NATION

PASSWORD

Repeal the 2nd Amendment

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

What is your opinion on gun control?

no restrictions on firearms
17%
some restrictions, but less restriction than there is now
31%
tighten regulation of guns by increasing registration or by banning certain types of guns
43%
all guns should be banned
9%

Total votes : 1225

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Repeal the 2nd Amendment

Postby Ora Amaris » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:19 pm

The NRA can talk all they want about how "guns don't kill people ... people kill people" but at the end of the day if the guns weren't manufactured in the first place, the point would be moot.

Since no court seems willing to put a logical legal interpretation on the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution, it should just be outright appealed.

In every tragedy there is a silver lining - and if this Colorado shooting catastrophe brings us any closer to banning recreational ownership of assault rifles and handguns in the US, then maybe something can come of it.

It's just too easy to get a hold of a gun.
Last edited by Ora Amaris on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Let beauty and creativity reign throughout the universe,
Preserve the sublime equilibrium of nature,
Find enlightenment through the doors of perception,
An it harm none, do what thou wilt,
Respect yourself, respect all life, celebrate oneness with the universe.
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Factbook Entry

Raeyh
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raeyh » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm

Ora Amaris wrote:if the guns weren't manufactured in the first place, the point would be moot.

Good luck getting the US government to become pacifists.
Last edited by Raeyh on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:24 pm

Ora Amaris wrote:The NRA can talk all they want about how "guns don't kill people ... people kill people" but at the end of the day if the guns weren't manufactured in the first place, the point would be moot.

Since no court seems willing to put a logical legal interpretation on the 2nd amendment to the US Constitution, it should just be outright appealed.

In every tragedy there is a silver lining - and if this Colorado shooting catastrophe brings us any closer to banning recreational ownership of assault rifles and handguns in the US, then maybe something can come of it.

Destroy a central part of our culture, yeah you can definatley leave the US, I don't care if your republican or democrat.
Government: Romanist Ceasarist Dictatorship
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality
Ethnic Groups: American, Latino, Filipino

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:24 pm

As much as I hate how loose gun laws are in this country, even I don't want them fully banned, as there are legitimate uses for them.

Edit: And it's responses like the one above mine that make saying this so hard for me.
Last edited by Wikkiwallana on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Adafdfadfasdf
Diplomat

Founded: May 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Adafdfadfasdf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:25 pm

What would be a logical interpretation of the Second Amendment?
Bucky Katt- Hey, I’ll tolerate ‘em when they stop being freaks and act like me.

New Sapienta
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 28, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Sapienta » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Hell no.

Threlizdun
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 14, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Threlizdun » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Why?
She/they

Communalist, Social Ecologist, Bioregionalist

This site stresses me out, so I rarely come on here anymore. I'll try to be civil and respectful towards those I'm debating on here. If you don't extend the same courtesy then I'll probably just ignore you.

If we've been friendly in the past and you want to keep in touch, shoot me a telegram

Fellrike
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Fellrike » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:26 pm

Several state legislatures have discussed the possibility of secession if Washington ever attempts to ban the private ownership of firearms. Trying to end gun violence is a worthwhile goal, but it's not worth inciting a second war of secession.
However, does every problem really require a Federal solution? The states should be able to restrict gun ownership, if that's what their legislatures and voters favor.

Ashmoria
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 19, 2004
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ashmoria » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:27 pm

theres no sense in wasting time even thinking about it

its not going to happen

we cant even repeal the 3rd.
whatever

Adafdfadfasdf
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Adafdfadfasdf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:27 pm

Threlizdun wrote:Why?

Because guns are bad, mmm'kay?

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Why? We curb the worst excesses of private gun ownership via regulation.
Things like Automatic weapons SHOULD be banned and we should make customers provide ID as proof that their 18.

But I'd be opposed to outright banning of firearms.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 pm

Wikkiwallana wrote:As much as I hate how loose gun laws are in this country, even I don't want them fully banned, as there are legitimate uses for them.

Edit: And it's responses like the one above mine that make saying this so hard for me.

it's people like the OP that make me want to say that.
Political Themes: Nationalism, Romanticism, Ceasarism, Militarism, Social Liberalism, Cult of Personality

Blazedtown
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Blazedtown » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Ora Amaris wrote:The NRA can talk all they want about how "guns don't kill people ... people kill people" but at the end of the day if the guns weren't manufactured in the first place, the point would be moot.

The war on drugs is the biggest reason for the massive amount of gun crime in this country. Legalize drugs, don't ban guns.
Go Vikings.
Sunnyvale, straight the fuck up.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Blazedtown wrote:

The war on drugs is the biggest reason for the massive amount of gun crime in this country. Legalize drugs, don't ban guns.

This ^

Aleckandor
Minister

Founded: May 30, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aleckandor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Don't do it. If anything, the outright illegalization of gun ownership could make things post-Aurora Theater Massacre worse.
♜♞♝ ~ THE GLOBAL SOVEREIGN CONFEDERACY OF ALECKANDOR ~ ♝♞♜
The IC demonym is "Aleckandorean(s)". Just call me Aleck.
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Raumm
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raumm » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Look at Mexico's gun laws and then look at their crime. You are ignorant if you think a new law will stop a criminal.

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:

This ^

Because we'll be all too stoned to think about putting bullets into other individuals. :D
"ANYBODY THAT SAID YOU WON'T EAT XMAS AND NEW YEAR RICE, LET THEM DIE BY FIRE!" - Based Ugandan (?) Chef

Confederate Constituencies | Ethnocultural Groups | Yerhvennian Continent Map | Diplomatic Relationships
RP Tech: MT/PMT | Total GDP: $354.6 Trillion | Population (2020): 24.7 Billion | Standing Military: 10.3 Million

Adafdfadfasdf
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Adafdfadfasdf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Genivaria wrote:Why? We curb the worst excesses of private gun ownership via regulation.
Things like Automatic weapons SHOULD be banned and we should make customers provide ID as proof that their 18.

One must provide ID to purchase a firearm. It's been federal law for several decades.

The Taryegeans
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The Taryegeans » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:32 pm

Not even going to bother with this thread other than to say this: it will never happen.

North Calaveras
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby North Calaveras » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Aleckandor wrote:
North Calaveras wrote:
This ^

Because we'll be all too stoned to think about putting bullets into other individuals. :D

at least we will still have our guns then

Ora Amaris
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ora Amaris » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Blazedtown wrote:The war on drugs is the biggest reason for the massive amount of gun crime in this country. Legalize drugs, don't ban guns.

Why not legalize drugs, and ban guns?
Let beauty and creativity reign throughout the universe,
Preserve the sublime equilibrium of nature,
Find enlightenment through the doors of perception,
An it harm none, do what thou wilt,
Respect yourself, respect all life, celebrate oneness with the universe.
Economic Left/Right: -7.50
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.49
Factbook Entry

Wikkiwallana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Wikkiwallana » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:33 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Wikkiwallana wrote:As much as I hate how loose gun laws are in this country, even I don't want them fully banned, as there are legitimate uses for them.

it's people like the OP that make me want to say that.

Not his fault you would rather kick him out than discuss your differences.
Proud Scalawag and Statist!

Please don't confuse my country for my politics; my country is being run as a parody, my posts aren't.
Dumb Ideologies wrote:Halt!
Just because these people are stupid, wrong and highly dangerous does not mean you have the right to make them feel sad.
Xenohumanity wrote:
Nulono wrote:Snip
I'm a pro-lifer who runs a nation of dragon-men...
And even I think that's stupid.
Avenio wrote:Just so you know, the use of the term 'sheep' 'sheeple' or any other herd animal-based terminology in conjunction with an exhortation to 'think outside the box' or stop going along with groupthink generally indicates that the speaker is actually more closed-minded on the subject than the people that he/she is addressing. At least, in my experience at least.

Aleckandor
Minister

Postby Aleckandor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:33 pm

North Calaveras wrote:
Aleckandor wrote:

at least we will still have our guns then

It's a win-win.

Raumm
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Raumm » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Adafdfadfasdf wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Why? We curb the worst excesses of private gun ownership via regulation.

One must provide ID to purchase a firearm. It's been federal law for several decades.

and buying automatic weapons requires the purchaser to go through the extensive CLASS 3 FFL legal process.

Adafdfadfasdf
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Adafdfadfasdf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:34 pm

Ora Amaris wrote:
Blazedtown wrote:The war on drugs is the biggest reason for the massive amount of gun crime in this country. Legalize drugs, don't ban guns.

Why not legalize drugs, and ban guns?

Why ban anything? My firearms are of no danger to you--don't restrict my rights.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General