NATION

PASSWORD

D&D Dungeon Crawl (closed OOC thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Thisbia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 01, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Thisbia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:43 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Thisbia wrote:How many of us are supposed to roll a DC and why?

Huh? The DC on your diplomacy check was set at 20. An 8 didn't make it. Try another tactic. Convince him you're useful.

Cleric can hop in now. Decide why you're there, and RP it. Did you read the back story?

I never made a check. I thought the rogue needed to. He already made a deal with me that he agreed upon. If we are changing this, then I need to go to the dice log and roll still.
Economic Left/Right: -4.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.72
_Factbook
_NSTracker
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

A wrongly accused man is always vilified by the ignorant masses. Such a man should fire at will, he is bound to hit something. - Anonymous

Murgoth
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Murgoth » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:44 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Thisbia wrote:How many of us are supposed to roll a DC and why?

Huh? The DC on your diplomacy check was set at 20. An 8 didn't make it. Try another tactic. Convince him you're useful.

Cleric can hop in now. Decide why you're there, and RP it. Did you read the back story?

sorry. already excepted, based on story needs and time since last...event. will attempt to wait until results next time.
also, I get to hire a cleric! yeah!
Merteth Ech, Tikcs murgoth
"But who prays for Satan? Who in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most, our one fellow and brother who most needed a friend yet had not a single one, the one sinner among us all who had the highest and clearest right to every Christian's daily and nightly prayers, for the plain and unassailable reason that his was the first and greatest need, he being among sinners the supremest?"
Mark Twain

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:48 pm

I rolled the check, not I'lara. It's cool, I was expecting it to fail.

@Miat: No problem I can mess it up still, give me 15 mins to get to a computer.

@Hanok-Kie: Honestly it wouldn't make a difference at all if you just waltzed into the tavern and chatted up Miat or I'lara a bit. That's how it's gone thus far, mostly.
Female Human Rogue 1 (0/1000 exp)
Chaotic Good

HP: 6/6
Abilities: STR 9 (-1); DEX 17 (+3); CON 10 (±0); INT 15 (+2); WIS 12 (+1); CHA 11 (±0)
AC: 15 = 10 + 1 (Padded Armor) + 1 (Buckler) + 3 (DEX)
Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarven
Feats: Combat Reflexes, Nimble Fingers

Full character sheet

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:50 pm

@Hanok-Kie: you could also camp out with Arbok, whatevs.
Chaotic Good

Abilities: STR 9 (-1); DEX 17 (+3); CON 10 (±0); INT 15 (+2); WIS 12 (+1); CHA 11 (±0)

Full character sheet

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:53 pm

I thought you were trying to convince him to let you come. Never mind let's just move on. Tomorrow, though. I'm not feeling well. Also, when you all make your rolls, there's a line to type in the parameters if they're not a straight unmodified roll. Please use it. If for example a damage roll by the barbarian if rolled with that greatsword, it damage and a half (two handed weapon) so type in 2d6+6. The attack roll, however would be d20+4. Use the "success if >= x" setting. I'll be more diligent about posting target numbers for you.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Zemkal
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:58 pm

Maineiacs wrote:I thought you were trying to convince him to let you come. Never mind let's just move on. Tomorrow, though. I'm not feeling well. Also, when you all make your rolls, there's a line to type in the parameters if they're not a straight unmodified roll. Please use it. If for example a damage roll by the barbarian if rolled with that greatsword, it damage and a half (two handed weapon) so type in 2d6+6. The attack roll, however would be d20+4. Use the "success if >= x" setting. I'll be more diligent about posting target numbers for you.

Post up. I put up what I could, if you require more incentive as too why he is there, let me know and I'll edit.
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:02 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:I thought you were trying to convince him to let you come. Never mind let's just move on. Tomorrow, though. I'm not feeling well. Also, when you all make your rolls, there's a line to type in the parameters if they're not a straight unmodified roll. Please use it. If for example a damage roll by the barbarian if rolled with that greatsword, it damage and a half (two handed weapon) so type in 2d6+6. The attack roll, however would be d20+4. Use the "success if >= x" setting. I'll be more diligent about posting target numbers for you.

Post up. I put up what I could, if you require more incentive as too why he is there, let me know and I'll edit.

Ridding the woods of evil despoilers of nature and the unnaturalness that is the undead? Exactly what Ehlonna of the Forests would want her clerics to do. Go for it. Remember to talk about your goddess a lot.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
add 6,928 to post count

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:03 pm

Maineiacs wrote:
Zemkal wrote:

Ridding the woods of evil despoilers of nature and the unnaturalness that is the undead? Exactly what Ehlonna of the Forests would want her clerics to do. Go for it. Remember to talk about your goddess a lot.

that was the plan. I'll make an edit putting her in.
"That's one thing about roleplaying games. You can be in them for the long haul. And you can put them on hiatus for various reasons - people move away, go to university, get married, get a job, have kids, other unimportant stuff that gets in the way - and still come back to them at any point in the future, and the gameplay will be just as good as you remember it. It won't feel outdated."

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Zevassa wrote:@Hanok-Kie: you could also camp out with Arbok, whatevs.

We'll see how this goes, and I'll let ya know.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Good night everyone. I'll be back tomorrow no later than 11am EDT.
add 6,928 to post count

Aldares
Diplomat

Founded: May 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Murgoth wrote:EEEELLLLFFFF! *shakes impotently at half-elf*
sorry, reflex. I once ran a game where out of 6 players, 5 where elves or half-elves. all of them where idiots. more than one elf, I get flashbacks.

hehe, sorry. I will admit, this will take me some time to get back into the groove, especially playing a cleric (I usally play a Rogue), but I'm not a scrub. I played on an every day basis for quite a while back in middle/high school, but its been a long time since I rolled some dice. I'll try not to be the party idiot.

Holy. Shit.

Thisbia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Thisbia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Aldares wrote:
Zemkal wrote:
hehe, sorry. I will admit, this will take me some time to get back into the groove, especially playing a cleric (I usally play a Rogue), but I'm not a scrub. I played on an every day basis for quite a while back in middle/high school, but its been a long time since I rolled some dice. I'll try not to be the party idiot.

Holy. Shit.

What's wrong Aldares?
_Factbook
_NSTracker
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. - Frank Sinatra

A wrongly accused man is always vilified by the ignorant masses. Such a man should fire at will, he is bound to hit something. - Anonymous

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Thisbia wrote:
Aldares wrote:Holy. Shit.

What's wrong Aldares?

Me and him go WAAAY back. In a good way. He didn't see me joining this, I'd wager.

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Zemkal wrote:
Thisbia wrote:
What's wrong Aldares?

Me and him go WAAAY back. In a good way. He didn't see me joining this, I'd wager.

Naw, I heard about somebody joining, but until then I didn't realize it was Zem, for God sakes!

Thisbia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Thisbia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Aldares wrote:
Zemkal wrote:

Naw, I heard about somebody joining, but until then I didn't realize it was Zem, for God sakes!

Haha - that's way cool!
_Factbook
_NSTracker

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Thisbia wrote:
Aldares wrote:Naw, I heard about somebody joining, but until then I didn't realize it was Zem, for God sakes!

Haha - that's way cool!

Our best roleplay was together. Really got us started on the fantasy roleplaying, I think. Kinda explains why we're here. But anyway, hope the party starts to like Arbok, 'cause he's not going down easy!

Thisbia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Thisbia » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:15 pm

Well, I'Lara likes him and is completely confident that Obad Hai has a purpose for him.
_Factbook
_NSTracker

Aldares
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aldares » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Thisbia wrote:Well, I'Lara likes him and is completely confident that Obad Hai has a purpose for him.

Good. Adaklan is too pompous, but he's a fine enough sort. Of course, Hanok-Kie might not take to Orcs and the woman with sticks in her hair is super nervous around him. How can she expect to do anything when her fingers tremble all the time?

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Aldares wrote:
Thisbia wrote:Haha - that's way cool!

Our best roleplay was together. Really got us started on the fantasy roleplaying, I think. Kinda explains why we're here. But anyway, hope the party starts to like Arbok, 'cause he's not going down easy!

My goal by the end of the adventure is for Iva to find herself in the incredibly odd predicament where one of her close friends is an orc, despite the fact that she is frightened of orcs.
Chaotic Good

Full character sheet

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:31 pm

Aldares wrote:
Thisbia wrote:Well, I'Lara likes him and is completely confident that Obad Hai has a purpose for him.

Good. Adaklan is too pompous, but he's a fine enough sort. Of course, Hanok-Kie might not take to Orcs and the woman with sticks in her hair is super nervous around him. How can she expect to do anything when her fingers tremble all the time?

We shall see. If her fingers tremble to much I can always buff her ;)

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:16 pm

One late word: the Druid and the cleric should probably not get along too well. The Cleric worships Ehlonna, the druid worships Obod-Hai; two different nature gods. They're kind of rivals. Make sure you each understand your deities' outlook and RP accordingly.
Last edited by Maineiacs on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
add 6,928 to post count

Zevassa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Zevassa » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:18 pm

Iva's a human, Hanok-Kie. I'lara and yourself are half-elves, Miat and myself are humans, Arbok's an orc a half-orc, and if Gonff shows up he's a dwarf. Most of the people in Stonebows appear to be humans thus far, too.

It's not a big deal, but I just want to make sure that everyone stays on the same page, at least ooc-ly.
Last edited by Zevassa on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chaotic Good

Full character sheet

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:26 pm

Zevassa wrote:Iva's a human, Hanok-Kie. I'lara and yourself are half-elves, Miat and myself are humans, Arbok's an orc a half-orc, and if Gonff shows up he's a dwarf. Most of the people in Stonebows appear to be humans thus far, too.

It's not a big deal, but I just want to make sure that everyone stays on the same page, at least ooc-ly.

My bad. Fixing now.

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:26 am

The dwarf is still not answering TGs. For now, just go on as if he were never there. If he comes back, go on from there as if he never left.
add 6,928 to post count

Zemkal
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zemkal » Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:37 am

Okay, I think my day post is up. I'll get back up if somethings oing on, if not, let me know when we move forward for the next game day.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse