NATION

PASSWORD

International Survivalist Conference-2012 [closed, sign-up]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

International Survivalist Conference-2012 [closed, sign-up]

Postby Allanea » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:56 pm

Official Message from the United States of Allanea

The freedom-loving states of the civilized world often face a variety of threats. Natural disasters make continents shudder in paroxisms of destruction. Horrible wars, civil unrest, and even atomic exchanges are the fate of some states – and even those who are completely in peace sometimes suffer from storms, riots, hurricanes, blizzards and sandstorms. Yet many states suffer from insufficient preparedness. Often when disasters strike, we sadly behold the citizens of these states panic or simply perish. How often have you read a newspaper and seen news about a citizen – or sometimes, hundreds of thousands of citizen – perish where they would have easily lived if they had been adequately prepared?

We in the United States of Allanea have forged an efficient public-private partnership to help Freeman secure the blessings of liberty. The average Allanean is armed, possesses in his house a safe room or blast shelter, and emergency supplies for his family. The average Allanean city has public bomb shelters for individuals who are not lucky enough to be near their home or place of business when disaster strikes. State and federal authorities, from the county sheriff to the President, are ready to provide aid in hard times, coordinated of course with private militias and survivalist organizations.

The United States has also played an active role in maintaining international organizations providing foreign aid in times of hardship. Private Allanean groups such as the Demented Schooling Corporation and Allanean Arms have provided tools for disaster preparedness to individuals and states alike.

But now we are offering everyone opportunity to do more. We are offering to create the framework for an international organization of nations and private entities interested in promoting individual survival knowledge and disaster preparedness as well as community defense and civil defense measures, combined with an overarching interstate system of mutual aid.

For this, we are offering preparedness-minded governments, NGOs, and Corporations to visit the first-ever International Survival Conference, 2012, at the Liberty-City Convention Center.

The Conference will open with a Survival Fair, where registered NGOs, state representatives, and corporations will be able to mingle freely (booths must be reserved), mingle socially, offer their products (for those with reserved booths) and otherwise discuss affairs.

On the second day, the diplomatic conference proper will begin, while the Survival Fair will still continue on the ground floor.

We expect to see you there.\

Official Message from the Allanean Survivalist Society

The Allanean Survivalist Society would like to invite all its members, and all subscribers of Survival Magazine, to attend the International Survivalist Conference. We have reserved booth DD-16, and will be offering Survival Magazine Subscriptions. We will also speak at the conference.

Official Message from the Allanean Preparedness Society

The Allanean Preparedness Society condemns vehemently the use of the term survivalist in the conference title. It creates a false, negative image of the preparedness community. Real preparedness is not about wearing camouflage and playing about in the woods – it's about realistic, hardcore, tactical scenarios and training to defend home, family, and business in a variety of scenarios.

Nevertheless we will attend the conference. We have reserved booth DD-15 and will be offering copies and subscriptions to Prepardeness Magazine, copies of the book Urban Preparedness For Your Business (a guide suggesting preparedness tips to business professionals and government authorities).

This Conference Is Sponsored By:

Allanean Arms, Inc.
The Allanean Survivalist Society
The Allanean Preparedness Society
Demented Schooling, Incorporated
Kharkov Heavy Industries
Vorradian Arms, Inc.

The conference began on time. The convention center's main floor was filled with booths. Various men – some in camouflage clothing, others in regular Allanean outfit (which meant – the strangest and most random fashion you could mention) filled the place. At the boothgs, some groups peddled their ideas, and others, their gear – guns, paracord bracelets, knives, and get-home bags. Allanean Arms had a large booth where they demonstrated a brand new Sandstorm jeep, and another where they showed off firearms. Demented Schooling had a booth explaining their schools and Patriotic Education projects. Everybody was armed, of course, and obviously so. The convention center allowed arms, and let people in after they had only been swept for explosives.

For the first day, the guests could just afford to chill out.

Sing-Up Here
Last edited by Allanea on Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:27 am

The New Hayesalian Military were here in force. While many personnel wore their formal uniforms, but most wore their camouflage fatigues in the Urban pattern. Of course, to fit in they carried their Ripper Mk2 rifles with them, as well as Model 15 PDWs and some other New Hayesalian small arms. The New Hayesalians were bringing in their local survival gear, such as combat fatigues they wore, down to their powerade-like powder which helped also to sanitise water. It was a very large affair, and the New Hayesalian's booth was one of the largest. Inside were also examples of NBC hardened cockpits and vehicles, such as the CMi-24 Super Hind, Panthera Main Battle Tanks, and a specially rigged CM-7 cockpit.

There was also, at the local airport, a flight of Cottonmouth stealth transport helicopters. Both on board and at the booth were members of the Army Pararescue, helicopter-borne rescue squads, part of the special forces Legion of New Hayesalia's Military. They would be doing a demonstration in an open area, with Cottonmouths flying and a simulated pilot who had to escape an enemy force.

Teams from the Combat Survival Training School were also onboard to share their information, as the people tasked with teaching aircrew how to survive in hostile areas. There was also an area showing models of the New Hayesalian Army's weapons and equipment, models of aircraft, vehicles and ships, and of course the full sized tank and attack helicopter. The New Hayesalians would also be giving seminars and lectures, on the second day.

For now, the couple of hundred New Hayesalians, mostly officers, would be looking around, enjoying the sights.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:36 am

Ten Lamonian Army Berserkers were currently attending the International Survivalist Conference in Allanea, all of them wearing their woodland camo LDPCUs, and carrying Model 15 PDWs while either manning the LAIX Arms booth located inside the conference center, or walking about the grounds in pairs. While this was a survivalist conference, higher-ups in the Lamonian Army had decided not to make an excessive show of weaponry in the territory of a fellow Amistad signatory state, but no one could force these elite troops to fail to bring their Kukris or Dadao, these latter two weapons being tied into their sheaths, so that it would be harder to draw them, or to have some member of the audience try to take them away.

Each member of the Berserkers had been brought to a Lamonian government run orphanage at an early age, given a battery of medical and psychological tests, and then put into a military educational training program which would make Allanea's Demented Schooling proud, producing candidate members for the Berserkers. The result of this training was that those candidates who volunteered to do so at age eighteen went into even more intense special forces training, designed to test their mental and physical abilities to the absolute limit. It was only after these intense training courses that the selections for who would become the newest Berserkers took place. The candidates had had it impressed into their minds that being selected to become a Berserker was a very high honor, as well as a sign of the trust which their nation had deposited upon them as the guardians of the Lamonian state. The very tough training courses ensured that only the smartest, fittest, most psychologically adapted candidates filled the ranks of the Berserkers. This was important, due to the wide range of missions which they could be expected to undertake in their service to the Free Republic. One day they might be attending an International survivalist conference in Allanea, while the next day might involve life or death combat against numerically superior forces. These elite forces went where their superiors directed them to, their objectives always deemed vital to the objectives of the Lamonian government. Most of their missions would never make it into the media, and as a result, a certain mystique had set in around these soldiers.

Those candidates who did not make it into the Berserkers for whatever reason often found themselves working in other parts of the Lamonian Army, ranging from infantry, to armored, to logistics, and even the medical branch. Given the skill sets and education which these candidates had received from their childhood on, it was very rare for any of them to be found in the civilian world, unless psychological or medical problems interfered with such a lifestyle. Other places were found for these individuals, where they could still serve the Lamonian state in other ways.

For the moment, it was the group's Lieutenant and a PFC manning the LAIX Arms booth, displaying fiberglass models of various LAIX Arms weaponry, some of them scaled down so as to fit inside the allotted area for the booth. A particular favorite was a model of the M-21A2 Valkyrie MBT with interior simulation of the various electronics inside of the model. Lamonian survival gear was also on display at the LAIX Arms booth, and it made a contrast to the New Hayesalian booth, which they saw was doing basically the same thing that they were, just that there were more Hayesalians around the conference center.

When it was their turn, the Lamonians would be giving their own lectures and demonstrations, if people would be inclined to see and hear what they were willing to teach.
Last edited by Lamoni on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:01 pm

Allan Ginsberg, meanwhile, had his own booth. It has fairly modest compared to the foreign booths, but being a local he no doubt found it easier to reserve one. Knives of menacing shape, long rolls of paracord, and all sorts of bags hung from his booth. Also present were several shotguns that came with long storage cases made out of plastic piping - for easy burial in the ground 'for emergencies'.

"This is a get-home bag." - he explained to a foreign buyer. - "Say you're at your job or your business, and suddenly the balloon goes up. There are really only two choices - hole up there with your coworkers, or get home to your family. Now I for one will be trying to get home to my family. Roads will be congested as hell, so you might need to walk."

"So here's this bag. It holds your ordinary daily stuff, like your laptop - but it also holds survival supplies. Two magazines for your pistol, a solar charger, a machete. Things like that. It's going to be mighty useful if the balloon goes up, I tell you that."

Meanwhile, Josh Carr walked up to the Lamonian booth. "Hello. Can I ask about your uniforms? I have read a review of them on a website. A fellow tried them out and he said they're really good, but that there was an issue with the pockets. Are they basically the same as the uniform that Allanea uses, just in a different camo scheme?"

After a moment, he asked another question. "Those subguns, do you have any plans to import them into Allanea? I've read that they're really nice, I think Firepower Magazine had a feature on them? Are the ones here for sale?"
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:57 am

Meanwhile, Josh Carr walked up to the Lamonian booth. "Hello. Can I ask about your uniforms? I have read a review of them on a website. A fellow tried them out and he said they're really good, but that there was an issue with the pockets. Are they basically the same as the uniform that Allanea uses, just in a different camo scheme?"

After a moment, he asked another question. "Those subguns, do you have any plans to import them into Allanea? I've read that they're really nice, I think Firepower Magazine had a feature on them? Are the ones here for sale?"

"Yes, these are the Lyran LDPCU uniforms which we are wearing, just in a customized camoflauge pattern. What sort of issue did your friend say that the uniforms had with the pockets?" When the man asked about the subguns, the answer was slightly less positive. "These subguns are the intellectual property of AIM Inc, in Amastol. We would first require information from them in order to export them to Allanea. However, we do have LAIX Arms equipment which can be sold."
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:08 pm

"He said that the zips on the upper pockets are really unreliable, but I don't know if that makes any sense. If these are the same as our LDPCU's I doubt they have any issues."

Allanean survivalists soon clustered around the New Hayesalian booth. Their water-santizing powder was of particular interest, and dozens of people requested leaflets or other information on the powder's function.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

New Hayesalia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 21, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby New Hayesalia » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:20 pm

The New Hayesalians were somewhat suprised at the interest in water-purifying powder, but they exploained it to each person who asked politely.

"The powder is based on iodine, which is the same stuff in the drops. A few other agents are added so it dissolves with the water. One satchel goes to one canteen, which is one litre of water. It takes an hour to fully dissolve and be drinkable, and it does give it a bit of a funny flavor, so we usually add some powerade powder which gives it a nicer taste. You can buy them on the Military Official Disposal Store online shop along with all kinds of gear."

Outside, the demonstration was about to begin. A crowd had gathered to watch the Army Pararescue do what they did best, as an announcer detailed what their job, technology and tactics were.

A single pilot was waiting on the open tarmac. He was simulating himself at the pick-up zone, survival radio in hand and Model 15 PDW out. From the other side of the building, quite suddenly, came two Cottonmouth transport helicopters. With radar absorbing paint and stealth shaping, not only was it quiet on radar but also on the ears, thanks to the design of the rotors. Mounted in the door guns were two crew served Model 50 12.7mm machine guns, looking down and defending the helicopters. These guns fired the .50 BMG SLAP round, which is designed to pierce armour and holds very effective properties against infantry.

One Cottonmouth descended and landed, with a squad of six Pararescuemen exiting the aircraft. Quite notably, most had the Needler MANPAD strapped onto their back, in case enemy helicopters decided to give chase. They were armed with four Ripper Mk2 rifles, Model 9 pistols and two with the CCGPMG-01 Light Machine Gun. The other helicopter circled above them, moving out to very abstract areas as to confuse the enemy if they were watching. Their door gunners were providing support to the other helicopter.

The pilot on the ground knew to 'assume the position' and drop his weapons. He was treated hostile until he was back home to base, as he may have been an enemy who had stolen a uniform. They dragged him back into the helicopter, and took off as quickly as possible. It had been a very short operation, but one which detailed how efficiently the New Hayesalians rescued their people.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents