NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Promoting Productive Positivity

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Rosenstrasse
Political Columnist

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Promoting Productive Positivity

Postby Rosenstrasse » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:48 pm

Council: General Assembly
Category: Moral Decency
Name: Promoting Productive Positivity
Strength: Strong

UNSETTLED by the number of terminally negative persons voting no on political issues of extreme importance;

MANDATING all WA Nations allow terminally negative persons to live and vote positively by treating the mentally unsound medically.

ESTABLISHING the WA Commission for Promoting Productively Positive Human Interaction to edit any and all negativity concerning the implementation of this legislation and any other productively positive legislation as well as ensuring that the originators of such social detraction receive the proper medical treatment.

1. Definitions:
A) “Terminally negative” an incurable mental disease that has been medically confirmed to promote nay-saying, which can only be treated with potent pharmaceutical drugs designed to produce a constant state of euphoria;
B) “Productively positive” the editing of oneself and others in order to achieve more productive and positive actions or statements;
C) “Negativity” an inclination toward unproductive, non-positive, inhumane interaction with others;

2. The person needing to end to his/her own unbearable negativity through legally prescribed drugs must be an individual suffering from terminal negativity. Therefor the individual must be mentally incompetent and unable to make and communicate positive decisions to their doctors. Patient must also:

A) Make two negative oral statements not more than 7 days apart to receive a productive dose of drugs;
B) Execute a negative statement (written or oral) against such medication in the presence of two witnesses who, in the presence of the patient, attest that to the best of their knowledge and belief the patient is incapable, of unsound mind, and acting terminally negative. No witness shall be a blood relative or one who stands to gain from said patients’ rehabilitation.

3) Before legally prescribing medication, the Attending and Consulting Physician must confirm the diagnosis and verify that the patient is of unsound mind. Physicians must also perform the following:

A) Inform and document on no less than two occasions to the patient his/her diagnosis, prognosis, risks/effects of the medication, other treatment options and patient’s right to renounce their negativity at anytime.
B) Immediately prior to administering such drug(s), a Physician must verify and document that the patient's demeanor is improving or seek other methods of treatment.

4. Additional provisions:

A) A patient may renounce their negativity at any time. When numerous proclamations are made and then rescinded; an immediate psychiatric consultation is to be ordered.
B) No person shall be subject to any penalty, including civil or criminal liability or professional discipline for participating in good faith compliance with this resolution.
C) A person that willfully seeks to increase a patient’s negativity shall be guilty of a crime and subject to civil, criminal, and/or other penalties.
D) This Act is to ensure a dignified end to negativity; it CANNOT and SHALL NOT be used as an excuse to criticize, demean, or inhibit productively positive people.
E) A physician has the right to refuse to take part in an assisted rehabilitation WITHOUT any penalties whatsoever being levied against her/him provided that he/she passes a productive positivity test.

5. This resolution shall not preclude a nation from enacting an assisted positivity law that is less or more restrictive than this resolution, so long as said law complies with Sections 4 (C) and 4 (D).
Last edited by Rosenstrasse on Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: [DRAFT] Promoting Productive Positivity

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:19 pm

Oh my Goddess! High Five! :clap:

This is very important... or not... or less... or more... whatever.
Either way, it doesn't really matter. We should vote for this because it doesn't really matter.
Last edited by Sionis Prioratus on Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Zifnab
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zifnab » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:50 pm

Zifnab positively promotes this legislation but alas we cannot do it productively as we refuse to acknowledge the WA as an official organization.

Let's all clap for productivity. :clap:

Stragonubius
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Stragonubius » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 pm

My nation feels... well, Great! I guess.
This Draft looks oddly like a similar resolution up for vote, only... not the same.
Happiness instead of death, both personal choices and yet forcing the choice seems so... Great!
Everything is Great!

<.<
>.>

I've become nauseated by this Happy atmosphere, Please excuse me while I retch; Happily.
Does anyone else think that this is a little odd. I suggest that the people who have posted here, and are new to the WA vote with their regions WA Delegate. They know better then you.
~ Malikov
Noone should ever presume to think they know better than I, Perhaps differently (more reasonable, slighty rational, Saner even) but never better than I, for my own nation.

Rosenstrasse
Political Columnist

Ex-Nation

Postby Rosenstrasse » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:35 pm

Stragonubius wrote:This Draft looks oddly like a similar resolution up for vote, only... not the same.
Happiness instead of death, both personal choices and yet forcing the choice seems so... Great!

It is fitting isn't it? It's Great! :)

Stragonubius wrote:I've become nauseated by this Happy atmosphere, Please excuse me while I retch; Happily.

You should see an Attending Physician and a Consulting Physician about that. It could be Bulimia... or maybe just a side-effect of the productive positivity pill. Wouldn't that be Great!?! :)
Last edited by Rosenstrasse on Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morlago
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morlago » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:28 am

Wow, this proposal unusually useless!! :clap: :rofl: :rofl: :p
Angelo Gervoski
Minister of WA Affairs of
The United Islands of Morlago
Yë Morre Waidamün i Mórlago

DEFCON: 1 2 (Low) 3 4 5 6

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33
Graph
Center-left social moderate.
Left: 2.2, Libertarian: 0.75
Foreign Policy: -6.11 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture: -6.31 (Cultural liberal)

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:35 am

Morlago wrote:Wow, this proposal unusually useless!! :clap: :rofl: :rofl: :p

Yes!! Very much like the one presently at vote!! Isn't that just awesome?!?!? I'm overflowing, bursting with pure elation!! Oh, the joy!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Let's sing Kumbaya now... :D
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly