NATION

PASSWORD

Draft: Limit Atomic bomb use for a war effort

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

How many kilograms (Hiroshima only had 60kg)? How is it?- choose 2 answers - 1 Amount & 1 Rating

Ban - 30 (bomb every two years - no bomb)
12%
31 - 60 (about one bomb)
6%
61 - 90 (3 bombs every two years)
No votes
91+
6%
Ready
6%
Good
No votes
Fair
No votes
Bad
29%
Horrible
41%

Total votes : 17

Fargoalmus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Draft: Limit Atomic bomb use for a war effort

Postby Fargoalmus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Category: Environment (Uranium)

OBSERVES that atomic bomb use has become legalized for use in war.
FURTHER OBSERVES that atomic spills and bombs cause lasting radiation and have a relatively high death total.
DECLARES
1.That using over (put poll results here) units of an atomic substance for Bombs or a war effort in a single region in a calendar month is illegal.
2. Creates the: international society for uranium bomb control. (ISUBC) This organization
I. Tracking atomic substance use of countries.
II. Enforces clause 1.
PROTECTING the world form nuclear events like Hiroshima from destroying the world is the goal of this resolution.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please put a reasonable amount as a response to the poll.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This does not include medicine, power, fire detection systems and hot chocolate.
Endorsements needed
Last edited by Fargoalmus on Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:19 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Krimin Killr21 President of The Democratic Republic of Fargoalmus.

Ambridge County
Attaché

Founded: Nov 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ambridge County » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:31 pm

NationStates.

ur doin it rong
Laos Refugees wrote:Hey there!
I got a simple, easy to read answer to your question that made TONS of sense!
Here comes your answer!
See it yet?
Oh no, that's not it.
Oh wait, is that it?
Yes it is!
Your answer is!
Shut the fuck up!

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:32 pm

I... I don't understand what you're trying to do. I simply do not understand your language use.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:54 pm

Please stop! Please, please stop!

You have no idea how hard it is to work on a legitimate proposal drafting in here with so many wacky threads taking up the entire list!
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Enn
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 26, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Enn » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:59 pm

I find it rather interesting that the author here, with a join date of... yesterday, is the same person asking for there to be limitations on when people are first allowed to submit proposals over in Technical.

I also suspect they have a bad case of wanting-their-name-in-the-resolution-authors-list-itis, judging by how many different ideas they've gone through since they joined the WA forum.
I know what gay science is.
Reploid Productions wrote:The World Assembly as a whole terrifies me!
Pythagosaurus wrote:You are seriously deluded about the technical competence of the average human.

Kryozerkia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryozerkia » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:14 pm

I've noticed you seem eager to participate in the game, and that is fine.

It seems you may have been a little too eager. You've been starting thread after thread on different proposals. It could be considered spam.

Now then, rather than creating more threads, try working on one idea/proposal at a time. This means coming back to your current thread, checking to see what people are saying and making the changes that would lead to a proposal that could make it in queue in the WA. Having one good proposal is better than having many shoddy proposals. This is the way to gain respect of the veterans of the WA; take it one proposal at a time.
Problem to Report?
Game-side: Getting Help
Forum-side: Moderation
Technical issue/suggestion: Technical
A-well-a, don't you know about the bird
♦ Well, everybody knows that the bird is the word ♦
♦ A-well-a, bird, bird, b-bird's the word

Get the cheese to Sickbay

"Ok folks, show's over... Nothing to see here... Show's OH MY GOD! A horrible plane crash! Hey everybody, get a load of this flaming wreckage! Come on, crowd around, crowd around, don't be shy, crowd around!" -- Chief Wiggum

Fargoalmus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

contradicting

Postby Fargoalmus » Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:20 pm

I find it rather interesting that the author here, with a join date of... yesterday, is the same person asking for there to be limitations on when people are first allowed to submit proposals over in Technical.

Yes I do admit it is rather contradicting.

Ilharessa
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ilharessa » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:28 pm

Fargoalmus wrote:Catogory: Enviorment (Uranium)

OBSERVES that nucler bomb use has become legalized for use in war.
FURTHER OBSERVES that uranium spilles and bombs cause lasting radiation and have a relitivly high death total.
DECLARES that ming over (put reply results here) units of uranium is illigel.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Plese put a resanable amount as a response.

"How about 'don't submit this at all?' I hope that is reasonable enough." The ambassadoress stops to sip a cup of heated chocolate before continuing. "While uranium has usage in nuclear weapons, which are rather crude and ultimately ineffective ways of utilizing the technology for warfare, it also has uses in a number of other technologies. From medicine to power generation to even the production of certain household goods, uranium can actually be extremely useful. Have you ever considered the uses of it and other radioactive materials in producing fire detection systems? Or how about using small amounts of shielded uranium to produce power cells? You can even use depleted uranium in armor and weaponry for the composition. We've noted a number of nations seem to have discovered depleted uranium bullets already."

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:40 pm

I think we can just accept this and the other proposals submitted by this character as illegal, ridiculous, or just plain incomprehensible. They've got no potential, no organization, and no consideration of the rules. Fargoalmus is simply incapable of submitting anything worth looking at. He successfully fortified my suspicions of his being, I hate to use the word, a "noob" when he decided to spam my TG box after I opposed his threads.

I don't think there's any need to continue replying to these. Some of us are trying to work on legitimate proposals, and, as much as I know people love to shit on bad proposals and how fun it is, there's a time when we all get it already.

Fargoalmus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Spaming

Postby Fargoalmus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:06 am

I hate to use the word, a "noob" when he decided to spam my TG box after I opposed his threads

I made a simple comment and well this is how it went: Me
U think the words
Don't look in it
are supposed to discourage me. It incouraged me
Him
Alas, directions are important.
Me
You (can't say online, might get banned.)
Him
Getting banned is bad for one's enamel. For every five bans one receives, it deteriorates 1/3 of their overall dental structure.
at this point I realized I had begain (almost) spamming and stopped. Notice, now that he recognized why i'd stopped he blamed me for something he didn't even care about. Well, I guess every time he goes to any thing he finds a way to curse it and condime it.

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:28 am

EDIT: Clarifying, his first telegram was related to my "do not open" spoiler in my signiture, believe it or not.

Actually, you sent me a few of those messages around three times, so I just assumed you were spamming me.

Can we drop this thread now?
Last edited by A mean old man on Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ilharessa
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ilharessa » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:25 am

OOC: Could you please not send me telegrams with copies of your proposal when a reply here will reach me just as quickly? Admittedly, Ilharessa's membership in the WA is only for an RP-related plotline that I am currently in the middle of rewriting the launch of. I try to save telegrams for OOC communications of things I need to know immediately (like, say, I got kicked out of the WA for making 70 proposals mandating a universal color of cheese or something like that) and would prefer that issues which are related to the IC persona of the nation remain in a field where it is the IC persona interacting.

I am sorry if I come across as hostile in this statement.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:01 pm

Fargoalmus wrote:Catogory: Enviorment (Uranium)

OBSERVES that nucler bomb use has become legalized for use in war.
FURTHER OBSERVES that uranium spilles and bombs cause lasting radiation and have a relitivly high death total.
DECLARES
1.That mining over (put poll results here) units of uranium for Bombs or a war effort in a calendar year is illigel.
2. Creates the: internatinal sociaty for uranium bomb control. (ISUBC) This organization
I. Tracking uranium use of contries.
II. Enforces clause 1.
PROTECTING the world form nucler events like heroshima from destroting the world is the goal of this contract.
Plese put a resanable amount as a response to the poll.
This does not include medicane, power, fire detection systams and hot chocolat.
Endorcments nedded

No. Oppose. Irrevocably bad draft resolution.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Burninati0n
Envoy

Founded: Oct 15, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Burninati0n » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:17 pm

Ambridge County wrote:NationStates.

ur doin it rong

THIS! :o

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:18 pm

Fargoalmus, it's Hiroshima not Heroshima. And, I would suggest getting this "thing" spellchecked, as it needs it BADLY.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

A mean old man
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:20 pm

TEAR IT APART! TEAR IT APART! TEAR IT APART!

I think we get it already, guys; it's a bad proposal. The only thing that anyone seems to be doing now is repeating everything that's already been said. The only thing being accomplished by keeping this thread alive is the cluttering up of the already exhausted GA thread list. I've already said it, but it's amazingly difficult to manage a serious proposal while all people do is rip apart the bad ones and make them cover up the topic list for far longer than they should.

There's no more meat to pick off this proposal's brittle bones.
Last edited by A mean old man on Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fargoalmus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

TEAR IT APART! TEAR IT APART! TEAR IT APART!

Postby Fargoalmus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:07 am

To: The Grouchy Old Man
U are a crouchy old man arnt u. I am new. Can't I have time to fix my draft without you killing it?
Your spoiler in your signature "Why can't u follow dirictions" shows me this is a life stlye choice.
Last edited by Fargoalmus on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:26 am

The honoured ambassador to Charlotte Ryberg respects the environmental aims of this draft, but the measures suggested is considered to be draconian in my opinion.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:41 am

Fargoalmus wrote:To: The Grouchy Old Man
U are a crouchy old man arnt u. I am new. Can't I have time to fix my draft without you killing it?
Your spoiler in your signature "Why can't u follow dirictions shows me this is a life stlye choice.

OOC - A couple suggestions. If you want to be taken serious here, Stop writing in text-talk. Use real words. Also, spellcheck is your friend, use it please. The occassional misspelling happens to everybody. Every other word is confusing and maddening.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Changchu
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Changchu » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:18 am

Objections to this:

1. Uranium is the least dangerous fissionable radioisotope out there. Due to its extremely long half life, its radioactivity is almost none.
2. Ban uranium-based nukes, and people will migrate to plutonium or other shorter-lived artificial elements.
Last edited by Changchu on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fargoalmus
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fargoalmus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:24 am

i am not suggesting a ban but chernoble a nucler plant blew up 50 years ago and is still radio active.

Changchu
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Changchu » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:47 am

Fargoalmus wrote:i am not suggesting a ban but chernoble a nucler plant blew up 50 years ago and is still radio active.

The stuff from Chernobyl was mainly fission products. The uranium is responsible for almost none of the radiation; it is almost completely lighter elements created by fission.

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:03 am

Fargoalmus wrote:i am not suggesting a ban but chernoble a nucler plant blew up 50 years ago and is still radio active.

OOC: Please check your facts better than that, if you want people to take you seriously...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Unicario
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 27, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Unicario » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:25 am

Fargo:

Chernobyl exploded April 1986. 1:30AM, Reactor 4 exploded.
Dai Ginkaigan Teikoku
Head of State: Ranko XIX Tentai
Ruling party is the Zenminjintō (Socialist Coalition)
Ginkaigan is currently at peace.

Crabulonia
Minister

Founded: Aug 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Crabulonia » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:32 am

Room for improvement.

1. Fact check.

2. Spell check.

3. Thought check.

4. Grammer check.
Last edited by Crabulonia on Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly