NATION

PASSWORD

Men aren't worse off.

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Socialdemokraterne wrote:Oh, alright. Just don't expect me to be a very enthusiastic devil's advocate. :roll:

A person's value is measured by the sum of their biological utility. If we have the capacity to engineer the human reproductive process to operate independently of male input, we're perfectly capable of engineering every other significant advantage males might bring to society to be replicable in their absence, perhaps through mechanization.

Is that enough to start?

Not bad, but you need to emote more. Remember your motivation. And ACTION!

Socialdemokraterne
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialdemokraterne » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Grandstate wrote:Doesn't just extend to men, though. If we built an artificial womb, all we would need from women would be their ova. It's basically just which sex we get to eliminating first.

The hormonal conditions of the womb at various stages of pregnancy, the transmission of antibodies to the infant, the maintenance of the infant's nutrients throughout the term, you're talking about a project which at its inception would have to deal with countless variables. And even when you did end up with a working prototype you've got to deal with the cost of implementation. Sounds to me like it'd be a lot cheaper and more efficient to simply focus on replicating gametes instead of trying to work the female reproductive system into being useless.
A social democracy following a variant of the Nordic model of the European welfare state composed of a union of Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland, Denmark, Sleswig-Holstein, and a bit of Estonia.

Leder du måske efter en dansk region? Dansk!

Jagalonia
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Jagalonia » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Men will never be obsolete.

Untill we create synthetic sperm atleast....
EDIT: Or perfect cloning.
Last edited by Jagalonia on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tokyoni wrote:Hitler's mustache looks weird. Adam Smith was a drunken fatass. There, I've just pwned fascism and capitalism by such "logic".
Edlichbury wrote:OOC: If Knootoss can claim alcohol is a biological weapon, I can claim sentient Milk-People.
Senestrum wrote:Russians took the maximum allowable missile performances from the ABM treaty as design goals.
lolz ensued
Ifreann wrote:
Computer Land wrote:I don't want someone hacking my fridge :meh:

fridge.setTempC(100);
sysout("I'm melting! I'm meeeeelting! Oh what a world, what world!");
I'm Amish...Problem?
Unsigable. >.>
I am a Magnificent Titan who likes to Devour Heroes
All tech.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Conformal Veal Theory wrote:
Forsher wrote:Generally they were nuts and were banned for trolling/flaming/assorted other offences. Alternatively, you've chosen a bad time of year.

I saw on other threads that there used to be this guy named FS-something or other and he used to advocate insane positions. What happened to him?

Four Sided Triangles. Crazy sonofabtich. But he was our crazysonofabitch. And he wasn't a troll. Just had some strange ideals. Like sex was evil.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

Nationstatelandsville wrote:"Why'd the chicken cross the street?"

"Because your dad's a whore."

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Best Gif on the internet.

Gauntleted Fist
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gauntleted Fist » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:27 pm

Gauntleted Fist wrote:No, I mean the non-zero chance of people advocating removing men from existence. it is very small.

I think you're a bit too optimistic.

Well, even if a billion people are saying this should happen, it's still less than 14.5% of the world's population.

Grandstate
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Grandstate » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Socialdemokraterne wrote:The hormonal conditions of the womb at various stages of pregnancy, the transmission of antibodies to the infant, the maintenance of the infant's nutrients throughout the term, you're talking about a project which at its inception would have to deal with countless variables. And even when you did end up with a working prototype you've got to deal with the cost of implementation. Sounds to me like it'd be a lot cheaper and more efficient to simply focus on replicating gametes instead of trying to work the female reproductive system into being useless.

If we're looking at it logically, males would be the obvious half to vote off of the island. But then, what of the ninety-some percent of women who were still attracted to men? Wouldn't be a pleasant sight.
Non-human. Think, slime mold. Post-modern tech-ish - interstellar travel is possible, but a grievous chore.

Unified with The Queendom Seskany.

Socialdemokraterne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Socialdemokraterne » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:32 pm

Grandstate wrote:If we're looking at it logically, males would be the obvious half to vote off of the island. But then, what of the ninety-some percent of women who were still attracted to men? Wouldn't be a pleasant sight.

From here it largely depends on how much influence heritability and socialization have over the development of a homosexual or asexual orientation. Both aspects of the formation of a sexual orientation may be addressed, the former through gene therapy/eugenics and the latter through a reformation of the prevailing culture and educational institutions (perhaps inducing a damnatio memoriae on men).

In sum, the solution to the problem you raise is to artificially induce lesbianism or asexuality somehow.

Man, this is getting dark.
Last edited by Socialdemokraterne on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A social democracy following a variant of the Nordic model of the European welfare state composed of a union of Norway, Sweden, Iceland, Greenland, Denmark, Sleswig-Holstein, and a bit of Estonia.

Grandstate
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandstate » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Socialdemokraterne wrote:Man, this is getting dark.

A small price to pay, for such an increase in simplicity. Bye-bye, sexism!
Alright, gametes all ready for in vitro. The remainder of the world's population are lesbians. I... think that's all we need? Shit, this worked out well!
Non-human. Think, slime mold. Post-modern tech-ish - interstellar travel is possible, but a grievous chore.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Socialdemokraterne wrote:
Grandstate wrote:If we're looking at it logically, males would be the obvious half to vote off of the island. But then, what of the ninety-some percent of women who were still attracted to men? Wouldn't be a pleasant sight.

From here it largely depends on how much influence heritability and socialization have over the development of a homosexual or asexual orientation. Both are problems which may be addressed, the former through gene therapy and the latter through a reformation of culture and educational institutions. The solution to the problem is to artificially induce lesbianism or asexuality.

Man, this is getting dark.

Or, you know, males just remain because they're/we're naturally better at fighting, and therefore would remain to at least in security forces. Not to mention that even if artificial sperm was made, you could never wrench power from the male politicians. It would likely become a possible option for some feminist wackos.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

Excuse me, sir. Seeing as how the V.P. is such a V.I.P., shouldn't we keep the P.C. on the Q.T.? 'Cause if it leaks to the V.C. he could end up M.I.A., and then we'd all be put out in K.P.

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Socialdemokraterne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Socialdemokraterne » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:40 pm

Grandstate wrote:
Socialdemokraterne wrote:Man, this is getting dark.

A small price to pay, for such an increase in simplicity. Bye-bye, sexism!
Alright, gametes all ready for in vitro. The remainder of the world's population are lesbians. I... think that's all we need? Shit, this worked out well!

NO-----------O!!!!! The devil isn't supposed to win!!!! What have I do-------ne?!!

Grandstate
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandstate » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

AETEN II wrote:Or, you know, males just remain because they're/we're naturally better at fighting, and therefore would remain to at least in security forces. Not to mention that even if artificial sperm was made, you could never wrench power from the male politicians. It would likely become a possible option for some feminist wackos.

Yes, but if only females remain on the planet it doesn't matter, and we're assuming that uniformity. Also, I'd like to see a politician who can take on one of our Armed Schoolgirl brigades.

Grandstate
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandstate » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:45 pm

Socialdemokraterne wrote:NO-----------O!!!!! The devil isn't supposed to win!!!! What have I do-------ne?!!

Welcome to Lady-Land! Enjoy your fresher, more stream-lined humanity.

Agymnum
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Grandstate wrote:
Socialdemokraterne wrote:NO-----------O!!!!! The devil isn't supposed to win!!!! What have I do-------ne?!!

Welcome to Lady-Land! Enjoy your fresher, more stream-lined humanity.

Until they implode when two lady-leader's "time of the month" happens to coincide, resulting in the mass genocide of all humans and the end of civilization as we know it.
Glorious puppet of Highfort

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 pm

Grandstate wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Or, you know, males just remain because they're/we're naturally better at fighting, and therefore would remain to at least in security forces. Not to mention that even if artificial sperm was made, you could never wrench power from the male politicians. It would likely become a possible option for some feminist wackos.

Yes, but if only females remain on the planet it doesn't matter, and we're assuming that uniformity. Also, I'd like to see a politician who can take on one of our Armed Schoolgirl brigades.

Theodore Roosevelt.

/thread
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Agymnum
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:51 pm

AETEN II wrote:
Grandstate wrote:Yes, but if only females remain on the planet it doesn't matter, and we're assuming that uniformity. Also, I'd like to see a politician who can take on one of our Armed Schoolgirl brigades.

Theodore Roosevelt.

/thread

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick... You will go far."

Conformal Veal Theory
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 03, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Conformal Veal Theory » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Agymnum wrote:Until they implode when two lady-leader's "time of the month" happens to coincide, resulting in the mass genocide of all humans and the end of civilization as we know it.

I really hope that this is humor.

Dracoria
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Dracoria » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:52 pm

Gauntleted Fist wrote:
I think you're a bit too optimistic.

Well, even if a billion people are saying this should happen, it's still less than 14.5% of the world's population.

Doesn't take that many, really, just a core group of wackos who gain power. Not saying this'd happen in a civilized society, but what percentage of the global population was in the NSDAP between 1933 and 1945?
Also, chocobos.

I show solidarity with the Tea Party by drinking more tea.
I show solidarity with Occupy Wall Street by painting my toilet as a police cruiser.

Agymnum
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 pm

Agymnum wrote:Until they implode when two lady-leader's "time of the month" happens to coincide, resulting in the mass genocide of all humans and the end of civilization as we know it.

I really hope that this is humor.

This thread is actually serious? I'm assuming all the posts are fairly humorous now, seeing as we had the whole "Teddy Roosevelt /thread" thing.

Aksun
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:54 pm

If we want to talk about gender inequality then let me bring up something that is both serious and a little sexist.

A woman calls out the word "rape" now in this situation if a man were near her and even if he did or did not touch said woman, he would be arrested.

A man calls out the word "rape" and the odds of somebody responding to this compared to a woman are less and the man would be questioned.

Let me ask the community this, what is wrong with this situation and why does it happen.

AETEN II
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby AETEN II » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Agymnum wrote:
AETEN II wrote:Theodore Roosevelt.

/thread

"Speak softly, and carry a big stick... You will go far."

The man will be reincarnated twenty thousand years from now, and become the God Emperor of the Human Empire.

Seriously though, Theodore Roosevelt is the ultimate American politician. His name is synonymous with Badass, and Badass cannot be used to describe him, as he is beyond it. Only his name can describe his level of badassery. Obviously, there have been greater soldiers who have killed more and been luckier, but TR was an Ace of All.
"Quod Vult, Valde Valt"

"...He died a week ago."

"Of syphilis, I bet."

Socialdemokraterne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Socialdemokraterne » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 pm

AETEN II wrote:Or, you know, males just remain because they're/we're naturally better at fighting, and therefore would remain to at least in security forces.

I'm not so sure that men are naturally superior to women in terms of combat performance. To top that off elements such as strength and speed are losing their value in a world where warfare is constantly being driven toward indirect combat by virtue of the advent of unmanned attack vehicles, cyber warfare, more and more easily deployed long-range artillery systems, and so forth.

In short, we're going to develop equipment to downplay the importance of any physical advantages you may or may not have over us, and to a great degree such technology has already come into existence.

Not to mention that even if artificial sperm was made, you could never wrench power from the male politicians. It would likely become a possible option for some feminist wackos.

As women gain more and more prominence in the political arena and as our issues become a more concentrated interest within the general public (and don't say it isn't happening :lol: ) this effect will begin to weaken. Eventually the presence of women on the congressional/parliamentary floor and in executive positions will become so normative that it will be considered odd to question a candidate's legitimacy based on their sex.

At that point the male politicians will have lost a great deal of their stroke and the power ratio will have moved much closer to a 1:1 ratio.

Grandstate
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Grandstate » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:55 pm

Aksun wrote:If we want to talk about gender inequality then let me bring up something that is both serious and a little sexist.

A woman calls out the word "rape" now in this situation if a man were near her and even if he did or did not touch said woman, he would be arrested.

A man calls out the word "rape" and the odds of somebody responding to this compared to a woman are less and the man would be questioned.

Let me ask the community this, what is wrong with this situation and why does it happen.

I'm just going to go off and found Lady-Land before this thread goes to hell. Uh... see you guys.

Aksun
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Aksun » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Grandstate wrote:
Aksun wrote:If we want to talk about gender inequality then let me bring up something that is both serious and a little sexist.

I'm just going to go off and found Lady-Land before this thread goes to hell. Uh... see you guys.

I brought up a good point and frankly it is PG-13, it is not graphic, and frankly it not flaming or trolling anyone. Therefore it is a legitimate opinion that matches the topic at hand.

Socialdemokraterne
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Socialdemokraterne » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:57 pm

Anyhoo, that's enough devildom for me for now. Have fun attacking the positions I expressed, I certainly hold no love for them. :lol:

Agymnum
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Agymnum » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Grandstate wrote:

He brings up a legitimate point. I mean, society is pretty much conditioned to where we still treat people with the whole "macho man, dainty woman" stereotype, and yet we give them general equality in terms of politics and economics.

Can't say true equality til you bring down the social stigma as well...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General