NATION

PASSWORD

Torn Apart: A Country Divided (IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Vaugania
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Torn Apart: A Country Divided (IC/OPEN)

Postby Vaugania » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:42 am

"My fellow Americans, today we continue steps towards the change we need for this country to get back on it's feet. I gladly accept a second term as President of the United States..."
-President Barack Obama, November 7, 2012

"We are disappointed to announce that after confirmed reports of ballot stuffing by members of the Obama administration, President Barack Obama will be removed from office. How a replacement president will be determined is yet to be decided..."
-Chief Justice John Roberts, January 8, 2013

The nation has been left in turmoil. The back and forth doesn't cease in the halls of Congress. States have given up and ended any respect of federal authorities. They are attempting to form their own nations. There is no hero to unite the Union this time.

July 5th, 2013
Bismarck, North Dakota

President Jack Dalrymple looked out across Bismarck. Days earlier, he had elected the 1st President of The Great Plains Republic. Swift action had been taken to make the fledgling nation self-sufficient. All exports to states other than inside the new country had halted. All livestock and crops would be used for Plainites. Montana's mineral industry was being put to good use. The production of military armaments had surged, but due to the new nations small population, manpower only numbered 250,000. The process of building a nation would indeed be arduous, but not impossible.

A Riverine Patrol Boat cruised down the Heart River. The 5 man team was making a practice run in the event that patrolling rivers was actually necessary. LCpl. Wes Browning of the Great Plains Amphibious Force (GPAF) looking over to Sgt. Adam Westinghouse and said, "Beautiful country, ain't it?"

"Sure is," came a quick reply.

"Hopefully it doesn't get messed up too bad."

"Ain't that the truth."

Both of them had war on their mind. They knew things wouldn't be so stable for long.
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
Population: 120,000,000
President: Kris Strong
Active Military: 2,000,000
Military Reserves: 6,500,000 (mandatory reserve service from 18-21)
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER
Just call me Vaug. Or not if that's how you roll.

TaQud
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby TaQud » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:00 am

"Ah. What a glorious day to make a new nation." said Jack Hurmen glancing out a window, President of Ohio. He had led Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Michigan all into seceding and forming their own country. But their were still presidents needed for Michigan and Pennsylvania. Although he thought the former governors of the U.S would take charge of their state, the people from each state wanted to hold their own election. Jack Hurmen, When he seceded, decided to make, Cleveland the Capital of the Great lakes Nation. He waited to see who would be elected presidents of their states...
CENTRIST Economic Left/Right: 0.62 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46
List Your Sexuality, nickname(s), NSG Family and Friends, your NS Boyfriend or Girlfriend, gender, favorite quotes and anything else that shows your ego here.
(Because I couldn't live without knowing who was part of NSG Family or what your nickname was. I was panicking for days! I couldn't eat, I couldn't sleep I was so worried that I'd would never know and have to live without knowing this! /sarcasm)
2013 Best signature Award

Landseria
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Landseria » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:08 am

Los Angeles
"I, James Mosley, do so declare myself an absolute follower of Fascism, and will not rest until the people of California are economically, Socially, and physicality sound" Mosley boomed, the paltry civilian crowd clapped and the massive gathering of militiamen and blackshirts raised their rifles and yelled, practically shaking the windows of LA to their breaking point.
Proud Fascist and Anti-Antifa

Zaras
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 06, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:50 am

5 July 2013
White Salmon, Washington (12:00 PST)

The mood in the city hall of White Salmon, Washington was heavy, and it wasn't just because it was a surprisingly hot, dry day that was straining their air conditioners. Nor was it simply because the city hall suddenly found itself hosting more people than it was usually supposed to. A palpable mood of defeat and dread hung in the air among all the attendees, even the ones who attempted to disguide it by busily trying to fan themselves, with hands or whatever was handy. The room was so crowded that all the seats had been taken, and plenty of people found themselves standing up, now carrying the improbably heavy burden of plotting their course in the uncertain waters after the United States of America had broken up.

Hard to believe that a country that had seemingly lasted 237 years through thick and thin, and had endured its fair share of crises, could suddenly have been so destabilised and unceremoniously disbanded. (The forlorn US flag that still hung over the City Hall was a good reminder of what they had lost.) None of the representatives could forget Chief Justice Roberts' fateful announcement, or the shocking announcement that California had suffered a coup d'état by a fascist movement only some time later, and it had been these twin blows that had driven Washington and Oregon to announce that they had formed The Pacific Coast Federation. None in the room knew whether this was a temporary arrangement of convenience, or something that would endure and go on to thrive, just as their former country had. A new Constitution had been hurriedly drafted, and received public approval in a referendum. Until elections could be properly organised (with a switch to a preferential voting in order to allow multiple parties to have a fairer chance at the ballot), the Pacific Coast Legislative Assembly would be composed of all previously elected members of both the Washington State Legislature and the Oregon Legislative Assembly, and governors Jay Inslee and John Kitzhaber would jointly lead a provisional government.

The likelihood of elections being organised to end the transition soon was not very likely, and the attendees knew it, even if they pretended otherwise. 158 Representatives, 79 Senators and a few "special guests" were attending the provisional government meeting, whose location was chosen at White Salmon-Hood River in order to not give the appearance that the new Federation would favor any state in particular over the other. Governors Kitzhaber and Inslee were currently standing at the front of the table, having donated their chairs to members who needed it more than they did. The public officials who had suddenly found themselves members of the Pacific Coast Federation or had been more or less drafted into serving as the ad-hoc ministers in the provisional government were either staying in place silently, or talking to each other, and more than one could be heard expressing a feeling along the lines of "I didn't sign up for this..." or "What are we gonna do now?". Some still bickered over old political feuds, things that should have been set aside in view of the much bigger problem they now faced. Next to Kitzhaber and Inslee stood former Governor of California Jerry Brown, who had managed a surprising escape from Sacramento City Hall along with several members of the California State Legislature and had taken refuge in the Federation. Brown looked overwhelmed by the events, as he stood more or less perfectly still with his arms clasped behind him and facing downwards. The refugee Californian representatives alongside former Lieutenant Governor Gavin Newsom crammed themselves in the left corner of the room, similarly looking traumatised. John Pérez, until recently Speaker of the Assembly, contemplated out loud the amazing luck he had had in escaping the fascists, and expressed his fear that his less fortunate family and friends would meet gruesome fates at the usurpers' hands. Assemblymember Brian Jones was gazing vacantly into space with reddened eyes, envisioning the horrors California would be subject to under the fascists, and feeling crushed by the idea that his state, the state that had adopted him and the state he had loyally served, could potentially be lost forever.

President of the Senate Brad Owen rose from his seat and slapped the table loudly four times, enough to cease all further conversation and have all attention directed to him. "Esteemed members of the Legislative Assembly", he said. "This joint session is hereby called to order so that deliberations may begin." He then sat down, and turned to face their temporary joint leaders.

Kitzhaber spoke first, thanking Owen for opening the session and making a short speech about the momentous, historically significant situation they faced, expressing his belief that the new state would manage to rise to the occasion. He then proceeded to the first order of business: a motion that the Pacific State Federation refused to recognise the Fascist State of California, instead accepting Jerry Brown as the legitimate Governor who had been unlawfully deposed.

"All in favour?", asked Bruce Hanna, co-Speaker of the Oregon House of Representatives.

Every hand in the room immediately shot up.

"Very well, the motion is unanimously approved.", added co-Speaker Arnie Roblan.

After announcing the next item on the agenda as being the Fascist State of California, Kitzhaber and Inslee stepped back from the table to allow Jerry Brown, Gavin Newsom and several other members to speak to the Assembly about the abuses committed in the wake of the fascist coup d'état, and urge the Assembly to declare war on California. This item provoked some heated debate within the room, as everybody present was perfectly aware that Washington and Oregon were small in comparison with California and Nevada, and feared that inciting California so soon would end with the fascists brushing aside the Federation's unprepared military forces and taking over the entire coast. After hours of arguments, the vote eventually came down, and a narrow majority voted in favour of declaring war on California. Several other bills to facillitate such a task were debated and approved in succession, such as a bill that officially nationalised all former US military installations on the territory of the Federation, a bill amalgamating both states' defense forces into the Pacific Coast Federation Defense Force (PCFDF), a bill activating all the National Guard reserve forces on Pacifican soil and integrating them with the PCFDF, a bill that combined both states' military departments into a single office and a bill that raised all taxes in the Federation in order to pay for the costs of the coming conflict. A bill that proposed to restart the former Selective Service System and introduce conscription proved too contentious, and after several attempts it was temporarily abandoned, to be revisited in the next legislative session.

War plans began to be drawn up, for now emphasising mobilising the PCFDF and focusing on defending the Federation's territorial integrity and aiding the resistance forces that still remained somewhat strong on the California-Oregon border. The Kingsley Fields Air National Guard Base was ordered to begin air reconaissance missions over northern California, to gather intelligence on the situation between the Californian resistance forces and the fascist army. The naval forces of the Puget Sound were to mobilise and await further instructions. The government would also call a press conference to officially announce the changes, and send envoys to Canada and any neighbouring former US states to appeal for help in its stand against the fascists that had taken over California.

After the meeting was adjourned, Inslee approached Commander Terrance LaRue of the Washington State Guard. "Commander LaRue, how long do you think the mobilisation will take?", he asked with a note of concern.

"Sir, we'll do the best we can", LaRue replied, "but you understand that the logistics involved in this are rather challenging. I would say mobilising alone would take a few days, but moving all our forces to the border with California afterwards will probably be slightly less challenging."

"Thank you, Commander."

Inslee then left to catch up with Kitzhaber and Brown again. "John", he said, "can I ask you an honest question?"

"Of course, Jay."

"Do you think we have a chance of actually winning here, or did we just doom ourselves to fascist occupation?"

An uncomfortable, crushing silence took over the conversation.

5 July 2013
Boise, Idaho (8:00 PM MST)

Greg Walden exited the Boise State Capitol, sighed and took out his mobile phone, dialling a specific number.

A voice picked up on the other end of the line, inaudible to anybody but Walden.

"Yeah, hello, John, it's me, Greg Walden.", Walden said. "I've just finished preliminary talks with the Governor of Idaho."

"No, no, I'm sorry to say this, but... it didn't work out."

"I mean the part about them joining the Pacific Coast Federation. That's not going to happen."

"I know, I know, it sounds disappointing, but the good news is, I at least managed to bargain them down to officially supporting our upcoming, uh, 'liberation war' with the Californian dictatorship."

"Well, that is a sneaky way of wording it, so I think we'll have to consider the possibility that we won't get any actual help from the Idahoans."

"It's a shame, yes, it is. Do you have anything else you want me to do in Boise?"

"I see. I hope the others will have more luck than I did. Well then, I'll see you soon."

Walden turned off his phone, and left to catch a taxi.

5 July 2013
Portland International Airport (later in the evening)

Two further hastily appointed Pacifican diplomatic representatives caught planes for Ottawa and Austin, respectively.
Last edited by Zaras on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
Bythyrona wrote:
Zaras wrote:Democratic People's Republic of Glorious Misty Mountain Hop.
The bat in the middle commemmorates their crushing victory in the bloody Battle of Evermore, where the Communists were saved at the last minute by General "Black Dog" Bonham of the Rock 'n Roll Brigade detonating a levee armed with only four sticks and flooding the enemy encampment. He later retired with honours and went to live in California for the rest of his life before ascending to heaven.

Best post I've seen on NS since I've been here. :clap:
Factbook
RP 1, RP 2, RP 3, RP 4, RP 5
ADS, UDL, GFN member
Political compass (old), Political compass (new)
Bottle, telling it like it is.
Risottia, on lolbertarianism.

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:19 am

July 5th
Portland, Maine - Free Republic of New England

It was impossible to comprehend how much the lives of the New Englanders had changed, possibly forever, in the last few months. Within days of Barack Obama's re-election, citizens of New Hampshire declared they were seceding and establishing the Free State of New Hampshire, among the first fledgling states. By January, amid confusion, secession movements in Maine and Vermont seemed to share identical aims, and the two states broke away in February. Negotiations with the governor of New Hampshire, Carla Gericke, saw the three new republics merging as the "Free Republic of New England" on March 12th. Major cities in all 3 states put forward bids for capital of the new Republic, but in the end Portland, Maine, was chosen as national capital. The nation, however, lacked a president. Gericke headed the administrative team that filled the void, but the only consensus reached by the people of New England was that they did not want their governors or Congressmen elected. As dozens of candidates campaigned viciously, the citizens of this new state hoped there were no opportunistic nations forming which would see the Free Republic as an easy target.

EDIT: Completely redrafted bits of this. Good thing it messes up nothing as yet. :?
Last edited by Maltropia on Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

Icamera
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 21, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Icamera » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:19 am

Washington, Atlantica
July 5, 2013, 9:47 a.m. EST

Sean Lemmic walked across the blue carpet, pausing for a moment to gaze at the outdated ensignia beneath his left shoe. Or perhaps not so outdated, Lemmic thought to himself. The arrows and the olive branch. Whether war is afoot or peace dominates the thoughts of the populace, an eternal conflict between the two forces -- war and peace -- remains constant.

Now, more than ever, the balance would likely undergo some of its greatest trials. If human nature was to be relied upon, war would win out, but Lemmic maintained a fragile and idealistic hope that an era of uninterrupted peace would follow the chaos which had been so rampant after news of the vote-rigging had spread. It was, after all, only fair that the continent remain free of fear, if only for a short period of time.

The truth of the matter, however, was that the symbol on the floor was outdated. The United States of America was no more, and it would soon be replaced with the emblem of Atlantica. Not "The Free Republic of Atlantica" -- while the other newly-formed nations on Lemmic's list may have felt it necessary to keep their full titles, his people did not need a pretitle to assure them of their liberty and the democracy of their new country -- merely "Atlantica". No longer would the Oval Office be considered the working place of the American head of state, but that of the President of Atlantica.
Senator of The Allied Republics
ICK-uh-MARE-uh (It's an anagram of America, not an Apple product)
(See here for all)
Rynatia wrote:If I asked you to sleep with me would you answer with the same answer to this question?

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:24 pm

bump
My most favoritest picture ever | Sports Achievements | Poltical Test... just as I suspected
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:13 pm

Austin, New Republic of Texas
July 6th, 2013 8:30 a.m. (CST)

John Houston sat in his chair, looking outside. He enjoyed these quiet moments to himself, away from the squabble of politics. He then stared at the map of the former United States, now broken up, and groups of states become their own sovereign nation. The New Republic of Texas being one of the biggest, in terms of size and military strength.

He chuckled to himself, 6 months ago he was the governor of Texas, the thought of become President never came across his mind. He preferred looking after his whole state, then the entire country. But that all changed when President Obama was removed from office, then the secession of states. Though not exactly the first state to secede, Texas was one of the earliest, renaming itself, The New Republic of Texas, after the first Republic, back in 1836. He also found it funny that he shares the same last name as the first President of the first Republic, President Houston, a very weird coincidence. Soon after establishing itself as its own nation, Oklahoma and New Mexico, seceded, in an act of goodwill President Houston offered them a chance to become part of the Republic, they would keep their governors in place, as other former states were doing the same. Both agreed, and were absorbed into the Republic, soon afterwards.

John stared at the map for a few more seconds, then came a knock on the door, one of his aides, poked his head through the door, "Mr. President, a Representative from Pacific Coast Federation is here, should I let him in?" "Go ahead." He sighs "..And the day begins." He thought to himself.
Last edited by Tarnen on Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

New Belhavia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby New Belhavia » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:56 pm

5 July 2013, 2:01pm (EST)
Mayor's Office,
(Former) New York City Hall,
New York City,
The new Empire of New Belhavia

The former governor of New Jersey sat casually in his leather armchair and glazed out of the office window into the New York City skyline. Ryan Adrian took this time to mull over the current state of affairs both here and throughout the former United States. Adrian was a tall, somewhat lanky man of 42 years. He had combed off brown hair, piercing green eyes, and an angular face. Most considered him handsome. His oratory skills and chrisma - and ambitions - were well-known.

Adrian was the Republican former governor of New Jersey - and now the new, titled monarch of the Mid-Atlantic. A military helicopter passed by the window, disrupting his absent-minded gazing at the Hudson River. He smirked, reveling in the abrupt change. 237 years of union...suddenly torn apart in rapid fashion; almost another Yugoslavia, post-communism.

He recalled the immediate chaos in the aftermath of Chief Justice John Roberts' statement...Federal agents seizing the White House and arresting Obama...state Democratic leaders in New Jersey were outraged, but the lawlessness and disorder allowed Adrian to declare martial law and shut down the state. Soon afterward, whole collections of US states seceded and formed their own, new independent nations...New Republic of Texas, Atlantica, Republic of New England, the Pacific Coast Federation, and so on...

The wholesale disunion of the United States saw the rise of new military warlords - and he saw an opportunity. Monarchy had returned to these shores - well, in a limited fashion, at any rate. Consolidating the New Jersey National Guard, State Police, and the various conservative militias and paramilitaries under one banner - his, of course - as the he declared himself the Emperor of New Belhavia - named after the small New Jersey town he grew up in - and seized all the major assets in New Jersey with his new, centralized Imperial Army. His men secured the twenty-one county seats of government. They also took control of key infrastructure: important bridges, military facilities, airports, junctions on the Garden State Highway, the U.S. Coast Guard base in Cape May, and all county Sheriff’s Office command barracks.

The state Democratic political class fled across the border to Pennsylvania, solidifying his new realm. Not content, he turned his eyes north and south simultaneously. Republicans in Delaware and New York clammered for his aid, and using his new Imperial forces - helped by local, conservative militias and paramilitary auxiliaries - he launched assaults into Delaware and New York State. National Guard and State Police units loyal to still-ruling Democratic Governor Jack Markell resisted around Newark and Wilmington - but to no end. By the time his main army column reached the former state capital at Dover, the state government appartuses were in the hands of his local Republican and conservative allies. Markell and his Democratic supporters fled into Maryland.

New York State...proved more difficult. Mayor Michael Bloomberg had declared Manhattan as a Corporate Republic under the control of his Wall Street titan friends. He and the solidly Republican Staten Island welcomed his forces with open arms. Andrew Cuomo and Democratic-loyal National Guardsmen held out in certain neighborhoods in the Bronx, Queens, and Brooklyn. North of the city, conservative militias seized upstate New York and marched south to join Adrian's cross-city frontlines. The fighting continues...

He smirked. All of Delaware and most of New Jersey and New York was in his hands...yet resistance held out. The ethnic minority neighborhoods in the convergence of Brooklyn and Queen repulsed any attack his Imperial Army launched. Major cities in both states - Camden, Paterson, Newark - in New Jersey and Albany, Buffalo, Rochester - and parts of New York City, of course - in New York continued to hold out from his control. Soon that would change...

There was a knock on the door and Ian Settas glanced in. "Excellency, I have important news on Andrew Cuomo."
Adrian nodded and gestured for him to enter. Ian Settas was a top aide of Adrian's since his first gubernatorial campaign. Just 37 years old, also good looking and from a wealthy family, Settas was a political genius, winning Adrian election after election and always remaining loyally at his side.
Settas marched smartly up to the desk and bowed his head slighly in respect. "The 3rd Infantry Regiment caught former Governor Cuomo attempting to enter Staten Island. He requests an audience with you and President Bloomberg about his future..."
He mulled it over in his head. Cuomo inquiring...about his future? Was he willing to defect to my side?
Adrian's sharp eyes darted back to Settas. "Provide our esteemed guest the Governor with sleeping quarters. Schedule an audience tomorrow morning. Have Bloomberg, Christie, Skelos, D'Amato, and the others present to hear this."
"Yes, Your Majesty." Settas clipped his heels together and did a perfect military about-face and left the room. The new Emperor took a moment to study the room...Mike Bloomberg's former mayoral office. Spacious, tastefully decorated. Alas, it was only his temporary headquarters. A new Imperial Palace was to be built...
It seems he was to buy a break in the resistance after all. If Cuomo joined his banner, then the rest of the Democratic holdouts would crumble soon enough...
Last edited by New Belhavia on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Empire of Belhavia
National Factbook (IIwiki): Imperial Leadership - Imperial Armed Forces - Foreign Relations - News

[01:56] <NB> Moral of the story: Don't f*** with the NB political machine. We f***in' hustle for our votes...
"My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own...my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny." - Elaine Maxwell
"The historical debate is over. Free market capitalism is the answer." - Thomas Friedman

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:23 am

6 July 2013
Olympia, Washington (7:05 AM PST)

It was more or less acknowledged that having the entire government and legislative meet in a tiny city with facillities that weren't designed to accommodate so many people, symbolic value aside, hadn't been a good idea. Since the Federation still hadn't officially designated a capital, it had been unofficially agreed that the government would rotate its official meetings between the two ex-state capitals, to not give the impression of favouritism. Today it was Olympia's turn to host. Accordingly, Jay Inslee, John Kitzhaber and the other Washington and Oregon public officials they'd press-ganged into serving as the provisional Pacific Coast cabinet were meeting in the Washington State Capitol in Olympia, to prepare for the joint government-legislative session that would start in the afternoon.

Inslee had just finished talking on the phone with Greg Walden again. A cloud seemed to hang over the meeting.

"Well?", asked John Kitzhaber.

Inslee frowned. "We're really not going to get any help from Idaho.", he said dejectedly.

"Why?", asked former Washington State Secretary Sam Reed. He wasn't attending the meeting in any official capacity, largely because one of the goals of the meeting was to try and settle on a less chaotic organisation of the new state government, instead of just keeping the United States-era elected officials for the sake of some degree of continuity and stability.

"Some state called 'Murnia' just appeared next to us, made up of Idaho and Utah." Inslee chuckled a bit. "Funny thing, the Murnians apparently wanted to take over Alaska as well, though how they wanted to establish authority over a non-continguous state is a bit beyond me."

"Why are you saying they're not going to help us?", Kitzhaber said, more insistently.

"Simple. They're a theocracy."

"Are you sure that's a disadvantage? What kind of theocracy are we talking about here?", asked Oregon State Secretary Kate Brown.

"I don't know for sure... we don't have any ground-level information yet.", Inslee conceded. "Whichever kind it is, I don't think it'd make them eager to get involved in a war between fascists and godless Commies."

"We have to try though, we're not exactly facing an even fight."

"Should we send Greg Walden again?", Reed said. "I know it didn't work so well the first time, but he still at least managed to bargain the Idahoans down to 'officially supporting' us even though... let's face it, it's not like we could offer much in the way of incentive at the negotiation."

"Let's not make it look like we're demanding too much from Greg here.", Kitzhaber said. "We'll ask him about it, but not pressure him into doing it."

"We should probably look for additional delegates as well...", Brown said. "I don't think 'threat of fascist dictatorship' alone is going to bring other people on our side. We haven't heard back from the Texans yet, after all..."

Inslee scribbled something on his notepad. "Pencil that in for after the meeting, and everybody help out with brainstorming. How's that sound?"

"We'll go with that.", Kitzhaber said. "Next order of business... mobilisation. Jay, how's progress in Washington?"

"As good as we could manage in an all-nighter", Jay said as he pulled out a map of military installations in Washington. "The naval facilities in Puget Sound were the most problematic", he said while pointing on the map. "Our... navy, as it were, is now, uhm, 'officially' mobilised, but just barely. I think it'll take at least until tomorrow to get it to an acceptable combat readiness..."

"I'm sorry to have to impose on you like this, Jay, but you know your state had the more naval facilities."

"Thanks, John, and don't worry, I understand what's at stake. We've had to disrupt quite a few services at airports to get our forces transported to what I guess now constitutes 'the front' as soon as possible, and we're still not done yet, but progress is going steadily. I'd estimate we've managed to transfer at least a third of all the Washingtonian airborne units to air force stations in Oregon, and that includes the entire Air National Guard. Ground forces are still being airlifted right now, though so far we've focused on moving the former US Army units ahead of the National Guard units. We're still fucking outnumbered, but I think we might be able to rely on geography for defense. John?"

"Thank you, Jay.", Kitzhaber said as he pulled out his own map of military facilities in Oregon. "We've also had problems with mobilisation and transport, mostly because nobody had actually had the foresight to consider that headquartering most of our ground forces closer to the Washington border might not be a good idea."

"Did the US Army really think Oregon was going to be invaded by Washington or something?", Inslee joked.

"Yes, we felt threatened.", Brown added.

"I guess they just thought that it can't happen here", Kitzhaber said, "and I have to admit it, it didn't cross my mind either. But oh well, we have to handle what we've been dealt. When the declaration of war and mobilisation order came out, we at first focused on rushing the Army National Guard south. Now we have the 41st Brigade, 186th Regiment, 162nd Regiment, all infantry, and 82nd Cavalry Regiment posted in the South. As far as air forces go, they're not at 100% combat readiness yet, but they'll not exactly be caught helpless. We might have an issue, though."

"What's that?", Inslee said.

"With moving all the air forces from Washington so that they're closer to the border, our air bases are starting to get a bit strained. We might have to reopen some closed facilities."

"Details, details. How was the reconaissance mission?"

"We lucked out with Northern California: it hasn't been entirely subdued yet. We've detected pockets of resistance of varying strength that so far have managed to hold back the fascist forces, though the situation is a bit confusing because there seems to be no centralised command. We're dealing with overlapping paramilitary and resistance forces there, so we should at least hold back on airstrikes until we can make a map of all the positions."

"Talk about luck. Who knows, we might actually have a chance on this. So... we need to appoint somebody to be in charge of Defense."

"Yes, which just so happens to be our next order of business..."

6 July 2013
Austin, Texas (6:30 AM PST)

I really would've appreciated more time to prepare, but I guess that was impossible...

"President Houston will see you now, Mr. Wyden."

"Thank you."

The Pacific Coast leadership didn't exactly know many details on the Republic of Texas, so they thought they were erring on the side of caution by sending former Oregonian Senator Ron Wyden to handle negotiations instead of his more progressive colleague. Wyden had actually been flown to Austin the previous evening, but his flight had been constantly delayed due to the chaotic situation in the former United States, and by the time he'd actually landed and found accommodation, there wasn't enough time left to sleep properly, forcing him to sleep for only four hours and then down coffee to try and hide his exhaustion. But he knew he had a job to do, a job that could mean the difference between democracy and fascism.

Wyden walked into Houston's room, and paused in front of the doorway. "It's an honour to meet you, Mister President. I'm Ron Wyden, temporary representative for the Pacific Coast Federation.", he said.

Wyden hoped that Houston hadn't somehow decided that his office needed a more extravagant style than the old US Presidency and he hadn't been told.
Bythyrona wrote:
The bat in the middle commemmorates their crushing victory in the bloody Battle of Evermore, where the Communists were saved at the last minute by General "Black Dog" Bonham of the Rock 'n Roll Brigade detonating a levee armed with only four sticks and flooding the enemy encampment. He later retired with honours and went to live in California for the rest of his life before ascending to heaven.

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:41 am

Pres. Dalrymple found a document upon his desk when he came in that morning. He sat down in his chair and leafed through its contents. War already? he thought to himself. Apparently The Pacific Coast Federation was itching to start a fight with the Californians. He thought about this for a moment before calling in his secretary.

The woman walked into the room with a smile, "What can I do for you Mr. President?"

He looked back with a serious expression, "Please send in Sen. Hoeven."

"Yes, Mr. President."

Sen. Hoeven strode into the room and took a seat across from the new President. Jack began to inform Hoeven of the situation, "Washington and Oregon have already declared war upon the Californians. I don't like fascists too much so you need to head out to the PCF and get enough info so we can decide a course of action. Is that clear?"

"Yes, sir."

Hoeven quickly walked out of the room to pack his belongings. After his flight to Olympia, he called the PCF government to arrange a meeting date.
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:05 pm

Austin, NRT
July 6, 2013 8:32 a.m. (CST)

The current office of the President, was the old Governor's office, back when Texas was a state. President Houston felt the office would suffice as the President office as well, the room wasn't large, but large enough to fit 5 or 6 people with feeling crowded. Larger crowds would meet in the Presidential Conference room next door, which his aides wanted as the new office, but Houston just said " Don't fix it, if it ain't broke."

"Please take a seat, sorry for the early morning rise, but I am busy, and this was the only time I could fit you in. And I take it you are requesting our assistance against your war on the FSC."
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

New Belhavia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Belhavia » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:17 pm

6 July 2013,
10:07 am (EST),
New York City, New Belhavia
(Former) New York Police Department HQ, current Imperial Army HQ

Emperor Adrian watched as his generals studied maps and debated combat strategy. They were in what the NYPD called its "CenOps" - Central Operations - Center. A modern, gray-colored rectangular room, it had a large table in the center which displayed a detailed street-by-street map of New York City. Currently, his Army generals were crowded around it, arguing over strategy in the newest offensive in Brooklyn. Computer screens and heavy communication radios were set up at desks lining the wall of the room, with trained military operators seated at each to give real-time information and relay orders back to the field.
"No, John, the rebel Brooklyn command is holed up here at the 15th on Mott Street," General Jan Argan, one of his leading Imperial commanders and a former New Jersey State Police deputy Commandant, gesturing emphatically at a map of mid-Brooklyn. General John Budd, a former New York State National Guard Major, shook his head angrily.
"Jan, that's a feint." His right hand curled into a fist and he slammed it down on the table."These bastards tried that last week on 33rd Street. We lost nearly a whole company in that fiasco. They're trying to draw our infantry in. I say we zero in artillery and bomb it out of existence."
"His Excellency wants the NYPD 15th precinct building intact and repairable - not blown to oblivion. I say we sent Welch's 11th Armored in and - "
"Enough." Adrian cut through the bickering with a single command. "I agree with General Budd - use artillery to destroy the rebel regional command and we'll worry about reconstruction after the city's fully in my control."
Budd nodded in gratitude and Argan gritted his teeth and turned to talk with a radio operator.
"General, Captain Van Gerst reports his advance squads are under attack on 45th Street and Tomblin Avenue." A radio operator called out from the far wall.
"Dispatch Apache helicopter support immediately." James Wilkinson, Adrian's Supreme Commander of the Imperial Forces, barked out, "Have the 4th Rifles reinforce their position."
"Yes, General."
"Excellency?" A quieter voice called out from the doorway that led out of CenOps. Adrian turned and saw Sam Karr, one of his top former gubernatorial aides, glance into the room.
"Yes, Sam?" the Emperor sighed and turned toward him.
"Governor Cuomo is in your office, along with all important Imperial officials you requested to be present."
The former New Jersey governor nodded and turned, following Karr from the room. Two well-armed Imperial Guards - his former State Police bodyguards in their new, imposing dark-blue uniforms with white trim - dropped in step behind him and flanked him.

10:34am, New York City Hall, Mayor's Suite

Ryan Adrian strolled into his office and stopped casually as the others looked up and quieted to hear what he had to say. Tall, broad-boned Cuomo stood in front of his ornate, imported oak desk, two Imperial Guards flanking him and each gripping one of the former governor's arms tightly. He looked pale and uncomfortable.
The rest of the office contained Adrian's Imperial retinue, a crowd of who's who Republicans from the tri-state empire. Tall, balding George Pataki, former three-term New York governor, similarly-looking Mike Bloomberg, the former three-term mayor and now "President" of Adrian's puppet state in Manhattan - the so-called Corporate Republic of Manhattan - large, blunt-spoken Chris Christie, Adrian's predecessor and a key ally and advisor, silver-haired Dean Skelos, the former NYS Senate Majority Leader, young Tom Kean Jr, Skelo's counterpart in the New Jersey Senate, Al D'Amato, the former US Senator, and Charles Copeland, the failed 2008 Delaware Lt. Governor nominee and leading political figure from that state.
"Please, gentlemen, let's begin." Adrian started, flashing Cuomo a thin-lipped smile. The assembled politicians took seats in leather armchairs around the room, and Adrian took his own chair behind his desk. He waved at the guards, who released Cuomo and took a step back and stood at parade-rest. Cuomo rubbed his left arm and looked intently at the self-declared American Emperor.
"Well?" Adrian said smugly, gesturing casually at the deposed leader of New York. "You asked to see me, Governor Cuomo?"
The Democratic scion sighed.
"Yes, I did. I, uh - well, what do I address you as? I assume 'Governor' is out of fashion?"
" 'Your Majesty', 'Your Excellency', or 'my lord' will do." Adrian curtly retorted.
"Yes, Your Excellency. I realize that resistance to your inevitable rule over New York is...futile. We have worked together when we were just governors, although we were from different parties...We have alot of common ground, especially on policy and governance style. I...I would like to join your government, personnally apologize for my part in the ongoing resistance...and be pardoned for my actions."
Adrian let the room fall quiet. His gaze turned toward the visible city skyline.
"How would I be able to trust you? If you indeed wish to serve me, you must realize you can never falter. Any hint of disloyalty, and you forfeit your life. What say you, Governor?"
Cuomo stared at the Emperor as if he were a ghoul of the night.
"I accept any conditions of my new allegiance. I will provide any and all information and intelligence on the resistance to your...inevitable rule."
"Excellent....gentlemen," Adrian turned his gaze toward the other occupants of the room, "Let us officially welcome Andrew Cuomo into our ranks."

12:31pm

After the handshaking and private conservations that commenced with Cuomo's pledge of loyalty, Adrian had the room cleared except for Christie, D'Amato, and Pataki.
"...and so we've had border skirmishes around Vermont. I want a delegate sent to this 'Free Republic of New England' to settle this matter and normalize relations. Pataki, I think you're up to this."
Pataki nodded solemnly.
"You are our elder statesman. Have the Imperial Foreign Ministry arrange for your visit to establish a relationship with our northeast neighbor." the Emperor decreed.
"At once, Majesty." With that, Pataki bowed and left the room.
"A wise choice, Excellency." Christie cut in, "George has alot of respect from the old political establishment throughout the Northeast. He can strike up good relationships with whoever's in power over there."
"Agreed, Chris." D'Amato chimed in.
There was a knock on the room, and tall, grizzled David Gavin, head of Imperial Intelligence, briskly entered, a piece of paper gripped tightly in his right hand.
"Excellency," he started without pleasantries, marching up smartly in front of Adrian's desk. "I have news from our agents out West. The PCF - the Pacific Coast Federation - has declared war on the new fascist Californian government. My man in the PCF provisional government insists deposed Democratic Gov. Jerry Brown was the one behind this new conflict."
Adrian rolled his eyes. "War seems to be inevitable these days. Chris, Al: opinions?"
Christie snorted. "Well, Mr. Mussolini of the West out there reached out to us a few weeks back - but what can he offer us? Why should we care who's ruling the West Coast? I suggest we focus on defeating these rebel hold-outs within our own borders."
D'Amato shook his head. "No, I actually disagree Chris - no offense, of course. We need allies. That's a fact. Plus, the PCF is a bunch of hippy socialist Democrats. Ridding the world of those types of scum should be our priority.
"Now, don't mistake me - I don't have much confidence in those California brownshirts to actually be effective friends, but I think its our best play."
"Al's right." Adrian mused. "I'd take fascists as allies over borderline socialist hippies any day. Director," he turned toward Gavin,"I will reach out to the Californian dictator personnally. What was his name again? James Moslan? James Mosley? Regardless, I want our agents to start disrupting the PCF's plans and to aid the fascists immediately. The PCF's war effort must falter."
"At once, Majesty."
Last edited by New Belhavia on Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Empire of Belhavia
National Factbook (IIwiki): Imperial Leadership - Imperial Armed Forces - Foreign Relations - News

[01:56] <NB> Moral of the story: Don't f*** with the NB political machine. We f***in' hustle for our votes...
"My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own...my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny." - Elaine Maxwell
"The historical debate is over. Free market capitalism is the answer." - Thomas Friedman

Maltropia
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 19, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maltropia » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:08 pm

July 7th
Portland, Maine - Free Republic of New England

The Free Republic was not a stable nation. Secession had been controversial at the time it happened, and now it had further devolved into individual families vying for independence. Even Dover, New Hampshire had briefly called itself a nation, and Lebanon in Maine threatened to parallel Lebanon in the Mediterranean. New England's army consisted of a 100,000 men, more than enough to quell the dissenting voices, but far too few to stave off an attempt by Massachusetts or New York - New "Belhavia", they called themselves. Either of those neighbours outnumbered the FRNE at least 3 to 1 - for New Belhavia, it was seven times. It would be nigh on impossible to repel an attempt on New England's sovereignty, and with rebels in Vermont attempting to break away with as much of New York as they could claim.

Now the Belhavians had sent a representative - George Pataki, no less - to demand an end to the border disputes. Or at least, Carla Gericke assume it would be a demand. While Pataki was well-respected, he was representing an empire and monarchy seven times larger than New England. It would not do to be stubborn.

"Send in Mr. Pataki, please," Gericke called to her secretary. Time to be careful.
Ɛ> Maltropia + Tiami 4ever <3
[17:46] <bc> MY ENTHUSIASM EFFECTS MY SPELLING || [19:25] <minn> srsly is maltropia the only one with a brain here :|
Call me Mal(t). Reduce risk of carpal tunnel syndrome!
GE&T:Maritime Imperial Shipwrights | T-O Cartographic
II:Amistad, EATC signatory | PRV founder | CFDS, FIR, ECU member
F&NI:IIwiki | Factbook | Embassy program
WA:Represented by Ambassador Seán Lemass

I used to be a Roleplay Mentor and still love to help people. Find me on Discord and I'll help if I can.

New Belhavia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Belhavia » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:28 pm

7 July 2013
Portland, New England

George Pataki waited patiently in the anteroom of President Gerlicke's office. A tall, older man of 67 years, he had a balding forehead but a cheerful, almost grandfatherly, demeanor. The successful former three-term governor of New York, he had flocked to Ryan Adrian's banner when the self-styled "American Emperor" invaded New York to depose Andrew Cuomo and add to his growing empire across the Mid-Atlantic.

Esteemed as an elder statesmen and well-regarded by the political establishment from both parties throughout New England, Adrian had dispatched the former governor to Portland, formerly of Maine, and now the capital of the fledgling Free Republic of New England. There would be an end to the border skirmishes, one way or another. Pataki was, after all, a successful politician. His emperor demanded success...and Pataki would see that he got it. But time to try on affability. Decent people could be reasoned with so much easier without the threat of force...

Gerlicke's secretary gently put down the phone and looked politely at the New Belhavian envoy.
"Special Envoy Pataki?" She asked with that air of ameniable professionalism.
"Yes, my dear?" He replied casually with a nod of the head.
"Madam President Gerlicke will see you now." He stood up from his chair and walked in a relaxed manner to the office door. Opening it, he stepped in and saw President Carla Gerlicke sitting calmly behind her desk, a small smile on her lips.

He recalled Gerlicke - she had been elected governor of New Hampshire the same year he retired from the New York governorship. She was talked about at the time in the highest circles as a rising star. He smiled cheerfully and stepped up to her desk.
"Madam President, I am George Pataki, Special Envoy from His Majesty, Emperor Ryan Adrian I of the New Belhavian Empire..."
Last edited by New Belhavia on Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Empire of Belhavia

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:50 am

6 July 2013
Austin, Texas (6:32 AM PST)

Wyden walked closer. "Mr. President, I completely understand the scheduling. I see you're a person who likes to get right to business, so I'll just be upfront: yes, I was sent by the government to ask if we could obtain your assistance in the war against the Fascist Californian State. I realise that this may be an overly demanding request, so we can negotiate exactly which kind of assistance you feel is best for your state to provide."

A short beat ensued, before Wyden rushed to add in another sentence, thinking he'd sounded too imposing. "Of course, if you feel that this request is putting you in a disadvantageous position, you can declare that, and I'll be on my way and leave you to your business..."

6 July 2013
Boise, Idaho (8:00 AM PST)

Greg Walden once again stood in front of the Boise State Capitol, wondering to himself if this time he'd have more luck than before, considering that a new state was in place. He kept weighing the factors involved and questioning the idea of getting a theocratic oligarchy to fight on their side as he entered the building and went to the nearest help desk.

"Yes, hello, can I help you?"

"Hello, I'm Greg Walden, representative for the Pacific Coast Federation. I'm here for the hastily arranged diplomatic meeting, can you please tell me where it's taking place?"

6 July 2013
Olympia, Washington (10:00 AM PST)

It had been a long but reasonably successful meeting, and now Kitzhaber and Inslee remained alone to meet with the Great Plains Republic representative before the afternoon's joint government-legislative meeting. Kitzhaber silently dreaded the prospect of once again trying to deliberate a bill to introduce conscription, so he hadn't been paying attention to what Inslee was talking about on the phone.

Inslee hung up, and then turned towards Kitzhaber. "John?"

"Hnyes?", Kitzhaber said, snapping back to reality. "Any news?"

"Well, the PCFDF mobilisation and deployment is still going steadily, our forces that are already near the border have begun to build some fortifications, and we haven't had any attacks or skirmishes from Californians yet. I understand Commander LaRue is preparing plans to evacuate residents of Medford, Ashland and the area surrounding Klamath Falls in preparation for hostilities."

"LaRue's got the right idea, but I don't know how the logistics of that will work out. We've already evacuated Brookings, Kerby and Lakeview, and shut down all highways leading to California in addition, but those are a whole different ballgame, you see. Kerby was a ghost town for starters, and a lot of time was spent trying to properly register the people in Brookings and Lakeview so we can keep track of them as IDPs. It's not gonna be as easy when we're dealing with Medford-Ashland and Klamath Falls."

"Yes, the Commander did mention some worries about the highways..."

"He's talking about US 97, I gather", Kitzhaber interrupted. "I don't blame him, so far the border is more or less a terra nullius, but we have to move and secure everything leading up to the border, and he did mention to me that he's concerned that sending forces to occupy the high ground on the Dalles-California Highway would leave them open to attack. But I think he understands that it's a risk we have to take, Jay. We can't cede geographical advantages."

"Commander LaRue did also mention something... troubling... coming from reconaissance."

"And that is?"

"We're dealing with a large patch of nazi paramilitaries on the Californian side of the border, calling themselves something like 'the North-West Front'. Seems we'll have to fight our way to link up with the anti-fascist rebels."

"Complications...", Kitzhaber sighed. "Our forces are still on defense for now, but Commander LaRue will inform us when the next reconaissance mission is over. Then we'll look over what he's found. I have a feeling these Nazis aren't exactly an organised force yet, so we need to hit them quickly. Wrongfoot them before they become an actual threat. I think we should start with a show of strength by having our air force bomb nearby military targets, just to send a sig-"

An aide knocked on the door and walked in. "Governors? Senator John Hoeven is here for his meeting."

"Please let him in", Inslee replied. The aide nodded in acknowledgement, and then walked out.

"I really hope he isn't here to declare war against us...", Kitzhaber joked bitterly.
Bythyrona wrote:

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Salutem
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Salutem » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:50 am

July 7th, 2013
Phoenix, Republic of Arizona

Jeremy Smith looked out the window at the troops in front of his building. Some wore the ACU uniforms of the Old Republic, but most were wearing the new uniform of the Republic of Arizona. It was a simple Desert Tiger Stripe pattern with tan vests and gear but it distinguished them from the other states. However, the refit was sill in progress, which explained why some of his men still wore the ACU uniforms.

While the uniforms had changed, the weapons remained the same. After searching the multiple Armories across the state, and taking care of any soldier who was against the New Republic, they had collected a mass assortment of Old Republic weaponry. From M4s and M9s to Javelin Missile Launchers. The Arizonan troops had also secured multiple squadrons of aircraft. All this was being spread across the state to the Old Republic bases that now housed Arizonan troops.

Jeremy turned around to face the door. Directly in front of him was his leather chair and mahogany desk. Bookcases lined either wall, filled with books that Jeremy needed and wanted. When he had free time, he would sit at the desk and read, all the while under the watchful eyes of members of his personal guard. All of the Guard wore grey uniforms with tan vests and gear. Their faces were always covered by a grey wrap and tinted goggles, topped off with their tan helmets.

Sighing, the new President smoothed his suit before sitting in his seat. Keying his intercom to his secretary, he said,

"Jennifer, send in my Foreign Affairs official please."

"Of course, Mr. President."

It wasn't long before a man dressed in a blue suit with a brown briefcase entered through the doors. The Guard didn't move their heads when he entered but as soon as he stepped up to the desk, the two pairs of eyes would be tracking him the entire way. The official wore the Airzonan flag on his lapel, as did Jeremy. Though, when Jeremy put on his suit, he could still see the holes on his other lapel where the American flag had been.

"Brian, how deep in shit are we?" Jeremy asked, while motioning for Brian to take a seat. The man did so, setting his briefcase on the ground.

"Well, Mr. President, to our West is the Fascist State of California, which controls California, Nevada, and Hawaii. To our North is New World Oceania, which controls Utah and Idaho. Our North-East, at the Four Corners, is the Free Nation of Kansas, which controls Colorado, Kansas, and Nebraska. To our East is the New Republic of Texas, controlling New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas and, as always, to our South is Mexico."

"And little us stuck in the middle," Jeremy added at the end, to which Brian nodded, "I'm guessing you have profiles on these nations?"

Brian nodded before opening his briefcase and pulling out four files, each with good mass, "Yes sir, here are the profiles of our new neighbors. I didn't think you'd need one of Mexico sir."

Jeremy shook his head, "No, I don't, thank you Brian."

Seeing that as his dismissal, Brian stood and shook Jeremy's hand before leaving the office. Running a hand down his face, Jeremy picked up the folder on the New Republic of Texas. Opening it, he began to read through the information there, asborbing it all like a sponge.
Last edited by Salutem on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Future-Tech
Salus omnia
Survival is everything

Auburn-Newcastle
Attaché

Founded: Jun 19, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Auburn-Newcastle » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:05 pm

Topeka, Kansas
General Gregory Denniston was the man who truly ran the Nation of Kansas not the Civilian "Congress" that most people thought ruled the Nation. Although they passed the laws the military approved them, they could open diplomatic missions with other nations but the military must approve it first. If the military wanted to invade a country they had to ask the Civilians first but this was just symbolic if the Military wanted to invade it would invade no matter what. It had taken some time to bring Colorado and Nebraska into the fold but the need for a common front was needed in this dark and uncertin time.

Otterica
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Otterica » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:31 pm

Boston, Massachusetts, FASMCR
7 July 2013
Connor Adams paced his office nervously. He still was not accustomed to what had happened over the past days. Hell, he was not accustomed to what happened in the last months. The nation had fallen. He was with his family, watching the news when it happened. The citizens of Massachusetts were told to stay calm. Nothing bad would happen, the state had said. They said it would be resolved in a few months. It never was.
"President Adams, the Councilman of Connecticut is here to see you."
President Adams! Just a few months ago, he was a scared citizen, now he was the president of a new nation, and hopefully a better nation. The Federal Alliance of the States of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island was formed to protect the states and to reform the government. And had been elected to run it.
"Send him in, Shirley."
Now, when the FASMCR was formed, they decided that there should be a change in the form of the republic. So that the new nation would not fail, they decided to vest the power of the president to four men. The President, and the Councilmen of the the three states formed the Council of FASMCR, to make decisions regarding important matters to the Alliance.
"Mr.President, we have been getting reports of two other nations, one to the west, the other to the north. What are you thoughts?"
"Councilman, we must make allies with them. War is not an option. Do you know where the capitol of these nations are?"
"The reports say New York City, and Portland, sir."
"Then, on your way out, get the command to start preparing a convoy to contact these two nations. Send the best ambassadors you can find, Councilman."
"That should work. Goodbye."
Two other nations in New England. Adams thought about what he could do with this. He knew that if they stood separated, they would fall. They must make an alliance with these nations. An Alliance of the North-East.

Vaugania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaugania » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:11 pm

Zaras wrote:6 July 2013
Austin, Texas (6:32 AM PST)

Wyden walked closer. "Mr. President, I completely understand the scheduling. I see you're a person who likes to get right to business, so I'll just be upfront: yes, I was sent by the government to ask if we could obtain your assistance in the war against the Fascist Californian State. I realise that this may be an overly demanding request, so we can negotiate exactly which kind of assistance you feel is best for your state to provide."

A short beat ensued, before Wyden rushed to add in another sentence, thinking he'd sounded too imposing. "Of course, if you feel that this request is putting you in a disadvantageous position, you can declare that, and I'll be on my way and leave you to your business..."

6 July 2013
Boise, Idaho (8:00 AM PST)

Greg Walden once again stood in front of the Boise State Capitol, wondering to himself if this time he'd have more luck than before, considering that a new state was in place. He kept weighing the factors involved and questioning the idea of getting a theocratic oligarchy to fight on their side as he entered the building and went to the nearest help desk.

"Yes, hello, can I help you?"

"Hello, I'm Greg Walden, representative for the Pacific Coast Federation. I'm here for the hastily arranged diplomatic meeting, can you please tell me where it's taking place?"

6 July 2013
Olympia, Washington (10:00 AM PST)

It had been a long but reasonably successful meeting, and now Kitzhaber and Inslee remained alone to meet with the Great Plains Republic representative before the afternoon's joint government-legislative meeting. Kitzhaber silently dreaded the prospect of once again trying to deliberate a bill to introduce conscription, so he hadn't been paying attention to what Inslee was talking about on the phone.

Inslee hung up, and then turned towards Kitzhaber. "John?"

"Hnyes?", Kitzhaber said, snapping back to reality. "Any news?"

"Well, the PCFDF mobilisation and deployment is still going steadily, our forces that are already near the border have begun to build some fortifications, and we haven't had any attacks or skirmishes from Californians yet. I understand Commander LaRue is preparing plans to evacuate residents of Medford, Ashland and the area surrounding Klamath Falls in preparation for hostilities."

"LaRue's got the right idea, but I don't know how the logistics of that will work out. We've already evacuated Brookings, Kerby and Lakeview, and shut down all highways leading to California in addition, but those are a whole different ballgame, you see. Kerby was a ghost town for starters, and a lot of time was spent trying to properly register the people in Brookings and Lakeview so we can keep track of them as IDPs. It's not gonna be as easy when we're dealing with Medford-Ashland and Klamath Falls."

"Yes, the Commander did mention some worries about the highways..."

"He's talking about US 97, I gather", Kitzhaber interrupted. "I don't blame him, so far the border is more or less a terra nullius, but we have to move and secure everything leading up to the border, and he did mention to me that he's concerned that sending forces to occupy the high ground on the Dalles-California Highway would leave them open to attack. But I think he understands that it's a risk we have to take, Jay. We can't cede geographical advantages."

"Commander LaRue did also mention something... troubling... coming from reconaissance."

"And that is?"

"We're dealing with a large patch of nazi paramilitaries on the Californian side of the border, calling themselves something like 'the North-West Front'. Seems we'll have to fight our way to link up with the anti-fascist rebels."

"Complications...", Kitzhaber sighed. "Our forces are still on defense for now, but Commander LaRue will inform us when the next reconaissance mission is over. Then we'll look over what he's found. I have a feeling these Nazis aren't exactly an organised force yet, so we need to hit them quickly. Wrongfoot them before they become an actual threat. I think we should start with a show of strength by having our air force bomb nearby military targets, just to send a sig-"

An aide knocked on the door and walked in. "Governors? Senator John Hoeven is here for his meeting."

"Please let him in", Inslee replied. The aide nodded in acknowledgement, and then walked out.

"I really hope he isn't here to declare war against us...", Kitzhaber joked bitterly.

Sen. Hoeven walked into the room and gave a simple greeting. He then proceeded to shake the hands of the two governors. A quick sigh was let out before he proceeded in speaking.

Hoeven straightened his tie and said, "First off, I'd like to thank the two of you for hearing me out today. But back to business. We are aware that you have declared war upon the Californians. We have some different political beliefs, but I don't like fascists and you clearly don't like fascists."

John knew he was getting ahead of himself. He took a moment to collect his thoughts once more before he began to speak again. "The point is, we'd like to help you out. We don't know how much we could help, but we'd like too. I'd like to use this time to figure some sort of deal out."
VAUGANIA
RUSHMORE FOREVER

Otterica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Otterica » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:01 pm

Somewhere on the road between NYC and Boston
8 July 2013 0900
Ambassador Matthews was sitting in the back of his car, on the way to NYC. Earlier, he had been told that he would be the Ambassador to this new nation, this Empire of New Belhavia. Matthews did not understand how a man became the monarch of New York. He hoped that this "Empire" would listen to reason and not attack the Alliance. It then started to rain.
"Ambassador! There's a signal for you!"
Matthews awoke with a start. "Where am I?" he muttered. Then he remembered. He was going to an Empire. He was an Ambassador.
"Ambassador! Come here, quick!"
He got out of the car, and ran to the front of the convoy. A guard showed him to the radio. Matthews could hear voices over the radio.
"This is a message from the Empire of New Belhavia to the Federal Alliance of the States of Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island. We know about your Ambassador. New York is currently too dangerous. Please make way to Adams, Massachusetts. This is a message.."
Everyone looked to Matthews.
"You heard the signal! Lets find a way to get to Adams."
Matthews walked back to his car.
"Dear Lord, please not let this be a trap," he prayed.
He then got into the car.

New Belhavia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby New Belhavia » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:55 pm

8 July 2013, 11am (EST)
Adams, Massachusetts, FASMCR
Hyatt Regency Hotel,
Front Courtyard

Bruce Blakeman worriedly paced the courtyard of the hotel, his mind preoccupied on whether the FASMCR representatives had received directions from the Imperial Army over the radio near the New York-Connecticut border to meet here. He looked around and shook his head in disgust. Adams, Massachusetts was a delapidated, one-horse town. Why the three regional powers decided to meet here was beyond him. He glanced over at the Imperial flag fluttered proudly in the wind; two units of equally-apprehensive guards - wearing their New Belhavian and FRNE - the 'Free Republic of New England' - colors, respectfully, watched each other from across the courtyard. His mind swirled back to how he got here...

Blakeman was a middle-aged, white-haired minor Republican functionary. In the 1990s, he had achieved some success as a politician in local New York county politics, but was defeated in his run for statewide office by the new millenium. His defeat saw him bounce from post to post as a political appointee of more successful men. After Emperor Adrian's invasion in March 2013 of New York, he quickly took the opportunity and sided with the newborn Imperials, landing a spot in the new administration. Calling in favors, he landed a position as a Special Envoy at Large for the new Imperial Foreign Ministry. The Foreign Minister called him in two days ago and described his mission to negiotate with the two New England powers into a normalized relationship with the Empire.

With his mission in hand, and a small military escort and support staff, his convoy headed for the Massachusetts/FASMCR border. The border guards there allowed them through and a small FRNE military unit joined them on their short drive to Adams. Their commander showed them to the Hyatt Regency hotel and stationed his men to stay as "an honor guard" as their diplomatic staff arrived from Portland to work with the Imperials. Unable to contact the FASMCR-ers, the Imperials broadcasted a message over the short-range radio for any FASMCR ambassadors to head to Adams and meet up with them. A cacophony of engines and wheels could be heard in the distance, catching Blakeman's attention. Both sets of uniformed soldiers in the courtyard tensed and looked around warily.

Around the next street, a convoy of vehicles appeared. A military jeep with three soldiers and a machine gun came first, followed by a bulky military troop transport and a black Mercedes sedan. The convoy pulled up to the front of the courtyard and stopped. Soldiers in what Blakeman assumed were FASMCR colors disembarked from the military truck and assembled into two columns besides the truck, a few feet from him. A black-suited bodyguard-type with earplugs and black aviator glasses stepped around and opened the back seat door of the sedan. A somewhat wily-looking man stepped out, glanced nervously around, and spotted Blakeman. Probably seeing as he was the only suited civilian in the courtyard, the seemingly-spooked man started toward him.
Sporting a worried diplomat smile, he cautiously stepped up to him.
"Are you the, uh, New Belhavian representative?"
Blakeman gave him a thin-lipped politician smile and put out his hand for a handshake. "I am Bruce Blakeman, Special Envoy of His Majesty, Emperor Ryan Adrian I, ruler of the Empire of New Belhavia. I am indeed the Imperial representative. And you are...?"
The man nearly grabbed his hand and shook it quickly. "Ambassador Jacob Matthews, representing the Federal Alliance of the States of Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island..."
Last edited by New Belhavia on Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Empire of Belhavia

Otterica
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Otterica » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:50 pm

Adams, Massachusetts, FASCMR
8 July 2013

Matthews looked at this man from New Belhavian. He supported a man being an Emperor? How could one do that? Anyways, Matthews was here to negotiate, not cause trouble.
"Now, Mr. Blakeman, have you set up some sort of meeting place where, we can, erhm, have a meeting?"
"Yes, Mr. Matthews, just follow me."
Matthews noticed Blakeman roll his eyes before he turned around. Yes, believe I am incompetent. It will work so much better for me. Matthews followed Blakeman to the conference room. He saw another representative already sitting down at the table. Blakeman directed him to a seat.
"Now, Mr. Matthews, I would assume all of us have the same motives here, correct?"
"If you are talking about peace, that would be correct. In fact, our President Connor Adams came up with a wonderful idea. An alliance of our three nations."
"Would you care to explain that further?"
Matthews sat straight in his chair, preparing to speak.
"President Adams believes it would be in the best interests of not only our nation, but of the Empire of New Belhavia and the Free Republic of New England to ally themselves. Together, we shall stand united, as our forefathers did. The main idea is that each nation sends a representative to a Council. And each nation gets one vote. Now, we can work out what matters the Council discusses, but the idea of this alliance is to bring peace to the North East. The North East Alliance, any questions?"

Zaras
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaras » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:10 am

6 July 2013
Olympia, Washington

"Thank you for your offer, Senator Hoeven. It's a great relief to know that we are united by a mutual revulsion towards fascism, and we are indeed eager to accept any help we can get.", Inslee said. "Now, I think we should acknowledge some facts before coming to a deal: we haven't actually commenced hostilities against the fascists yet - our forces are still stationed at the border in a defensive posture -, and you are in a better position than us because you do not directly border the FSC."

"The corollary of that", Kitzhaber added, "is that whatever help you can provide us with will have to rely on being transported by air between our two states. Unless you can somehow convince the Murnians that it would be in their best interests to allow free passage through their territory, and I'm not sure they're eager to throw their lot in with us and risk provoking a fascist state that, let's be realistic here, has several advantages in territory and size of military alone compared to us."

"Of course, Senator Hoeven, we don't want it to look like we're imposing too many demands on your state or some kind of unequal relationship. I believe all of us can agree that would be an amazingly counterproductive move, and would potentially doom us by scaring other states away from potential alliances. Whatever deal we reach in this meeting evidently needs to be one that is beneficial to both our countries and doesn't impose excessive disadvantages on either state in a lopsided manner."

"You'll have to excuse us for not being quite aware of the background from which you're suggesting a deal, though.", Kitzhaber said. "Intelligence has been quite stretched, you understand. I do apologise for this, but can we please ask beforehand what the Great Plains Republic's capabilities are, as it pertains to the conflict?" He took a document from the table and handed it to Hoeven. "These are our current capabilities and deployments, should you feel the information is necessary."

7 July 2013
Olympia, Washington

"I'm sorry, but the Governors are currently occupied.", Kate Brown said on the phone from another part of the Olympia State Capitol. "You'll have to relay the necessary information to me."

"Arizona's declared itself independent, you say." Brown glanced over at a map next to her, which had been hastily scribbled to reflect current allegiances. "I gather it's only Arizona since all the other nearby states were already taken."

"I understand. I'll send a diplomatic envoy as soon as possible."

"Yes, it's technically not under my purview, but the current situation isn't exactly conducive to smooth, orderly government functioning, you understand.

"Anyway, thank you for the information. I'll get right on it.", she said before hanging up.
Last edited by Zaras on Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Bythyrona wrote:

Factbook
ADS, UDL, GFN member

Salutem
Diplomat

Founded: May 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Salutem » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:25 am

July 8th, 2013
Phoenix, Republic of Arizona

Jeremy put down the last file, which was the one on the Fascist State of California. He began to massage his temples gently as he looked at the desk. "The hell did I get myself into?" he asked himself. Clicking the intercom, he said, "Jennifer, please send in Brian again."

"Of course Mr. President."

It wasn't long before the doors swung open the admit the Foreign Affairs official. This time he wore a black suit and was without his briefcase. Again, Jeremy motioned for him to sit in front of the desk. When Brian sat, he asked, "What can I do for you Mr. President?"

"Brian, I've read through the files you gave me. I would like you to send an envoy to the New Republic of Texas and to the Free Nation of Kansas. Try to negotiate some type of military alliance but, more importantly, get us some trade Brian. Arizona stands alone and we don't have the resources needed to survive," Jeremy explained.

Brian nodded but pointed at the Californian folder, "And the FSC? I've heard rumors that there's a war happening between the FSC and the Pacific Coast Federation, which controls Oregon and Washington."

Jeremy pinched the bridge of his nose briefly, "Don't worry about them for now. I'll send an extra battalion to the Western Border as a precaution and to control any spill-over from their fighting."

Brian nodded again. Standing, he shook Jeremy's hand before leaving the office. Before Jeremy could relax, his intercom buzzed,

"Mr. President, an envoy from the Pacific Coast Federation has arrived."

Speak of the Devil, Jeremy thought to himself before keying the intercom, "Send 'em in, Jennifer and tell Camp Navajo to send a battalion to the Western Border."

When the envoy had entered the new Presidential House, the old Governor's Hall, he would have been escorted by a member of the Guard, the Guardsman staying silent and keeping his hands on his weapon. Entering Jeremy's office, the envoy's escort would wait outside. The two Guardsman inside the office, flanking the door, would remain stationary as the envoy entered, but their eyes would be tracking him.

July 8th, 2013
Camp Navajo, Republic of Arizona

Lieutenant Daniels literally kicked down the door to her Platoon's barracks. Her platoon were one of the first that got the new uniforms and gear, the Arizona flag being sewn onto their right shoulder. She was in full gear, her M4 hanging from it's one-point sling and her M9 holstered at her thigh.

"Wake up lazy asses! The battalion's got new orders! We're going to the Western Border. Apparently, the Californians turned Fascist on us and are at war with the Washingtonians," she said loudly. One of the men was so startled, he rolled off his cot and hit the ground face first. The Platoon quickly began to gear up, having all been Old Republic soldiers who had been stationed at this very Camp.

"So are we going to war ma'am?" asked a young Private, having just joined the platoon at the Collapse of the Union.

Daniels shook her head, "From what I've heard, we're just going there as a buffer and to catch any fallout of the fighting should it seep through Californian borders."

"Damn," the Private muttered.

"So you want to go to war, William?" asked a female Corporal.

"Well I sure as hell didn't sign up to knit," William retorted while slipping his vest down over his head.

A Sergeant then spoke up, "I don't think any of us signed up for this. Fighting for the Republic of Arizona? Having to fight against fellow Americans? Some crazy shit."

Daniels nodded, "Yes it is, but we all agreed on it. We fight for Arizona now. So get your gear on and get to the Motor Pool, we're driving there." With that, Daniels left the barracks and began to head to the Motor Pool to await her platoon. She hoped that this was just a precaution that would turn out to be unneeded. Daniels really didn't want to have to fire on what were her fellow Americans.
Last edited by Salutem on Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Future-Tech
Salus omnia
Survival is everything

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse