NATION

PASSWORD

Celtic Navy

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
User avatar
Gaelic Celtia
Minister
 
Posts: 3179
Founded: Oct 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Celtic Navy

Postby Gaelic Celtia » Mon May 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Celtic Naval Forces
Image


Overview
The Celtic Navy is the naval branch of the Celtic Armed Forces, and includes the Celtic Marines and the Celtic Naval Air Force. It is the primary focus of the military budget, consuming around USD $5,210,178,693,924.96 . Its peacetime establishment is around 500,000 personnel (including the Marines and Naval Air Force), but in war time the call ups muster around one million to 1.5 million personnel.



Tactics
The Navy is used in most Celtic modern military tactics, especially in the strategy known as dynhau'r rhaff, or "tightening the noose". This is when the navy is called in force to bombard and blockade the enemy, accompanied by the Naval Airforce. This continues until the enemy's surrender, or until they are sufficiently weakened, at which time the Army and Marines are called in to finish the job.



Vessels










TypeNumber
Nuclear Attack Submarines77
Stealth Submarines15
Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carriers15
Escort Aircraft Carriers13
Guided Missile Destroyers79
Guided Missile Cruisers42(15)
Guided Missile frigates83(17)
Missile Boats176(35)
Patrol Boats541(57)
Landing Ships/Craft487

Numbers in parentheses indicate ships under construction

Classes


Submarines
Môr y Ddraig class Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines-7 in service
Image

Bwystfil class Nuclear Ballistic Missile Submarines-3 in service
Image

Dosbarth class Ballistic Missile Submarines-11 in service
Image

Gleddyf Hir class Ballistic Missile Submarines-4 in service
Image

Aircraft Carriers
Lefiathan class Nuclear Powered Carriers-2 in service
Image

Cefnfor class Escort Aircraft Carriers-5 in service
Image

Destroyers
Rhyfelwr class Guided Missile Destroyers-17 in service
Image

Dagr class Guided Missile Destroyers-13 in service
Image

Ysbryd class Guided Missile Destroyers-8 in service
Image

Pysgod class Cruisers-19 in service
Image

Frwydr class Cruisers-10 in service
Image

Ynys class Destroyers-8 in service
Image

Ilyn class Destroyers-5 in service
Image

Frigates
Aur class Guided Missile Frigates-27 in service
Image

Môr Chwistrellu class Guided Missile Frigates- 21 in service
Image

Gwynt class Guided Missile Frigates-15 in service
Image




Celtic Marines
Image

Image
Mark II pattern multi-purpose camo used by the Marines


The Celtic Marines are the special forces division of the Celtic armed forces. Despite their name they serve not only as amphibious assault troops, but also as the Celtic equivalent of the navy SEAls, preforming top secret operations in combat zones around the world. Their training program is regarded as one of the most punishing and brutal regimens in the world, with a washout rate of about 85%. Because of this it is a small branch of the military with about 145,000 personnel.
Last edited by Gaelic Celtia on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:17 pm, edited 13 times in total.
Last edited by Llywelyn ap Iorwerth on Thur May 6, 1208 11:45 am, edited 100 times in total.

Sibirsky wrote:You are offensive to me.
Welsh
Pride!
Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00
Social Attitude Result
Cosmopolitan Social Democrat
Pro: Gay Rights, secularism, Welsh independence, democratic socialism, gun control, choice, progressive tax, death penalty, environmental protection, Plaid Cymru, Stark
Conflicted/Unsure About: Israel, Catalan Independence
Anti: Theocracy, Fundamentalism, Communism, Fascism, National Socialism, Nationalism, USA, Golden Dawn, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, Lannister

User avatar
Hungaristan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 455
Founded: May 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hungaristan » Mon May 14, 2012 7:37 pm

Your Navy alone could defeat a coastal nation. My navy is non-existent given i'm landlocked. But if your troops entered my borders they wouldn't stand much chance against my artillery, tanks, and A-10s. I'd like to know more about your infantry since Your force seems defensive and not offensive. (In english im saying how good is your invasion forces)
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life." Bertolt Brecht

User avatar
Gaelic Celtia
Minister
 
Posts: 3179
Founded: Oct 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaelic Celtia » Tue May 15, 2012 4:31 am

Hungaristan wrote:Your Navy alone could defeat a coastal nation. My navy is non-existent given i'm landlocked. But if your troops entered my borders they wouldn't stand much chance against my artillery, tanks, and A-10s. I'd like to know more about your infantry since Your force seems defensive and not offensive. (In english im saying how good is your invasion forces)

Ah, but that is aother story to be told. Eventually i will have all the branches of the military up and this one will be expanded as well, patience :)
Last edited by Llywelyn ap Iorwerth on Thur May 6, 1208 11:45 am, edited 100 times in total.

Sibirsky wrote:You are offensive to me.
Welsh
Pride!
Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00
Social Attitude Result
Cosmopolitan Social Democrat
Pro: Gay Rights, secularism, Welsh independence, democratic socialism, gun control, choice, progressive tax, death penalty, environmental protection, Plaid Cymru, Stark
Conflicted/Unsure About: Israel, Catalan Independence
Anti: Theocracy, Fundamentalism, Communism, Fascism, National Socialism, Nationalism, USA, Golden Dawn, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, Lannister

User avatar
Hungaristan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 455
Founded: May 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hungaristan » Tue May 15, 2012 4:35 am

Gaelic Celtia wrote:
Hungaristan wrote:Your Navy alone could defeat a coastal nation. My navy is non-existent given i'm landlocked. But if your troops entered my borders they wouldn't stand much chance against my artillery, tanks, and A-10s. I'd like to know more about your infantry since Your force seems defensive and not offensive. (In english im saying how good is your invasion forces)

Ah, but that is aother story to be told. Eventually i will have all the branches of the military up and this one will be expanded as well, patience :)


If you need Artillery I can sell you some of the best
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life." Bertolt Brecht

User avatar
Gaelic Celtia
Minister
 
Posts: 3179
Founded: Oct 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaelic Celtia » Tue May 15, 2012 4:50 am

An agreement could possibly be made, I would need to see some examples
Last edited by Llywelyn ap Iorwerth on Thur May 6, 1208 11:45 am, edited 100 times in total.

Sibirsky wrote:You are offensive to me.
Welsh
Pride!
Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00
Social Attitude Result
Cosmopolitan Social Democrat
Pro: Gay Rights, secularism, Welsh independence, democratic socialism, gun control, choice, progressive tax, death penalty, environmental protection, Plaid Cymru, Stark
Conflicted/Unsure About: Israel, Catalan Independence
Anti: Theocracy, Fundamentalism, Communism, Fascism, National Socialism, Nationalism, USA, Golden Dawn, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, Lannister

User avatar
Hungaristan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 455
Founded: May 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Hungaristan » Tue May 15, 2012 5:14 am

Check the ARH storefront on the trade forum. then send me a telegram
"Do not fear death so much, but rather the inadequate life." Bertolt Brecht

User avatar
HOlY Christus Krieger
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 363
Founded: Nov 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby HOlY Christus Krieger » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:29 pm

your navy cannot stop my militia we have faith in Jesus and are true patriots

User avatar
Gaelic Celtia
Minister
 
Posts: 3179
Founded: Oct 03, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Gaelic Celtia » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Yes well your little jesus will not he there to stop 18 inch shells from sinking your redneck militia in dingys. Now hurry up and post so i can get this stupid war over with and worry about other things.
Last edited by Llywelyn ap Iorwerth on Thur May 6, 1208 11:45 am, edited 100 times in total.

Sibirsky wrote:You are offensive to me.
Welsh
Pride!
Economic Left/Right: -7.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.00
Social Attitude Result
Cosmopolitan Social Democrat
Pro: Gay Rights, secularism, Welsh independence, democratic socialism, gun control, choice, progressive tax, death penalty, environmental protection, Plaid Cymru, Stark
Conflicted/Unsure About: Israel, Catalan Independence
Anti: Theocracy, Fundamentalism, Communism, Fascism, National Socialism, Nationalism, USA, Golden Dawn, nuclear weapons, chemical weapons, Lannister

User avatar
Maravaile
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 18
Founded: Nov 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Maravaile » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Don't be so quick to dismiss the tactical and strategic value of the Guided Missile Dinghy... Ah yes.

User avatar
Anderson Tactical Solutions
Civil Servant
 
Posts: 9
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Anderson Tactical Solutions » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:25 pm

There seem to be quite a few older vessels still in service with the Navy of your nation. Is there any specific reason for this?


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Goviria, Indo States, Skaldia, Syndic Australia, Turanath

Advertisement

Remove ads