NATION

PASSWORD

Super Hero High (old OOC, search for new one)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:
Nakarisaune wrote:AP, you are a cruel person ;_; You killed the combo!

"Well, the victim was last seen beating somebody up with the nuclear football before dying from a wooden projectile that shattered on impact when the nuclear football disappeared."

"I guess this was a case" Altruistic Paladins said while putting on glasses, "of broken arrow."

Da fuq?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:25 pm

Camicon wrote:
"Well, the victim was last seen beating somebody up with the nuclear football before dying from a wooden projectile that shattered on impact when the nuclear football disappeared."

"I guess this was a case" Altruistic Paladins said while putting on glasses, "of broken arrow."

Da fuq?

Everyone, head to your "bad joke" bunker!
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Mavorpen wrote:
Camicon wrote:Da fuq?

That's not even a bad joke.
Don't worry. I'm just a bridge troll that feeds on forum drama.
Harbinger of the RP endtimes.
we will send a air stare on libya if they don't stop their attack
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"
"FIRE IN THE HOE" he bellowed before triggering the explosive.
Julius Ceasar was a normal 14 year old who played Elder Tale in Russia.
We have already established, more powerful beings are not a proper weakness.

I miss Kare-bear :C

Crumlark
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Hello, I am in a very odd situation. I am in at least ten RP's, but all of them have suddenly and completely either died or were indefinitely put on hold. I promise to make quality posts on here, and if there is anything important I should know that might not be mentioned in the OP that could lead to logical inconsistencies with my character, please inform me about them. Now this might be open, but I would understand if you refused me.

Name: Victoria Glen
Nationality: American, of Japanese heritage.
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 103 lbs
Hair: Mousy Brown, gets matted easily if left ungroomed, not oily
Eyes: An angelic blue-green
Costume (if any): None
Abilities: Heightened senses, and Illusion (limited)
Alignment: Vigilante
Brief Bio: Victoria was born under odd circumstances, those being that she was born while her mom and dad on a two-week vacation in the Bahamas. Even before the three left the island paradise, it was obvious she wouldn't fit in with the other children. She had a case of Autism, known as "High-Functioning Asperger's Syndrome". As she grew older, and went from infant to child, her mom wouldn't stop smothering her, and her dad, while caring, was a bit too playful to really talk to. All of this just made her feel rage, not being taken seriously, keeping it pent up, until she discovered the wonders of modern medicine. Calming prescriptions, like Whisperdol, swallowed her emotions, mellowing her internal turmoil. And then the war came, and such things suddenly became in short supply. and while defending herself, she discovered what really made her "special". Now, having lost contact with her family long before the war ended, she reaches a new haven alone, perhaps one that can accept her, pills or no pills.
Last edited by Crumlark on Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Anarchist. I'm dating TotallyNotEvilLand, and I love him. I am made whole.

Melly, merely living, surviving, is to suffer. You must fill your life with more to be happy.
Liberate Mallorea and Riva!

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Mavorpen wrote:

That's not even a bad joke.

"Altruistic Paladin #1. What do we do now."

"Cut to commercial and turn this into a B.L.A.M., Altruistic Paladin #852, that will forever be forgotten."

"Yeah, okay. How do we do that."

"I do not know, this is getting awkward the longer this shot pans on us."

"Just cut to the bad joke bunker! Get the camera off us!"

"It is still panning on us and the dead body of that I.R.A. member!"

"Everybody, pay attention to the sponsors!"

"You knew this was not going to end well because of just how awkard it was! I told you that you needed to license the music and get actual sunglasses for it to work! You were only making the joke because you read an article about how much mentally healthier people were that made jokes frequently."

"The more we argue, the more the camera focuses on us. It can smell our I.R.A.tation! Stop pointing out my shortcommings as a writer for everything but odd comedy."
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Crumlark wrote:Hello, I am in a very odd situation. I am in at least ten RP's, but all of them have suddenly and completely either died or were indefinitely put on hold. I promise to make quality posts on here, and if there is anything important I should know that might not be mentioned in the OP that could lead to logical inconsistencies with my character, please inform me about them. Now this might be open, but I would understand if you refused me.

Abilities: Heightened senses, and the power of Creation (limited)
Brief Bio: Victoria was born under odd circumstances, those being that she was born while her mom and dad on a two-week vacation in the Bahamas. Even before the three left the island paradise, it was obvious she wouldn't fit in with the other children. She had a mild case of Autism, known as "Asperger's Syndrome". As she grew older, and went from infant to child, her mom wouldn't stop smothering her, and her dad, while caring, was a bit too playful to really talk to. All of this just made her feel rage, not being taken seriously, keeping it pent up, until she discovered the wonders of modern medicine. Calming prescriptions, like Whisperdol, swallowed her emotions, mellowing her internal turmoil. And then the war came, and such things suddenly became in short supply. and while defending herself, she discovered what really made her "special". Now, having lost contact with her family long before the war ended, she reaches a new haven alone, perhaps one that can accept her, pills or no pills.

She's tall for a 14 year old.
The krang countered the wave with something. And continued to try and take over the decepticon seeker.
Everybody! Can you stop saying that the cargo ship sinking we have done lately was a war crime. We were trying to economically destroy the UK.
Mair glows brightly and transforms in a human, wearing a white cloak, "leave us"

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Crumlark wrote:Hello, I am in a very odd situation. I am in at least ten RP's, but all of them have suddenly and completely either died or were indefinitely put on hold. I promise to make quality posts on here, and if there is anything important I should know that might not be mentioned in the OP that could lead to logical inconsistencies with my character, please inform me about them. Now this might be open, but I would understand if you refused me.

Abilities: Heightened senses, and the power of Creation (limited)
Brief Bio: Victoria was born under odd circumstances, those being that she was born while her mom and dad on a two-week vacation in the Bahamas. Even before the three left the island paradise, it was obvious she wouldn't fit in with the other children. She had a mild case of Autism, known as "Asperger's Syndrome". As she grew older, and went from infant to child, her mom wouldn't stop smothering her, and her dad, while caring, was a bit too playful to really talk to. All of this just made her feel rage, not being taken seriously, keeping it pent up, until she discovered the wonders of modern medicine. Calming prescriptions, like Whisperdol, swallowed her emotions, mellowing her internal turmoil. And then the war came, and such things suddenly became in short supply. and while defending herself, she discovered what really made her "special". Now, having lost contact with her family long before the war ended, she reaches a new haven alone, perhaps one that can accept her, pills or no pills.

And an Asian... I know.... but I am 6 foot and 14!

Melly, merely living, surviving, is to suffer. You must fill your life with more to be happy.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 pm

Crumlark wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

So... 7'2"?
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Camicon wrote:
Crumlark wrote:And an Asian... I know.... but I am 6 foot and 14!

So... 7'2"?

(S)He is referring to her age with the last number.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Crumlark wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Don't lie to your elders!!!
*Grumbles about feeling short*

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:36 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Crumlark wrote:And an Asian... I know.... but I am 6 foot and 14!

Fine... 5' 10". But that is as low as I will go. :p

Hetland 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Hetland 2 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Crumlark wrote:
Hetland 2 wrote:

Fine... 5' 10". But that is as low as I will go. :p

THAT'S STILL TALLER THAN ME!!!!
*Runs off crying*

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 pm

Hetland 2 wrote:
Crumlark wrote:Fine... 5' 10". But that is as low as I will go. :p

THAT'S STILL TALLER THAN ME!!!!
*Runs off crying*

"'Der 'der, you can always use the excuse of using French feet instead of English feet."

"Now you sound like a serial killer."

"Stop it. The cameras keep panning on you because you talk!"
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 17, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nakarisaune » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:40 pm

My excuse is that I can't convert centimetres to feet :P
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:41 pm

Crumlark wrote:She had a mild case of Autism, known as "Asperger's Syndrome".

Did you just call Asperger's Syndrome "mild"?
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:43 pm

Did you not just call Asperger's Syndrome "mild"?
Yes, yes I did. I have it myself. It was described (around me anyway) as a mild case of Autism.
Nakarisaune wrote:My excuse is that I can't convert centimetres to feet :P
And Naka, Didn't think I would find YOU here. I thoght you only existed in the Wombat.
Last edited by Crumlark on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Crumlark wrote:
Did you not just call Asperger's Syndrome "mild"?
Yes, yes I did. I have it myself. It was described (around me anyway) as a mild case of Autism.
Nakarisaune wrote:My excuse is that I can't convert centimetres to feet :P
And Naka, Didn't think I would find YOU here. I thoght you only existed in the Wombat.

Nah, I've been here before I even knew the Wombat existed :P
"Nakari won best WW player, awarded to the person who is best at lying." - Fratt

"I wanted you to see what real courage is, instead of getting the idea that courage is a point with a hundred endorsements. It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what."

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:46 pm

Did you just call Asperger's Syndrome "mild"?

That's how it is often described. A mild form of Autism.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Help me out
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:48 pm

Asperger's syndrome is defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR) as a pervasive developmental disorder that is distinguished by a pattern of symptoms rather than a single symptom. It is characterized by impairment in social interaction, by stereotyped and restricted patterns of behavior, activities and interests, and by no clinically significant delay in cognitive development or general delay in language. Impairments must be significant, and must affect important areas of function, and the diagnosis is excluded if criteria are also met for autism.

To say Asperger's is mild Autism is like say that lung cancer is "mild cancer". It still is a type of cancer that significantly affects things. There is a seperate list of criterea that are better fit for it that are used regardless of Autism Spectrum disorders and more one how debilitated by an autism spectrum disorder one is. They are things like "high-functioning autism", not "mild". There are people who are low-functioning autistic that have Asperger's syndrome.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:53 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:Asperger's syndrome is defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR) as a pervasive developmental disorder that is distinguished by a pattern of symptoms rather than a single symptom. It is characterized by impairment in social interaction, by stereotyped and restricted patterns of behavior, activities and interests, and by no clinically significant delay in cognitive development or general delay in language. Impairments must be significant, and must affect important areas of function, and the diagnosis is excluded if criteria are also met for autism.

To say Asperger's is mild Autism is like say that lung cancer is "mild cancer". It still is a type of cancer that significantly affects things. There is a seperate list of criterea that are better fit for it that encompass all Autism Spectrum disorders. They are things like "high-functioning autism", not "mild".

Ah ha... I comprehend what you said... you make sense. Thanks for that post... how should I adapt my application?

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:00 pm

Crumlark wrote:
Altruistic Paladins wrote:Asperger's syndrome is defined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV-TR) as a pervasive developmental disorder that is distinguished by a pattern of symptoms rather than a single symptom. It is characterized by impairment in social interaction, by stereotyped and restricted patterns of behavior, activities and interests, and by no clinically significant delay in cognitive development or general delay in language. Impairments must be significant, and must affect important areas of function, and the diagnosis is excluded if criteria are also met for autism.

To say Asperger's is mild Autism is like say that lung cancer is "mild cancer". It still is a type of cancer that significantly affects things. There is a seperate list of criterea that are better fit for it that encompass all Autism Spectrum disorders. They are things like "high-functioning autism", not "mild".

Ah ha... I comprehend what you said... you make sense. Thanks for that post... how should I adapt my application?

Just use the term "high-functioning autistic" seeing as to how there are plenty of "low-functioning autistics" that have Asperger's syndrome. Arigato for demonstrating nunchi and not being a backpfeifengesicht.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,

Crumlark
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crumlark » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Crumlark wrote:Ah ha... I comprehend what you said... you make sense. Thanks for that post... how should I adapt my application?

Just use the term "high-functioning autistic" seeing as to how there are plenty of "low-functioning autistics" that have Asperger's syndrome. Arigato.

Done and Done. And to think how odd my character could have been. Thanks

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:34 pm

1. Aloha Stadium (Real Life)
2. The Lobo (Rosseane)
3. The "un-used" music room (OHSHC)
2. The club which I am obligated to say does not exist (Fight Club)
5. Ohtori Academy (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
6. The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz)/Altruistic Paladins' Mind (Real Life)
7. Gliese 581 c (Real Life)
8. Nakarisaune's closet (Real Life)
9. The Philadelphia Museum of Art (Real Life)
10. An un-named, cozy, little pub (???)
11. Noir Universe (Marvel Comics)
12. Heart of the Forest Renaissance Faire (Real Life)
13. Lotsamethuselah '96 (WWWF Grudge Match)
14. Corrian's vehicle (Real Life)
15. Bad Joke Bunker (Internet)
By Hits Holy Hand,

Nakarisaune
Ambassador

Postby Nakarisaune » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:43 pm

Altruistic Paladins wrote:1. Aloha Stadium (Real Life)
2. The Lobo (Rosseane)
3. The "un-used" music room (OHSHC)
2. The club which I am obligated to say does not exist (Fight Club)
5. Ohtori Academy (Revolutionary Girl Utena)
6. The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz)/Altruistic Paladins' Mind (Real Life)
7. Gliese 581 c (Real Life)
8. Nakarisaune's closet (Real Life)
9. The Philadelphia Museum of Art (Real Life)
10. An un-named, cozy, little pub (???)
11. Noir Universe (Marvel Comics)
12. Heart of the Forest Renaissance Faire (Real Life)
13. Lotsamethuselah '96 (WWWF Grudge Match)
14. Corrian's vehicle (Real Life)
15. Bad Joke Bunker (Internet)

AP, everyone knows the answer is #9.

Ularn
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Ularn » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:54 pm

:palm: You know how I mentioned today that I like to keep my writing as accurate as possible? Well I just realised that in the British Army a squad is called a section and its led by a corporal rather than a sergeant. Aardman and Paswan are really overqualified for their positions...
ULARN INTERSTELLAR FEDERATION
Many Worlds; One Ring!
FACTBOOK | Q&A | EMBASSIES & FOREIGN OFFICE | #NSFT | #NSLegion | TRIPLICATE DEFENCE INDUSTRIES
P2tM
Broken World: Beastmasters | Of Zombies and Men
Jesus was a carpenter, so really I'm the one doing God's work - all anyone else cares about is what he got up to on the dole!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse