NATION

PASSWORD

PASSED: Liberate Democratia

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.
Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Founded: Oct 13, 2008
Ex-Nation

PASSED: Liberate Democratia

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:40 am

I submitted the following proposal in the hopes of liberating the region Democratia. I am open to any suggestions for revisions. And I hope that you all will support this. I am staunchly against the destruction of NS regions and find the actions of The Axis of Evil to be detestable. Thank you.

Liberate Democratia
A resolution to strike down Delegate-imposed barriers to free entry in a region

Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): Democratia
Proposed by: Jedi-Gangsters

Description: The region of Democratia was a sovereign region home to a vibrant community. On September 1, 2009, The Axis of Evil successfully invaded Democratia. The invader Delegate, Smetistan, proceeded to password-protect Democratia, and rid the region of the remaining native population. The destruction of a region like Democratia is a travesty and we must do whatever we can to right this wrong.

With a secret password in place, it is impossible for the natives of Democratia to reclaim their region, dooming the region to a slow death. While there might be hesitation to interfere in the internal affairs of a region, World Assembly intervention is the only course of action left that will allow the rightful inhabitants of Democratia to reclaim their home.

Therefore, the World Assembly hereby lifts the password on the region of Democratia, and forbids said region from being password-protected.

Approvals: 2 (Jedi-Gangsters, Blluedevil)

Voting Ends: in 3 days, 9 hours

The I EAT INVADERS FOR BREAKFAST of Jedi-Gangsters has approved this proposal.

Last edited by Flibbleites on Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:14 am

I'm in for the liberation. Following the success of Feudal Japan (now it is in the care of a sole rightful inhabitant for peace) I will support this.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:30 am

Charlotte Ryberg wrote:I'm in for the liberation. Following the success of Feudal Japan (now it is in the care of a sole rightful inhabitant for peace) I will support this.

Thank you! We obtained 59 votes, which is just fantastic! And it should go up for vote today. :D

EVIL BEYOND COMPARE
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby EVIL BEYOND COMPARE » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:35 am

I HATE this idea

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:37 am

EVIL BEYOND COMPARE wrote:I HATE this idea

How constructive! I have no issue with players who oppose my resolution, or similiar ones. If you are going to make a post, please make it productive and intelligent.

Blotting
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 31, 2006
Capitalizt

Postby Blotting » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:24 am

This seems like a worthy vote. Invading and locking up another region should always be frowned upon, and whenever possible steps should be taken to reverse any such actions (through due process at the World Assembly of course). What's the background behind the Axis's actions?

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:32 am

Great, you found out how to use copy/paste. Some authors have been known to draft their own resolutions; you might try looking into that next time.
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 am

Blotting wrote:This seems like a worthy vote. Invading and locking up another region should always be frowned upon, and whenever possible steps should be taken to reverse any such actions (through due process at the World Assembly of course). What's the background behind the Axis's actions?

Thank you! It is a worthy cause. The destruction of a region is never good.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:43 am

Nigel looked over at the next proposal in the batch

Well that didn't last too long he said, back to the stupid they said they said soap opera...

Consulting the WeCouldReallyCareLessAboutCAndC'sTM Rubric, he said.

We were at first going to cast our vote for this proposition because of it's initial score of 25
+25 Points for No Mention of Nazis
- 25 Points for No Mention of Nazi Zombies
+25 Points for No Mention of Salad Dressing
- 10 Points for No Mention of Penguins
+10 Points for No Mention of Colors

however once we read all the way down the rubric realized we must vote against it because of this

-100 Points for copy and pasting and making no attempt to hide it.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:45 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:Great, you found out how to use copy/paste. Some authors have been known to draft their own resolutions; you might try looking into that next time.

I did use the Liberate Belgium proposal as an outline, but this does not the change fact that the actions taken by The Axis of Evil are anything but wrong. Democratia was a sovereign region, and invading and leaving the region is one thing. Invading the region and locking it up is whole other thing. Liberating Democratia is the honorable thing to do.

United Marktoria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby United Marktoria » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:45 am

Marktoria has voted for the Liberation. But I continue to wonder how many nations were residents in Democratia prior to the Invasion.
Political Compass
Economic Left/Right: -3.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.03
Conserative Morality wrote:He stares into your soul and says 'If you oppose Freedom, I will rip out your heart and fertilize my fields with your blood, afterwords, I will construct architectural marvels with your bones and write entire books on your cured skin.'
You can tell a lot about a man's intentions from his stare.

Lunatic Goofballs wrote:
Tungookska wrote:you mean like the 12 guys and the prostitute that he hung out with?

That's not a commune. That's a rugby team. ;)

Ifreann wrote:I'm an atheist because God spoke to me through a burning pile of evidence bush and said unto me "Go forth, and piss my people off!".

A mean old man
Senator

Founded: Jun 27, 2008
Father Knows Best State

Postby A mean old man » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:28 am

This seems to be a pretty well-justified liberation.

It's currently losing, but that's only because of Aegara, and we all know he's got a sweet spot for raiders. Once a few other delegates vote, we'll be able to see a more accurate idea of what ratio of the WA supports this resolution.
A: SC#16 - Repeal "Liberate The Security Council"
A: SC#26 - Commend The Joint Systems Alliance
A: SC#30 - Commend 10000 Islands
A: SC#37 - Condemn NAZI EUROPE
A: SC#38 - Repeal "Condemn NAZI EUROPE"
A: GA#149 - On Expiration Dates
C: SC#58 - Repeal "Commend Sedgistan"
A: SC#62 - Repeal "Condemn Swarmlandia"
C: SC#63 - Commend Ballotonia
A: SC#65 - Condemn Punk Reloaded
C: GA#163 - Repeal "Law of the Sea"
A: SC#72 - Repeal "Commend Mikeswill"
C: SC#74 - Condemn Lone Wolves United
C: SC#76 - Repeal "Condemn Thatcherton"
A: SC#81 - Repeal "Condemn Anthony Delasanta"
C: SC#83 - Condemn Automagfreek
C: SC#84 - Repeal "Liberate Islam"
C: SC#111 - Commend Krulltopia ← please forget

Travancore-Cochin
Envoy

Founded: Jun 25, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Travancore-Cochin » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:50 am

I will cast my vote nominally FOR the resolution because it's pretty evident that the Axis of Evil had raided and turned it into a gloat-trophy.

However, I don't feel strongly about the actual liberation of the region, because I'm not sure whether a griefing actually took place.
Last edited by Travancore-Cochin on Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:53 am

Travancore-Cochin wrote:I will cast my vote nominally FOR the resolution because it's pretty evident that the Axis of Evil had raided and turned it into a gloat-trophy.

However, I don't feel strongly about the actual liberation of the region, because I'm not sure whether a griefing actually took place.

I appreciate your voting in FAVOR of this resolution. :)

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:10 pm

Lucky Number

The current resolution at vote is a disgusting affront to our region's sovereignty. If our rightfully elected delegate, in his immense wisdom, deems it justified to protect our region against the imperialist defender aggression, he has excellent reasons to do so and the WA shall have to respect it!

Lucky Number is no native, and this was posted on the Civil HQ of Democratia. Lucky Number is a member of The Axis of Evil. And this just goes to show that no matter what, The Axis of Evil intends to hold onto Demodratia. Which is why we need to insure that this resolution passes.

Janet Dobinson
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Janet Dobinson » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:16 pm

Blotting wrote:This seems like a worthy vote. Invading and locking up another region should always be frowned upon, and whenever possible steps should be taken to reverse any such actions (through due process at the World Assembly of course). What's the background behind the Axis's actions?

Really? What about Feudal Japan?!

As the nation Lucky Number has stated on the RMB: "The current resolution at vote is a disgusting affront to our region's sovereignty. If our rightfully elected delegate, in his immense wisdom, deems it justified to protect our region against the imperialist defender aggression, he has excellent reasons to do so and the WA shall have to respect it!"

I believe that is a cogent argument given the track record of wastelands such as Feudal Japan and Chicago.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:19 pm

It certainly would be a cogent argument if it had come from a native of Democratia. But, Lucky Numbers is a known invader and member of The Axis of Evil. So, how can he speak to the sovereignty of region that he is a not a native of and a region that he helped invade?

Cinistra
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 pm

"Vibrant community", Jedi-Gangers :rofl: . At the time of the raid, Democratia consisted of only a few members, and it never grew, never tried to recruit, and was frankly speaking dying. I know, 'cause I had a puppet who resided there for a long time. Once again we see the defenders trying to resurrect a dead horse, long after the carcass has been flogged. Withdraw this stupid resolution of yours, and let's be freed for this time-wasting of yours.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"
>Can I invade other people's regions?

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.
>Once I've taken over a region, can I eject everyone else?

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:25 pm

Resurrect a dead horse? Who knows. What I do I want is to Liberate Democratia. If you truly believe that Democratia was dying then at least give the region some respect and let it do so on its own. So, do you support the actions of The Axis of Evil, and the attempt to keep regions as trophies?

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:34 pm

United Marktoria wrote:Marktoria has voted for the Liberation. But I continue to wonder how many nations were residents in Democratia prior to the Invasion.

I was there, by puppet, Marktoria. I think it was 3 or 4 nations inside (including my puppet). There wasn't much going on for a very long time.
"Send forth all legions! Do not stop the attack until the city is taken! Slay them all!"

Yes. The practice of "region crashing," where a group of nations all move to a region with the aim of seizing the WA Delegate position, is part of the game. Certain groups within NationStates are particularly adroit at this, and can attack very quickly.

You can try. Invader Delegates tend to have very little Regional Influence, which makes ejecting long-time residents difficult. But Delegates can be as kind, generous, evil, or despotic as they wish. It's up to regional residents to elect good Delegates.

Cinistra
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cinistra » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:35 pm

Jedi-Gangsters wrote:Resurrect a dead horse? Who knows. What I do I want is to Liberate Democratia. If you truly believe that Democratia was dying then at least give the region some respect and let it do so on its own. So, do you support the actions of The Axis of Evil, and the attempt to keep regions as trophies?

Trophy-keeping? That surely isn't against the instincts of defenders, as far as I have observed.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:36 pm

The Holy Empire of The Nuclear Robatics

New. Received: Seconds ago If that is your position then here is mine I Hope to Hell that the Axis Of Evil completely destroy the region of Democratia and wipe it from the NS Map for all time.

And then when the Axis is done with Democratia then they come to your region and do the same thing to your region all over again

The position stated in the TG I recieved and posted above is why I am doing this. If regions are to die then let them do so on their own accord. But, to willingly capture regions to keep them as trophies or to destroy them is not what this game should be about. I am apalled at the sentiment that is voiced in that telegram.

Jedi-Gangsters
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedi-Gangsters » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:36 pm

Trophy-keeping? That surely isn't against the instincts of defenders, as far as I have observed.

It goes against who I am as a member of NationStates.

Lucky Number
Civil Servant

Founded: Jan 03, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Lucky Number » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:39 pm

The government of Lucky Number would like to protest against the malicious slander spouted by Jedi-Gangsters on this thread. Lucky Number has always upheld the right of every nation and region to self-determination and therefore resents the interference of Equinox, a known imperialist region, in affairs that only concern the region of Democratia. Furthermore, Lucky Number is deeply troubled by the discriminatory attitude of J-G. LN government policies should not be of any concern to uninvolved nations.
Last edited by Lucky Number on Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Nuclear Robatics
Attaché

Founded: Oct 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Nuclear Robatics » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:42 pm

Jedi-Gangsters wrote:

Thank you! It is a worthy cause. The destruction of a region is never good.

I find this proposal to be a complete waste of time. I find that the Axis had the right to capture this region and use it for whatever purpose the Axis decides. If the natives of the region don't like it well tough, that is life.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives