Resolution #99 Liberate Hippiedom
Last edited by Strawberrry Fields on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
No one I think is in my tree, I mean it must be high or low.
That is you can't you know tune in but it's all right.
That is I think it's not too bad.

Once upon a time... Or maybe twice there was an unearthly paradise called Hippy Haven.
See my paintings and various artwork here! :)

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Yay, repeals! Full support, obviously. Image

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:10 pm

What? Tired of that beautiful badge already?
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:12 pm

Cinistra wrote:What? Tired of that beautiful badge already?

Served its purpose, natives want to refound without it, etc. etc.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Strawberrry Fields wrote:
APPUALDING the Security Council's assistance of Hippiedom in their time of need,

BELEIVING the ability to password protect the region should be returned to the native community,

The draft need some cleaning up, though. "Appualding" and "Beleiving" should be corrected, of course.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Ah yes, my spell check didn't catch the caps.

Once upon a time... Or maybe twice there was an unearthly paradise called Hippy Haven.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

The Great Destruction
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Destruction » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:51 pm

I'll support. Is it ready? It looks ready.

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Yea I think it's just about ready, I just don't wana be hasty or overlook anything. I'll wait awhile longer to give it's share share of reviewing time before I submit it.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Strawberrry Fields wrote:Yea I think it's just about ready, I just don't wana be hasty or overlook anything. I'll wait awhile longer to give it's share share of reviewing time before I submit it.

You've got mine to wait for for three days anyway. ;)

Eist
Ambassador

Founded: May 10, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Eist » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:06 pm

Right now, I am AGAINST this repeal. [Temporarily redacted upon request] Furthermore, Hippiedom currently has 82 nations. A refound would be difficult to organise, and the possibility of the foundership entering the wrong hands is great. Right now, raiding Hippiedom is not a simple exercise, and with the SC Liberation in place, there is little pay-off.
Last edited by Eist on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unibot III wrote:Frankly, the lows that people sink to in this game is perhaps the most disturbing thing about NationStates Gameplay.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Well, that's up to the residents to ponder, isn't it? I haven't seen anything about refounding, only a wish to have some administrative powers reinstalled.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:26 pm

Cinistra wrote:I haven't seen anything about refounding, only a wish to have some administrative powers reinstalled.

Here and here for your quick viewing pleasure.

Strawberrry Fields
Spokesperson

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Strawberrry Fields » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Yes, thanks Skyrim Diplomacy, was trying to keep that more on the DL, but yes that is the end goal, it is the consensus of the region.

This resolution is simply about a region's right to be able to password the region when needed.

Cormac Stark
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormac Stark » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:26 pm

If natives want the repeal, I support the repeal -- although I hope it doesn't come back to bite you later. That you have people supporting this repeal who have a record of consistently acting on behalf of raider rather than native interests in the Security Council should give you pause.

But yes, supported.

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:13 pm

Cormac Stark wrote:If natives want the repeal, I support the repeal -- although I hope it doesn't come back to bite you later. That you have people supporting this repeal who have a record of consistently acting on behalf of raider rather than native interests in the Security Council should give you pause.

But yes, supported.

Psh. I just like repealing Liberations. :lol:

Galiantus
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galiantus » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 pm

I support this.

The delegate has almost enough influence to place an invisible password on the region, which means that any invasion force would have to be substantially large enough to actually gain the delegacy in order to take the region before it is passworded.
Last objected by The World Assembly on Wednesday, August 1, 2012, objected 400 times in total.
Benjamin Franklin wrote:"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for lunch."
Ballotonia wrote:Testing is for sissies. The actual test is to see how many people complain when any change is made ;)

On NationStates, We are the Good Guys:Aretist NatSovs

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:08 am

Skyrim Diplomacy wrote:
Cinistra wrote:I haven't seen anything about refounding, only a wish to have some administrative powers reinstalled.

Here and here for your quick viewing pleasure.

OK. I hadn't read their RMB. Maybe an idea to include it in the resolution? But then, what they do to their own region is not of business of the WASC, is it?

McMasterdonia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 19, 2012
Mother Knows Best State

Postby McMasterdonia » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:13 am

I will support this repeal. As it proposed by the Delegate of Hippiedom, and the natives support it. Passwording a region will not help it's growth however, and like Cormac Stark said earlier, I hope it does not come back to bite you.

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:02 pm

This resolution will end the long-term threat of raider invasions; this is not a frivolous proposition.
Last edited by Ora Amaris on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Let beauty and creativity reign throughout the universe,
Preserve the sublime equilibrium of nature,
Find enlightenment through the doors of perception,
An it harm none, do what thou wilt,
Respect yourself, respect all life, celebrate oneness with the universe.
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Factbook Entry

Jamie Anumia
Senator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jamie Anumia » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:04 am

I support this. The liberation has served it's purpose and will enable the natives of the region to refound. Also, I'm pro-repeals of no longer necessary proposals, so another reason I am in favour.
~ Deputy WA Ambassador - Claire Hunting ~
Last edited by Jamie Anumia on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ronak
Lobbyist

Founded: Oct 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ronak » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:31 am

Supported. Strawberry fields can put up a password or refound.
So yes, definitely yes.

Feux
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Feux » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:46 pm

FOR
Always Changing Shapes
TheBestDudeInHistory wrote:Feux is what would happen if I had my shitposting physically removed, isolated, and permitted to become sentient on its own. And I mean that in the best way possible. Clearly I need to marry Feux.

Kelvaros Prime
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 11, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kelvaros Prime » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Feux wrote:FOR

Same ;)
The Prime Hegemony of Kelvaros Prime
Factbook [WIP] | Class H7

Delegate Vinage
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Delegate Vinage » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:33 am

I hope that if we repeal this, you will not be here asking for another one any time soon.
Vinage V. Grey-Anumia
World Assembly Delegate &
Former President of Europeia

"The Delegate Wipes What The Region Spills"
"Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force"

Skyrim Diplomacy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Skyrim Diplomacy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:42 am

Delegate Vinage wrote:I hope that if we repeal this, you will not be here asking for another one any time soon.

As long as the hippies can keep off the reefer in order to quickly refound, should be no problem. ;)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives