NATION

PASSWORD

Some D&D Thing (OOC; Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:36 am

Hamste wrote:Can you link my app in the beginning thing also?

Then post it here.
The Second Cataclysm: My New RP

Roll Them Bones: A Guide to Dice RPs

My mommy says I'm special.
Add 37 to my post count for my previous nation.

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Hamste
Minister

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:43 am

Name: Pyrom Aniac
Race: Half-Giant
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Height: 6 foot 4
Weight: 220
Languages Spoken: Common

Level: 1

Ability Scores:
Strength: 19 (+2 in this)
Dexterity: 16 (-2 in this)
Constitution: 18 (+2 in this)
Wisdom: 14
Intelligence: 4
Charisma: 3

-------------------------------------------------

Racial Abilities: (Only fill out for non-core races.)

Automatic Languages: Common
Bonus Languages: Draconic, Giant, Gnoll, Ignan.
Favored Class: Pshyic warrior
Level Adjustment: +1
Medium Creature
Stomp once per day
Starts with +2 power points
For anything that benefits from a bigger size he counts as that, if it does not benefit it does not count. This includes allowing him to use larger weapons without penalty but it does not increase his range.
+2 saving throws against fire spells and effects.
Weapons proficiency in simple and martial weapons, Light and medium armor and all shields.
Low light vision
Land speed of 30 feet
Half-giants are not subject to spells or effects that affect humanoids only, such as charm person or dominate person.

Appearance:

Biography: His mother decided to split off from the rest of the group to adventure and learn. A group of humans attacked her and raped her after subduing her. The result of the rape was Pyrom. His mother managed to recovered a bit. She then caught up with the other giants again and rejoined the group. The elders hated him for being a bastard particulary a half-human bastard. He was picked on when he was younger for his small size, his weakness and the fact he was stupid even for a giant and of course the elders didn't bother to defend him at all. Suddenly his abilities started coming in and he finally started feeling strong. He started training his new abilities so one day he could fight back and gain the respect of his peers. After working for several months he decided he was ready, the next time a giant picked on him he faught back. The giant beat him to a pulp and he was abandoned to survive on his own. Lucky for him he was found by some passing travelers. They took him and and treated his wounds and teaching him how to fight better. After leaving them and wandering for some time he joined a group of people in Jenardus where he would be apreciated for his strength and no one would try to kill him for just exsisting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class: Pshyic warrior

Hit Points: 12
Base Attack Bonus: +0
Armor Class: 10+3dex + 4 Scale
Initiative: +3
Saving Throws:
Fortitude: +6
Reflex: +3
Will: +2

Class Features: (Only fill out for non-core classes.)
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: martial and simple weapons, Light, medium and heavy armor, Shields (except tower, note that the half-giant is proficient in all shields)
Gains a Psionic ability at every level up and some power points.
Bonus feats on certain level ups (1,2,5,8,11,14,17,20)

Class Skills:
Autohypnosis (Wis), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Jump (Str), Knowledge (psionics) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), Search (Int), and Swim (Str).

Skills:
Knowledge psionics 4 ranks
Knowledge history 2 ranks

powers: (Only fill out if applicable.)
Force Screen (+4 shield bonus)
I assume this goes here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feats:
Improved Unarmed Strike [General]
You are considered to be armed even when unarmed—that is, you do not provoke attacks or opportunity from armed opponents when you attack them while unarmed. However, you still get an attack of opportunity against any opponent who makes an unarmed attack on you.

In addition, your unarmed strikes can deal lethal or nonlethal damage, at your option.

Equipment:
Chain Shirt (100 gp) (+4 AC) (-2 Armor check penalty) 25lbs
Caltrops 2lbs (1gp)
Backpack 2lbs (2gp)
Oil 10 pints 10 lbs (1 gp)
Portable ram 20 lbs (10 gp)
Crowbar 5lbs (2 gp)
Grappling hook 4 lb (1 gp)
Fishing net 5 lb (4gp)
Rope silk (50 ft) 5lbs (10 gp)
30 days of rations 30 lbs (15 gp)
Mule (8gp)
10 days Feed 100 lbs (5sp)
Pack (saddle) 15 lbs (5gp)
Bit and Bridle 1lb (2gp)
Flint and steel (1gp)
Hammer 2lb (5sp)
Shovel 8lb (2gp)
Tent 20lb (10gp)
Waterskin 4lbs (1gp)
Bedroll 5lbs (5sp)
Large Greatclub 2d8 16lbs (10gp)
Large Greataxe 3d6 24lbs (40 gp)
Large Sling 1d6 0lb (0gp)
Bullets (10) 10lbs (2sp)
Large Trident 2d6 8lbs (30 gp)
I am carrying: Waterskin 4lbs, 7 days ration 7lbs, Backpack 2lbs, Chain shirt 25lbs, Caltrops 2lbs, Flint and steel, Oil 10lbs, Grappling hook 4lbs, rope silk 5lbs, Crowbar 5lbs, Large Greatclub 16lbs, Large Greataxe 24 lbs, large sling, 3 sling bullets 3lbs, Large Trident 8lbs= 115 lbs
The Mule is carrying: Fishing net 5lbs, 23 days 23lbs, 10 days feed 100lbs, Pack 15lbs, bit and bridle 1lbs, Hammer 2lbs, Shovel 8 lbs, tent 20lbs, bedroll 5lbs, portable ram 20lbs, 7 sling bullets 7lbs
=206 lbs
Encumbrance: 0 lbs-116 lbs (light load), 117–233 lbs (medium load), 234–350 lbs (heavy load)
Mule 0-230lbs (light load) 231-460 (medium load) 461-690 (Heavy load)
Money: 2gp 8sp
Last edited by Hamste on Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Can you imagine a world without hypothetical situtations?

Logic is like thumbs, it is not necessary but it sure is helpful.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:47 am

Really, Pyrom should be around seven and a half feet tall...

Copy and paste this into your signature if you're a unique and special individual who won't conform to another person's demands.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:55 am

Olthar wrote:Really, Pyrom should be around seven and a half feet tall...

That is the very smallest a half-giant can be :P it was either this or make him 8'4 the absolute tallest a half-giant can be

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:00 am

Hamste wrote:
Olthar wrote:Really, Pyrom should be around seven and a half feet tall...

That is the very smallest a half-giant can be :P it was either this or make him 8'4 the absolute tallest a half-giant can be

If you insist.

Also, you really shouldn't go with a spiked chain, especially if its your only weapon. You aren't proficient in it and will, thus, receive a -4 penalty on all attacks. At level 1, and as a primarily melee fighter, that's a huge deal, and you won't be able to hit a damn thing. The fucking bard will be better at combat than you.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:02 am

Olthar wrote:
Hamste wrote:That is the very smallest a half-giant can be :P it was either this or make him 8'4 the absolute tallest a half-giant can be

If you insist.

Also, you really shouldn't go with a spiked chain, especially if its your only weapon. You aren't proficient in it and will, thus, receive a -4 penalty on all attacks. At level 1, and as a primarily melee fighter, that's a huge deal, and you won't be able to hit a damn thing. The fucking bard will be better at combat than you.

Granted, i have a weapon I'm proficient with.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:04 am

Firstaria wrote:
Olthar wrote:If you insist.

Yeah, and you've only got a +1 attack bonus, but that's still higher than a 0. :p
Last edited by Olthar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:07 am

Olthar wrote:
Firstaria wrote:

Yeah, and you've only got a +1 attack bonus, but that's still higher than a 0. :p

but that will grow...oh if it will grow...especially for the rapier...

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:13 am

Firstaria wrote:
Olthar wrote:Yeah, and you've only got a +1 attack bonus, but that's still higher than a 0. :p

but that will grow...oh if it will grow...especially for the rapier...

You're going to grab weapon finesse, then? I had considered it to make use of my nice dexterity as warlocks do have 3/4ths attack bonus, but we can only use simple weapons, and that pretty much means a light mace or a sickle are my only choices, and I'm not going to waste a feat getting martial weapon proficiency. Plus, my primary attack is ranged, anyways, so there's not much point. I'd rather spend that feat on something more important, like craft wondrous item, greater spell penetration, or arcane mastery.

EDIT: Oh, and I also want to grab fey soul and give the middle finger to all those squishy wizards. :p
Last edited by Olthar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:23 am

Yes and no. I'm just gonna grab wep finesse for my long time plan...and it's a truly long time one, but who knows, this is a 1st level here, maybe I'll be able to use it on NS as standard and level it up to Epic if I want...

Otherwise I would still grab it for an one time adventure, so I get some action if at the end he retires.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 am

Firstaria wrote:Yes and no. I'm just gonna grab wep finesse for my long time plan...and it's a truly long time one, but who knows, this is a 1st level here, maybe I'll be able to use it on NS as standard and level it up to Epic if I want...

Otherwise I would still grab it for an one time adventure, so I get some action if at the end he retires.

Well, I don't know what our DM is planning, but I'd like this to be a long campaign that brings us to the high levels. If we can go long enough to become Epic characters, that would be awesome. I want to blow shit the fuck up with epic spells.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:31 am

Olthar wrote:
Hamste wrote:That is the very smallest a half-giant can be :P it was either this or make him 8'4 the absolute tallest a half-giant can be

If you insist.

Fine got a greatclub also

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:35 am

Olthar wrote:
Firstaria wrote:Yes and no. I'm just gonna grab wep finesse for my long time plan...and it's a truly long time one, but who knows, this is a 1st level here, maybe I'll be able to use it on NS as standard and level it up to Epic if I want...

Well, I don't know what our DM is planning, but I'd like this to be a long campaign that brings us to the high levels. If we can go long enough to become Epic characters, that would be awesome. I want to blow shit the fuck up with epic spells.

Yeah, and who knows, maybe we can go epic, take the skills and then even take a shot at a prestige one for serious high PC.
Last edited by Firstaria on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:37 am

Hamste wrote:
Olthar wrote:If you insist.

Fine got a greatclub also

You really should just ditch the chain. There's absolutely no reason to ever use a weapon in which you're not proficient unless you don't have a choice, which you certainly do.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:40 am

By the way where is the DM?

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:40 am

Olthar wrote:
Hamste wrote:Fine got a greatclub also

You really should just ditch the chain. There's absolutely no reason to ever use a weapon in which you're not proficient unless you don't have a choice, which you certainly do.

...It's a chain and it has spikes. If anything I can use it for torture or intimidation. Heck if I make a bluff check I might be able to convince the stupider enemies I know how to use it and they will refuse to get with in range for fear of my free attacks. What's the worst that can happen from me having it?

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 am

Firstaria wrote:By the way where is the DM?

At a Renaissance fair.

Hamste wrote:What's the worst that can happen from me having it?

You could swing it around unable to hit a goddamn thing, and then the rest of us will yell at you for completely failing at the most basic feature of your class.

Also, you've got 3 Charisma. You won't be making any Bluff checks.
Last edited by Olthar on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 am

Olthar wrote:
Firstaria wrote:By the way where is the DM?

At a Renaissance fair.

Hamste wrote:What's the worst that can happen from me having it?

You could swing it around unable to hit a goddamn thing, and then the rest of us will yell at you for completely failing at the most basic feature of your class.

Also, you've got 3 Charisma. You won't be making any bluff checks.

Does the -4 go onto my disarm and trip checks?

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 am

Hamste wrote: What's the worst that can happen from me having it?

BOTCHING.

You can get a 1 or a score so low that the attack will be put as crit fail and shot back at you or hit one of us. It's the same reason why I would not try a disarm if we have a rogue for example: if you fail, there is a chance for things to go so bad you screw up the team.

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:45 am

Hamste wrote:
Olthar wrote:At a Renaissance fair.

Also, you've got 3 Charisma. You won't be making any bluff checks.

Does the -4 go onto my disarm and trip checks?

Yes.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 am

Olthar wrote:
Hamste wrote:Does the -4 go onto my disarm and trip checks?

Yes.

Hmmm I might have to get a skill thingy for it then. Though I have a great idea (that I didn't steal from the order of the stick at all), I get spring attack, combat reflexes and the skill thing for spiked chain and then just keep using that over and over again. Also can I make a trip attacks for attacks of opportunity? Add in that enlarge person spell (I think there was someone with that)

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:59 am

Dude I think you are doing what those who love find incredibly convoluted solution to put a campaign from difficult to shame would call..."OVERDOING THE IDEA".

Seriously, that seems a lot of things for an attack that would work more than once, are you sure you want to go for it because it's useful and not just for the one-time-spot?

Olthar
Khan of Spam

Ex-Nation

Postby Olthar » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:02 am

Hamste wrote:
Olthar wrote:Yes.

Hmmm I might have to get a skill thingy for it then. Though I have a great idea (that I didn't steal from the order of the stick at all), I get spring attack, combat reflexes and the skill thing for spiked chain and then just keep using that over and over again.

You'd need to be a fighter to do that. You don't get enough feats as a psychic warrior, and it'll take you the next ten levels to even get there. Besides, even then, you shouldn't use a spiked chain until you get exotic weapon proficiency. Get rid of it.

Hamste wrote:Also can I make a trip attacks for attacks of opportunity?

No.

Hamste wrote:Add in that enlarge person spell (I think there was someone with that)

That was Seshy, and she's gone now. No one has enlarge person.

Hamste
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hamste » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:05 am

Olthar wrote:
Hamste wrote:Hmmm I might have to get a skill thingy for it then. Though I have a great idea (that I didn't steal from the order of the stick at all), I get spring attack, combat reflexes and the skill thing for spiked chain and then just keep using that over and over again.

You'd need to be a fighter to do that. You don't get enough feats as a psychic warrior, and it'll take you the next ten levels to even get there. Besides, even then, you shouldn't use a spiked chain until you get exotic weapon proficiency. Get rid of it.

Hamste wrote:Also can I make a trip attacks for attacks of opportunity?

No.

Hamste wrote:Add in that enlarge person spell (I think there was someone with that)

That was Seshy, and she's gone now. No one has enlarge person.

I still would rather to keep it even it is totally useless, I mean half the stuff I have I am probably never going to use what does it matter if I add another thing in there.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:07 am

Fine. But please don't enlarge yourself, you are a giant on a boat. The DM might decide to do a check on the boat to see if you don't sunk it in case of enlargements.

Also, why the chain really? I see why a wizard would have a sword (to fake his class and avoid the classic "aim to the weak" DM does), but why a chain for a fighter?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse