NATION

PASSWORD

TERRAEN NEWS NETWORK (DON'T COMMENT WITHOUT PERMISSION)

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

TERRAEN NEWS NETWORK (DON'T COMMENT WITHOUT PERMISSION)

Postby Populi-Terrae » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Welcome to the official forum page of the Terraen News Network, one of the many media outlets from the Democratic States of Populi-Terrae, with the sole mission of presenting Terraen news and points of view to the world.

Last edited by Populi-Terrae on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
We are a free and democratic nation. Right now, we're MT. But we're getting close to becoming PMT.

The animal on our flag is a lion, not a dog.

You may use NS stats. (except for the income tax and income equality)

Terraen Radio Broadcasting: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407688&hilit=terraen (Sign ups-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407818&sid=38747f80d1c4bbd3b93653970f69e0a7)

If you want to RP with me or judge my nation, just telegram me.
Terraen News Network:Police take custody of infant of teenage parents soon after birth|Scientists announce ethanol-free alcohol|President Hayo opens doors to Supreme Authority refugees|Historian criticized after 'Revolutionaries murdered children and mothers' comment

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

President Inguo Hayo formally re-inaugurated

Postby Populi-Terrae » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:19 pm

Inguo Hayo has been formally re-inaugurated as the President of the Democratic States of Populi-Terrae after winning a overwhelming majority in this year's presidential election. The inauguaration was attended by well over ten thousand Terraens, with only a few protesters disrupting the festivities.

After taking the oath of office, President Hayo addressed the nation.

"My people, you have made your voices heard.

I have worked tirelessly to improve the quality of life for our people. Populi-Terrae is now a economic paradise, where all can spend their money as they choose. But our work is not done. I have difficulty believing that it can ever be done.

There is enormous income inequality between the proletariat and the bourgeoisie. We will work to limit the inequality, a strenuous task that will take years to complete.

The crime-rate will stay down. We will accomplish this by giving the legal constabularies powers to stop crime in it’s tracks. The infringement of civil rights will be minimal. Freiheit will not become Marseilles.

We must not become divided, we must become united. The world is bereft of any common sense or compassion. That world ends with Populi-Terrae. Our country’s slogan is not a mere statement. It is the embodiment of everything that our nation must become in order to retain our morality and dedication to the preservation of human goodness in this world.

What does Populi-Terrae mean? It is Latin for ‘people’s land’ as in this land is meant to be governed by representatives on behalf of the people. That is exactly what we will do. We will govern this land with the consent of the governed and with their best interests in mind.

No one understands the struggles of day-to-day society as I do. I have made it clear that I am for the people, for everyone who lives underneath our flag. And I promise you: You will not be abandoned.

The speech was met with applause from nearly everyone in the crowd as the President shook the hands of the presumed prospective candidates for his Cabinet.
We are a free and democratic nation. Right now, we're MT. But we're getting close to becoming PMT.

Terraen Radio Broadcasting: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407688&hilit=terraen (Sign ups-https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407818&sid=38747f80d1c4bbd3b93653970f69e0a7)

Terraen News Network:Police take custody of infant of teenage parents soon after birth|Scientists announce ethanol-free alcohol|President Hayo opens doors to Supreme Authority refugees|Historian criticized after 'Revolutionaries murdered children and mothers' comment

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

CPU breaks up fake parent license ring

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:04 am

The Child Protection Unit has broken up a ring which produced fake parental licenses for parents seeking to circumvent the legal system.

The raid came after a three-month investigation resulting from the case of a parent, in possession of such a fake license, beat her children with a baseball bat so hard that one of the children’s skulls suffered extreme trauma.

The ring apparently consists of members of the Ministry for Youth Welfare who would write fake paperwork, authenticating the licenses. Those members were arrested at the same time as the raid. The police seized computers, blank fake licenses and even a manifest of clients to whom the licenses were to be distributed. The police also seized a large amount of cash, amounting to 1000 libers.

The police are confident that they have smashed the ring.

“We are confident that we have taken all members of this ring into custody and stopped them before they could further defraud the childcare system”,

The police have said that every person on the manifest or involved in this ring will be added to the Parenthood Blacklist.

“These people have given up their right to be parents. We will make a request to the courts that their names be permanently added to the Blacklist”,

The trials of the defendant will begin within the next month.

Populi-Terrae
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Criminals cured with hypnotherapy?

Postby Populi-Terrae » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:25 am

The push for hypnotherapy to be adopted in the prison system has grown more fierce as a group of psychiatrists have unveiled a group of violent criminals, apparently cured with hypnotherapy.

The criminals, convicted of crimes ranging from rape to murder, underwent numerous rounds of hypnotherapy to remove the mental compulsion to commit crime, according to the psychiatrists. This was done through the use of bright flashing colours in a spiral formation embedded with subliminal messages while under hypnosis while listening to a pre-recorded voice.

To make their point, the psychiatrists presented brain-scans from the criminals, taken both before and after the tests. For the rapists, they were exposed to images of naked women. The pleasure centres of the brain did not register when they were exposed to the images after the tests. The same thing happened when the murderers were exposed to images of dead bodies.

“We did this with one goal to mind: to develop a method of rehabilitation that was easy and simple on both the convicts and psychiatrists. Our use of hypnosis implanted an idea in these men’s minds that their behaviour is degrading to themselves and others”, announced the psychiatrist.

However, other psychiatrists have declared that the research is dangerous to the patient’s well-being.

“These are men who think there is no problem with tampering with people’s minds. Some of these people are already unhinged. Messing with their thought processes could make them even more dangerous”,

Victims advocacy groups have shared the same concerns.

The psychiatrists are preparing to reintroduce the criminals into the community to study the effectiveness of the hypnotherapy in a community setting.

Return to Factbooks and National Information