NATION

PASSWORD

Prepare for Augmentation [pmt, war, OOC,Sign-ups]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Prepare for Augmentation [pmt, war, OOC,Sign-ups]

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed May 10, 2017 7:36 pm

It began as a military test gone most horribly and morbidly wrong...

Western Desert Military Testing Facility: 6:31 A.M.

High Commander Halleck: "Are we ready?"

Halleck was reassigned to Military R&D as a disciplinary action for insubordination and violation of the Cyberiad War code. It wasn't a full demotion; he had retained his rank, but he still hated the reassignment. The only reason he wasn't completely discharged was his raw effectiveness. The Cyberiad military was testing nanites for military applications. Halleck took a pair of binoculars and looked at the Legionnaire tank sitting a few miles away.

"I said, ARE WE READY?"

The technician jumped in his chair and began frantically checking displays and readouts on the bunker's computers. "Yes, Sir. We are a go for test."

"Let's get on with it then."

"Nanite bomb Mk.1 test 1 initiating in 3. 2. 1..."

A black canister suspended from a crane suddenly disconnected and fell towards the tank. A few feet above the tank, the canister dissolved into black smoke which descended upon the tank as the nanites began to deconstruct the machine at the molecular level. In less than a minute, there was just a fine layer of black dust on the test site.

"Compile sensor data, and let's mop it up."

The technician furrowed his brow and began to type in commands into his terminal. "I can't deactivate the nanites."

"What do you mean you can't deactivate the nanites?"

"They are unresponsive."

"Increase broadcasting strength and send the activation command, then try deactivating them again."

The technician hurriedly entered commands to the computer and hit enter. In his haste he made a small, seemingly inconsequential error. The activation command was sent to all nanite canisters in the facility; the effects were horrible...

The 'augmented' are Cyberiad military personnel and civilians affected by the nanites that carried out their emergency medical modus operandi: repair damaged issue. Since the nanites were uncontrolled, they began replacing random parts of the victims bodies with metal and machine, and twisting their minds. Halleck, driven by power and revenge, strives to spread this augmented humanity, and destroy any who oppose it.
Nation Name:
Short Name:
Leader:
Response to Augment: (ally, reason, annihilation, et. al.)
Major character: (optional)
Rp example: (if possible​)

I will start IC after we have a few people.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Wed May 10, 2017 9:02 pm

Nation Name: The Evan Empire
Short Name: EE
Leader: Constitionally limited and Democratically elected Emperor Evan Barrineau
Response to Augment: As a close ally to the CC, Defend the Cyberiad Council at all costs. Attempt to annihilate or contain nanites if possible.
Major characters: Imperial Council Department Leaders. Evan Militia Supreme General (NatCoDE Alliance). Major General Helman of 1st Naval Group.
Rp example: The Panopticon Awakens
Democratically elected capitalist government managed by Imperial Council of Emperor and his 12 Department Leaders. An Imperial Senate acts as oversight, ratifies Council laws, and approves Council actions. State funded corporation Evco Inc. ensures business competition and jobs. Education is provided free by the government for productivity. Laws are loose with criminal punishments carried out via community service or all the way to lifetime hard labor instead of death. Strong Military in all branches. Hosts the National Coalition of Defense and Economy (NatCoDE); defense and economic pact for members who maintain the NatCoDE Charter’s standards.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Thu May 11, 2017 8:32 pm

Accepted my good friend.

IOTA Corp
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IOTA Corp » Sat May 13, 2017 6:48 am

Nation Name: The IOTA Corporation
Short Name: IOTA Corp
Leader: CEO Jefferson Agnew
Response to Augment: Help protect the Cyberiad from the Augment and look for a way to exploit the technology.
Major character: (optional)
Rp example: The Panopticon Awakens

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun May 14, 2017 6:53 am

Iota corp is accepted

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Thu May 18, 2017 3:42 am

I am going to give this a bump to see if anyone else is interested

Union of Lesser Soviet Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Lesser Soviet Republics » Thu May 18, 2017 7:29 am

Nation Name:The Union of Lesser Soviet Republics
Short Name:Lesser Soviet Union or ULSR
Leader:Premier Mikhail Vasilevsky
Response to Augment:Destroy the Augment and help other nations in doing so.
Major character:Major General Anton Sokolov
Rp example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=399367
No, I don't have a 100% tax rate nor do I support it

Semi-Active

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Thu May 18, 2017 10:02 am

Accepted, and it is a pleasure to see you again ULSR!

IOTA Corp
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby IOTA Corp » Fri May 19, 2017 10:22 pm

How many people are we going to wait for?

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Fri May 19, 2017 10:34 pm

Nation Name: Empire of Ruskland-Preuben
Short Name: Ruskland-Preuben, acronym RP
Leader: Imperator Johann II
Response to Augment: Okay, we're going to kill them all and steal the nanites because reasons.
Major character: Nobody, I'll have some POVs
Rp example: In the sig, I'm the NCSU
Last edited by Ruskland-Preuben on Fri May 19, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat May 20, 2017 4:51 am

Accepted

And Idk IOTA, a few.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Sat May 20, 2017 4:56 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Accepted

And Idk IOTA, a few.

IC PLS
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat May 20, 2017 5:33 am

I'm going to wait for another person or two to join first

Purnelaw
Envoy

Founded: Apr 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Purnelaw » Sat May 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Nation Name: Commonwealth of Purnelaw
Short Name: Purnelaw
Leader: Only referred to as 'The Leader' or other generic stuff.
Response to Augment: This is pretty serious if it gets worldwide, so the PAC aims contain or destroy. Well, and maybe try out some new toys for R&D, as well as bringing a sample back home.
Major Character: Major General Lachlan Teimuraz (Commander of operation.)
Rp Example:
Lieutenant Peter Eskalov adjusted his tie, speedwalking at a near jogging pace, his well polished boots clicking as they impacted the white tile flooring below him. He took a quick glance at the manila folder tightly pressed to his chest, and then to the door at the end of the hallway. Two guards flanked the mahogany door, both almost blending in with the hallway with their dull grey BDUs. One of the guards held out his hand as Peter drew closer, who stopped in the red square painted rather intrusively on the tiling. The other guard pulled out a handheld scanner, using it to check the ID on the Lieutenant's uniform, and then opened the door. Peter brushed past them into the room to the odd sight of a man in full dress uniform fiddling with a ballpoint pen, both of his feet upon his own desk. The man looked up suddenly to the intrusion, a warm smile planted on his face.
Peter began to speak, offering the man the package. "Major General, sir? You have an assignment.."
Purnelewian National News Ticker
Reconstruction efforts continue in Africa. ::: IASPC under scrutiny for losing yet another helicopter to 'suspicious circumstances'. ::: Due to storm threat, the Chersbourg Food Festival will be held in the underground bomb shelter complex. ::: Civil Defense Cannon retrofits completed. ::: First asteroid mining facilities in orbit, operations to commence within two months.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat May 20, 2017 6:47 pm

Purnelaw is accepted, and I am getting a bit tired of waiting. I'll have the first IC post up sometime tomorrow.

IOTA Corp
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby IOTA Corp » Sat May 20, 2017 6:51 pm

Finally

Purnelaw
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Purnelaw » Sat May 20, 2017 6:55 pm

Cool. Also, what caliber of PMT are we talking about? I know we've got nanobots, but what about hand held directed energy weapons?
Reconstruction efforts continue in Africa. ::: IASPC under scrutiny for losing yet another helicopter to 'suspicious circumstances'. ::: Due to storm threat, the Chersbourg Food Festival will be held in the underground bomb shelter complex. ::: Civil Defense Cannon retrofits completed. ::: First asteroid mining facilities in orbit, operations to commence within two months.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat May 20, 2017 8:00 pm

Any directed energy weapons would have to be prototypes at best, the nanites were experimental, so I will not be employing them regularly. Just nothing too advanced. keep everything bounded by the limits of physics and reality.
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sat May 20, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Purnelaw
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Purnelaw » Sat May 20, 2017 8:08 pm

Alright, so IC thread tomorrow?

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat May 20, 2017 8:17 pm

most likely, yes

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun May 21, 2017 12:55 pm

The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grande Republic 0f Arcadia » Sun May 21, 2017 3:32 pm

Nation Name: The Constitutional Monarchy of the Grande Republic of Arcadia
Short Name: GRA
Leader: Prime Minister Munche
Response to Augment: To further Arcadian nanite technology and stop the nanite threat in this nation before it spreads globally.
Major character: SSTG. Tim Fowler, Office of Strategic Resources Field agent
Rp example: N/A
Proud Member of theINTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=422664

Been on NS since 2014
Right Leaning Centrist Kinda Libertarian Kinda Republican Take Your Pick

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sun May 21, 2017 4:15 pm

Accepted

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Wed May 24, 2017 11:10 am

Nation Name: The Republic of Cruxa
Short Name: Cruxa
Leader: President Connor Mendel
Response to Augment: Defend CC, but should the Augmented become a serious threat to the greater world, exterminate all Augmented.
Major character: Pvt. Ryan Argent, Lt. Liam MacDougal, President Connor Mendel
Rp example: None, but if you like, I could write something up.
The Cruxan amphibious tanks hit the white-sanded beach, spitting out men. The troops, newly deployed, scrambled for cover as the tanks that dropped them bombarded the enemies they'd been sent to fight. Private Ryan Argent dove behind a ruined cabana, and primed his AR-3 for fire. Bullets whizzed through the flimsy fabric of the beach hut, and Argent crept around the side of the cabana. Aiming down his iron sights, he squeezed the trigger, blowing away the insurrectionists who had overthrown the regional government on the tourist islands.

His fire hit quite a few of the rebels, and after twenty-five minutes of continuous drumming fire the rebels dashed into the jungle, nowhere to be found. A cruxans on the beach cheered, but the war wasn't quite over for them yet.
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed May 24, 2017 1:34 pm

Accepted