NATION

PASSWORD

Rautar-Bokhim Award (TWI Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Rautar-Bokhim Award (TWI Only)

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun May 19, 2019 5:46 pm

The award is named after Dr Rabin Rautar (renowned for his research on malaria immunity among certain peoples inhabiting Marubhumi and Jaring regions) and peace activist Sang Bokhim (writer of the acclaimed pacifist novel Your Wars about the tragedies and horrors of the the First and the Second Central Argus Wars). Both were recipients of the "Imperial Citizen of the Century Award" in 1900. Bokhim became disillusioned with her own ideals of peace and governments across the Isles as the Third Central Argus War began in 1912 and she committed suicide in 1915. To honor the memory of his late friend, Dr Rautar (who would die in the war as a medical officer in the front-lines) wrote in his will that the "Bokhim Award" was to be awarded every year for individuals who contributed to peace, literature and various fields of science in the Isles. However, his friends and relatives named the prize "Rautar-Bokhim Award" to honor his name.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1211835

Hello everyone! So this is sort of TWI's own not!Ramon Magsaysay Award. Here in this thread, we will discuss about the past and present recipients of this award. So far, I have put forth peace, literature and science as the categories for this but any ideas what else categories should be there? So let us begin with the names and whatnot for now of past recipients.

Code: Select all

[box]

[b]Name:[/b] The name duh...

[b]Year:[/b] The year they were awarded. This started in 1920 and was not given from 1940 to 1950 due to Imperial War and again between 1991-1994 due to the 30th Parallel War.

[b]Category:[/b] peace, literature and science for now, more categories to be discussed later on

[b]Contribution:[/b] What this person actually did to be awarded the prize

[/box]

Last edited by Athara Magarat on Sun May 19, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Return to NationStates