NATION

PASSWORD

Gallant Witches OOC (Modern Strike Witches RP) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Gallant Witches OOC (Modern Strike Witches RP) (Open)

Postby Regria » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:53 pm

I sat in my office chair, tapping my fingers contemplatively on the hardwood desk in front of me. I wondered how long it had been since that fateful time. I hadn’t the courage to publish anything since, despite me being a novice journalist who probably had a lot to gain. I guess I felt ‘writer’s block’ in a sense, as I realized myself that anyone else with the information I had would probably be making millions off of some book, back then.

My eyes occasionally wandered from my notebook to my laptop’s keyboard, then to the various labeled CDs sitting atop a pile of paperwork. Maybe she knew I was recording it all, but every time I thought about putting pen to paper, I swore I could feel that veteran's gaze over my shoulder.

It was a bit unsettling, as if she was already judging me for my selfish thoughts of commercializing her war stories. The presence of that woman was intimidating, even in the safety of my own office.

And perhaps it was for the better, too.

I had no idea how bad the war got for them until then, the media had always touted a heroic and joyous combat force obsessed with justice, but it wasn't that simple. Early on, sure, but they only had the old stories to go off of.

I sighed in deep thought, still staring at the CD stack. There was another story told by them, but after hearing it the first time, I never truly had the courage to relisten to them, even years later.

So I'm not sure what motivated me that day to listen again. Maybe it was an article I read online about the war, that got my blood boiling. Maybe I read about the testimonies of other witches, and wanted an unfiltered point of view. Regardless, my decision was deliberate.

My hand reached out to the first CD, titled 'Interview 001'. Not that I was going to listen to just this one. If I was going to hear this story again, I'd hear it in full.

Click.

I opened up the file, and prepared myself.

DATE: NOVEMBER 21ST, 20??

“And what of the peace?”

credits to a good friend, Yoppai for making this

“...Peace?” Her response had a harsh tone. She sat in a chair in the middle of the dimly lit room. The sole light source, a lamp, sat behind her, bathing her in deep shadow. Bottles of various alcoholic beverages were strewn about the table before her, most empty, a few never opened. She had her leg crossed over her knee, and through the shadows I could faintly make out a black leather military boot, with a long white sock clinging tightly to her leg. Her hands, fingers interlaced, were also clad in black leather. She tilted her head upwards slowly, presumably searching her memories for an answer to my question. She squeezed her hands together as if for comfort, her body language showing that she seemed to have forgotten what peace truly meant. She let out a long, nostalgic sigh and looked back at me as if to say ‘I have an answer.’ Her body loosened up and I couldn’t tell if she was looking at me, or through me. A shiver ran down my spine. Something about her set me on edge, as if I was staring at a ghost. I couldn’t quite explain it, but I knew that there was more to this stern-voiced, alcoholic woman than I had first assumed.

“Hand me that will you?” she asked, pointing towards the ground next to me.

“Huh?” I replied, following her finger to the half empty bottle next to my chair. “Uh...sure,” I put my note book down and picked up the bottle. It read Jasmine Daniels Malt Whiskey. I passed her the bottle.

“Thanks,” she said, popping the cap off and pouring herself a shot. She then proceeded to throw the glass back and down the liquor. “Want one?” she asked, offering me the bottle.

“No thanks,” I replied as I picked up my notebook and shuffled back into my usual writing position. “Suit yourself,” she shrugged as she poured herself a second glass. She set the glass down with a loud thud that reverberated through the room, but this time she didn’t drink. She leaned back in her chair and stared at the full glass.

“Peace…” she uttered that one word again with the same harshness. “What an odd thing to ask.”

She leaned forwards, features still heavily hidden by shadow, pointing a finger at me. “Hey...” she said. I felt almost like a child who was caught stealing cookies. I braced myself for whatever might come from her lips next, as I sat there still holding my notebook.

“Did you know that Humanity has three states of being?”

She set the glass down, and curled her hand into a ball.

“The first is armed conflict...”

“The second is the celebration of its’ conclusion,”

As she listed these ‘three states’ to me, a finger flashed out of her fist whenever she listed them. I wondered just what this girl thought of humanity for a moment.

She paused momentarily.

“And the third is the word that you call ‘peace’, the futile hope that everything will be okay.”

“Those are the three.”

She smiled and shrugged, as if she had no care in the world about the consequences of conflict. Shivers ran down my back. Had I been wrong to seek this woman out? Had I been wrong to inquire about this womans’ life experiences in the 511th? The others had turned me down, or were dead. Perhaps those alive had good reason to.

She lifted the shot glass from the table as if to say ‘Cheers’, before downing it in one go. She then poured herself another drink and leaned back in her chair. She sat there for a notably long period of time, contemplatively sloshing her drink around. I took this moment to look around the room, and found a surprising lack of cigarettes for an alcoholic war veteran.

“You want to hear the ‘heroic’, ‘chivalrous’ story of those witches you’ve heard so much about?” She asked sarcastically, glancing back towards me.

“The ‘Saviors of Hispania’, the ‘Knights in Shining Strikers’? The ‘Gatekeepers of the Mediterranean’ who destroyed that Neuroi vessel? Have you really sought me out exclusively for that purpose? To waste more of your precious time for me to tell of mine? Couldn’t you get some war stories out of any other worthless war veteran?”

I nodded quietly, slowly placing my pen down onto the first page of my notebook, anticipating that she might tell her story. She sighed, finished her drink, and set the glass gently on the table.

“Very well. But understand that what you are about to hear is the truth, The full truth. With none of that military sugarcoating that fills those so called “declassified” documents. And it will be more honest than any of those personal accounts you might have read, and more insightful than whatever those blokes at MI6 or the CIA published on the matter. Even though I, by ‘military protocol’ am not allowed to tell you this… You’re about to hear the story of the girls who fought alongside me in the now-’famous’ 511th JFW, That of misfits, girls of all ages, coupled together in a moments notice out of a hurried panic. Those girls who became sisters in a chaotic war no one of them asked to be a part of. The story of the squadron I commanded and the scarring experiences of the war.”

I observed as she seemed to muse to herself for a bit, lost in thought as she spoke.

“Now, where did it all begin? Ah, yes, I remember…”

“On a beautiful morning like any other, the bright orange sun began to rise over the horizon…”

I can still imagine the scene in my head vividly.

DATE: APRIL 15TH, 2021

“...What a beautiful sunrise.”

17 year old Squadron Commander Alice Webley thought out loud as she stood in her new office, arms crossed, looking out a rather massive window. It was a rather large wood-paneled office. Two large bookshelves sat on either side of a large fireplace, opposite the door. Red carpets, paintings, and a mahogany desk sat atop a red carpet sat in the center. The warmth of the orange light bathed the room behind her in a beautiful aurora. Outside, the light danced through the clouds like a dove. It had been three days since she had arrived in Hispania and she wasn’t quite used to these sunrises, especially when compared to the colorless early mornings, and dark nights of Brittania. Alice continued to stare out in awe, ignoring the orange eyed and slightly scarred woman that looked back at her through the window.

"Such extravagant sights this early can only be the mercy of a bad omen." A voice came from beside her. Alice glanced over at this new voice, not breaking her posture of a seasoned soldier. The girl who stood beside her was her long-time friend and personal maid, Elly. Unlike the old teenaged master, Elly was a young, 16 year old girl, who kept her long, black hair tied in a tight, curled ponytail. She was dressed in a gothic French maid’s uniform, with a dark-yellow and white theme, frilled hem and sleeves, a brown corset and a black ribbon over her chest.

The trickling sound of liquid echoed subtly in the room, as Elly poured coffee into a massive mug. Elly looked towards her master. “Your Coffee?” Elly asked casually, as she offered the mug to “the savior of her world”.

“I thought I told you to bring me liquor in the morning.” Alice stated bluntly.

“Just because it’s called a Sunrise Cocktail, doesn’t mean you have to drink it at sunrise.” Elly retorted, sighing.

“But booze tastes so much better than your bitter, creamy bean-milk!” She exclaimed with a pout.

“Perhaps the same could be said of all bitter things,” Elly proposed, smiling.

“Perhaps.” Alice responded with a sigh, closing her eyes. “Eating Military chocolate for years made me question why people like bitterness.”

“I know your tastes, so I added some sugar and whipped cream. I also have some sugarcubes on me, If you still think it’s too bitter.” Elly nodded.

“I still would have liked some booze, though.” Alice grumbled in response as she took the coffee from Elly’s hands. She glanced back outside as she sipped from the mug, closing her eyes. “It’s hot… Just like the sun over here.” Elly opened her eyes.

“Don’t you have more pressing matters to attend to, rather than ogling over the sun?” Elly inquired, crossing her arms. “The past two days may have been similar, but today we really don’t have the time.”

Alice’s eyes narrowed out the window. “I guess the sun looks prettier if you really pay attention to it.”

"The ability to appreciate beauty is one of the things that makes Humanity so unique." Elly stated almost habitually, eyes trailing upwards. Her gaze returned to Alice as her eyes narrowed. “But Alice, do the Neuroi care for beautiful things?”

“The Neuroi.” Repeated Alice. Her fist balled up as she took another sip and her brows furrowed, eyes jamming shut as she did so. Lowering the mug to chin-level, her eyes reopened. “...I still can’t believe it. I thought we killed the last of those bastards in 1975. Sure, there were some stragglers, but we took ‘em all out by 2019. I was the one to fire the last shot! So why are they here?! Why now?!” Alice huffed a bit.

“If something is not alive, can it truly be killed?” Elly asked curiously, placing her finger to her lips and leaning her head back. “We’ve learned that the Neuroi are essentially robots with destructive programming. Maybe those initial Neuroi we fought were pawns in a larger game? Scouts, is what I’m thinking.”

“And these are the real ones? Well, that’s not unsettling at all…” Alice said, proceeding to take yet another sip with her eyes closed.

“Hardly,” Replied Elly as she moved behind Alice, running her fingers through her hair and beginning to tie it. “The most unsettling part was that the real ones managed to actually be a threat… The 502nd is buying us time to consolidate our power, but soon you and your squadron will be put to the test.”

“Aren’t all the Joint Fighter Wings in disarray, right now? They were all initially disbanded after ‘75, seeing as the UN never really saw any use in them, especially after the creation of… of…” Alices’ words trailed off as she glanced upwards. Her eyes wandered off again.

“Gungnir?” Elly answered, finished with tying Alices’ hair. She had done it into a ponytail, beginning at the bottom of her skull. “The network of huge railguns built to fight off potential Neuroi attacks?”

credits to a good friend, Yoppai for making this

“Yeah that’s the one... The one that was destroyed when the Neuroi came back in 2020.” Alice finished, her eyes narrowing. “Put up one hell of a fight, though. The only reason it went down was the chunks falling from the sky were disguised Neuroi. Once active, they disabled Gungnir.” Alice took another sip, closing her eyes, breathing out, and reopening her eyes. “Then, everything went to hell…”

“You’ll probably need this.” Elly stated as she inched towards Alice, dropping more sugarcubes into the coffee. “I know you’d prefer liquor during times like these, so perhaps the coffee I made was still too bitter.”

‘Yeah… Thanks, Elly.” Alice huffed. She drank from her mug, her eyes widening slightly for a moment. “Huh, this isn’t bad. Granted, I’d still prefer booze, but this is fine, too.” She took another sip from her coffee.

“You should go and greet the new witches when they arrive, Alice.” Elly suggested, raising a finger. “Even if they’ll be allowed to run off and do whatever they please, for the day they should still familiarize themselves with their leading combat officer.” she stated matter-of-factly. Her hands were joined together in front of her.

“The new witches…” Alice frowned. She turned to face Elly. “New? As in green? Like the reservists?”

“No,” Elly responded curtly, shaking her head. “The new reservists are being properly trained up at the Gibraltar Citadel. They won’t let a repeat of Burgos happen again.” Her eyes shifted to the side. Alice drank from her coffee whilst Elly spoke, reopening her eyes. Her head turned to glance back out the window.

“Burgos. Damn it.. Why’d you have to remind me of that?” Alices’ eyes narrowed, and her she furrowed her brow. She clenched her fist tightly. “Every time I think of that, I feel my blood boil.”

“As a certain Orussian general put it: ‘One death is a tragedy, a million is a statistic’ " Elly quoted. She looked back towards Alice, with a Steeled expression. “At least they managed to fulfil their objective." She crossed her arms. “A lot more lives would have been lost if those witches hadn’t fought and died, whether they knew it or not.”

“But they’re still dead!”

Alice furiously turned to face Elly, slamming her foot down, her brow furrowed. Elly recoiled, eyes widening. She raised her finger and opened her mouth, but Alice continued to yell. “93% loss rate, Elly! Those are the statistics! 650,000 confirmed MIA, and 216,000 KIA! I’ve read the files, they could have withdrawn at any time, but they didn’t! You wanna’ know why?! Because that lunatic psycho General Morales thought he’d find ‘glory’, if he just... Threw away the lives of children! They only knew how to fire paintball guns!” Alices’ fist was shaking as Elly listened silently. “And yet, those bastards decided to conclude that the casualties were… were… acceptable?! How could someone still be so high-and-mighty after that?” Alice practically roared out.

They stood in silence, eyes locked. as Alices’ brow returned to normal. She took a long gulp this time, turning back to the window. “You can still feel the effects of what happened in the south. Even in Gibraltar families still mourn over their daughters. War to them probably felt like a show on TV. Burgos changed all of that.” She sighed. “No one ever wants to experience the pain of losing a loved one.” she stated.

“There’s a reason why animals protect their young so fiercely.” Elly claimed, her eyes closed. “That’s why we fight, isn’t it? Even if Morales’ actions were improper, you can still fight for others. That’s what I was going to say.”

“I suppose… You’re right, Elly.” Alice sighed. “It still bothers me, though. Those kids were only 12-14, am I not supposed to feel remorse?”

“I don’t feel great, whenever I discuss these types of issues, but...” Elly opened her eyes, and glanced out the window.“Only the witches specified in the files will be arriving, you won’t have to worry about any reservists coming in. They at least have some proper training, and won’t be as helpless as the witches that died at Burgos.”

“What does it matter if they are reservists or not? Most of them don’t have combat experience anyways. They’re just magical prodigies who volunteered.” Alice placed a hand on her hip. “Hell, what really happened at Burgos was likely hidden from them.” She paused to think. “As far as they know, they’re coming here to save the world.”

“Well in that case, it is your job to make sure that dream comes to fruition.” Elly concluded. She closed her eyes and joined her hands together. “You were hand-selected to lead this squadron. No matter how much you try to deny it, Brittania’s high command saw something in you. Maybe it was your track record? Or your tendency to get the job done? Perhaps it was your willingness to do the work other witches loathe?” She paused and glanced back towards Alice. “More likely, it was your noble heart, and that protective nature of yours.” Elly raised a finger.“There’s always a reason for everything, Alice."

“Yeah...” Alice sighed. She glanced back towards Elly, holding out her mug. “May I have another, please?”

“Very well,” Elly smiled. She took the mug and refilled it.

“She told me that I shouldn’t pour too much hot stuff in there.” Her head moved backwards. “Otherwise, it’d end up “hotter than an Oceanic Volcano.” ”

“Avis…” Elly’s smile vanished. “I remember her. You two were like sisters, weren’t you?”

“We were… Before...” Alice trailed off, sadness showing on her face.

“It wasn’t your fault, Alice. We both know that once she was declared MIA, she most likely perished…” She turned her body. “There was nothing we could do to find her, despite months of searching.” Elly bluntly stated. She walked back over to Alice, and handed her the mug.

“Thanks, Elly.” Alice said as she took the mug. “You’re right, though. That was long ago, and I don’t really have the time to think about her, right now. Just imagining what she’d say to me…”

“I’m glad you understand, Alice.” Elly claimed, smiling nodding once. She glanced out the window. “It’s about time those girls started to arrive. Are you going to greet them?” She looked to Alice, hands joined together.

“Someone has to.” Alice responded curtly. She walked to her desk, ignoring the computer on top of it and pulled out a file, tucking it under her arm. She turned to face Elly. “I’m gonna head down to the tarmac. Do you think you could tidy the place up in preparation? I want us to put our best foot forwards, here.”

“Of course, Alice.” Elly responded with a smile. She curtsied towards Alice.

“Thanks… I’ll be around.” Alice made her way to the door. She turned the doorknob.

“And Alice,” Elly began. Her eyes were shut in contemplation.

“Hm?” Alice raised an eyebrow at Elly. Elly opened her eyes.

“If no one is there to see it, is a sunrise really beautiful?”

"Peace never lasts."

Image ImageImage

BACKDROP-- 1945-2020

The world rejoiced that day. Ever since the 501st JFW struck hard at the Neuroi super-nest in 1945 and eliminated it, humanity pushed on with a sense of hope. It was finally shown that we could take the offensive against these previously unbeatable and overwhelming foes. Our confidence soared as we witnessed the 502nd do it again over St. Petersburg the very same year, causing more large scale operations to take place against the Neuroi. Slowly yet surely, we pushed them back.

Though, when the last superhive was finally destroyed in 1951, the Neuroi switched strategies. Their hives became more mobile, concealable, and the Neuroi themselves became more careful. Put simply, they had resorted to Guerilla tactics, perhaps sensing a defeat. We weren't sure why they just didn't dig into the Earth and hide it out underground, but regardless,fighting became more complicated, as the frontline became very unpredictable. With the collapse of the superhives however, victory was inevitable. Their final resistance in Vietnam was tough, but in 1975 the very last nest was destroyed, and the surviving Neuroi scattered.

The world breathed a collective sigh of relief, as any primary invasion force was no longer present. For a while, this united humanity as the UN was formed with the mindset that every nation did not wish for another extraterrestrial invader to ever again threaten Earth. It is to these ends that the UN founded the Gungnir initiative, named by a young Suomus child, to construct massive, towering magical railgun complexes intent on blowing any future Neuroi out of the sky before they even reached the ground.

It is for this reason that global JFWs slowly started getting disbanded, save the 501st and 502nd, as more symbolic figureheads. The world advanced on, and technology was reverse engineered from Neuroi to restore both China and Korea to their old state, with refugees moving back in to rebuild. Administrative difficulties forced separation of states, forming China and the Constitutional Doseon Empire, which was built up from scratch quite rapidly.

Other than Doseon and China's rebuilding, not much else occured, until the 2000s. Internet started becoming accessible at around 2006, namely due to military reluctance to release such technology to the civilian sector. With everyone rapidly getting connected to one another, minority groups of Balkans in Venetia demanded political representation, citing incompatible cultures and harsh mistreatment for eons. Widely covered political demonstrations turned sour when a no-tolerance policy was declared by the monarch, with military police reactions becoming more and more brutal, as despite their 29% population demographic in Venetia, the land lost would more than likely mean a third of Venetian territory ceded. Facing international scrutiny, a Venetian soldier eventually fired on accident at a demonstrator in 2009, sparking a massive uproar leading into a civil war. Nations once more were pitted against one another, though witches were only "officially" used to destroy hard targets or vehicles, Liberion and Karlsland being the primary backers for the rebels and Venetia respectively.

After a conflict stretching until 2011, the rebels forces had forced Venetia into an unconditional surrender, where 2/3rds of their land was ceded To a new Balkan Republic. Sour relations lingered for a bit, but reparations were made. Once more things were looking up, especially given that an internet cultural renaissance of viral video sharing and editing began, uniting people worldwide.

In 2020, the UN Neuroi Warfare Command spotted a fleet of spacecraft, revealed later to be of Neuroi design. Headlines were made that day and everybody crossed their fingers as Gungnir was put to the test.

Performance was spectacular. Despite waves of Neuroi vessels, constant fire from the railguns were able to thwart meaningful advances, the sheer force of the rounds simply shearing apart any Neuroi core.

Unbeknownst to anyone though, the Neuroi were adapting. As ships were blown to bits, the pieces of shrapnel falling to the ground eventually became Neuroi at rest, and on one fateful day all of them activated, overwhelming Gungnir and destroying it overnight.

Panic spread like wildfire as militaries scrambled to intercept them, and five Neuroi vessels landed on Earth. One just outside New York, another in northwestern Hispania, one in the Philippines, one in the Congo, and one in the Amazon Rainforest, with a massive jamming Neuroi sitting in space and disabling all satellites, slowing Internet speeds to a crawl, and hampering with military systems.

Many militaries of the world began employing reservist witches as defensive units, wielding full size AMRAAM launchers that would be resupplied after each firing, reducing casualty rate of the inexperienced forces, but it offered little operations flexibility in striking back at the Neuroi. For this reason, the old JFWs were reactivated, and magical prodigies (or particularly vocal volunteers) were chosen for these purposes. Slowly, a stalemated frontline formed everywhere much like during the 40s-- only, these Neuroi were more dangerous, and the revelation was made that these Neuroi were actually magical robots, that the ones that were defeated beforehand were just scouts. However, the situation was no longer apocalyptic.

A certain General Morales of the Hispanian Theatre thought differently however, believing that the stalemate showed waning power of the Neuroi and lack of resources. As such, he marshalled up a massive full-fledged counterattack with extensive air, land, and sea support against the ship, slamming the Neuroi with the full momentum of the frontline. At first, these Neuroi were caught completely off guard, as they were pushed back significantly, having expected to turtle up. However, they set up a massive trap as Morales pushed on, and despite his subordinates begging him to stop pushing and set up a frontline, or perhaps even a rearline to fall back on, Morales refused, believing a glorious victory was at hand. It was at Burgos, a mere 40 kilometers from the vessel, that the Neuroi sprung their trap. Hidden AA emplacements lit up the sky everywhere, thus surprising the exhausted and simultaneously confident forces. Despite the fact that they were obviously outmatched, Morales ordered all forces to press on, right up until it was very clear that nearly the entire combat air force had been depleted.

At this moment he authorized a retreat, but it was far too late as the frontline fell way behind the point it already was, causing for Madrid to be evacuated. Luckily, some of his subordinates went against orders and set up heavy AA emplacements along a makeshift frontline, which barely held the remaining Neuroi assault from advancing further. Though the full extent of the story was not covered on media due to possible extreme PR backlash, many grieve the loss of their family members, and demand answers from the silence of the HRs.

SITREP

It is a desperate time for the inhabitants of Earth. After the disaster at Burgos, one of humanity's four grand fronts against the Neuroi has seemed to evaporate over the week, placing Hispania and most of Europe in grave danger, wide open to an attack. Oddly enough however, there has been a brief pause in their attack patterns, allowing for the formation of a new Joint Fighter Wing of elites to hold the line against the Neuroi until more reservists are trained up to reform a consistent frontline, where the JFW shall be repurposed for more specialized missions. The 511th. The Gallant Witches. You will be a member of this group, chosen for extraordinary magical talent, aerobatics skill, leadership abilities, and many other aspects which your traditional Witch lacks. Similarly, new ground personnel must be present to facilitate the bases' duties, as not all heroes are Witches, after all. As such, we are glad to have you with us. May we bring peace back to Iberia!

RULES

1 ) I am OP, the local residing god.
1.5 ) Finorskia is my co-OP, my daughter-in-hosting.
2 ) Please, no one-liners. 3 sentences minimum (ex. for combat interactions), and they must be grammatically correct.
3 ) Godmodding is punishable by holy firing squad if repeat offenses are made. I will also ignore anything I deem as such. Got a question about godmodding? Ask, but please exercise some grounding.
4 ) As is par for the course, 3 strikes and you're out. Hopefully it doesn't come to that, guys-- but just making sure we understand.
5 ) Please try to make at least 1 post per week, preferably more. If you have an inactivity spell, contact me and we shall discuss what occurs to your character in your absence or leave.
6 ) I know Witches lore is weird in the fact that every country seems to have a slightly different name, but please use the countries listed on the map.
7 ) PG-13 please, we don't want Mr. FBI man banging on our doors, or Mr. UCMJ sighting us in with his penalty-is-death sniper rifle. Keep that shit outta' Nationstates.
8 ) No helicopter or tank strikers, also please base your units on an existing aircraft, or one which is projected to make a first flight in 2021. Military technology is slightly accelerated, but no Ace Combat, here.
⑨ ) Chill out, have fun! Don't be cold!

(A minor note: Core location powers here are far less effective, as modern technology has led to the mono-eye visors witches use possessing archaic core location technology alongside most functions of a fighter jet.)

Code: Select all
Full Name:

Job: (example: Refueler/Bomber Maintenance (E3 Sentry), Tactical Striker Maintenance, Flightline Expediter, Superintendent, Janitor, Air Combat Witch etc.)

Date of Birth:

Rank: (Rank will be much easier to obtain if you are a witch by merit of a shorter operational lifespan in said field.)

Callsign: (if applicable)

Allegiance: (Which country do they feel obliged to?)

Nationality: (What is their primary genetic makeup/where were they born?)

Personality:

Background:

Striker Unit: (if applicable)

Hereditary Power: (if applicable)

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: (if applicable)

Preferred handheld Weaponry:

Appearance: (Write up/Write up + image)

RP Sample: (If this is your first time around, a written simulated post is fine.)

Accepted Characters

Full Name: Alice Webley

Job: ACW

Date of Birth: March 12, 2004

Callsign: Hercules

Allegiance: Brittania

Nationality: Brittanian

Personality: Warrant Officer Webley has exhibited exceptional leadership characteristics under high stress, able to perform in situations where tough decision making is expected. Though she carries herself with a cold exterior, Webley exhibits a strong protective nature towards those she commands, and has been noted to act more casually around her subordinates whenever commissioned officers are absent.

In combat, many of these traits transfer over, with the added positive trait of being incredibly patient and calm under fire, placing her as a potential candidate for a future stealth Striker project.

Background: Warrant Officer Webley enrolled in the Royal Witch Academy in 2016, showcasing exceptional magical talent and academic excellence, which after her graduation earned her an invitation to the Special Witch Service School by decree of the Queen herself. She was then trained in various Special Warfare tactics, and given further combat training in preparation for more intensive missions. Immediately following graduation in November of 2017 Webley was placed in the 008th Special Warfare Squadron, performing numerous tours of duty, participating in Operations [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], [REDACTED], and Operation Swan Song, where she was noted as being the one to fire the killing shot of the world’s final Neuroi. For all of these accomplishments, she was awarded the Victoria Cross by the queen herself alongside numerous foreign awards, and was eventually promoted all the way up to Warrant Officer for overperformance and leading the squadron in the leader’s absence, after refusing a commissioning offer (though for certain situations such as administrative, she is given O-7 privileges). Given her extraordinary track record, and the situation of the currently overstaffed SWS, Warrant Officer Alice Webley is hereby transferred to Torrejón Air Force Base, to act as the leading combat officer until a commissioned officer arrives.

Striker Unit: Eurofighter Typhoon

Hereditary Power: Perception Masking: Allows for complete invisibility from all methods of detection save actual touch. However, individuals with magically enhanced eyesight may still spot her.

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: Meteors, AIM-120 AMRAAMs, AIM-9 Sidewinders, KEPD-350s, Storm Shadows, Paveway IVs

Preferred handheld Weaponry: AS-50A, L118A1 SWS, Honeybadger AAC, VP9 Welrod

Appearance: Alice Webley is 170cm tall, with brown hair that she ties in a ponytail near the bottom of her skull. She possesses orange eyes, a rather unique trait-- though she wears the usual Brittanian uniform for the various SWS witches usually no matter the situation, with long black combat boots-- long white socks stretching slightly above them. She decides not to wear pants, as many other witches do. (actual character image pending)

Witches

Klavdia Ilyinichna Fedchenko - Played by Rupudska

Lilia Yegerov - Played by Stensolkavia

Luce Campo - Played by Sentinalia

Yuki Yamada - Played by Finorskia

Chiyo Furuya - Played by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary

Friederike Alder - Played by Nachfolgia

Alexandra Kuznetsov - Played by Finorskia

Personnel

Edd Araya, Logistics Readiness Officer - Played by Thuremburg

Dimitri Penkov, AWACS Tactical Director - Played by Finorskia

Table of Contents

OOC / Prologue: Peace Never Lasts <--- YOU ARE HERE!

Last edited by Regria on Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:22 pm, edited 50 times in total.
RED COMMUNIST SCUM WILL FALL
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL
ENEMY COMMUNIST VICTORY-- IMPOSSIBLE!

This nation doesn't use NS stats. Who does, anyways?

Finorskia
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Finorskia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:33 am

Tag.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:42 am

Full Name: Клавдии 'Клавы' Ильинична Федченко [Klavdia 'Klava' Ilyinichna Fedchenko]
Date of Birth: 26 December 2007
Callsign: Korshun ('Kite', as in the bird)
Allegiance: Orussia
Nationality: Orussian
Personality: Patriotic, but not alarmingly so. A bit naive, but can handle herself in a combat situation, according to simulations at least. Has rather childish tastes in food, and this seems to extend, to some degree, to her rations. Can't stand coffee, prefers tea. Not the most casual person.
Background: A recent graduate of the Orussian Empire's witch officer school. Trained on the Su-24 before it was retired, then transferred to the Su-34. Put almost immediately into front-line training due to the usefulness of her Hereditary Power in anti-Neuroi combat. Upon graduation, placed in 10th Guards Bomber Witch Regiment, based not far from her hometown of Volgograd. Has little direct combat experience, but has been in patrols in the Congo alongside other Orussian and some African forces. Is not even a traditional (5 kills) ace yet; her appointment to the 511th is as much a political move by the Orussian Empire as it is about the perceived usefulness of her Heredity Power in anti-Neuroi combat, which was where she most clearly excelled in training simulations.
Striker Unit: Sukhoi Su-34 'Fullback'
Hereditary Power: Concave Shields - Exactly what it says on the tin. Her shields are slightly concave. As a result, instead of directing Neuroi lasers aimed at her around her, they get bounced back. She can control the angle of concavity to focus them into a tight, powerful beam.
Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: Vympel R-73, Vympel R-77, JSC Kh-38, Vympel Kh-29, MKB Kh-59 'Ovod', JSC Kh-31, Zvezda Kh-35, NPO P-800 'Oniks', KAB-500 series guided bomb, KAB-1500 series guided bomb, OFAB 100-120 series fragmentation bomb, FAB-500 series bomb, BETAB-500 anti-fortification bomb, RBK-500 anti-tank cluster bomb
Preferred handheld Weaponry: Kord MG, MP-443 'Grach', AN-94, RPG-29
Appearance: 160 cm / 53 kg
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Regria » Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:02 am

Rupudska wrote:Full Name: Клавдии 'Клавы' Ильинична Федченко [Klavdia 'Klava' Ilyinichna Fedchenko]
Date of Birth: 26 December 2007
Callsign: Korshun ('Kite', as in the bird)
Allegiance: Orussia
Personality: Patriotic, but not alarmingly so. A bit naive, but can handle herself in a combat situation, according to simulations at least. Has rather childish tastes in food, and this seems to extend, to some degree, to her rations. Can't stand coffee, prefers tea. Not the most casual person.
Background: A recent graduate of the Orussian Empire's witch officer school. Trained on the Su-24 before it was retired, then transferred to the Su-34. Put almost immediately into front-line training due to the usefulness of her Hereditary Power in anti-Neuroi combat. Upon graduation, placed in 10th Guards Bomber Witch Regiment, based not far from her hometown of Volgograd. Has little direct combat experience, but has been in patrols in the Congo alongside other Orussian and some African forces. Is not even a traditional (5 kills) ace yet; her appointment to the 511th is as much a political move by the Orussian Empire as it is about the perceived usefulness of her Heredity Power in anti-Neuroi combat, which was where she most clearly excelled in training simulations.
Striker Unit: Sukhoi Su-34 'Fullback'
Hereditary Power: Concave Shields - Exactly what it says on the tin. Her shields are slightly concave. As a result, instead of directing Neuroi lasers aimed at her around her, they get bounced back. She can control the angle of concavity to focus them into a tight, powerful beam.
Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: Vympel R-73, Vympel R-77, JSC Kh-38, Vympel Kh-29, MKB Kh-59 'Ovod', JSC Kh-31, Zvezda Kh-35, NPO P-800 'Oniks', KAB-500 series guided bomb, KAB-1500 series guided bomb, OFAB 100-120 series fragmentation bomb, FAB-500 series bomb, BETAB-500 anti-fortification bomb, RBK-500 anti-tank cluster bomb
Preferred handheld Weaponry: Kord MG, MP-443 'Grach', AN-94, RPG-29
Appearance: 160 cm / 53 kg

Aaaand we have our first Witch! Accepted!
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL

Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Regria » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:36 pm

By the by, don't be afraid to casually conversate here. Usually I use discord for OOC and IC matters, but I know some people on NS refuse to use discord, so I don't want to cause a schism in the OOC that leads to poor group cohesion.
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL

Thurenburg
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Thurenburg » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Full Name: Edd Araya

Job: Logistics Readiness Officer

Date of Birth: October 21 1990

Callsign: N/A

Allegiance: Liberion mostly.

Nationality: Born in Southwestern Liberion from a mixture of different heritages.

Personality: He is a bureaucratic individual who heavily concerns himself with the work that he has been assigned to. While not the most skilled at his job, Edd makes up for it with pure dedication and devotion towards anything he must do. Edd is generally trusting towards the people he works with and is mostly tolerant with whatever he has to put up with.

Background: Edd Araya served in Liberion's Armed Forces before the Neuroi conflict and eventually reached the position of a logistics officer, during this time he had no prior experience with Combat Witches. However when the Neuroi attacked, he was suddenly pushed into the position of handling the route of supplies to military units on the attack on New York. Edd managed to set up an efficient chain of supply to the defense of the city. After the disastrous attack in Hispania by General Morales, Araya was sent to the 511th Joint Fighter Wing to assist in logistics.

Preferred handheld Weaponry: Beretta M9

Appearance: Edd Araya is 185cm tall with a buzz cut and a pale and sickly appearance. He has blue eyes with large eyebags underneath them. His hair is wiry and auburn and is neatly kept. He wears the usual uniform expected of all Liberions in the Armed Forces with short desert tan boots and a boonie hat.
Last edited by Thurenburg on Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Teg
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Proud Member of the Titans RP group.

Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Regria » Thu Dec 26, 2019 6:42 pm

Aw crap, I forgot to add an RP sample bit to the apps in my tired haze that morning. Those of you who already applied don't have to, but for future reference please provide one.

I'm so sorry for that, it's my bad.
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL

Stensolkavia
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Stensolkavia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:02 pm

Full Name: Lilia Yegorov

Job: Air Combat Witch

Date of Birth: September 23, 2006

Callsign: She insists you call her Perun, after the god of thunder. Her old unit did, but this one? Probably not. TBD as roleplay progresses.

Allegiance: The Empire of Orussia

Nationality: Born and raised in Western Orussia, Lilia is almost as pure as you can get in the ethnicity department.

Personality: As she grew up in the midst of a very wealthy family, Lilia has what some would consider a god complex. Not to the extent of believing oneself to be a god, but in the way that they feel entirely superior to you. To those she likes, she simply gloats about her wealth and prowess in the flying arts. To those she dislikes? Ooohohohoho.
However, if you get her goat she immediately becomes flustered beyond all reason, the same if you prove yourself truly better than her at something.

Background: Born to a combination of a wealthy Orussian oil baron and a 12 time in a row Mrs. Orussia, Lilia lived life for most of her 15 years entirely cushioned and pampered. The best schools, the best food, the most luxurious clothing. This all came at a cost however, in that Lilia never had anyone she could call a friend while growing up. Call it fate, call it because of her rather bitchy personality, or even her sometimes unstable magical potential, but no matter what you call it she simply never made a connection. Then, there was Kat. Katya, Katyusha, whatever her name was didn't matter. To Lilia, she was Kat. For 3 long years, 11-14, they were the best of friends imaginable. Of course though, no story can have a perfect ending. April 12th, 2019, when a pocket of Neuroi emerged from the capital building of the Novorassia Province and tore through the streets. Among the over 200 dead, Kat perished under the rubble of a 5 story tall apartment complex. Imagine losing a friend, if you will. Now, imagine losing the only one you've ever known.
Since that fateful day, Lilia applied herself fully to becoming applicable for the role of a military witch. Her parents committed fully to helping her achieve this goal, going to every length imaginable. The best teachers of civilian magic made her familiar, an arctic fox, a staple of the household. The best personal trainers and chefs took her from a self-centered shut-in to a marathon-level athlete in the year or so before she applied. Some even whisper rumors that her rather eccentric striker is due to parental interference. One thing that isn't up for debate though is her acceptance into the Air Witches Program of Orussia, and impressive performance therein. So, when she heard whispers of an elite unit forming to beat back the Neuroi from anywhere, she was the first one to sign up for transfer. Even more surprisingly however, they let her. Through a fake smile, the Orussian 2nd Air Witches Wing lost one of its best Witches to a front she had no hope of surviving.

Striker Unit: A Yak-141.

Hereditary Power: Extreme Maneuverability: Through the use of finely tuned telekinesis, Lilia is able to keep a small filament of air entirely still surrounding herself. This allows her to make many maneuvers drag would make entirely impossible, such as a complete 180 turn at maximum speed, or an extremely sharp bank to pursue enemy combatants that would usually destroy the striker from aerodynamic stress. However, this takes extreme concentration and large reserves of mana which means that if she wants to do these maneuvers for too long Lilia needs reserve mana in the form of extra supplements on her person.

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: Although in training Lilia loved the unguided air to air rocket, her commanders eventually got her to put guidance on her pipe dreams. Now when possible she keeps a R-37 Hypersonic Air to Air Missile on standby after an incident with the 2nd Orussian, and a decent few R-73 Archers for close range combat.

Preferred handheld Weaponry: While normally she loves a good AK or AKM, Lilia has grown fond of the ASh-12.7 Subsonic Assault Rifle. Pairing that with a Makarov makes for a good close range combo.

Height: 5'1" (154 cm)
Weight: 96 lbs (45 kg)

Please do note that because of national lore changing, in this past thread I was Eastern Stensolkavia and not simply Stensolkavia.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=461789

Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Regria » Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Thurenburg wrote:Full Name: Edd Araya

Job: Logistics Readiness Officer

Date of Birth: October 21 1990

Callsign: N/A

Allegiance: Liberion mostly.

Nationality: Born in Southwestern Liberion from a mixture of different heritages.

Personality: He is a bureaucratic individual who heavily concerns himself with the work that he has been assigned to. While not the most skilled at his job, Edd makes up for it with pure dedication and devotion towards anything he must do. Edd is generally trusting towards the people he works with and is mostly tolerant with whatever he has to put up with.

Background: Edd Araya served in Liberion's Armed Forces before the Neuroi conflict and eventually reached the position of a logistics officer, during this time he had no prior experience with Combat Witches. However when the Neuroi attacked, he was suddenly pushed into the position of handling the route of supplies to military units on the attack on New York. Edd managed to set up an efficient chain of supply to the defense of the city. After the disastrous attack in Hispania by General Morales, Araya was sent to the 511th Joint Fighter Wing to assist in logistics.

Preferred handheld Weaponry: Beretta M9

Appearance: Edd Araya is 185cm tall with a buzz cut and a pale and sickly appearance. He has blue eyes with large eyebags underneath them. His hair is wiry and auburn and is neatly kept. He wears the usual uniform expected of all Liberions in the Armed Forces with short desert tan boots and a boonie hat.

Stensolkavia wrote:Full Name: Lilia Yegorov

Date of Birth: September 23, 2006

Callsign: She insists you call her Perun, after the god of thunder. Her old unit did, but this one? Probably not. TBD as roleplay progresses.

Allegiance: The Empire of Orussia

Nationality: Born and raised in Western Orussia, Lilia is almost as pure as you can get in the ethnicity department.

Personality: As she grew up in the midst of a very wealthy family, Lilia has what some would consider a god complex. Not to the extent of believing oneself to be a god, but in the way that they feel entirely superior to you. To those she likes, she simply gloats about her wealth and prowess in the flying arts. To those she dislikes? Ooohohohoho.
However, if you get her goat she immediately becomes flustered beyond all reason, the same if you prove yourself truly better than her at something.

Background: Born to a combination of a wealthy Orussian oil baron and a 12 time in a row Mrs. Orussia, Lilia lived life for most of her 15 years entirely cushioned and pampered. The best schools, the best food, the most luxurious clothing. This all came at a cost however, in that Lilia never had anyone she could call a friend while growing up. Call it fate, call it because of her rather bitchy personality, or even her sometimes unstable magical potential, but no matter what you call it she simply never made a connection. Then, there was Kat. Katya, Katyusha, whatever her name was didn't matter. To Lilia, she was Kat. For 3 long years, 11-14, they were the best of friends imaginable. Of course though, no story can have a perfect ending. April 12th, 2019, when a pocket of Neuroi emerged from the capital building of the Novorassia Province and tore through the streets. Among the over 200 dead, Kat perished under the rubble of a 5 story tall apartment complex. Imagine losing a friend, if you will. Now, imagine losing the only one you've ever known.
Since that fateful day, Lilia applied herself fully to becoming applicable for the role of a military witch. Her parents committed fully to helping her achieve this goal, going to every length imaginable. The best teachers of civilian magic made her familiar, an arctic fox, a staple of the household. The best personal trainers and chefs took her from a self-centered shut-in to a marathon-level athlete in the year or so before she applied. Some even whisper rumors that her rather eccentric striker is due to parental interference. One thing that isn't up for debate though is her acceptance into the Air Witches Program of Orussia, and impressive performance therein. So, when she heard whispers of an elite unit forming to beat back the Neuroi from anywhere, she was the first one to sign up for transfer. Even more surprisingly however, they let her. Through a fake smile, the Orussian 2nd Air Witches Wing lost one of its best Witches to a front she had no hope of surviving.

Striker Unit: A Yak-141.

Hereditary Power: Extreme Maneuverability: Through the use of finely tuned telekinesis, Lilia is able to keep a small filament of air entirely still surrounding herself. This allows her to make many maneuvers drag would make entirely impossible, such as a complete 180 turn at maximum speed, or an extremely sharp bank to pursue enemy combatants that would usually destroy the striker from aerodynamic stress. However, this takes extreme concentration and large reserves of mana which means that if she wants to do these maneuvers for too long Lilia needs reserve mana in the form of extra supplements on her person.

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: Although in training Lilia loved the unguided air to air rocket, her commanders eventually got her to put guidance on her pipe dreams. Now when possible she keeps a R-37 Hypersonic Air to Air Missile on standby after an incident with the 2nd Orussian, and a decent few R-73 Archers for close range combat.

Preferred handheld Weaponry: While normally she loves a good AK or AKM, Lilia has grown fond of the ASh-12.7 Subsonic Assault Rifle. Pairing that with a Makarov makes for a good close range combo.

Height: 5'1" (154 cm)
Weight: 96 lbs (45 kg)

Please do note that because of national lore changing, in this past thread I was Eastern Stensolkavia and not simply Stensolkavia.
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=461789

Thurenburg, my discord pal, you're gonna' have a lot of logistics requests ahead of you. Mind grabbing me a sandwich?

Accepted!

Sten, buddy! Glad you could make it. A very intriguing power, but remember not to go overboard with it.

Accepted.
Last edited by Regria on Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL

Sentinalyia
Secretary

Founded: May 26, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Sentinalyia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:39 pm

Full Name: Luce Campo

Date of Birth: December 7, 2006

Callsign Garuda

Allegiance: Gallian Foreign Legion

Nationality: See Background.

Personality: Luce Campo is relaxed and laid back, and rarely conflicts with other soldiers directly. However, Caporal Campo has demonstrated an unfortunate tendency toward almost compulsive deception, rarely giving the same answer to personal questions twice. She seems to find some degree of amusement in coming up with probable yet false answers about her personal history. While this has not yet extended into her official reports or on-duty matters, it is recommended that a close eye be kept on any responses she gives. She also finds amusement in teasing other nearby witches, or otherwise flustering them.

Background: There is little available information on Luce Campo's life before her service, owing to her secretive nature. Caporal Campo joined the Gallian Foreign Legion a year ago, claiming to be a simple citizen of Venezia with prior striker training who wished to take the fight to the Neuroi in the wake of their reappearance. While so far this is assumed to be correct, her tendency toward compulsive deception does cast some suspicion as to her actual origins. The Foreign Legion has also noted her tendency for deception, but evidently considered her skill at flight worth the potential issues. Luce's usual answer as to her previous striker training (and the one considered most accurate) is that she taught herself using a Cessna civilian striker model.

Because of this lack of information, it is noted here is that Luce Campo holds an extreme resemblance to one "Adelina Cremonesi", otherwise known as the White Albatross. The White Albatross was a renowned Romagnian stunt witch whose career terminated in a near-lethal crash 2 years before Campo's admission into the Foreign Legion. It was believed that Adelina would never be able to fly again. She disappeared from her home several months later, to some news coverage. Adelina often used a civilian Cessna striker modified to perform acrobatic stunts, part of the reason for her nickname. While this certainly could point to a connection between the two, Adelina never showed any signs of access to wind magic, unlike Caporal Campo's usage of her hereditary ability, and Adelina's extreme injuries making her continued usage of a striker, especially a jet striker, severely unlikely. Until further proof is received, this will remain speculation.

Striker Unit: Dassault Rafale

Hereditary Power: Bow Shock: Capable of manipulating the air around herself to fire shockwaves at targets that can cause slight damage and heavy knockback. The faster that she is going, the better she is capable of utilizing the agitated air currents generated by her movement, increasing the strength and range of the launched shock cones.

Preferred Striker Weaponry: Campo primarily makes use of the R.550 Magic and MBDA MICA.

Preferred Handheld Weaponry: FAMAS with rifle grenade, PAMAS G1, HK-416F, LGI Mle F1, and a MK.19 Mod 3 Grenade Machinegun modified for striker use.

Appearance:

Finorskia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Finorskia » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:50 pm

Full Name: Yuki Yamada

Date of Birth: February 9th, 2006

Callsign: Hawk

Allegiance: Fuso

Nationality: Fuso

Personality: Technical Sergeant Yuki has shown to operate well under pressure and in high stress situations. Her friendly and confident attitude has been shown to improve morale among other witches. Technical Sergeant Yuki seems to show a deep care for her fellow squad mates with a willingness to risk her life to protect theirs. Has shown a willingness to try new foods and is rather adventurous with new experiences.

Background:
A fresh recruit who joined the Fuso reserve Witches just prior to the Neuroi invasion. Trained on the F-15C. Transferred from reserves to active duty as a result of good scores and a valuable hereditary power. Has a modicum of combat experience flying missions over the Philipene sea. Transferred to the 511th as a result of a good combat record and strong ability.

Striker Unit: F-15C

Hereditary Power:Force Multiplication: Yuki can multiply the effect of any known force under the Newtonian definition. The power requires concentration what is being multiplied so it is difficult for her to domino effects on the fly unless she has pre-planned them. The more she amplifies or negates a force from it's origin the more magic she uses. If Yuki were to attempt to use her power in the fly she risks under affecting the force she is attempting to modify or over effecting it. An over effect can not only be dangerous but they often drain Yuki of her magical power faster.

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: AAM-5, AAM-4, AIM-9X, Mk82, CBU-87

Preferred handheld Weaponry: Yumi Bow (with exploding bolts) or Howa Type 64

Appearance:
Yuki is 5'4" tall with a fairly average build. She has black hair and green eyes. Her familiar is a Japanese Sparrowhawk.Image

Full Name: Alexandra Kuznetsov

Date of Birth: October 8th, 2007

Callsign: Chayka (seagull)

Allegiance: Empire of Orussia

Personality: Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov has an extremely calm and quiet demeanor. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov is extremely good at following orders and tends not to ask questions, though she lacks initiative in combat situations. While she is calm under pressure and able to hold her own even when outnumbered, she is bad at weighing odds and knowing when to retreat. It is believed these are all a result of her young age and rough childhood as she has shown to be quite intelligent. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov is highly gifted with computers and electronics, able to build highly complex micro drones. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov is highly picky and childish when it comes to what food she is willing to eat.

Background: Junior Lieutenant Alexandra Kuznetsov was arrested at the age of 13 for hacking into military computer systems. She was identified as a Witch with an ability that allowed her to manipulate electricity in a manner that let her wirelessly interface with computer systems. It was discovered under investigation that Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov’s parents had been using their daughters ability to stage several robberies and hacking’s and they were promptly arrested. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov was taken under military custody and enrolled in witch training courses and officer school. Though troublesome at first Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov was eventually broken into military life where she performed well. Following graduation Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov was assigned to an Electronic Warfare unit. Around the same time as the Neuroi invasion Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov unveiled a strike deployable micro drone as part of a personal project. This caught the interest of higher ups who had her transferred to a frontline unit for a combat test. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov and her drones showed promise in combat and she was transferred to the 511th despite her general lack of combat experience.

Striker Unit: Su-34

Hereditary Power: Electrical manipulation of computers

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: Deployable micro-drones armed with various missiles (will flesh out later)

Preferred handheld Weaponry: AK-74U

Appearance: Will do later

RP Sample: I'm your'e Co-OP.
Last edited by Finorskia on Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:12 am

How bendy can I make Rule 8? Let's say Fusonese Navy Super Tomcat with SPEAR 3/Brimstone 2/AAM-5/AAM-4? Also is it possible to get a magic-driven aircraft cannon? *thinke*
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Regria » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:21 am

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:How bendy can I make Rule 8? Let's say Fusonese Navy Super Tomcat with SPEAR 3/Brimstone 2/AAM-5/AAM-4? Also is it possible to get a magic-driven aircraft cannon? *thinke*

Not yet, but probably in the future. We didn't see that 50mil lugged around in S1E1 of the original SW, after all. 'sides, over .50BMG for that sort of RoF are usually reserved for CAS Witches on A10s and the like. I don't think the speed of these Neuroi would play fair with dogfighting A10 strikers, though.
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:26 am

Regria wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:How bendy can I make Rule 8? Let's say Fusonese Navy Super Tomcat with SPEAR 3/Brimstone 2/AAM-5/AAM-4? Also is it possible to get a magic-driven aircraft cannon? *thinke*

Not yet, but probably in the future. We didn't see that 50mil lugged around in S1E1 of the original SW, after all. 'sides, over .50BMG for that sort of RoF are usually reserved for CAS Witches on A10s and the like. I don't think the speed of these Neuroi would play fair with dogfighting A10 strikers, though.

I am considering that the 50 mil gun in canon is now... 76 years in the past and as we all know... Technology Marches On. <.>
Just saying, between 1945 and 2021 at least one Texan with enough clout would've tried to fit a 20 mm M61 Vulcan to a Striker Unit and gotten US DoD funding for it. <.>
So the SPEAR 3/Brimstone 2/AAM-4/AAM-5 Fusonese Super Tomcat checks out?
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:28 am

Regria wrote:

I mean, in my own modern Strike Witches RP, I had the XM301 as a common armament for Liberion Witches, since it weighs just as much as a Ma Deuce and there were plenty of Witches using it in canon.

Though I will say that even with that in consideration, 122 kilograms is pushing it without OP approval.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Regria » Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:59 am

(Edited after a discussion with Fin.)

While it would be incredibly heavy to lug around, extremely difficult to aim without assistance from CAS Striker units, and also increase the likelihood of your weapon being damaged severely, I will say that it is actually possible, just not too reccomended. If you want, I'll let you have your fun with a huge-ass BRRT, and witches are likely at the top of logistics trains, so a somewhat steady stream of ammo will be provided. Just be wary of the downsides though, not even super strength can stop the drag of you swinging a huge gun around.

Sentinalyia wrote:Full Name: Luce Campo

Date of Birth: December 7, 2006

Callsign Garuda

Allegiance: Gallian Foreign Legion

Nationality: See Background.

Personality: Luce Campo is relaxed and laid back, and rarely conflicts with other soldiers directly. However, Caporal Campo has demonstrated an unfortunate tendency toward almost compulsive deception, rarely giving the same answer to personal questions twice. She seems to find some degree of amusement in coming up with probable yet false answers about her personal history. While this has not yet extended into her official reports or on-duty matters, it is recommended that a close eye be kept on any responses she gives. She also finds amusement in teasing other nearby witches, or otherwise flustering them.

Background: There is little available information on Luce Campo's life before her service, owing to her secretive nature. Caporal Campo joined the Gallian Foreign Legion a year ago, claiming to be a simple citizen of Venezia with prior striker training who wished to take the fight to the Neuroi in the wake of their reappearance. While so far this is assumed to be correct, her tendency toward compulsive deception does cast some suspicion as to her actual origins. The Foreign Legion has also noted her tendency for deception, but evidently considered her skill at flight worth the potential issues. Luce's usual answer as to her previous striker training (and the one considered most accurate) is that she taught herself using a Cessna civilian striker model.

Because of this lack of information, it is noted here is that Luce Campo holds an extreme resemblance to one "Adelina Cremonesi", otherwise known as the White Albatross. The White Albatross was a renowned Romagnian stunt witch whose career terminated in a near-lethal crash 2 years before Campo's admission into the Foreign Legion. It was believed that Adelina would never be able to fly again. She disappeared from her home several months later, to some news coverage. Adelina often used a civilian Cessna striker modified to perform acrobatic stunts, part of the reason for her nickname. While this certainly could point to a connection between the two, Adelina never showed any signs of access to wind magic, unlike Caporal Campo's usage of her hereditary ability, and Adelina's extreme injuries making her continued usage of a striker, especially a jet striker, severely unlikely. Until further proof is received, this will remain speculation.

Striker Unit: Dassault Rafale

Hereditary Power: Bow Shock: Capable of manipulating the air around herself to fire shockwaves at targets that can cause slight damage and heavy knockback. The faster that she is going, the better she is capable of utilizing the agitated air currents generated by her movement, increasing the strength and range of the launched shock cones.

Preferred Striker Weaponry: Campo primarily makes use of the R.550 Magic and MBDA MICA.

Preferred Handheld Weaponry: FAMAS with rifle grenade, PAMAS G1, HK-416F, LGI Mle F1, and a MK.19 Mod 3 Grenade Machinegun modified for striker use.

Appearance:

Sentinalia! Luce's gonna' be a fun one, I can tell. You didn't supply an RP sample, but I've done it many times over discord with you, so with that said,

Accepted!

Finorskia wrote:
Full Name: Yuki Yamada

Date of Birth: February 9th, 2006

Callsign: Hawk

Allegiance: Fuso

Nationality: Fuso

Personality: Technical Sergeant Yuki has shown to operate well under pressure and in high stress situations. Her friendly and confident attitude has been shown to improve morale among other witches. Technical Sergeant Yuki seems to show a deep care for her fellow squad mates with a willingness to risk her life to protect theirs. Has shown a willingness to try new foods and is rather adventurous with new experiences.

Background:
A fresh recruit who joined the Fuso reserve Witches just prior to the Neuroi invasion. Trained on the F-15C. Transferred from reserves to active duty as a result of good scores and a valuable hereditary power. Has a modicum of combat experience flying missions over the Philipene sea. Transferred to the 511th as a result of a good combat record and strong ability.

Striker Unit: F-15C

Hereditary Power: Force multiplication

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: AAM-5, AAM-4, AIM-9X, Mk82, CBU-87

Preferred handheld Weaponry: Yumi Bow (with exploding bolts) or Howa Type 64

Appearance:

Full Name: Alexandra Kuznetsov

Date of Birth: October 8th, 2007

Callsign: Chayka (seagull)

Allegiance: Empire of Orussia

Personality: Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov has an extremely calm and quiet demeanor. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov is extremely good at following orders and tends not to ask questions, though she lacks initiative in combat situations. While she is calm under pressure and able to hold her own even when outnumbered, she is bad at weighing odds and knowing when to retreat. It is believed these are all a result of her young age and rough childhood as she has shown to be quite intelligent. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov is highly gifted with computers and electronics, able to build highly complex micro drones. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov is highly picky and childish when it comes to what food she is willing to eat.

Background: Junior Lieutenant Alexandra Kuznetsov was arrested at the age of 13 for hacking into military computer systems. She was identified as a Witch with an ability that allowed her to manipulate electricity in a manner that let her wirelessly interface with computer systems. It was discovered under investigation that Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov’s parents had been using their daughters ability to stage several robberies and hacking’s and they were promptly arrested. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov was taken under military custody and enrolled in witch training courses and officer school. Though troublesome at first Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov was eventually broken into military life where she performed well. Following graduation Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov was assigned to an Electronic Warfare unit. Around the same time as the Neuroi invasion Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov unveiled a strike deployable micro drone as part of a personal project. This caught the interest of higher ups who had her transferred to a frontline unit for a combat test. Junior Lieutenant Kuznetsov and her drones showed promise in combat and she was transferred to the 511th despite her general lack of combat experience.

Striker Unit: Su-34

Hereditary Power: Electrical manipulation of computers

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: Deployable micro-drones armed with various missiles (will flesh out later)

Preferred handheld Weaponry: AK-74U

Appearance: Will do later

RP Sample: I'm your'e Co-OP.

Fin! Well, Yuki's accepted, definitely. And Kuznetsov's drones also sound rather interesting in how they can be approached. However, I'll have to hold off on Kuznetsov's acceptance until an appearance is up, otherwise, you're golden.
Last edited by Regria on Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL

Finorskia
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Finorskia » Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:52 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Regria wrote:

I am considering that the 50 mil gun in canon is now... 76 years in the past and as we all know... Technology Marches On. <.>
Just saying, between 1945 and 2021 at least one Texan with enough clout would've tried to fit a 20 mm M61 Vulcan to a Striker Unit and gotten US DoD funding for it. <.>
So the SPEAR 3/Brimstone 2/AAM-4/AAM-5 Fusonese Super Tomcat checks out?

You'll have to wait for finale OP approval but I personally see nothing wrong with a Fusonese Tomcat. Considering that Fuso didn't get WW2 treatied like IRL Japan did, I could see them buying F-14's and F-14 strikers.
Last edited by Finorskia on Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Regria » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:20 pm

Finorskia wrote:You'll have to wait for finale OP approval but I personally see nothing wrong with a Fusonese Tomcat. Considering that Fuso didn't get WW2 treatied like IRL Japan did, I could see them buying F-14's and F-14 strikers.

Same here. It's pretty feasable, given the world was more or less on good terms for quite a while. Plus, Tomcats are pretty damn cool. Seems good to me!
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:56 pm

Full Name: Chiyo Furuya (千依 ふるや)

Date of Birth: 20011010

Callsign: Chiyoda

Allegiance: Empire of Fusō and Her Tennō, naturally

Nationality: Fusō-jin/Fusōnese

Personality: A somewhat traditionalist Fusōnese Buddhist-Shintō believer, Chiyo pays her due attention to the Gods whenever she feels appropriate, and goes a shrine-visiting on the important days in her yearly schedule. Personal relations-wise she's not too incredibly fussy but like most reasonable people will not stand stupidity for very long. She will turn in an actual effort when required but only to a limit, a limit which is not enough to propel her to the top of her class in terms of academic achievement. Thinks the ideals of the perfect Fusō Nadeshiko is a tired meme. Likes her Sencha, thinks coffee is another tired meme, and may the gods help the person who puts milk into green tea.

Background: Chiyo Furuya, 20 year old Midshipman of the Imperial Fusō Navy, of the 151st class of its Etajima Academy is a mostly unremarkable Witch, with average grades in just about everything apart from cooking (of which she's officially banned from doing as an officer). Her first reactions to being selected for flight training was mostly a combination of "What?" and "Why me?" Two years post-graduating from high school and entering the Academy (mostly because she got scouted by a senior) sees Chiyo still being a mostly average cadet of the Navy, albeit with new toys to play with. Chiefly amongst them, and pretty much her only exceptional talent - her ability to raise enhanced power shield domes. And so the Navy sent her to the 511th in her last year of training, mostly as an experiment and a token contribution to the war effort in Europe while its bigger units (Carrier Divisions for example) redeploys to where they are needed.

Striker Unit: A4F3-U Tomcat Mod (F-14D Super Tomcat)

Hereditary Power: Enhanced power shield dome - Chiyo can raise a decently sized shield dome over herself and a few other select objects in her vicinity with a certain durability enhancement.

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: 12 SPEAR 3/Brimstone 2, 2 Type 2664-1 AAM-5A in 1-3, 3, 3, 3-1 config, or 6 Type 2659-2 AAM-4B, 2 Type 64-1 AAM-5A in 1-1, 2, 2, 1-1 config

Preferred handheld Weaponry: Howa Type 2649F Paratrooper Rifle, H&K MP7

Appearance: Pic for now
1.65 m/5 ft 5 in; 60 kg/132 lbs

RP-Sample: Hier
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:02 am, edited 9 times in total.

MT/MagicT

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:13 pm

Tag for interests. :3

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:05 am

I'll think about it.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:47 am

Interesting. I could bring back my old Karlsland witch, Friederike.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Regria
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Regria » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:31 am

IC will be up either later today or early tomorrow, folks!
DEMOCRACY SHALL NOT FAIL

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:50 am

Full Name: Friederike Adler

Date of Birth: October 19th, 2004.

Callsign: Quicksilver

Allegiance: Karlsland.

Nationality: Karlslander

Personality: Outwardly, Friederike seems as though she has no passion or emotions whatsoever, keeping her expression as neutral as possible. This is far from the truth. Behind her cold, unwavering military bearing, Freddy holds two great loves in her life, Karlsland and the friends she has lost.

Background:

Born in the city of Mainz, on the banks of the Rhine, Friederike was destined to serve Karlsland. Her father, a prominent officer in the Karlsland military, wanted just that for his daughter. Instilling military discipline and perfection in her at a young age, he wanted to make sure she was going to be one of the best soldiers in Karlsland.

Friederike enrolled a local military academy to further reinforced her father's teachings. While there, she made her father's wishes come true, showing extreme aptitude for the lifestyle on the verge of prodigal status. She strived to be the very best in her class in every category. Her academic and athletic scores were top notch, uniform inspection scores were perfect. Everything Friederike strived for, she excelled at, wholly believing it was her duty to be the very best.

When it became evident that she possessed magical abilities, Friederike was transferred to Imperial Educational Institute for Air Force Officers to be trained as a Strike Witch. While enrolled, Friederike excelled at the institute in a similar manner she had in the regular academy, honing her magical abilities and flight skills.

Friederike graduated top of her class by the time the Neuroi were making their move in Hispania. She was assigned to the newly reformed Grünherz Squadron along with many of her classmates. Being the only witch unit fielded by Karlsland for Morales' assault, the Grünherz were representing the empire on the world stage. Local news outlets describing them as the " Pride of Karlsland" added to their youthful arrogance and they were determined to live up to that.

Unfortunately, this would become Friederike's first failure. General Morales' campaign proved to be a disaster as most of the force was eradicated. The Grünherz were not spared this fate, leaving Friederike the sole survivor, but not without losing her right eye. Wounded and broken inside, she returned to Karlsland where she would undergo months of rehabilitation and therapy.

She received many metals and accommodations for her efforts in the campaign and would even be featured on TV and in newspapers. The public spotlight, however, didn't show the inner turmoil inside her that only ongoing therapy would quell for the most part. She was eventually be released and cleared for active duty again. Friederike would be assigned to the 511th, eager to serve the Empire again.

Striker Unit: F-4X Super Phantom

Hereditary Power: Speed: Friederike is able to accelerate and maintain top speed during combat, delivering lighting fast attacks while maintaining exceptional maneuverability. Some of it is still lost at top speed, but her training and experience affords her the ability to quickly accelerate and decelerate at will.

Preferred Striker-borne Weaponry: AIM-9 Sidewinders, AIM-120 AMRAAMs.

Preferred handheld Weaponry: M27 IAR with drum magazine attachment, TISAS Zigana F pistol with extended magazines.

Appearance: Friederike is 5' 9" tall with a slim athletic built, similar to that of an Olympic athlete. A black eye patch is covering her right eye which in turn is covered by her hair.

RP Sample: Nachfolgian-Exilvanian RP

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse