NATION

PASSWORD

Proposal for the acceleration of resolution passage

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
FD Roosevelt
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Proposal for the acceleration of resolution passage

Postby FD Roosevelt » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:38 pm

My questions is:
Should WA delegates be allowed to pass resolutions in a representative form by reaching a higher number of approvals that does not require a full assembly vote?

Linux and the X
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: Proposal for the acceleration of resolution passage

Postby Linux and the X » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:03 am

No.
If you see I've made a mistake in my wording or a factual detail, telegram me and I'll fix it. I'll even give you credit for pointing it out, if you'd like.
BLUE LIVES MURDER

[violet]: Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Me, responding to a request to vote for a liberation: But... but that would blemish my near-perfect history of spitefully voting against anything the SC does!
Farnhamia: That is not to be taken as license to start calling people "buttmunch."

GPG key ID: A8960638 fingerprint: 2239 2687 0B50 2CEC 28F7 D950 CCD0 26FC A896 0638

they/them pronouns

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:20 am

Resolutions can NOT change the game's mechanics, full stop: If you want to continue this discussion then take it to 'Technical'...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

FD Roosevelt
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 24, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby FD Roosevelt » Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Actually if you'd read it was not a proposal to the world assembly but rather a general debate. Also, the post was actually determined NOT to be technical as that is where it was originally posted. Gee whiz how do some nations stay in existence?

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Failtacular.....
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR 1 - 0 WSH | COL 0 - 1 WPG | VGK 0 - 0 DAL || NBA: NOLA (8) 0 - 1 OKC (1)
NCAA MBB: Tulane 22-18 | LSU 25-16 || NCAA WSB: LSU 35-10

Return to General Assembly