NATION

PASSWORD

[PROPOSAL] Internet Protection Program

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 05, 2010
Ex-Nation

[PROPOSAL] Internet Protection Program

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:06 am

The World Assembly,

APPALLED at the lack of legislation in the realm of the Internet, or the World Wide Webs.

REALIZING the extensive use of the Internet in everyday life

SEEING the obvious threat that unguarded:

i. Instant Messaging or IMing
ii. Use of Online Chat Rooms
iii. Use of Social Networking Sites
iiii. Use of Dating Sites
iiiii. Use of Forums

AMONG the results coming from use of the aforementioned Internet services are, but not limited to, Internet Kidnapping, Rape, Sexual Abuse, Murder, Burglary, and Planned Cooperative Abduction and other felonies.

Defining "Internet Kidnapping" as "a kidnapping planned over the Internet with results of the aforementioned planning being a kidnapping of the person(s) to which the planning was directed."

Defining "Planned Cooperative Abduction" as "abduction in which the victim(s) cooperated with the Abductor(s) and executed or helped to execute the plan in which they are taken away from a place such as their place of residence, and brought somewhere else by means legal or illegal.

Defining "Predator" as "a person who selects a victim, and then attempts to seduce, via the Internet or Internet Services, them into helping to execute possible Rape, Abduction or any of the aforementioned felonies."

Defining "Internet Services" as "a service provided via the internet that includes, paid or free, a form of messaging or contact, whether via voice or keyboard input."

Defining "Internet Felonies" as "Felonies committed. indirectly or directly, over the Internet or executed or planned over the Internet."

ESTABLISHING the World Assembly Internet Protection Program or, WAIPP, to execute the following guidelines:

1. To ensure the security of children and adults by working cooperatively with Law Enforcement Officials

2. Ensure that nations take proper steps to protect person(s) using the internet by:

i. Using IP trackers to identify the predator

ii. Fining the service on which the felony or felonies occurred.

iii. Establishing the Police Internet Investigation Division within their borders.

3. To ensure that any person with 5 or more "Internet Felonies" is denied access to Wi-Fi or Internet Capable Computer.

The World Assembly passes the Internet Protection Program.

EDIT====================
Yes! Thank you for your criticisms and mostly more criticisms. To address:

The policing kinda part would only come in after a possible suspect has definitively been identified. For example, if a victim comes forward or if a member of an Internet Service has seen something clearly illegal, do the policing rights i.e. IP tracking come in. Thank you for helping me.
First of all- I ONLY CHOSE THIS NAME BECAUSE NOTHING ELSE WAS FREE THAT WAS APPLE RELATED! Mother watching you- as I said the policing/watching comes in after a suspect has been IDed with physical evidence or testimony under oath. 5 tries- If it is indirectly a result- it would kinda be unfair, because then we are talking complete regulation here, and that is the opposite of what I want. Or the WA should want. Or any of us. You get the point. :clap:
Ms. Harper is opposed to this proposal as it tries to create an internet police. In addition, Minoa (Charlotte Ryberg) is not willing to start telling people on the internet what to do, unless it violates national law. Also, excessive IP tracking could violate WA resolutions on Privacy.
Well:
a. It doesn't create an Internet Police Force, the Local Law Enforcement Investigation has INVESTIGATION rights ONLY AFTER CLEAR, SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE. :evil:
b.Are you talking about the fining part? Well, that's just an incentive for them to establish Child Safety Rules, for one.
c. Excessive?
i. It would only, as I mention previously if you bothered to read :D , be given to Investigators if they had CLEAR SUBSTANIAL, EVIDENCE OR TESTIMONY!!! :eyebrow:
d. Going back to interior law violation, that's the entire point. If, with supporting evidence or testimony, there is a clear sign that a felony or national law violation was committed, then and ONLY then, will investigation begin. :blink: I know, right?

I am very passionate about this. You've gotta understand- I'm not asking for you to change your ethics or views, no one has the right to- BUT if children are endangered, why are you placing your views in front of that??? children's safety? Why. Where art thou morals, Darenjo? :?: :?:

And now:
Devonshire County utterly rejects this proposal. The internet is where people may be truley free of interference and make their own choices and we feel once intervention starts it will not stop. It is the business of our patrols to police real life, and we will not allow more then minimal regulations on our internet - certainly nothing as invasive as to check every chatroom, dating site and so on.

Not everyone, but merely ones that have been reported several times. I was very vague
Thank you all very much. Please continue to contribute your thoughts and criticisms.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revision One!

----------- :eek:

The World Assembly,

APPALLED at the lack of legislation in the realm of the Internet, or the World Wide Webs.

REALIZING the extensive use of the Internet in everyday life

SEEING the obvious threat that unguarded:

i. Instant Messaging or IMing
ii. Use of Online Chat Rooms
iii. Use of Social Networking Sites
iiii. Use of Dating Sites
iiiii. Use of Forums

AMONG the results coming from use of the aforementioned Internet services are, but not limited to, Internet Kidnapping, Rape, Sexual Abuse, Murder, Burglary, and Planned Cooperative Abduction and other felonies.

Defining "Internet Kidnapping" as "a kidnapping planned over the Internet with results of the aforementioned planning being a kidnapping of the person(s) to which the planning was directed."

Defining "Planned Cooperative Abduction" as "abduction in which the victim(s) cooperated with the Abductor(s) and executed or helped to execute the plan in which they are taken away from a place such as their place of residence, and brought somewhere else by means legal or illegal.

Defining "Predator" as "a person who selects a victim, and then attempts to seduce, via the Internet or Internet Services, them into helping to execute possible Rape, Abduction or any of the aforementioned felonies."

Defining "Internet Services" as "a service provided via the internet that includes, paid or free, a form of messaging or contact, whether via voice or keyboard input."

Defining "Internet Felonies" as "Felonies committed. indirectly or directly, over the Internet or executed or planned over the Internet."

ESTABLISHING the World Assembly Internet Protection Program or, WAIPP, to execute the following guidelines:

1. To ensure the security of children and adults by working cooperatively with Law Enforcement Officials, and reminding the WA that this does not exclusively apply to children

2. Ensure that nations take proper steps to protect person(s) using the internet by:

i. Using IP trackers to identify the predator

ii. Fining the service on which the felony or felonies occurred.

iii. Establishing the Police Internet Investigation Division within their borders.

iiii.Enrolling each offender into the World Assembly Internet Felon Database or WAIFD.

1. Requiring each country to track offenders within their own borders or;

2. Offenders that are citizens of their country.

3. To ensure that any person with 5 or more "Internet Felonies" is denied access to Wi-Fi or Internet Capable Computer.

The World Assembly passes the Internet Protection Program.
Last edited by Corporation de Apple on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

That describes pretty much every topic ever posted in NSG.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Post your thoughts!

Postby Corporation de Apple » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:09 am

Please post your thoughts criticisms.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:
Albul wrote:Everyone has said what they needed and now no one is saying anything relevant to the topic.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:34 am

Corporation de Apple wrote:Please post your thoughts criticisms.

My big criticism is that this sounds like some sort of internet police, which makes your proposal illegal.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Vettrera
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:41 am

It's like having your mother watch you on the internet
||International Achievements||
"In Search of That Which Cannot Be Seen"

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:43 am

+ for someone running a corporation (you) this isnt exactly a supportave claim

+ why do they get 5 tries?

Lykosia
Minister

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lykosia » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:59 am

just having my mother on my back when i'm in the internet always disturbs me, and THIS? no, absolutely no.

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:57 am

It's standard from to POST HERE TO DRAFT AND THEN AFTER A WHILE SUBMIT. NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:10 am

Ms. Harper is opposed to this proposal as it tries to create an internet police. In addition, Minoa (Charlotte Ryberg) is not willing to start telling people on the internet what to do, unless it violates national law. Also, excessive IP tracking could violate WA resolutions on Privacy.

Devonshire County
Envoy

Founded: Aug 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Devonshire County » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:18 am

Devonshire County utterly rejects this proposal. The internet is where people may be truley free of interference and make their own choices and we feel once intervention starts it will not stop. It is the business of our patrols to police real life, and we will not allow more then minimal regulations on our internet - certainly nothing as invasive as to check every chatroom, dating site and so on.
I was a true left winger, then people taught me otherwise. I was a right winger, but things seem better then that.

Looks like its smart liberalism for the win.

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:34 pm

No. This would, unlike many WA resolutions, actually enact wide-sweeping changes in Darenjo's internet laws. The internet is open to everyone in Darenjo, except for certain convicts/ex-convicts. That, and Darenjo's Constitution makes it quite clear that tracking of IP addresses and spying on people over the internet is illegal, the position of which was strengthened by Darenjo's Supreme Court decision in Bren v. Ashfire School District 5.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

In Response

Postby Corporation de Apple » Fri Dec 24, 2010 8:13 am

Yes! Thank you for your criticisms and mostly more criticisms. To address:

The policing kinda part would only come in after a possible suspect has definitively been identified. For example, if a victim comes forward or if a member of an Internet Service has seen something clearly illegal, do the policing rights i.e. IP tracking come in. Thank you for helping me.
First of all- I ONLY CHOSE THIS NAME BECAUSE NOTHING ELSE WAS FREE THAT WAS APPLE RELATED! Mother watching you- as I said the policing/watching comes in after a suspect has been IDed with physical evidence or testimony under oath. 5 tries- If it is indirectly a result- it would kinda be unfair, because then we are talking complete regulation here, and that is the opposite of what I want. Or the WA should want. Or any of us. You get the point. :clap:
Well:
a. It doesn't create an Internet Police Force, the Local Law Enforcement Investigation has INVESTIGATION rights ONLY AFTER CLEAR, SUBSTANTIAL EVIDENCE. :evil:
b.Are you talking about the fining part? Well, that's just an incentive for them to establish Child Safety Rules, for one.
c. Excessive?
i. It would only, as I mention previously if you bothered to read :D , be given to Investigators if they had CLEAR SUBSTANIAL, EVIDENCE OR TESTIMONY!!! :eyebrow:
d. Going back to interior law violation, that's the entire point. If, with supporting evidence or testimony, there is a clear sign that a felony or national law violation was committed, then and ONLY then, will investigation begin. :blink: I know, right?

I am very passionate about this. You've gotta understand- I'm not asking for you to change your ethics or views, no one has the right to- BUT if children are endangered, why are you placing your views in front of that??? children's safety? Why. Where art thou morals, Darenjo? :?: :?:

And now:

Not everyone, but merely ones that have been reported several times. I was very vague
Thank you all very much. Please continue to contribute your thoughts and criticisms.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:35 am

Calm your tail down. The fact is, is that this is a bad idea seeing as no man owns the internet and having government watch citizens via Cyberspace and be able to infiltrate their IP's is a terrible idea in my eyes. There are enough stalkers in the world having my police track my every move online is appaling. In fact how about you just ban the internet all together for minors in your nation. You've contradicted your own beliefs. Why should people go online with the fear of Clicking a button will get them arrested. :eyebrow:
Last edited by Vettrera on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Corporation de Apple » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Look- anyone can track IP's, Whois??? Anyone heard of it???
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

The GMZ
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby The GMZ » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:33 pm

There are so many predators in the real world, If someone online performs a rape, kidnapping or murder do they not do so in the real world??? I believe in the GMZ we already track down criminals with IP addresses since we could do the same with real addresses so there is no need for privacy there. No this proposal is silly and would just be used to implement another necessary police force/drain on taxpayers
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?"
Douglas Adams

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:57 pm

Corporation de Apple wrote:Yes! Thank you for your criticisms and mostly more criticisms. To address:

Thank you for confirming that your intent is to create a WA police force. As per the WA Proposal Rules your proposal is illegal.

The Most Glorious Hack wrote:Army, Police, SWAT, etc

The WA doesn't get an army. Nor does it get to form The World Police. This is pretty clear: don't do it.
Last edited by Flibbleites on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ebana
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ebana » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:06 pm

The Ebanan government supports this proposal. The protection of Ebana's children and minors are a high concern both for the government and the child's loved ones. Higher internet security is needed in order to apprehend and prosecute to-be child molesters, rapists, and other "cyber" criminals.
Last edited by Ebana on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Ebana wrote:The Ebanan government supports this proposal. The protection of Ebana's children and minors are a high concern both for the government and the child's loved ones. Higher internet security is needed in order to apprehend and prosecute to-be child molesters, rapists, and other "cyber" criminals.

You're one of the most compasionate communists I've ever met :clap:

Wouldn't it be eiser to teach your children about Internet Predators

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:26 pm

Vettrera wrote:
Ebana wrote:The Ebanan government supports this proposal. The protection of Ebana's children and minors are a high concern both for the government and the child's loved ones. Higher internet security is needed in order to apprehend and prosecute to-be child molesters, rapists, and other "cyber" criminals.

Or for the parents to monitor their child's activities. You know, actually be a parent.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Vettrera
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Vettrera » Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Vettrera wrote:

Or for the parents to monitor their child's activities. You know, actually be a parent.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Yeah Instead of us funding more Cyber-Law Enforcement and dealing with the raise in Taxes.

Or just ban children to chat online

Darenjo
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Darenjo » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:09 am

Of course we value child safety, but we are afraid that, if legal, this proposal would be abused and used for human rights abuses.
Dr. Park Si-Jung, Ambassador to the World Assembly for The People's Democracy of Darenjo

Proud Member of Eastern Islands of Dharma!

Charlotte Ryberg
The Muse of the Westcountry

Founded: Mar 14, 2007
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Charlotte Ryberg » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:16 am

Corporation de Apple wrote:
Well:
c. Excessive?

A: The clause concerned would be open to abuse. B: The clauses concerned can be abused to suppress freedom of speech. C: The draft concerned is indeed intrusive because of the IP tracking.

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Corruption?

Postby Corporation de Apple » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:52 pm

Are you implying that the WA is corrupt? The investigative powers can only be granted by the WA committee.
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

WA Police Force??

Postby Corporation de Apple » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:57 pm

Flibbleites wrote:
Corporation de Apple wrote:Yes! Thank you for your criticisms and mostly more criticisms. To address:

Thank you for confirming that your intent is to create a WA police force. As per the WA Proposal Rules your proposal is illegal.

The Most Glorious Hack wrote:Army, Police, SWAT, etc

The WA doesn't get an army. Nor does it get to form The World Police. This is pretty clear: don't do it.

Whoa! Whoa! I didn't say the 'Police of the Internet'. I said that the policing 'rights' are applied to the INTERNAL police or law enforcement agency of a nation. And The Most Glorious Hack says that THE WORLD POLICE and he never refers to policing 'rights' persay. I understand that I was very vague, and I thought of all this. A
'WA Police Force' is the opposite of what I want. I want more rights and clear regulation for and of, respectively, the police and Internet Safety (Respectively again.)
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

I agree.

Postby Corporation de Apple » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:59 pm

Darenjo wrote:

Of course we value child safety, but we are afraid that, if legal, this proposal would be abused and used for human rights abuses.

Which is why I posted this in the first place. What are your thoughts on how to possibly regulate the abuses. I know we can't have a nation chair the committee, and.. well. THIS IS AN APPEAL TO EVERYONE! HOW DO I REGULATE THE POSSIBLE RIGHTS ABUSE!
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Corporation de Apple
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Thanks but..

Postby Corporation de Apple » Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:00 pm

Also! This does not specifically apply to children! Thank you!
The Hand of Thrawnn
Former things in Osiris
Frisbeeteria wrote:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly