NATION

PASSWORD

Termination Squad [OOC|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Termination Squad [OOC|Open]

Postby Anarakdos » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:17 am

Termination Squad

May, 2015: Some call it the Junction, others the Shift. History books refer to it as the Month of Change, but for most people it is known as the Month of the Apocalypse. During these thirty-one days, three events occurred that would forever change the history of the human race.

The first of these took place on the first day of the month. This day marks the first known outbreak of the Metaphysical Attribute-Modifying Virus, colloquially known as the Meta Virus. While most of humanity was, and is, immune to this disease, the changes that affect those who aren't were nothing like anything the world had seen before. Some sprouted massive wings, others gained the ability to emit radiation, still more grew massive fangs and claws; the list of powers granted is endless and the symptoms left the hosts nothing short of superhuman. The disease spread quickly across the world, due to many who were contaminated without suffering the symptoms. Governments were left stunned, and the month had only begun.

On the Eighteenth of May, the second world-shattering event occurred. Magic returned, with effects that hadn't been seen for centuries. Up till this point, practitioners of magic had kept their abilities secret, although most of them could only manage a few basic cantrips. Suddenly, they had access to powers that they had never dreamed of. The following days were marked with massive natural disasters and hordes of otherdimensional creatures.

Finally on the last day of the month, the event that saved humanity from destruction transpired. An alien ship crashed in the frozen wastes of Siberia. While the propulsion system had detonated, taking most of the alien technology with it, enough remained to massively strengthen any nation's military capabilities. Recognizing that this hardware as the only thing that could match the Metas and Mages, the UN quickly spread blueprints and technology to every member nation, so that they could create warriors to control the threat.

The Isolation: The following two years were marked by a nearly universal event of isolation. Most countries sealed the borders, preventing anything from entering or exiting, and began a campaign to contain (and sometimes exterminate) Metas and Mages. While the official records state that all peaceful "otherworldly elements" were checked upon, recorded, marked and left to their own devices, many were taken away for interrogation and experimentation, and many more were placed in containment camps, forced to live in horrible conditions with brutal and fearful guards.

Globalization: May 1st, 2017 is now known to history as Globe Day. Globe Day celebrates the establishment of the new UN, an organisation which counts every nation in the world as its member. While the current peace will likely not last long, the ever-present fear of a new outbreak of one of the "threats" is enough to keep every country willing to cooperate for now. Through the UN, recovery has taken place at a remarkable pace, especially due to the efforts of Humanity Squad, a team of Metas, Mages and Machinists dedicated to helping any and every recovery effort.

Termination Squad: Recently, however, the UN has received more and more reports of "otherworldly elements" that managed to survive the great purges. As a response to these troubling messages, the UN has constructed a new squad of powered humans. Unlike Humanity Squad, this team's members are not shining paragons of virtue. If anything, they are the opposite. Their job is to deal with "otherworldly elements", covertly and brutally. This a not a team of superheroes. This is a team of soldiers. This is a team of killers. This is Termination Squad.

Welcome, to Termination Squad. This is my attempt to make a superhuman RP that takes the traditional idea of the genre and takes it in a new direction. You will play as a squad of highly trained, powered killers. I'm not planning to go overboard with darkness (*cough cough* Nineties) but this is not the place for the traditional idealistic superhero. Additionally, this is going to be a three act story, and each act will be fairly different in terms of what happens.

Power Classes:
Meta: This term refers to anyone infected with the Meta Virus. The range of powers granted by these powers are basically unlimited, with the following limitations: No god-tier powers (i.e. invulnerability), no magic powers (those are limited to mages, which also means no summoning) and no powers that directly affect technology (Note that you can have powers that affect artificial materials, electricity and metal, just nothing like interfacing with computers.)

Mage: This term refers to anyone with magical powers. I've intentionally left the spectrum of magic fairly undefined, to allow more wiggle room for players, but basically the difference between Meta and Magic is that Meta powers come from a person, where as magic comes from tapping into magical energy and using spells to convert that energy into something useful. Notes: Mages can summon extradimensional creatures, as long as they aren't too powerful. Mages have a range of five to fifteen spells. (I can and possibly will change this section.)

Mechanists: This term refers to anyone equipped with technology adapted from the alien ship. While most Mechanists are cyborgs, Mechanist can also refer to humans who use alien technology and armor. For an idea of the alien's tech level, refer to Aliens humanity. (Again, leaving a lot intentionally undefined for more wiggle room. Considering that all technology is adapted from the alien tech, weapon, armor and cybernetics designs and capabilities can vary wildly.)

Rules: For the most part, I'm going to trust player judgement, but there are still a few rules that I'd like people to follow.
1. I am OP, my word is god. (Hopefully this is fairly obvious.)
2. Don't godmod, metagame etc.
3. If you have an argument with another player, take it to TGs.
4. No one-liners and try to keep posts at least two paragraphs long. Please try to post in third person, past tense.
5. Remember the enter button. (Paragraphs!)
6. Player death will happen if: a) you're inactive for at least a week. b) you break the rules thrice. c) you do too many stupid things in too quick a succession.
7. You get three apps, if they're all denied than I won't bother looking if you make any more.
8. Don't post unfinished apps!
9. This is a military squad, which means it's fairly small, which means I can only accept so many apps, which means I'll be more critical, which means don't complain if you're denied, make a better app.
10. Not exactly a rule, but if you have any ideas, please post them here or TG them to me! I will consider any idea I get.

APPS:
Code: Select all
Character Name:
Appearance: (photo or description, but a photo would be better)
Country of Origin: (Remember, there are a lot of countries in the world, so don't just reuse the same ones.)
Role: (i.e. Heavy Weapons, Recon, Infiltration, Support)
Power Class: (Meta, Mage or Machinist)
Powers: (Be creative.)
Equipment: (The squad is bring your own weapon. Unless you're really confident in your chars abilities, you should bring a good gun.)
Personality: (Again, be creative, but unlike with powers I almost certainly won't accept chars with uncreative personalities. These are real people, with real personalities.)
Bio: (As long as you wish, but be warned that the bio is probably what will make or break an app.)
Last edited by Anarakdos on Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm always looking for feedback about my RP skills. If you have any comments or criticisms, feel free to TG me.

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:18 am

DOSSIERS: This is where accepted apps and the dossiers of important NPCs will be stored
Character Name: The Grey Man
Appearance: Image
Country of Origin:[Classified]
Role: [Classified]
Power Class: [Classified]
Powers: [Classified
Equipment: [Classified]
Personality: [Classified]
Bio: [Classified]

Character Name: Cat Aimoc
Appearance: Image
Country of Origin: USA
Role: Team Administrator, Combat Advisor
Power Class: N/A
Powers: [Classified]
Equipment: [Classified]
Personality: Cat is the perfect personification of a tomboy. Roguish, yet still charming, Cat is easy to set off, and she keeps grudges for a long time. While her combat advice is generally focused on a strong offence, she’s still extremely skilled with tactics. Despite her personality, however, she still values order over chaos, and believes that what she’s doing is right.
Bio: [Classified]

Character Name: Beth Cavendish

Appearance:

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Role: Recon
Power Class: Mage
Powers:
Energy Blasts: The ability to convert the magical energy in the environment into powerful, focused bolts of pure energy. Due to the high amounts of magic this requires from the atmosphere powerful bolts quickly deplete Beth's store of available magic, meaning that for long campaigns the potency of this power must be kept at a low to medium strength.

Increased Strength: Grants Beth the ability to saturate her muscles with magic, temporarily boosting strength and speed. The results last for a few minutes before the magic diffuses out of her body, and without rest the body becomes more resistant to magical absorption. Therefore must be used sparingly and strategically.

Shadow Imp: Allows Beth to summon a Shadow Imp, a minor demon which utilises shadows for it's offensive abilities. Due to it's incredible speed and quick strike attacks it is an effective method for quick scattering of groups.

Extrasensory: Allows Beth to project her hearing and sight over distances, allowing her to scan her environment. However, once this spell is used, Beth is unable to move or sense the world around were she is situated. Therefore location is everything when planning on using this spell.

Imprint Reading: As magic in the environment saturates an object it begins to record information about that item's history. Beth can read these disturbances to pick up a rough history of information from objects she works this spell on. However certain objects are more susceptible to this than others.

Equipment: SA80 rifle, Glock pistol and combat knife.

Personality: Beth is a contradiction of character. Her mind is brittle and hard, judging others harshly and leaving little room for excuses. This has left her rather alone in the world, finding it hard to make friends or make lasting relationships due to her inability to trust people. As if to make up for this people are rather surprised at outgoing personality, being the kind of person that drinks too much, fights too hard and beds to freely. These excesses of emotion and life are products of trying to block out the dark demons of her past. While naturally suspicious of people's intentions, those who do earn Beth's trust will find her extremely loyal.

Bio:
[From Beth's POV]

Love. How it is idolised in our world, every book you pick up, every movie you see, every time you switch on the TV it is there. Humanity is in love with love. Every form is revered, a parents love, the love of a man and a woman, the love of friendship, the love of your country, oh how we bow down to it's power.

Yet why do we never acknowledge how harmful it can be? I've seen what a love of drugs can do to people, twisting them to shades of humanity leaving them wretched and vile, married to their addiction. Almost always they are married till death do them part.

Perhaps I'm just cynical, what would I know of love? I have never felt it, no one has loved me. I have never felt the loving hand of a mother caress my cheek, the gruff affection of a father as he hugs his daughter. No, love is a treasure that has I have been denied. My parents rejected such petty past times as loving there child for the cold but so sweet embrace of chemicals running through their bloodstreams.

No-one noticed me leave the house, so I was granted a certain freedom in my despair. To roam the cracked streets of London and hear the sounds and see the sights of the city of a thousand cultures helped broaden the mind and entice the body. Eventually as I grew I managed to leave the my parents den, their festering pit of addiction and sloth.

My mother looked confused as I left, almost sad. I think perhaps the ghost of the woman she had been felt some form of sorrow, reflected in sunken, sallow eyes. I wouldn't know, I never saw them again. No, life was getting better for me. I had found a part-time job, rented a small apartment and even managed to attend a few classes.

Then the Month of the Apocalypse happened.

Anarchy took over the streets, chaos reigned over the city as order broke down. Yet for one so used to walking the streets and never knowing whether I was going to eat that day I found I managed to adapt quite easily. Yet I was not prepared for my magic - discovered the same day I first killed a man.

He had been just another lowlife who had taken the chaos as an excuse to get away with more than he would normally do, I remember his hand clamping around my throat - the intent clear in his eyes as he slammed me hard against a wall. I managed to bite down hard on his hand, struggle free, feeling the panic build up inside me.

Then everything stopped - for the briefest of moments. I felt a change in the world, a sudden connection that I couldn't believe I had never felt before. It was like an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time. Sparks of blue energy began to dance around my fingers, and closing my eyes I felt the bolt leave. I can still recall perfectly the thick heavy blood running down his face from the newly created crater at the back of his skull, blood's smell of wet tin, and the cold empty eyes staring lifelessly into oblivion.

Once the purges began I began to understand what had occured to me, that magic had returned. It was unfortunate that this was due to the Purges. Yet to one so used to becoming just a face in the crowd, it wasn't too hard to evade them. I didn't cause trouble and didn't invite it upon me.

As the world began to return to order, I began to find sense in the world. My magic grew and me with it. I use this power to defend, humanity will not bend it's knees to these invaders. We shall triumph, I shall fight!

Character Name: Natalya Nikitich
Appearance:
Out of armor
In armor

Country of Origin: Russia
Role: Heavy Weapons
Power Class: Machinist
Powers:
Power Armor: Increases Natalya's strength and endurance through the use of hydraulics. Also lined with dampeners to reduce damage from falls and strikes Resistant to small caliber fire.
Particle Rifle: Hi-powered rifle that fires charged particles at incredible speeds. Capable of massive destruction and penetration. Included on the rifle is a flamethrower fed by a fuel tank on the butt of the rifle.
Equipment: Power Armor, Particle Rifle, Combat Knife
Personality: Natalya is definite doer. She focuses in one one task and sees it through to the end, no matter the cost. She feels that rules often impede her ability to perform and sees no problem in breaking any restriction's that get in her way. However, she respects anyone who can assert their dominance.
Bio:
Personnel Record
Ground Forces of the Russian Federation

Name: Natalya Nikitich Gender: Female Age: 28
Rank: Master-Sergeant Ethnicity: Russian Blood Type: AB Negative
Date of Birth: 23 March, 1989 Place of Birth: Omsk, Omsk Oblast, Soviet Union
Mother: Katrina Nikitich(Trovetsky) Father: Alexander Nikitich
Mother's Occupation: Secondary School Teacher Father's Occupation: Federal Security Service
Education: Omsk State University, Bachelor's of History Military Training: [Redacted]
Current Unit: [Redacted] Current Assignment: [Redacted] Current Location:[Redacted]

10 June, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel Fostevich,

I'll keep this letter brief friend. You asked me to keep an eye out for any recruits suitable for your task group. I have found someone I think you will like, Natalya Nikitich. She is a woman, but you will be impressed by her performance evaluations, which should arrive in a few days. She managed to break several records on the training course and continues to excel. Stay well my friend.

-Colonel Dimitry Kadnikov

After-Action Report

Reporter: Lieutenant Colonel Fostevich
Date of Incident: 8 August, 2008
Conflict: August War
Description of Events: Members of [Redacted] entered Georgian held territory. There they engaged the personal guard of [Redected]. After successfully eliminating enemy resistance, Senior Sergeant Nikitich led her four man team through the compound and captured [Redacted], who was then transported to a secure facility in [Redacted]. In light of Senior Sergeant Nikitich's leadership and skill I, Lieutenant Colonel Fostevich, endorse her for promotion from Senior Sergeant to Master-Sergeant.

Operational Findings
Department of Research and Development
Operation: Conversion
Operation Lifespan: 31 May, 2015 to Ongoing

Our findings have so far been positive. The first two attempts were admittedly failures. After recalculating the chemicals needed to adjust the body, we began a second round of tests. Our third candidate, Master-Sergeant Nikitich, member of [Redacted] has exceeded projected results. Her body has successfully adapted to the chemicals and the strain of the suit. She has also become proficient with the new rifle. We will continue to train with her to improve her abilities and the technology. The technology, though amazing, has been difficult to reverse engineer for a human body. But, the information received from the Master-Sergeant's exams have allowed us to make great strides. We will continue to make regular reports.

-Dr. Pyotr Vasilyev

Transfer Orders
Attention Master-Sergeant Nikitich
Effective immediately you will be transferred from [Redacted] to the United Nations Termination Squad. You are to take the armor and weapon produced during Operation Conversion. You are reminded of the classified nature of your equipment and previous assignments.

-Lieutenant Colonel Fostevich

Character Name
Nathan Fertigkeit Klaus

Appearance:

Country of Origin
[Classified]

Role
Recon/Infiltration/Support/Assassin....Basically anything than involve stab-and-run tactic

Power Class
Mechanics

Powers
-Original power-
• Enhanced Athleticism, Balance, Dexterity, Reflexes, Stamina, and Dagger Skill
Due to his childhood and natural talent, Nathan is a very skilled acrobat and fighter. He has already trained to do some outrageous and amazing stunts from he was a small, little boy, resulting him to completely dangerous when using this lesson in combat. In addition, he also taught how to use daggers and knifes to perform a trick. While it's not lethal when used in a show, Nathan somehow able to turn this trick into a way to kill a person.

-Mechanic power-
• Shocking Effect
This ability enables Nathan to let out a decent amount of electricity right from his feet, particularly when kicking someone. The electricity is enough to make a cyborg to "reboot" for several minutes and make a normal human to fall unconscious, if not dead by the shock. The weakness is that you can only let out the electricity once in a while.

• Wall running
When using his Alien's technology, Nathan able to freely run or walk on top every solid platform, no matter how oddly located it is. The downside of this ability that gravity is still having some control over his body, unlike spider-man who can simply bend his body and stick to the walls, one misstep or losing the momentum can result a pretty bad landing.

• Enhanced speed
This ability enables Nathan to run much faster than regular people, placing him at the same place as the most fastest person on earth. This ability however, is not without any ill. If a person continues to use this power, his/her body can become extremely strained and create more health problem in the future.

Equipment
• Some throwing knife hidden in his torso
• Ti-Lock fighting knife
• 2 Beretta 92, fully equipped with the necessary addition to release some incendiary ammo.
• A "BlackLight Shoes", which is a black colored shoes that created according one of the Alien's technology blueprint.

Personality
• His face completely lacks the ability to convey emotions. He can feel emotions, but he can't express them visibly (ie smiling, laughing, frowning, crying..etc)
• values silence/music over socializing/general noises, but he can keep up conversations nonetheless.
• his lack of expression in face and voice tends to repel others (his face either looks bored or irritated by default)
• has a sharp tongue and is blunt at times
• he understands his flaws. For example, if someone's upset he'd feel the need to comfort them, but he correctly chooses not to do/say anything and just keep them company.
• surprising amount of pride; he doesn't like showing weakness in front of others

Bio
He was born in a renowned circus where his parents were famous clowns. They had very high expectations for him to follow their footsteps and become the best in the act; they even tattooed his cheeks before he could walk. To their utmost disappointment he turned out to be a complete failure - his face is completely void of emotions and his voice barely changes in pitch when he speaks, causing him to seem permanently bored. Ironically, he is gifted in movement (dexterity, agility, flexibility..etc) that are filled with excitement/feelings when acting or dancing, which they find to be a completely waste of talent for someone that will never perform on their stage. Nathan is also good when using the flute, which once again completely ignored by his parents.

The Circus leader however, isn't agree to throw Nathan talents like that. He then gives Nathan a mask and a role as the Trickster. His light hearted, joyful movements/dances and his flute playing, along with the permanently happy mask, can lure in any crowd and any children, where his natural dexterity enables him to pickpocket the audience just by casually skipping past them. His movements are so playful one would never have guessed what his face really looked like under the mask.

Being a Trickster is not what Nathan's parents' dream, but they did show some support for their son. That however, change when the eventful May, 2015 came to their circus and basically make his life a complete ruin. The meta-virus somehow sneaking in into the circus, and even though they only affect afew of the member of the circus, the circus got destroyed and most of the member thrown into the containment camps. Only Nathan left, and he's now alone in this unforgiving world.

But after getting rejected by his own parents since he was born, living alone isn't really a moral-breaker for him. He do depress for some quite of time though, but quickly gathers the rest of his spirit and sharpen his resolve. Ironically, he chooses the line of work that shatter his previous chapter of life into ruins, became another soldier for U.N Army.

After a series of crucial event and battle, his skills and luck quickly recognized by the higher ups. He even trusted to wield an armor that created by using the Alien's technology BlackLight Shoes to aid him, and it did result his works to be more and more perfect. Finally, he gets enough recognition to be recommended to be one of the Humanity squad, before switching to Termination squad due to U.N decision. They explain to him that his talents and skill are perfectly suited for this team, and they right, Nathan DO deliver a smooth work in the Termination Squad.

Nathan, who once throw knives and jump from one side to another to attract viewers and their money, now throwing knife and jump from one side to another to save the world from the impending danger that can harm the world as we know it.

Other
-Pet-
• Anna (the bunny) •
She's born crippled and can barely walk/hop more than a minute at a time. That plus her odd shape, and her abnormal colours/blue gradients resulted in her being abandoned by the circus also, but Nathan took her in in secret to raise her. Very attached/clingy to Nathan.
Last edited by Anarakdos on Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I'm always looking for feedback about my RP skills. If you have any comments or criticisms, feel free to TG me.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 04, 2011
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:03 pm

Quick question before I make an app(s)

When you say "you get three apps" could I make up to three characters or does it mean I get three chances to create one character?
Last edited by The Blazing Aura on Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jormengand wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:aah f***

Nice 3000'th post.

that just makes it better.

Keep it alive!

Izzyshipper
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Character Name: Beth Cavendish

Appearance:

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Role: Recon
Power Class: Mage
Powers:
Energy Blasts: The ability to convert the magical energy in the environment into powerful, focused bolts of pure energy. Due to the high amounts of magic this requires from the atmosphere powerful bolts quickly deplete Beth's store of available magic, meaning that for long campaigns the potency of this power must be kept at a low to medium strength.

Increased Strength: Grants Beth the ability to saturate her muscles with magic, temporarily boosting strength and speed. The results last for a few minutes before the magic diffuses out of her body, and without rest the body becomes more resistant to magical absorption. Therefore must be used sparingly and strategically.

Shadow Imp: Allows Beth to summon a Shadow Imp, a minor demon which utilises shadows for it's offensive abilities. Due to it's incredible speed and quick strike attacks it is an effective method for quick scattering of groups.

Extrasensory: Allows Beth to project her hearing and sight over distances, allowing her to scan her environment. However, once this spell is used, Beth is unable to move or sense the world around were she is situated. Therefore location is everything when planning on using this spell.

Imprint Reading: As magic in the environment saturates an object it begins to record information about that item's history. Beth can read these disturbances to pick up a rough history of information from objects she works this spell on. However certain objects are more susceptible to this than others.

Equipment: SA80 rifle, Glock pistol and combat knife.

Personality: Beth is a contradiction of character. Her mind is brittle and hard, judging others harshly and leaving little room for excuses. This has left her rather alone in the world, finding it hard to make friends or make lasting relationships due to her inability to trust people. As if to make up for this people are rather surprised at outgoing personality, being the kind of person that drinks too much, fights too hard and beds to freely. These excesses of emotion and life are products of trying to block out the dark demons of her past. While naturally suspicious of people's intentions, those who do earn Beth's trust will find her extremely loyal.

Bio:
[From Beth's POV]

Love. How it is idolised in our world, every book you pick up, every movie you see, every time you switch on the TV it is there. Humanity is in love with love. Every form is revered, a parents love, the love of a man and a woman, the love of friendship, the love of your country, oh how we bow down to it's power.

Yet why do we never acknowledge how harmful it can be? I've seen what a love of drugs can do to people, twisting them to shades of humanity leaving them wretched and vile, married to their addiction. Almost always they are married till death do them part.

Perhaps I'm just cynical, what would I know of love? I have never felt it, no one has loved me. I have never felt the loving hand of a mother caress my cheek, the gruff affection of a father as he hugs his daughter. No, love is a treasure that has I have been denied. My parents rejected such petty past times as loving there child for the cold but so sweet embrace of chemicals running through their bloodstreams.

No-one noticed me leave the house, so I was granted a certain freedom in my despair. To roam the cracked streets of London and hear the sounds and see the sights of the city of a thousand cultures helped broaden the mind and entice the body. Eventually as I grew I managed to leave the my parents den, their festering pit of addiction and sloth.

My mother looked confused as I left, almost sad. I think perhaps the ghost of the woman she had been felt some form of sorrow, reflected in sunken, sallow eyes. I wouldn't know, I never saw them again. No, life was getting better for me. I had found a part-time job, rented a small apartment and even managed to attend a few classes.

Then the Month of the Apocalypse happened.

Anarchy took over the streets, chaos reigned over the city as order broke down. Yet for one so used to walking the streets and never knowing whether I was going to eat that day I found I managed to adapt quite easily. Yet I was not prepared for my magic - discovered the same day I first killed a man.

He had been just another lowlife who had taken the chaos as an excuse to get away with more than he would normally do, I remember his hand clamping around my throat - the intent clear in his eyes as he slammed me hard against a wall. I managed to bite down hard on his hand, struggle free, feeling the panic build up inside me.

Then everything stopped - for the briefest of moments. I felt a change in the world, a sudden connection that I couldn't believe I had never felt before. It was like an old friend I hadn't seen in a long time. Sparks of blue energy began to dance around my fingers, and closing my eyes I felt the bolt leave. I can still recall perfectly the thick heavy blood running down his face from the newly created crater at the back of his skull, blood's smell of wet tin, and the cold empty eyes staring lifelessly into oblivion.

Once the purges began I began to understand what had occured to me, that magic had returned. It was unfortunate that this was due to the Purges. Yet to one so used to becoming just a face in the crowd, it wasn't too hard to evade them. I didn't cause trouble and didn't invite it upon me.

As the world began to return to order, I began to find sense in the world. My magic grew and me with it. I use this power to defend, humanity will not bend it's knees to these invaders. We shall triumph, I shall fight!
Last edited by Izzyshipper on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Female |I use UK Spelling

Wise princes avoid as much as they can being in other men's power - Niccolò Machiavelli

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:42 am

The Blazing Aura wrote:Quick question before I make an app(s)

When you say "you get three apps" could I make up to three characters or does it mean I get three chances to create one character?

The latter. One character per person for now.
Izzyshipper wrote:-snip-

Looks good. The only thing I'd ask is that you add a bit about how Beth managed to survive/avoid the purges (which can be something as simple as "The authorities didn't bother me and I didn't bother them."). As soon as you do that, ACCEPTED

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:45 am

Tagging and reserving a spot, if we're doing that
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:50 am

Illan wrote:Tagging and reserving a spot, if we're doing that

Sounds good.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:28 am

Anarakdos wrote:
The Blazing Aura wrote:Quick question before I make an app(s)

The latter. One character per person for now.

Cool, I'll get an app up either tonight or tomorrow
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

Izzyshipper
Minister

Founded: Jun 12, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Izzyshipper » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:52 pm

Changes made as requested :)
Female |I use UK Spelling

Wise princes avoid as much as they can being in other men's power - Niccolò Machiavelli

Government- Monarchy
Ruler - Queen Sophia I
Demonym - Izzyerian

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:47 pm

just realized a problem with the app, in the Power Class bit you've got Meta, Mage or Mutant instead of Meta, Mage or Mechanist
Last edited by The Blazing Aura on Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:54 am

The Blazing Aura wrote:just realized a problem with the app, in the Power Class bit you've got Meta, Mae or Mutant instead of Meta, Mage or Mechanist

Derp. Fixed it.

The Blazing Aura
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby The Blazing Aura » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:22 am

I know I said that I should have the app up by now, but because I'm using a character with some more of the 'common' superpowers (ie flight, although she does need wings to do it) I'm trying to make the bio and personality that bit better and more detailed to make up for it (and find a decent image). Thus the app will be up at some point over the weekend, sorry for the delay.
Jormengand wrote:

Nice 3000'th post.

Keep it alive!

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:58 am

The Blazing Aura wrote:I know I said that I should have the app up by now, but because I'm using a character with some more of the 'common' superpowers (ie flight, although she does need wings to do it) I'm trying to make the bio and personality that bit better and more detailed to make up for it (and find a decent image). Thus the app will be up at some point over the weekend, sorry for the delay.

It's fine.

New Babylonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby New Babylonia » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:19 pm

App later hopefully.
The power of self is unlimited and ultimate, an unending wave of pure energy and being that could never be stopped, apart from time and forever ingrained into the fabrics of all being, this is the truth of Korrelian Existentialism.

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧
Pronouns? Just use whatever, it's all the same to me :P
You will always have your friends, with your friends, you will never be alone. There will always be a light. Friendship is Magic, its the magic that brings the most glimmering lights of hope to the darkest of worlds. And as long as you have it, you will never have to be afraid of the dark. - Me, New Babylonia ^^

Calces millia
Diplomat

Founded: May 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Calces millia » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:29 pm

Tag for later app
"Let me get this straight, you think surrendering, and offering yourself will stop the war? How arrogant. The life of each human is worth one, that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less."
- FMA: Brotherhood

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many.
Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations."

Calces millia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Calces millia » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Character Name
Nathan Fertigkeit Klaus

Appearance:

Country of Origin
[Classified]

Role
Recon/Infiltration/Support/Assassin....Basically anything than involve stab-and-run tactic

Power Class
Mechanics

Powers
-Original power-
• Enhanced Athleticism, Balance, Dexterity, Reflexes, Stamina, and Dagger Skill
Due to his childhood and natural talent, Nathan is a very skilled acrobat and fighter. He has already trained to do some outrageous and amazing stunts from he was a small, little boy, resulting him to completely dangerous when using this lesson in combat. In addition, he also taught how to use daggers and knifes to perform a trick. While it's not lethal when used in a show, Nathan somehow able to turn this trick into a way to kill a person.

-Mechanic power-
• Shocking Effect
This ability enables Nathan to let out a decent amount of electricity right from his feet, particularly when kicking someone. The electricity is enough to make a cyborg to "reboot" for several minutes and make a normal human to fall unconscious, if not dead by the shock. The weakness is that you can only let out the electricity once in a while.

• Wall running
When using his Alien's technology, Nathan able to freely run or walk on top every solid platform, no matter how oddly located it is. The downside of this ability that gravity is still having some control over his body, unlike spider-man who can simply bend his body and stick to the walls, one misstep or losing the momentum can result a pretty bad landing.

• Enhanced speed
This ability enables Nathan to run much faster than regular people, placing him at the same place as the most fastest person on earth. This ability however, is not without any ill. If a person continues to use this power, his/her body can become extremely strained and create more health problem in the future.

Equipment
• Some throwing knife hidden in his torso
• Ti-Lock fighting knife
• 2 Beretta 92, fully equipped with the necessary addition to release some incendiary ammo.
• A "BlackLight Shoes", which is a black colored shoes that created according one of the Alien's technology blueprint.

Personality
• His face completely lacks the ability to convey emotions. He can feel emotions, but he can't express them visibly (ie smiling, laughing, frowning, crying..etc)
• values silence/music over socializing/general noises, but he can keep up conversations nonetheless.
• his lack of expression in face and voice tends to repel others (his face either looks bored or irritated by default)
• has a sharp tongue and is blunt at times
• he understands his flaws. For example, if someone's upset he'd feel the need to comfort them, but he correctly chooses not to do/say anything and just keep them company.
• surprising amount of pride; he doesn't like showing weakness in front of others

Bio
He was born in a renowned circus where his parents were famous clowns. They had very high expectations for him to follow their footsteps and become the best in the act; they even tattooed his cheeks before he could walk. To their utmost disappointment he turned out to be a complete failure - his face is completely void of emotions and his voice barely changes in pitch when he speaks, causing him to seem permanently bored. Ironically, he is gifted in movement (dexterity, agility, flexibility..etc) that are filled with excitement/feelings when acting or dancing, which they find to be a completely waste of talent for someone that will never perform on their stage. Nathan is also good when using the flute, which once again completely ignored by his parents.

The Circus leader however, isn't agree to throw Nathan talents like that. He then gives Nathan a mask and a role as the Trickster. His light hearted, joyful movements/dances and his flute playing, along with the permanently happy mask, can lure in any crowd and any children, where his natural dexterity enables him to pickpocket the audience just by casually skipping past them. His movements are so playful one would never have guessed what his face really looked like under the mask.

Being a Trickster is not what Nathan's parents' dream, but they did show some support for their son. That however, change when the eventful May, 2015 came to their circus and basically make his life a complete ruin. The meta-virus somehow sneaking in into the circus, and even though they only affect afew of the member of the circus, the circus got destroyed and most of the member thrown into the containment camps. Only Nathan left, and he's now alone in this unforgiving world.

But after getting rejected by his own parents since he was born, living alone isn't really a moral-breaker for him. He do depress for some quite of time though, but quickly gathers the rest of his spirit and sharpen his resolve. Ironically, he chooses the line of work that shatter his previous chapter of life into ruins, became another soldier for U.N Army.

After a series of crucial event and battle, his skills and luck quickly recognized by the higher ups. He even trusted to wield an armor that created by using the Alien's technology BlackLight Shoes to aid him, and it did result his works to be more and more perfect. Finally, he gets enough recognition to be recommended to be one of the Humanity squad, before switching to Termination squad due to U.N decision. They explain to him that his talents and skill are perfectly suited for this team, and they right, Nathan DO deliver a smooth work in the Termination Squad.

Nathan, who once throw knives and jump from one side to another to attract viewers and their money, now throwing knife and jump from one side to another to save the world from the impending danger that can harm the world as we know it.

Other
-Pet-
• Anna (the bunny) •
She's born crippled and can barely walk/hop more than a minute at a time. That plus her odd shape, and her abnormal colours/blue gradients resulted in her being abandoned by the circus also, but Nathan took her in in secret to raise her. Very attached/clingy to Nathan.
Last edited by Calces millia on Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Let me get this straight, you think surrendering, and offering yourself will stop the war? How arrogant. The life of each human is worth one, that’s it. Nothing more, nothing less."

Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books.
Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations."

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:12 pm

Interesting. Reserve a spot for me if possible.
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:58 pm

Character Name: Natalya Nikitich
Appearance:
Out of armor
In armor

Country of Origin: Russia
Role: Heavy Weapons
Power Class: Machinist
Powers:
Power Armor: Increases Natalya's strength and endurance through the use of hydraulics. Also lined with dampeners to reduce damage from falls and strikes Resistant to small caliber fire.
Particle Rifle: Hi-powered rifle that fires charged particles at incredible speeds. Capable of massive destruction and penetration. Included on the rifle is a flamethrower fed by a fuel tank on the butt of the rifle.
Equipment: Power Armor, Particle Rifle, Combat Knife
Personality: Natalya is definite doer. She focuses in one one task and sees it through to the end, no matter the cost. She feels that rules often impede her ability to perform and sees no problem in breaking any restriction's that get in her way. However, she respects anyone who can assert their dominance.
Bio:
Personnel Record

Name: Natalya Nikitich Gender: Female Age: 28
Rank: Master-Sergeant Ethnicity: Russian Blood Type: AB Negative
Date of Birth: 23 March, 1989 Place of Birth: Omsk, Omsk Oblast, Soviet Union
Mother: Katrina Nikitich(Trovetsky) Father: Alexander Nikitich
Mother's Occupation: Secondary School Teacher Father's Occupation: Federal Security Service
Education: Omsk State University, Bachelor's of History Military Training: [Redacted]
Current Unit: [Redacted] Current Assignment: [Redacted] Current Location:[Redacted]

10 June, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel Fostevich,

I'll keep this letter brief friend. You asked me to keep an eye out for any recruits suitable for your task group. I have found someone I think you will like, Natalya Nikitich. She is a woman, but you will be impressed by her performance evaluations, which should arrive in a few days. She managed to break several records on the training course and continues to excel. Stay well my friend.

-Colonel Dimitry Kadnikov

After-Action Report

Reporter: Lieutenant Colonel Fostevich
Date of Incident: 8 August, 2008
Conflict: August War
Description of Events: Members of [Redacted] entered Georgian held territory. There they engaged the personal guard of [Redected]. After successfully eliminating enemy resistance, Senior Sergeant Nikitich led her four man team through the compound and captured [Redacted], who was then transported to a secure facility in [Redacted]. In light of Senior Sergeant Nikitich's leadership and skill I, Lieutenant Colonel Fostevich, endorse her for promotion from Senior Sergeant to Master-Sergeant.

Operational Findings
Department of Research and Development
Operation: Conversion
Operation Lifespan: 31 May, 2015 to Ongoing

Our findings have so far been positive. The first two attempts were admittedly failures. After recalculating the chemicals needed to adjust the body, we began a second round of tests. Our third candidate, Master-Sergeant Nikitich, member of [Redacted] has exceeded projected results. Her body has successfully adapted to the chemicals and the strain of the suit. She has also become proficient with the new rifle. We will continue to train with her to improve her abilities and the technology. The technology, though amazing, has been difficult to reverse engineer for a human body. But, the information received from the Master-Sergeant's exams have allowed us to make great strides. We will continue to make regular reports.

-Dr. Pyotr Vasilyev

Transfer Orders
Attention Master-Sergeant Nikitich
Effective immediately you will be transferred from [Redacted] to the United Nations Termination Squad. You are to take the armor and weapon produced during Operation Conversion. You are reminded of the classified nature of your equipment and previous assignments.

-Lieutenant Colonel Fostevich

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:32 am

Calces millia wrote:-snip-

Alright, I've got a few things. The character is good, but first of all, please don't put [Classified] in your bio. Obviously you couldn't have known that, so it's not your fault, but that's something I'm reserving for myself solely to avoid spoilers. Second of all, keep in mind that any pet he has won't be very major (at least in the first act). This a military squad, animals aren't allowed on missions. Thirdly, the grammar in this App...isn't very good. Considering that the character is interesting, if you make the other changes and TG me a (good) RP sample, then this character will probably be accepted.

Phalnia wrote:-snip-

Looks good. I was hoping to get at least one powered armor soldier. Considering, however, that the bio and personality are on the short side, please TG me a RP sample. Assuming that that's fine, ACCEPTED

Calces millia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Calces millia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:48 am

Anarakdos wrote:

Alright, I've got a few things. The character is good, but first of all, please don't put [Classified] in your bio. Obviously you couldn't have known that, so it's not your fault, but that's something I'm reserving for myself solely to avoid spoilers. Second of all, keep in mind that any pet he has won't be very major (at least in the first act). This a military squad, animals aren't allowed on missions. Thirdly, the grammar in this App...isn't very good. Considering that the character is interesting, if you make the other changes and TG me a (good) RP sample, then this character will probably be accepted.

1. The [Classified] will go away from my bio. Thanks for the information.
2. I know, it's just another miscellaneous thing that suddenly came up in my brain, not like it's really important.
3. I'm sorry for the grammar. I know that my grammar isn't really the best, but I'm trying to decrease the amount of grammar mistake in my post each time I post an app or in IC, so once again, sorry.

My RP sample #1 / My RP sample #2 / My RP sample #3

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:26 am

Calces millia wrote:
Anarakdos wrote:Alright, I've got a few things. The character is good, but first of all, please don't put [Classified] in your bio. Obviously you couldn't have known that, so it's not your fault, but that's something I'm reserving for myself solely to avoid spoilers. Second of all, keep in mind that any pet he has won't be very major (at least in the first act). This a military squad, animals aren't allowed on missions. Thirdly, the grammar in this App...isn't very good. Considering that the character is interesting, if you make the other changes and TG me a (good) RP sample, then this character will probably be accepted.

1. The [Classified] will go away from my bio. Thanks for the information.
2. I know, it's just another miscellaneous thing that suddenly came up in my brain, not like it's really important.
3. I'm sorry for the grammar. I know that my grammar isn't really the best, but I'm trying to decrease the amount of grammar mistake in my post each time I post an app or in IC, so once again, sorry.

My RP sample #1 / My RP sample #2 / My RP sample #3

The samples look good, but please try to post (at least here) in past tense, if you can. Otherwise, just waiting on the edit.

Prusslandia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Prusslandia » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:11 am

Is elemental control a meta or mage ability ?
Add 7000 to 8000 posts to my post count.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I’m back owo

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:09 am

Prusslandia wrote:Is elemental control a meta or mage ability ?

More likely to be Mage, but could be Meta, depends on exactly what kind of elemental control you mean.

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 am

Alright, one last thing that I missed last time, what exactly are the "BlackLight Shoes"? In his equipment you state that they're shoes, in the bio you state that he has armor based off the "BlackLight Shoes". Also, again something I guess I should have clarified, Humanity Squad is really just a figurehead. They do diplomacy and some menial work, but no fighting, so it wouldn't make much sense for people to transfer from there to Termination Squad. Anyways, the members of Termination Squad are supposed to be unknowns, which means, for future reference, NO CHARACTERS WERE IN HUMANITY SQUAD.

Besides this, the edits look..fine. ACCEPTED ON PROBATION Your char is accepted, but I'll be paying extra-close attention to your IC posts. Keep in mind: post in past tense, not in present tense.

Anarakdos
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Anarakdos » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:20 pm

Quick status update: (clearly not a bump)
I'll get the IC up either when we get two to three more apps or at the end of the week, whichever comes sooner.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse