NATION

PASSWORD

The Herald of Attograd (Vapor Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Pavlostani
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

The Herald of Attograd (Vapor Only)

Postby Pavlostani » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Undisclosed Location
The Forged Kingdom of Pavlostani
March 21, 1901

He was called the Teacher. Of course he had a real name, but in this capacity, he would only go by Teacher. He would sometimes reflect on the point of the moniker. All members of the Order of the Tengin used code names to ensure that their capture would not jeopardize other members of the organization. Of course, everybody in the Order that had interacted with Teacher had figured out his real name.

"You're late." A rasping voice whispered as Teacher entered his tent. Teacher winced at that. He was hoping his companion would be late as well. Pavlostani militia patrols had increased in the past few months, delaying meetings such as this. Teacher himself had something to do with that.

"Escaping my entourage was more difficult than anticipated, Cypher." Teacher replied. Cypher stood up. In the flowing white robes of the Order, such an action was visually stunning, to say the least.

"Perhaps you needed some time to warn your colleagues of our meeting?" Cypher raised an eyebrow. Teacher drew a revolver from beneath his own robes and cocked the hammer.

"Cypher. You are my master and have opened my eyes to the truths the Highking has hidden. But if you ever question my loyalty again, I will kill you where you stand." Teacher said quietly, a hint of danger creeping into his voice.

"Loyalty? You speak to me of loyalty having done nothing to prove it?" Cypher growled harshly.

"I have found the Herald of Attograd." Teacher announced. The two men stood quietly for a moment.

"Are you sure?" Cypher asked.

"Positive. We have traced his lineage to the early days. You should see him, Cypher, he matches all of the signs. Its marvelous to behold. It reminds me of who we used to be. Before we became slaves to Pavel Kaellar and his bourgeois backers." Teacher whispered.

"I should like to see the Herald. In the meantime, proceed with your plans with Menid. This is a delicate time for us. We took a large risk inducting you into our Order. You have proven yourself with this accomplishment. Now, see to it that we will be ready for Black Sun." Cypher said.

Attograd
The Forged Kingdom of Pavlostani
March 28, 1901

Augoar Croaan glanced at the empty seat next to him. Highking Pavel Kaellar was supposed to have accompanied him on this state visit to the Temple of Cathe. At Croann's suggestion, Pavel had stayed behind. Ever since the war, death threats against the Highking had become more and more common. The Grand Vizier, however, was apparently an acceptable sacrifice if somebody attacked the Highking's horseless carriage. Croaan rolled his eyes at the thought, and sat back as the infernal machine wheeled him towards the Herald's temple. The device hit a pothole and Croaan was uncomfortably jolted.

"Mr. Helgraf, if you may," Croaan spoke to the driver, when a loud crack sounded. A bullet pinged off the side of the horseless carriage, while a second one embedded itself in the seat next to him. Helgraf swiftly turned the horseless carriage and attempted to escape, when a third bullet struck Croaan in the shoulder. Without a sound, Croaan fell, feeling blood streaming from the wound. It didn't hurt. Why didn't it-

Pain

Croaan screamed as all of the pain hit at once. He clutched his wound as Helgraf sped as fast as he could out of the area and the sounds of gunfire faded, along with Croaan's consciousness.

Attograd
April 4, 1901

Croaan came to in a hospital bed.

"He's awake." King Phenev rushed over, restraining Croaan as the wounded Grand Vizier attempted to sit up. "You've been out for a while." Phenev added. Also present was King Halper and Highking Pavel.

"What?" Croaan felt woozy.

"You took a bullet in your left shoulder on the way to the Temple of Cathe." Pavel told Croaan.

"I know. Why?" Croaan shook his head.

"We're still tracking the assassin. We've matched the bullets found at the scene of the crime with a gun found discarded several blocks away. A team is at work finding its owner. We'll get to the bottom of this." Halper told him.

"You were right, old friend. Things have become dangerous." Pavel placed his hand on Croaan's good shoulder. Croaan gritted his teeth. The pain of his wound flared up, and slowly he drifted back into unconsciousness

Attograd
The First Tower
April 24, 1901

"He's back!" King Delgon announced, as all five kings clapped. Croaan, feeling humiliated by the bandage around his shoulder, slumped into the council room in the First Tower.

"And just in time. Mr. Kolinski?" Pavel offered the floor to a handsome man in military garb. Croaan had met him before. Kolinski had been a good soldier in his army during the Great War.

"The attempt on your life has become an affair of national security." Kolinski announced. "We identified the weapon's manufacture and identified who purchased it. It was purchased by a Mendean immigrant named Hakhani. We tracked down Hakhani. He's imprisoned in a special facility for questioning and his home has been raided. Grand Vizier..." He reached into his coat and pulled out several documents.

"These were found in his home. They detail orders and payments from the Mendean government to assassinate the Highking, you, and several other prominent government figures." He paused. "It appears Menid wishes to remove the Pavlostani monarchy and establish a democracy." He finished. Croaan was silent.

"I will compose a public denunciation of Menid's aggression at once. Mr. Kolinski, I give you the power to deal with this threat in whatever way you deem necessary." Pavel declared. Kolinski nodded, and gave a concerned look to Croaan. "Croaan, King Kenn is assuming your duties while you recover." Pavel added.

"Don't you dare." Croaan hissed. "I'm not some invalid. The position of Grand Vizier is not dependent on my good shoulder. If this is true about Menid, you need me." Pavel nodded.

"Very well. Upon my honor, I will find the assassin responsible for this cowardly attack. May the Heralds have mercy on us all."
Last edited by Pavlostani on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2,742,950,128,932 times in total

Return to International Incidents