NATION

PASSWORD

Are We Heroes: Novum Saeculum [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:51 pm

there is a line between being super regimented and lacking common sense.

Auphelia
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:there is a line between being super regimented and lacking common sense.

She has common sense, she is just super regimented to the extreme.

She is trying to change, but doesn't know how, where to start, or what change is like. She doesn't know how else to act, because she's never not had a domineering force in her life telling her what to do. And she's gone without eating before, especially when she would make a mistake in her routines and her mother noticed.
Last edited by Auphelia on Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Term Local Councillor of the South Pacific
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

Condemned for Being the Baddest Old Biddy
SC #307

Kyrusia wrote:...This one. This one is clever. I like this one.

Charlia wrote:You, I like.

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:20 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:If you want to keep the healing factor, you're going to have to tone down the max power of the other powers.

I mean - her power doesn't really work well without the regenerative healing factor, to begin with. After all, as she changes/grows, her body has to 'heal' itself in case of any mid-transformation injuries.

Besides, it'd require significant reworking of the bio and a removal of an essential part of her background (the Biadaq Insurgency/Invasion) because I don't see how else she could've won that fight without being able to heal.

I guess I could say what happened at the Biadaq Insurgency/Invasion was the absolute limit of her power as well as keeping the healing factor as a regular, flat-rate healing factor that only increases if a severe injury is suffered. But otherwise, I'm not sure how to adjust it without also finding a new reason for her parents to decide to send her to the Academy.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:26 am

Im just saying that anyone cut in half should not be able to survive unless their primary power is regeneration of some kind. Being able to turn into a large, powerful and armored dragon is one thing, but being able to turn into a large and powerful dragon that is Damn near impossible to kill is another thing entirely.

and if you can survive being cut in half, yeah that's pretty much unkillable in my book.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:16 am

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:18 am

Oooooh, pretty house!
The Grand Dame of Deliciously, Despicably Dastardly Deeds and Devilishly Deranged Doings

SC #307

You're entertaining. And your signature makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the insiiii--

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:22 am

i've seen listings from 7-23.3 million dollars for the place

its on a thousand acres of land (so we'll assume the island is a thousand acres as well

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:22 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:i've seen listings from 7-23.3 million dollars for the place

its on a thousand acres of land (so we'll assume the island is a thousand acres as well

Is that a lot?

How much is an acre?

SC #307

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:22 am

Hey, players. Let's get the pool party started! :hug:

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:26 am

WhatsamattaU wrote:Hey, players. Let's get the pool party started! :hug:

Woot.

Woot.

SC #307

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 am

Auphelia wrote:
The Cyberiad Council wrote:i've seen listings from 7-23.3 million dollars for the place

Is that a lot?

How much is an acre?

Mr. Know it all (otherwise known as Google Search) defines 1 acre as 4046.86 meters squared. Take that times a thousand, and that's what we got at this place.

-Talc
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:48 am

4.047 km2
404.7 hectares
1.563 mi2
4.356x10^7 ft2

or 2x the size of Monaco.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am

The Cyberiad Council wrote:4.047 km2
404.7 hectares
1.563 mi2
4.356x10^7 ft2

or 2x the size of Monaco.

And twice the profits, if we bulldoze this island and make it a tax haven/gambling paradise!

Just a thought.

SC #307

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:57 am

haha You'd have to go through Paladin

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:00 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:haha You'd have to go through Paladin

How do we get enough funding to stay afloat for all of this technology and transportation and beautiful mansions and whatnot?

SC #307

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 pm

Cypher funds the school predominantly, and Argus volunteers some funds
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:02 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Cypher funds the school predominantly, and Argus volunteers some funds

Ah, the mysterious Cypher . . .

Interesting.

SC #307

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:06 pm

WhatsamattaU
Minister

Founded: Aug 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby WhatsamattaU » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:20 pm

Okay, y'all, I have to go to work, soon.
I will be following on my smart phone.
I will try to stay active the next few days and may ask you to collab with me, by sending you telegrams.
Longer posts will be difficult.
My work week is generally Wednesday through Sunday.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:58 pm

Name: Mariam ‘Mari’ Margaryan
Alias: Trailblazer
Appearance:
She’s naturally blonde, but she dyes her hair purple.
Build: 172cm/5’ 6”, 57kg/8st 9lbs
Sexual orientation: Bisexual

Powers: Mariam has two powers; the first is a very precise form of precognition which allows her to plot the fastest and most efficient route from Point A to B, with B being a person, place or just about anything really as long as she can name it. The second power is a a form of weak but instant super speed, with her being capable of accelerating from nothing to her top speed to 70 or so MPH near-instantly.
Drawbacks and Limitations: Mariam’s power doesn’t give her much in the way of offensive or defensive capacity beyond simply charging into someone at full speed, and charging into someone at 70 MPH hurts. Her route plotting only works for her, and takes into account her speed, so other people may simply not be able to follow her.
Equipment: A grappling hook-harpoon gun and rope, climbing axes.

Personality: Mariam is a very outgoing individual; boisterous, confident, sociable and generally a friendly and likable person. She’s never known anything but being a hero, and never really considered doing anything else. She’s very much a doer, not a planner, and she doesn’t think things or consequences through.

Nationality: American
Hometown: Troy, NY
Bio: Mariam, although she much prefers to be called Mari, is the elder and more notable of the two Margaryan sisters. She was the one with the flashy and exciting powers, the one who learned how to deal with the public relations side of being a hero, the friendly and outgoing one. Her powers were always fairly easy and intuitive for her to use, not requiring much in the name of creativity; she could chase down criminals, track down criminals. It made life easy for her as a hero, and so it was no surprise that she was the more spoiled of the two, although she never realised it.

She traveled around quite a bit with her parents and other superhero groups whenever they went out of state or our of the country to counter major threats where she mostly did search and rescue, being too young and not strong enough to actually assist in the fighting. She never resented that; she'd always been taught that being a hero meant saving people, not simply stopping the bad guy, and she was rather good at search and rescue. She even saved one or two famous heroes once or twice, getting on the news and becoming a bit of a local celebrity. She couldn't go for a day or two without someone asking her for a photo as her identity was quite public, and she often attracted small groups of fans whenever she went out.

She never really realised that Jess was pulling away from her or her family, nor that she was the reason why; she was too distracted, too busy trying to keep up with grades and PR stunts and actual hero-ing. She began to lose sleep, and her social life, already limited, collapsed in on itself over the pressure to try and keep everything together and running smoothly. Attending The Academy sounded like a great excuse to get away from all that, a place where she could relax and, well, not have to worry about quite as many things, although she justified it as 'training to be a better hero, since I've done all I can alone'. Her parents accepted her excuse, and off she went.

Skills: Mariam is quite a good fighter, both with her axes and her combo grappling hook-harpoon gun, although she favours hit and run tactics, using her speed. She's also gotten quite creative with her power, using it as a very bad form of fighting precog although she rarely uses it as such.
Flaws: Calling her headstrong and brash would be an understatement. She’s more likely to charge in without thinking than even considering strategy or tactics, relying on that she has a ‘get out of jail free’ card of sorts in the combination of her speed and route-plotting.

Additional Info: Nope.

WIP bar for the bio, which I'll start on in a bit.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:47 pm

accepted

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:56 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:accepted

*peeks head out of her internet hole*

Roommate?

SC #307

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:10 pm

Auphelia wrote:
The Cyberiad Council wrote:accepted

*peeks head out of her internet hole*

Roommate?

Apparently so.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Auphelia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Auphelia » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:12 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Apparently so.

Well hello there.

Our room is the one at the end of the hall, you can't miss it.

SC #307

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:18 pm

Name: Finley MacLeod
Alias: Trifecta
Appearance:

Build: 5'11, 154 lbs
Sexual orientation: Straight*

Powers: Finley's powers change based on his current form/emotional state. As the Jack, he receives increased energy and will be in an almost euphoric state where just about nothing can get him down, like he's on drugs. In the Knight state, he has a much reduced sensitivity to pain and gains strength and durability. This state is suited for combat, especially melee or close combat. As the King, he'll have increased intelligence, will have a higher level of observance, and will gain a sense for strategy and tactics.

Drawbacks and Limitations: Finley can only use one of these states at a time and he can't switch between them at will. They're partially based on his emotional state and sometimes they come and go on their own without him doing anything. Also, he has a variety of skills through all three of his states, but doesn't have any one talent that's very strong when compared to other metahumans. He's well rounded but doesn't excel in one thing, specifically.

Equipment: He carries a longsword that he mostly uses in his Knight form, and a flute that he plays in his Jack form.

Personality: You could say that Finley has three different personalities. As the Jack, he's playful and energetic, often cracking jokes and acting sociably. As the Knight, he's a bit more aggressive and on edge, prepared for a fight at all times. This is the most dangerous state. As the King, he has cunning instincts and plans every move carefully, as if he was a master tactician. The personality changes make him rather erratic and unstable.

Nationality: Chinese
Hometown: Hong Kong

Bio: Born to Scots-Irish parents in Hong Kong, Finley was never quite normal. He stood out compared to the majority of the city's population, even amongst the other foreigners. Because it's not that often that you see a Scottish kid in Hong Kong, a Chinese city with an English presence. But he was pretty smart growing up, despite struggling with the language early on and being different from the neighbors culturally. Finley was quite the inquisitive child and that continued into his teenage years when he began to study metahumans, doing everything he could to learn about them and observe them in person whenever possible while taking notes.

He became known as his school's metahuman expert, and so, knowing about his interest, someone gave him a cursed pack of playing cards that supposedly created a metahuman out of whoever used them. And well, they did. Except not in the way that Finley hoped. All three of the face cards in the deck cursed him, splitting his personality into three and melding it in their image. Soon, he wasn't really one person... But three, all with their own interests, personalities, and preferred groups of friends. He lived like this for a couple of years, managing to hide it for a bit, but it was harder and harder to explain to his parents and eventually they realized that something was wrong with their son, eventually sending him to a school with other metahumans in hopes that he could learn to control himself better.

Skills: Finley's skills reflect each of his states and each one has a skill that reflects its state. The Jack has youthful energy, the King has planning ability, and the Knight is a strong fighter.
Flaws: Finley can't switch between the states at will, and each one having its own personality has affected his life. It's like three different people sharing the same body, and nearly impossible to manage at times.

Aditional Info: N/A
don't tread on me

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse