NATION

PASSWORD

Passed Resolutions (sorted by category)

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Keronians
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Keronians » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Fabulous. I think this should be made a stickie. Much easier for reference than Omigodtheykilledkenny's one. However, his also has more links, so I think both should stay.
Proud Indian. Spanish citizen. European federalist.
Political compass
Awarded the Bronze Medal for General Debating at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards. Awarded Best New Poster at the 11th Annual Posters' Awards.
It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.
George Orwell
· Private property
· Free foreign trade
· Exchange of goods and services
· Free formation of prices

· Market regulation
· Social security
· Universal healthcare
· Unemployment insurance

This is a capitalist model.

Knootoss
Senator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Knootoss » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:39 pm

I agree about the ease of reference. If both could be consolidated into a sticky somehow, that'd be best IMO!
Last edited by Knootoss on Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ideological Bulwark #7 - RPed population preserves relative population sizes. Webgame population / 100 is used by default. If this doesn't work for you and it is relevant to our RP, please TG.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mousebumples » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Keronians wrote:Fabulous. I think this should be made a stickie. Much easier for reference than Omigodtheykilledkenny's one. However, his also has more links, so I think both should stay.

Knootoss wrote:I agree about the ease of reference. If both could be consolidated into a sticky somehow, that'd be best IMO!

Thanks, guys! I mainly created this for my own use, but I'm certainly happy to hear that others find it useful.

If the mods want to sticky it, they're certainly more than welcome, but there are already a lot of topics stickied. :unsure: Otherwise, Kenny has this linked in the first post of HIS stickied thread, and I have the link in my own sig. (I'm not as verbose as some around here, but I post often enough that that link may sufficient for most people ... )
Leader of the Mouse-a-rific Mousetastic Moderator Mousedom of Mousebumples
Past WA Delegate for Europeia & Monkey Island
Proud Member of UNOG
I'm an "adorably marvelous NatSov" - Mallorea and Riva
GA Resolutions (sorted by category) | Why Repeal? | Reppy's Sig Workshop

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:41 am

Updated! ... ish. I haven't put Safety in Difficult Times in the list yet because I'd just as soon only have to add it once and since it looks likely to be repealed in the next few days ... I'd rather not have to move the link with the next update.

Also/And: Kenny doesn't have that in his thread yet, either, so it would be linkless. :P
Proud Member of UNOG

Mahaj
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Mahaj » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 am

*whistles*

I'd actually like this as a sticky. Really helpful.
Aal Izz Well: UDL
<Koth> I'm still going by the assumption that Mahaj is Unibot's kid brother or something
Kandarin(Naivetry): You're going to have a great NS career ahead of you if you want it, Mahaj. :)
<@Eluvatar> Why is SkyDip such a purist raiderist
<+frattastan> Because his region was never raided.
<+maxbarry> EarthAway: I guess I might dabble in raiding just to experience it better, but I would not like to raid regions of natives, so I'd probably be more interested in defense and liberations

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 14, 2005

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:56 am

It's already linked to in the existing sticky*. I can bold it or put red flashing lights around it if people are missing it.

*which, by the by, is already searchable by category.
Last edited by Omigodtheykilledkenny on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:23 pm

Mahaj wrote:*whistles*

I'd actually like this as a sticky. Really helpful.

Glad to be helpful! :)

And, if nothing else, it's linked in my sig. I'm not posting as often as I once did, but my posts aren't that difficult to find. ^_^
Proud Member of UNOG

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:27 am

After being on a semi-hiatus from the forums for the past few months (yes, I know, you all missed me terribly :P), I've updated this list of passed resolutions, as sorted by category. I'll try to keep this relatively up-to-date, although I am unlikely to update this every time a new resolution passes. (As I link to the posts in Kenny's thread, it's easier to just wait until he adds a bunch to add a bunch more myself. And, no, this is not meant to be a "Why doesn't Kenny update more often?" query as he's been better about keeping his thread up to date than I have been :blush: )

Anyhow, if you notice any typos or erroneous URLs, let me know!
Proud Member of UNOG

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 am

It would be interesting to see this done (separately) for the defeated proposals, too, if anybody has the time...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:48 pm

Bears Armed wrote:It would be interesting to see this done (separately) for the defeated proposals, too, if anybody has the time...

I don't want to speak for anyone else, but - personally - the main use I have for this is looking at precedent in a given category for whatever reason. Examples:

(1) When writing my first repeal, I went to look at past repeals to check out standard formatting, what sort of arguments had been successful, etc.

(2) When thinking about writing a proposal on a given subject, it can sometimes be useful to look for past resolutions on the subject for either ideas (if something's been repealed) or to check on potential duplication/contradiction for legality purposes.

For both of these, since I don't have access to an archive of all failed proposals, I'm not sure how useful it would be. Sure, many proposal texts would be saved on the forums, but .... Again, those didn't pass, so I'm not sure how useful they'd be for ME.

Certainly if you (or someone else) would like to compile such a list, I'd be happy to link to it within this thread.
Proud Member of UNOG

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Bears Armed wrote:It would be interesting to see this done (separately) for the defeated proposals, too, if anybody has the time...

It isn't as pretty or convenient, but the WA Timeline on NSwiki has a pretty solid listing of available defeated resolutions. Discussion threads from the Jolt days are lost, of course, but current content is there. If someone really wanted to track it, that would be the place to start.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:04 pm

Just finished updating this list. The last 2 passed resolutions are currently listed but not linked since Kenny doesn't have them in the Master Thread yet ...

As has been pointed out by others, this list is linked in 2 of the forum stickies - Kenny's Passed World Assembly Resolutions and Kryo's GA Proposal Compendium (at the bottom of the first post). And, of course, I have it linked in my own sig as well.

:)
Proud Member of UNOG

Ilstoria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Interesting Sociology

Postby Ilstoria » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:01 am

This kind of seperation also gives an idea of what the priorities are for the WA members, more or less, so that nations thinking of proposing something in a specific category might get an idea of the response they'll get.

Categories with lots of repeals are probably hot issues, 50-50 shot, categories with few repeals probably appeal to the warm and fuzzy side of us, and categories with little to no resolutions at all are either things the WA members don't seem to want or are perhaps in great need of, just really controversial.

I have to admit I'm a little surprised no one has passed a single gun control resolution (I'd vote against most) and it's probably because they're all too strong.

Very cool idea and yes, helpful to nations drafting resolutions.
~Queen Ilstoria III
Constitutional Monarch of Ilstoria
In the region of 10000 Islands
Libertarian, Unitarian Universalist and Cosmopolitan in one friendly bundle of joy!

Scupin
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Scupin » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:20 pm

Bookmarked to avoid further stupidity.

Abacathea
Minister

Founded: Nov 17, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Abacathea » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:31 am

Scupin wrote:Bookmarked to avoid further stupidity.

I wouldnt recommend this thread, there's one stickied at the top of the forum which is a little more comprehensive. Mousebumples is a fantastic author of Wa legislate and this thread is great, but I'm not sure it's maintained as often as the kennyites one.
Last edited by Abacathea on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
G.A #236; Renewable Energy Installations (Repealed)
G.A #239; Vehicle Emissions Convention (Repealed).
G.A #257; Reducing Automobile Emissions (Repealed).
G.A #263; Uranium Mining Standards Act
G.A #279; Right of Emigration
G.A #292; Nuclear Security Convention
(Co-Author)
G.A #363; Preservation of Artefacts (repealed)
S.C #118; Commend SkyDip
S.C #120; Commend Mousebumples
S.C #122; Condemn Gest
S.C #124; Commend Bears Armed
S.C #125; Commend The Bruce
S.C #126; Commend Sanctaria
S.C #131: Commend NewTexas
(Co-Author)
S.C #136; Repeal "Liberate St Abbaddon" (Co-Author)
S.C #143; Commend Hobbesistan
S.C #146; Repeal "Liberate Hogwarts"

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:35 pm

Abacathea wrote:
Scupin wrote:Bookmarked to avoid further stupidity.

I wouldnt recommend this thread, there's one stickied at the top of the forum which is a little more comprehensive. Mousebumples is a fantastic author of Wa legislate and this thread is great, but I'm not sure it's maintained as often as the kennyites one.

Speak of the devil...if anyone has been missing seeing their resolution in forum-post form, don't fret! The referenced sticky is long overdue for an update, which I was planning on doing tomorrow. Please be patient; I'll get there! 8)
Omigodtheykilledkenny FAQ | "The Biggest Sovereigntist IN THE WORLD" - Chester Pearson

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:13 am

And while we're still on the subject of my stickied thread (we're not; I just like pointing out that I authored a sticky), I thought I might impart to all of those resolution authors and wannabe resolution authors out there:

Excessive markup will not be included in the Passed Resolutions Thread. This includes excessive bulleting, boldfacing/italicizing/underlining every active verb ("Believing that no one will read this sentence unless the first word is sufficiently garish...Despairing that no one ever reads the preamble anyway..." etc.), and excessive emphasis (if you need to emphasize every fifth word, then maybe just the sentence speaks for itself, you know what I mean?). I will judge what constitutes "excessive" on a case-by-case basis (basically, if I'm too lazy to duplicate the markup exactly as it appears on the NS site, I won't bother doing it), and if yours is one of those unlucky winners, the resolution will appear in plain text, nothing more. However (see what I did there? - it's called irony...or something), I will consider editing certain posts if the resolution authors are willing to duplicate the markup themselves and telegram it to me (after testing it on the NS forums to make sure all the markup works properly). But if you don't feel like going through all that just so a post looks slightly spiffier, I don't blame you. I know exactly how you feel.

Till next time, happy legislating!!

Discoveria
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 16, 2006
New York Times Democracy

Postby Discoveria » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:48 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:And while we're still on the subject of my stickied thread (we're not; I just like pointing out that I authored a sticky), I thought I might impart to all of those resolution authors and wannabe resolution authors out there:

Excessive markup will not be included in the Passed Resolutions Thread. This includes excessive bulleting, boldfacing/italicizing/underlining every active verb ("Believing that no one will read this sentence unless the first word is sufficiently garish...Despairing that no one ever reads the preamble anyway..." etc.), and excessive emphasis (if you need to emphasize every fifth word, then maybe just the sentence speaks for itself, you know what I mean?). I will judge what constitutes "excessive" on a case-by-case basis (basically, if I'm too lazy to duplicate the markup exactly as it appears on the NS site, I won't bother doing it), and if yours is one of those unlucky winners, the resolution will appear in plain text, nothing more. However (see what I did there? - it's called irony...or something), I will consider editing certain posts if the resolution authors are willing to duplicate the markup themselves and telegram it to me (after testing it on the NS forums to make sure all the markup works properly). But if you don't feel like going through all that just so a post looks slightly spiffier, I don't blame you. I know exactly how you feel.

Till next time, happy legislating!!

I would like to make two 'pleas':
1. Omigodtheykilledkenny, please consider duplicating the excessive markup anyway/give the poster the benefit of the doubt. The interpretation of a resolution's very fine points could very occasionally be influenced by how the text appears.
2. Authors reading this: less markup looks more professional IMO. Excessive markup suggests that you don't understand the principles of good writing and good presentation, and will make delegations like mine tend towards ignoring or voting against your proposal.
"...to be the most effective form of human government."
Professor Simon Goldacre, former Administrator of the Utopia Foundation
WA Ambassador: Matthew Turing

The Utopian Commonwealth of Discoveria
Founder of LGBT University

A member of | The Stonewall Alliance | UN Old Guard
Nation | OOC description | IC Factbook | Timeline

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:46 pm

I am willing to use the markup in the game-side resolutions...if the authors are willing to replicate it themselves*, test it on these forums, then telegram it to me. That said, I am way behind on updating the list, come to think of it, so I'll have it done over the weekend.

* (replicate it exactly as it appears on NS, mind you - no markup fixes, spell/grammar-checks, etc., to amend mistakes you didn't notice till it was already submitted)

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 am

Omigodtheykilledkenny wrote:I am willing to use the markup in the game-side resolutions...if the authors are willing to replicate it themselves*, test it on these forums, then telegram it to me. That said, I am way behind on updating the list, come to think of it, so I'll have it done over the weekend.

* (replicate it exactly as it appears on NS, mind you - no markup fixes, spell/grammar-checks, etc., to amend mistakes you didn't notice till it was already submitted)

Awesome. I was thinking of updating this list over the past few days, but I usually cheat and update based off of your list (mostly) ... and I didn't feel like doing the legwork on so many resolutions.

Anyhow, I'll post in this thread again once I get everyone re-updated. (And, for the record, this thread is linked in Kenny's stickied thread ... unless he removed that link. :eyebrow: )
Proud Member of UNOG

Omigodtheykilledkenny
Negotiator

Postby Omigodtheykilledkenny » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:40 pm

It's still there. :p

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:58 pm

FYI, I'm hoping to work on getting this updated in the coming days. In the meantime, though, I actually made an epub "codex" of passed legislation, for anyone that's interested. (I don't have internet at work, so if it's dead, and I'm plotting a repeal or new piece of legislation, it'll be helpful for me to have access to precedent, so I can make some notes.)

I have 2 epubs currently in my Dropbox here. I'm happy to convert the files to something else, if you need a PDF or whatever else instead, just let me know. I have one that is ALLLLL of the legislation our fair body has passed over the years. (here) The repealed resolutions should show up as being struck out. In the second, I removed all of the repealed legislation AND all of the resolutions that were repeals. So, for the moment, it's all the resolutions currently in effect. (here) From the looks of things, they'll both be out of date within a few days, but ... it is what it is for now. I can't promise super-frequent updating, but I'm hoping to be more active in general in the coming weeks and months.

Questions, let me know. I'll add this info into the OP as well, for easy reference. And I'll bump this again whenever I get all the new links added in. :D

EDIT: The update didn't take nearly as long as I expected, so ... that's all done now, too. *beams*
Last edited by Mousebumples on Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of UNOG

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:40 am

This is a really fantastic resource, Mouse. Thanks.

Mousebumples
Game Moderator

Postby Mousebumples » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:52 am

The Dark Star Republic wrote:This is a really fantastic resource, Mouse. Thanks.

Thanks, and (naturally), I agree. When I first saw the post in tech all that time ago, I didn't think it would be of any use. And then I thought about it and realized how often I look at similarly themed/categorized resolutions to get ideas on setup or verbiage or whatever. Heck, for my first repeal that I authored, I looked at like a dozen or so other repeals that had been passed.

Glad you find it useful! :)
Mouse
Proud Member of UNOG

The Dark Star Republic
Senator

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dark Star Republic » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:53 am

Yes. To look up by category before, I was using NSwiki's timeline, viewing the source and searching by the hex code - not exactly straightforward! Much easier now.
Last edited by The Dark Star Republic on Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly