NATION

PASSWORD

NSSports Cricket Discussion Thread (OOC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]
Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

NSSports Cricket Discussion Thread (OOC)

Postby Apox » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:12 pm

The official thread to discuss any general cricket. If it's cricket related, and OOC, discuss it here.

Past Tournaments:
World Twenty20 Championships V
World Twenty20 Championships IV
World Twenty20 Championships III
World Twenty20 Championships II
World Twenty20 Championships I
GCF Season Five (Test)
GCF Season Four (Test)
GCF Season Three (Test)
GCF Season Two (Test)
GCF Season One (Test)

World Twenty20 Championship Winners
1st edition: Bruyn
2nd edition: The Babbage Islands
3rd edition: The Babbage Islands
4th edition: Liventia
5th edition: Gruenberg

Joint-Presidents of Cricket: Liventia & Apox

Post World Twenty20 Championships IV Ranks

Domestic Cricket Thread
Last edited by Apox on Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:02 am, edited 12 times in total.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Founded: Aug 29, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:25 pm

As I said, I'm the first to declare an interest...

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:30 pm

I'd be up for either ODI or T20.
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:46 pm

The Babbage Islands wrote:I'd be up for either ODI or T20.

Seconded. Depending on the timings of it, I could put in a host bid too.
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I always thought an 8-team T20 tournament would be great, because there ain't enough interest for a bigger one. What I'd think would be really, really great would be a club competiton, much like the IPL, with players from lots of different countries in one team, but I can see how hard that would be to do.

Adun
Minister

Founded: Oct 15, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Adun » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I would sign up.

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:I always thought an 8-team T20 tournament would be great, because there ain't enough interest for a bigger one. What I'd think would be really, really great would be a club competiton, much like the IPL, with players from lots of different countries in one team, but I can see how hard that would be to do.

We could always do what happens with football, and a few of us start up national leagues, with a UICA style thing, transfers and the like. I was planning on doing one anyway, but if we have a few more people that do it, it would make more sense and be a lot more fun.

The T20 tournie seems a cool idea, but ODI would also be cool as TBI said.
This nation has now been reformed as the Licentian Isles. Please direct anything intended for me to that nation.

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Licentiapacisterra wrote:
Cyborg Holland wrote:I always thought an 8-team T20 tournament would be great, because there ain't enough interest for a bigger one. What I'd think would be really, really great would be a club competiton, much like the IPL, with players from lots of different countries in one team, but I can see how hard that would be to do.

We could always do what happens with football, and a few of us start up national leagues, with a UICA style thing, transfers and the like. I was planning on doing one anyway, but if we have a few more people that do it, it would make more sense and be a lot more fun.

Would you perhaps like to make a joint Cricket League? Any one else interested in a joint league?

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:38 pm

In fact, would it work if there were lots of teams from lots of different countries, all in one group.

Licentiapacisterra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Licentiapacisterra » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:41 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:
Licentiapacisterra wrote:

Would you perhaps like to make a joint Cricket League? Any one else interested in a joint league?

TGing you to avoid clogging this thread with our discussion.

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:05 pm

If anyone else is interested in any sort of joint cricket, don't hesitate to TG moi

Megadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Megadia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:36 pm

I was thinking of forming a cricket federation last week, I will probably start the federation and a pyramid of ODI World Cricket Leagues leading up to a World Cup. I would be happy to do it for T20I afterwards.

I will start this sometime during this week if anybody is interested.

Fury Wraith
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Fury Wraith » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:39 pm

I love Cricket. sign me up

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Megadia wrote:I was thinking of forming a cricket federation last week, I will probably start the federation and a pyramid of ODI World Cricket Leagues leading up to a World Cup. I would be happy to do it for T20I afterwards.

A problem with that is that I don't think there is enough interest for a whole pyramid. I'm currently in talks with two nations about joint leagues, if you're interested perhaps, whizz me a TG.

However, I'd be very interested in your idea

Megadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Megadia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:42 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:
Megadia wrote:I was thinking of forming a cricket federation last week, I will probably start the federation and a pyramid of ODI World Cricket Leagues leading up to a World Cup. I would be happy to do it for T20I afterwards.

A problem with that is that I don't think there is enough interest for a whole pyramid. I'm currently in talks with two nations about joint leagues, if you're interested perhaps, whizz me a TG.

If there's not enough interest for a whole pyramid then I can just do a straight world cup but I was thinking 2-3 divisions with 4-6 national teams in each division - you wouldn't need many teams.

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Megadia wrote:
Cyborg Holland wrote:

If there's not enough interest for a whole pyramid then I can just do a straight world cup but I was thinking 2-3 divisions with 4-6 national teams in each division - you wouldn't need many teams.

That sounds simply wonderful. I can't wait :)

Would it be like the RL-ODI pyramid, with whole competitons for the lower echelon, and individual matches for the higher one?

Megadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Megadia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:
Megadia wrote:

That sounds simply wonderful. I can't wait :)

Would it be like the RL-ODI pyramid, with whole competitons for the lower echelon, and individual matches for the higher one?

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking. But at first, everybody will be involved in whole competitions within the league pyramid to establish the rankings and the top teams from those rankings will operate as in RL, playing individual series and gaining automatic qualification for world cups. I would prefer this system over "let's have an NS cricket world cup and forget about it until someone else chooses to hold a cricket world cup again "... :p

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:52 pm

That seems great, would you just open signups, or invite nations?

Megadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Megadia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:That seems great, would you just open signups, or invite nations?

I would open sign-ups so new nations can enter and I will then invite nations who have competed in NS cricket tournaments in the past just in case they miss it.

Cyborg Holland
Minister

Postby Cyborg Holland » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:54 pm

Megadia wrote:
Cyborg Holland wrote:That seems great, would you just open signups, or invite nations?

I would open sign-ups so new nations can enter and I will then invite nations who have competed in NS cricket tournaments in the past just in case they miss it.

I'll be the first there. But the important question. When?

The Babbage Islands
Senator

Founded: Mar 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Babbage Islands » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:00 pm

We already have a (dormant) Global Cricket Federation; let's build on that history for RP and fold the other ideas into it as they take shape. I for one would love to see the continuity but without the reliance on a single nation -- unavoidable with the Test series, given the scorination issues, but certainly not a good model for everything else.

Does the above mean that I'm going to start Test cricket again? Not soon, and it hinges on how my wife is doing (she just finished eight more cycles of chemotherapy and is struggling a bit). But I think I have my revised flowchart almost ready for the nuts and bolts of a new spreadsheet. In the meantime, the Babbage Cricket Federation wants T20 and ODI and a club series and whatever you all come up with. :)
NS World Cup: Runner-up 55/59; Third place 50/52/58/62/63; Host 49/54/60.
Founding member, Global Cricket Federation; 2x Twenty20 world champions.
FactbookRedballer scorinator for test cricket
Community football scorinator and CFC v2.1 (rules)

Megadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Megadia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Cyborg Holland wrote:
Megadia wrote:I would open sign-ups so new nations can enter and I will then invite nations who have competed in NS cricket tournaments in the past just in case they miss it.

I'll be the first there. But the important question. When?

Hopefully sometime in the coming week. You seem very keen so would you be interested in co-hosting this with me?

Megadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Megadia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:03 pm

The Babbage Islands wrote:We already have a (dormant) Global Cricket Federation; let's build on that history for RP and fold the other ideas into it as they take shape. I for one would love to see the continuity but without the reliance on a single nation -- unavoidable with the Test series, given the scorination issues, but certainly not a good model for everything else.

Does the above mean that I'm going to start Test cricket again? Not soon, and it hinges on how my wife is doing (she just finished eight more cycles of chemotherapy and is struggling a bit). But I think I have my revised flowchart almost ready for the nuts and bolts of a new spreadsheet. In the meantime, the Babbage Cricket Federation wants T20 and ODI and a club series and whatever you all come up with. :)

I'm glad you're interested TBI :) I can see that you may not have the time at the moment, but would you be interested in running a club series? like an international franchise league (similar to the IPL, but featuring teams from various nations) and a club champions league? I suppose you could run these in conjunction with another nation...

Apox
Minister

Founded: Jun 30, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Apox » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm up for pretty much anything, abut would be particularly interested in some international tournaments (T20 especially) and an IPL like international league.

I might also be able to help with the running of this, I believe xkorinate has a cricket scorinator in it though I don't know if its any good. MAybe electing a chairman like in football to run sometihng for a season/competition would be good as that would help to ensure continuity.
The History of Modern NSSports internationalpost.apx (Newswire) The Apoxian Compendium
Winners: Campionato Esportiva IV, V & XVI, World T20 Championships VI, Imperial Chap Olympiad
Runners-up: CoH 58, World T20 Championships V, Campionato Esportiva XII
Third: Campionato Esportiva XIII
Fourth: Campionato Esportiva VII & XV
Baptism of Fire 50, Cup of Harmony 56, World Cup 69, World Cup 73, World Cup 82
Friendly Cups 2 & 6, World T20 Championships II, Campionato Esportiva IV, VIII, XII & XXIII, GCF Season 4, 8 & 10

Megadia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Megadia » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Apox wrote:I'm up for pretty much anything, abut would be particularly interested in some international tournaments (T20 especially) and an IPL like international league.

I might also be able to help with the running of this, I believe xkorinate has a cricket scorinator in it though I don't know if its any good. MAybe electing a chairman like in football to run sometihng for a season/competition would be good as that would help to ensure continuity.

yeah, I like the idea of appointing a chairman - I think we should appoint a committee of 4 people in addition to a chairman to be in charge of things for a season.

Now I have an idea of who's interested, I will most definitely get this up and running some time this week :)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports