NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Café: Discussion, brainstorming & advice

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Do you support an opt-out of Gameplay (specifically R/D) for P2TM Regions?

Yes.
65%
Nah.
12%
I don't care.
22%

Total votes : 139

Ivan Norvi Kotowlzki
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivan Norvi Kotowlzki » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:14 pm

I have made an alternative Lion King rp, a Maze Runner rp, and a Jurassic Park rp but nobody signed up for any of them besides one of my friends.
Рфшд Ьгерук Кгыышф рщьу ща Сщььгтшыь фтв Ыщсшфдшыь!

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:30 am

Ivan Norvi Kotowlzki wrote:I have made an alternative Lion King rp, a Maze Runner rp, and a Jurassic Park rp but nobody signed up for any of them besides one of my friends.

Well, I'm not sure whether the subject of your RPs would have gathered much attention, unless you really worked them out so that it didn't just follow the main storyline of the movie it's based on.

I'll also refer to the previous post by Boriem:
Boriem wrote:
Esternial wrote:Well, RP Index seemed like a doomed idea from the start. RPs rise and fall so frequently that you'd never have another free moment in your life, removing and adding new RPs.

I've thought about the advertising thread too, but I think we should let the OPs themselves contact the people individually rather than make a noticeboard where you can just plaster your RP; because it might end up like one of those election boards where one party keeps gluing their poster on top of the previous.

Of course, you could make a rule where one RP only gets one post...

I for one like the idea of having an advertisement thread, since, in my experience RPing, OPs rarely ever advertise well enough. Primarily, their friends join anyways and they're the people the OP usually invites.

Just my two-cents.

Yes, we might need better methods to get OPs some participants, but an advertisement thread isn't the way to go, imo.

I've started an initiative here, which might help along the process a bit. OPs still have to do their own advertising outside any threads, though.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 29, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:57 am

IMO a lot is needed. This section has thousands of player, all is needed is truly an help to the OP.

Why a lot of guys always propose the same shit?
Why intro are usually shorter than the apps?
Why one-liners and rambo are able to go everywhere and post shit?

Because the OP aren't trained, and with the scraps the Portal gets filled and good RP goes to page 2, AKA where only really pro players check.

We need not a league of RPers, but a league of OPers working together for mutual success.
Last edited by Firstaria on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
OVERLORD Daniel Mercury of Firstaria
Original Author of SC #5 and SC #30

Boriem
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 am

Firstaria wrote:IMO a lot is needed. This section has thousands of player, all is needed is truly an help to the OP.

Because the OP aren't trained, and with the scraps the Portal gets filled and good RP goes to page 2, AKA where only really pro players check.

We need not a league of RPers, but a league of OPers working together for mutual success.

So a guide from the major OP's of P2MV and F7 on how to run an RP well? I think even I could contribute to such a thing. Although, I OP unconventionally. My RP is still active after almost a month now, though.

Also, I for one check up to page five seeing if any of the RPs I'm in have updated. And I've signed up for page three RPs before. Although I can't remember which...

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:13 am

Boriem wrote:
Firstaria wrote:IMO a lot is needed. This section has thousands of player, all is needed is truly an help to the OP.

So a guide from the major OP's of P2MV and F7 on how to run an RP well? I think even I could contribute to such a thing. Although, I OP unconventionally. My RP is still active after almost a month now, though.

Also, I for one check up to page five seeing if any of the RPs I'm in have updated. And I've signed up for page three RPs before. Although I can't remember which...

That might be a good idea, I'll keep that in the back of my mind and see how this could be worked out in practice.

If anyone has some advice they'd like to contribute, you can always do so in this thread. I might add something to the OP to link people to the gems.

I think I'm going to launch a referendum in the near future. Get a lay of the multiverse and its people to see what could benefit them the most.
Last edited by Esternial on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Founded: Oct 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:54 am

I'm really feeling a Sherlock Holmes RP. Would anyone bite?
‹ all genius is a conquering of chaos and mystery

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:58 am

Sentinel XV wrote:I'm really feeling a Sherlock Holmes RP. Would anyone bite?

Uhm, based on the Downey Jr one?

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:59 am

Agritum wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:I'm really feeling a Sherlock Holmes RP. Would anyone bite?

Uhm, based on the Downey Jr one?

Of course. That series is very accurate to the depiction of Holmes, Watson, Moriarty, et al. that can be found in the actual books.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Agritum wrote:Uhm, based on the Downey Jr one?

Of course. That series is very accurate to the depiction of Holmes, Watson, Moriarty, et al. that can be found in the actual books.

Well, good. I guess we should use OCs in there, right?

Benutanairan
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=202723

Any of these sound interesting.

For those who don't know what the dreyfus affair is

It was a political-social scandal that tore france apart and caused the french government to be accused of anti-semitism. It involved a jewish soldier who supposedly gave information to the germans in the 1890s and was sent to devils island as a result. The famous J'accuse newsletter was written as a result. Ofcourse this resulted in the political overthrow of the antidreyfusard regime installing a presidency that executed the real perpatrator.
Last edited by Benutanairan on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NS resident Frenchman/ Supporter of the UMP
Playing as Fascist France in Alternate Cold War
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219575
1950 Shadows playing as US
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219586

Serving as an Elemental priest in Elementals: Return of Kayorest
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219722

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Benutanairan wrote:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=202723

It was a political-social scandal that tore france apart and caused the french government to be accused of anti-semitism. It involved a jewish soldier who supposedly gave information to the germans in the 1890s and was sent to devils island as a result. The famous J'accuse newsletter was written as a result.

Please don't advertise here. I'll only allow links on certain occasions and I'll ask for them when I do. This applies to RPs that have been worked out in this thread.

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 pm

Agritum wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Of course. That series is very accurate to the depiction of Holmes, Watson, Moriarty, et al. that can be found in the actual books.

Well, good. I guess we should use OCs in there, right?

Yes.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:12 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Agritum wrote:Well, good. I guess we should use OCs in there, right?

Yes.

I see. Still, I guess that Sherlock and the other canonc characters would make appearances everywhere and then, right?

Katyuscha
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Katyuscha » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:14 pm

I just recently had an idea for a nation RP based on an alien planet. Instead of WW1/WW2, we could RP as alien nations on an alien planet and decide their history for them. The RP would be structured like an AWRP, but obviously not be one.
Very soft
Song

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:17 pm

Agritum wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Yes.

I see. Still, I guess that Sherlock and the other canonc characters would make appearances everywhere and then, right?

It will most likely be a reboot of this RP.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:20 pm

It was a political-social scandal that tore france apart and caused the french government to be accused of anti-semitism. It involved a jewish soldier who supposedly gave information to the germans in the 1890s and was sent to devils island as a result. The famous J'accuse newsletter was written as a result. Ofcourse this resulted in the political overthrow of the antidreyfusard regime installing a presidency that executed the real perpatrator.

You should have posted this here right away, because I technically don't allow links.

But it's more or less related, I guess.
Last edited by Esternial on Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Benutanairan
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Benutanairan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:49 pm

Esternial wrote:

You should have posted this here right away, because I technically don't allow links.

But it's more or less related, I guess.

Your very welcome to suggest anything. I'll be editing and adding more content along the way.
NS resident Frenchman/ Supporter of the UMP
Playing as Fascist France in Alternate Cold War
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219575
1950 Shadows playing as US
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=219586

Serving as an Elemental priest in Elementals: Return of Kayorest
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=219722

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:55 pm

NEW IDEA: someone who warns OP when something has already be done and awaits players.

JUST. LOOK. NUMBER. WW. TOPICS.

Not even the superhero were this bad, and at least those settings and plots were different!!!!

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:56 pm

Firstaria wrote:NEW IDEA: someone who warns OP when something has already be done and awaits players.

Not even the superhero were this bad, and at least those settings and plots were different!!!!

Anyone who claims that there are too many of "x" type of RP does not understand the nature of NS RP.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Sentinel XV wrote:
Firstaria wrote:NEW IDEA: someone who warns OP when something has already be done and awaits players.

Anyone who claims that there are too many of "x" type of RP does not understand the nature of NS RP.

Says the guys who says there is too much of a category in their pool. :p

And I'm not saying there are too many, there are too many for the RPers. Mostly of those end up with shitty intro or empty, and the whole section suffers. That's why we need to organize the OP in an uniOnP, so we can serve people what they want with order and all have fun.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:19 pm

WW?

Sentinel XV
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinel XV » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:21 pm

Firstaria wrote:
Sentinel XV wrote:Anyone who claims that there are too many of "x" type of RP does not understand the nature of NS RP.

Says the guys who says there is too much of a category in their pool. :p

And I'm not saying there are too many, there are too many for the RPers. Mostly of those end up with shitty intro or empty, and the whole section suffers. That's why we need to organize the OP in an uniOnP, so we can serve people what they want with order and all have fun.

I think there's too much of a what in my what? :blink:

Boriem
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Boriem » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:27 pm

I really think a compilation work for new OP's would be good, though, and the sooner the better.

Firstaria
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Firstaria » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Boriem wrote:I really think a compilation work for new OP's would be good, though, and the sooner the better.

Not a list of official OP, just an help desk with people actually picking up new OP to bring them to a level of Intro and Presence and Idea that can satisfy RP standards.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Postby Esternial » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Well, this topic is supposed to get OPs with similar ideas to work together on one RP rather than make their own. That way they can pool their plot devices and other ideas into a good thread rather than two (or more) that lack something.

But some people are more solitary, so that's a mentality we have to work on. It'll take time.
Firstaria wrote:
Boriem wrote:I really think a compilation work for new OP's would be good, though, and the sooner the better.

Not a list of official OP, just an help desk with people actually picking up new OP to bring them to a level of Intro and Presence and Idea that can satisfy RP standards.

This *is* a help desk, y'know.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse