NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:51 am

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Planeta de los Muertos wrote:What makes you say the latter?

Because zombies are not threats to the survival of humanity.

I'm lost.

Anyway, since I'm bored, I'd like to re-enter with a different character.
A young merc terminally ill with cancer, I signed on for a government "human weapon" program: Weapon X. They got rid of the cancer like they promised...sorta...by melding an advanced healing factor to it. The gruesome experiments left me physically and mentally scarred, so they put me in a mental ward where the guards held a dead pool. I escaped and rose to infamy, partly a hero.

For falling in love with a physical avatar of Death, I was cursed with life. I pissed off a divine power so that I could be with her again, but it failed. After I got struck down by some powerful lighting, I came back to life...as a breathing corpse. Fuck.
Niece: Hetalia Dakota
Chaotic neutral til I'm gone for good!

I wrote:Bitch, please!

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:51 am

Northern Dominus wrote:That looks suspiciously like the sound somebody makes when they're having a seizure.

No, it sounds like the stuttering of somebody reacting to the ridiculously mind-numbing plot of the series.
I pretty much gave up after Gundam Wing hit the air. I kept thinking "Okay...they have giant fighting machines....when the hell are they going to quit babbling about how awful everything is and staring and BLOW SOMETHING UP ALREADY?!"
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here
We even have a soundtrack!

RIP Caroll Shelby 1923-2012
Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:56 am

Planeta de los Muertos wrote:
Because zombies are not threats to the survival of humanity.

I'm lost.

For Bramwell's lampshade hanging, may I ask which trope is applicable? "Dropped a Bridge on Him" Put on a Bus, "Long Bus Trip", or "Bus Crash"?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
No, it sounds like the stuttering of somebody reacting to the ridiculously mind-numbing plot of the series.
I pretty much gave up after Gundam Wing hit the air. I kept thinking "Okay...they have giant fighting machines....when the hell are they going to quit babbling about how awful everything is and staring and BLOW SOMETHING UP ALREADY?!"

Really? Mobile Suit Gundam Wing blew my mind when I was younger due to the focus on political intrigue. When I said "mind-numbing", I mean "wait, that does not make any sense". This is "wait, who heard Kane say 'Rosebud'?" bad except it is constantly happening at all points. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is sort of like "Ren and Stimpy" due to just how it really does not make any sense, but there are people who can ignore that and enjoy the show in-spite of the people who cannot ignore the plot holes screaming on the top of their lungs. MSGW had an internal logic that it did not break, and actually helped the real robot genre by way of creating the "Minovsky Particle" trope that was well-defined and allowed for justifications of both how the robots work and explain why various plots would be happening in the first place alongside justifying the usage of the robots.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:07 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Planeta de los Muertos wrote:I'm lost.

For Bramwell's lampshade hanging, may I ask which trope is applicable? "Dropped a Bridge on Him" Put on a Bus, Long Bus Trip, or Bus Crash?

Bus Crash. Earl died in a mission.
A young merc terminally ill with cancer, I signed on for a government "human weapon" program: Weapon X. They got rid of the cancer like they promised...sorta...by melding an advanced healing factor to it. The gruesome experiments left me physically and mentally scarred, so they put me in a mental ward where the guards held a dead pool. I escaped and rose to infamy, partly a hero.

For falling in love with a physical avatar of Death, I was cursed with life. I pissed off a divine power so that I could be with her again, but it failed. After I got struck down by some powerful lighting, I came back to life...as a breathing corpse. Fuck.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:07 pm

For Bramwell's lampshade hanging, may I ask which trope is applicable? "Dropped a Bridge on Him" Put on a Bus, Long Bus Trip, or Bus Crash?

Bus Crash. Earl died in a mission.

But there's only been one mission... can't we just say he was mysteriously stabbed in his sleep?
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Mighty Asgard
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mighty Asgard » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:
Planeta de los Muertos wrote:Bus Crash. Earl died in a mission.

But there's only been one mission... can't we just say he was mysteriously stabbed in his sleep?

No one is dead. Any characters who aren't played anymore have either been tossed off the station or left on their own volition.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:09 pm

Mighty Asgard wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:But there's only been one mission... can't we just say he was mysteriously stabbed in his sleep?

No one is dead. Any characters who aren't played anymore have either been tossed off the station or left on their own volition.

I wasn't being serious, m'dear :hug:
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Procastitania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Procastitania » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Just so you know, I'm not around this weekend.
You're all insane.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:14 pm

Procastitania wrote:Just so you know, I'm not around this weekend.

Oh yeah, I won't be around from the 16th-23rd, unless I can find some WiFi in France.
Anyone else disappearing? :P

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:
Procastitania wrote:Just so you know, I'm not around this weekend.

Oh yeah, I won't be around from the 16th-23rd, unless I can find some WiFi in France.

... Is that a threat?
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:16 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:Oh yeah, I won't be around from the 16th-23rd, unless I can find some WiFi in France.

... Is that a threat?

Well, it's a post by me, so that's pretty much guaranteed, right?

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:I pretty much gave up after Gundam Wing hit the air. I kept thinking "Okay...they have giant fighting machines....when the hell are they going to quit babbling about how awful everything is and staring and BLOW SOMETHING UP ALREADY?!"

Really? Mobile Suit Gundam Wing blew my mind when I was younger due to the focus on political intrigue. When I said "mind-numbing", I mean "wait, that does not make any sense". This is "wait, who heard Kane say 'Rosebud'?" bad except it is constantly happening at all points. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is sort of like "Ren and Stimpy" due to just how it really does not make any sense, but there are people who can ignore that and enjoy the show in-spite of the people who cannot ignore the plot holes screaming on the top of their lungs. MSGW had an internal logic that it did not break, and actually helped the real robot genre by way of creating the "Minovsky Particle" trope that was well-defined and allowed for justifications of both how the robots work and explain why various plots would be happening in the first place alongside justifying the usage of the robots.
...all well and good. Except what do people tune into giant robot shows for? Blowing shit up.

What did Gundam Wing lack in a lot of episodes? Blowing shit up.

Case in point, giant walking fighting machine is carrying an enormous gun and you think "Oh boy, somebody is going to get blown da fuck up, oh boy, ohboyohboyohboyohboy...". What do you get instead? Some effeminate character prattling on and on about how everything is awful. You suddenly realize that you've been shangai'd into a socio-political emo fest that uses giant fighting robots with big weapons as window dressing, but not before you've screamed "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHUT THE HELL UP AND PULL THE GODDAMN TRIGGER!" for about 5 minutes, to no avail of course.
Battletech RP: Giant walking war machines, space to surface fighters, and other implements blowing things up= lots of fun! Sign up here

Aurora, Oak Creek, Happy Valley, Sandy Hook. Just how high a price are we willing to pay?

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Name: Vincent Madeira
Nationality: Samoan
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair: Bronze
Eyes: One Yellow and one Red
Costume (if any): He's nude, but lacks any visible genitalia or anus. His skin itself is a quilt of different colors and materials.
Abilities: Mutation Inducement
Alignment: Evil
Brief Bio: Born with what doctors back on Earth dubbed "a virulent genome", Vincent's body was ravaged by spontaneous mutations throughout the years. His debilitating insecurities as a child (brought on by parental abuse) have evolved (or rather, devolved) into nihilistic megalomania; in short, he wants to make the universe suffer like he did before he decides to plunge the theoretical knife into its heart. But he must first learn to hone his mutant genome at the school for extraordinary teens like him.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Planeta de los Muertos wrote:Costume (if any): He's nude, but lacks any visible genitalia or anus. His skin itself is a quilt of different colors and materials.

Roxanne is disappoint.
Planeta de los Muertos wrote:visible

Or maybe not so disappoint...

Oh, and alignment is hero, vigilante or villain.
Last edited by Nakarisaune on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
...all well and good. Except what do people tune into giant robot shows for? Blowing shit up.

Case in point, giant walking fighting machine is carrying an enormous gun and you think "Oh boy, somebody is going to get blown da fuck up, oh boy, ohboyohboyohboyohboy...". What do you get instead? Some effeminate character prattling on and on about how everything is awful. You suddenly realize that you've been shangai'd into a socio-political emo fest that uses giant fighting robots with big weapons as window dressing, but not before you've screamed "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SHUT THE HELL UP AND PULL THE GODDAMN TRIGGER!" for about 5 minutes, to no avail of course.

I was pleasently surprised by the focus on political intrigue. I would equate it to going to see what you are expecting is going to be "The Rock", and getting "Saving Private Ryan" instead of it. I did not get what I initially wanted, but it made up for it in other areas. It was not a "Super Robot" show as it was a political thriller that got people watching Adult Swim back when it was largely about airing unedited versions of various anime. Sure, I was going to "The Rock" so I could watch Michael Bay's fluke of a decent action film. I instead ended up watching a slower paced, quieter, and more thoughtful film that was did not have anywhere close to as much action. It would be another matter if I instead ended up seeing "Stargate", which made roughly the same pretenses of being action packed but failed on even that level, this being roughly equivalent to Dragon Ball Z in that it was not a good action series and had down-time instead of quiet moments.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:36 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:
Planeta de los Muertos wrote:Costume (if any): He's nude, but lacks any visible genitalia or anus. His skin itself is a quilt of different colors and materials.

Roxanne is disappoint.
Planeta de los Muertos wrote:visible

Villain.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:37 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:Roxanne is disappoint.

Villain.

Awesome, I think we needed a male villain :P

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:38 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:Roxanne is disappoint.

Villain.

Couldn't you tell Nakarisaune, he said his genome is malicious.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Northern Dominus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Dominus » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:...all well and good. Except what do people tune into giant robot shows for? Blowing shit up.

I was pleasently surprised by the focus on political intrigue. I would equate it to going to see what you are expecting is going to be "The Rock", and getting "Saving Private Ryan" instead of it. I did not get what I initially wanted, but it made up for it in other areas. It was not a "Super Robot" show as it was a political thriller that got people watching Adult Swim back when it was largely about airing unedited versions of various anime. Sure, I was going to "The Rock" so I could watch Michael Bay's fluke of a decent action film. I instead ended up watching a slower paced, quieter, and more thoughtful film that was did not have anywhere close to as much action. It would be another matter if I instead ended up seeing "Stargate", which made roughly the same pretenses of being action packed but failed on even that level, this being roughly equivalent to Dragon Ball Z in that it was not a good action series and had down-time instead of quiet moments.
Yeah... I stand by my previous assertation: if there are giant fighting machines on the screen, shit better be blowing up very quickly, otherwise fail.

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Northern Dominus wrote:
Yeah... I stand by my previous assertation: if there are giant fighting machines on the screen, shit better be blowing up very quickly, otherwise fail.

I shall agree to continue my disagreement with you on terms that the arguement becomes a "Big Lipped Alligator Moment".
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:40 pm

Planeta de los Muertos wrote:Villain.

I know, I was just saying that because he'd put his alignment as evil, m'dear.

Planeta de los Muertos
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Planeta de los Muertos » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:

Awesome, I think we needed a male villain :P

Yup. Imagine all kinds of nastiness he could do.

So, is he in?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:

I know, I was just saying that because he'd put his alignment as evil, m'dear.

Hey, most medical scientists do not describe things under such terms, so I had to be sure. Imagine if they just refered to black-holes as "Time-Destroying Anomalies in Space-Time" (also known as the "Civlization" series).
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:43 pm

Nakarisaune wrote:Awesome, I think we needed a male villain :P

Yup. Imagine all kinds of nastiness he could do.

So, is he in?

:blink:
You'll have to wait for MA for that.

Anyway, I used my evil spreadsheet MAGIC DATA POWERS to work out we currently have no active male villains, and only three active villains overall.
You all like goodness too much :(
Last edited by Nakarisaune on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse