NATION

PASSWORD

no reason wars

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Gillenor
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 16, 2009
Ex-Nation

no reason wars

Postby Gillenor » Sun May 17, 2009 7:45 am

to many times nations even regions are going
to war with others for no reason
how can this be put a stop to?
The Kingdom of Gillenor is a federal parliamentary monarchy. It's current governing party (Unionist Party) are centre-left.

Philimbesi
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: no reason wars

Postby Philimbesi » Sun May 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Gillenor wrote:to many times nations even regions are going

Everyone can just do what I say... then we'll all be fine.
The Unified States Of Philimbesi
The Honorable Josiah Bartlett - President

Ideological Bulwark #235

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sun May 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Philimbesi wrote:

Everyone can just do what I say... then we'll all be fine.

No, you'll do as I say, remember I've got access to the freaking Chuichistani Death Star.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Teaulictin
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 01, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Teaulictin » Sun May 17, 2009 1:21 pm

Why do we want it to stop?

Bavin
Negotiator

Founded: May 11, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavin » Sun May 17, 2009 1:22 pm

It's because they are noobs, and didn't read the wonderful guide by third Spanish states at the top of II
The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.- Carl Sagan

Rutianas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutianas » Sun May 17, 2009 1:22 pm

Flibbleites wrote:No, you'll do as I say, remember I've got access to the freaking Chuichistani Death Star.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

All hail Supreme Master Bob! :twisted:

Romandium
Political Columnist

Founded: May 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Romandium » Sun May 17, 2009 1:37 pm

Maybe because..we...like to fight war!!!!

Tzorsland
Diplomat

Founded: May 08, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Tzorsland » Sun May 17, 2009 2:11 pm

Flibbleites wrote:No, you'll do as I say, remember I've got access to the freaking Chuichistani Death Star.

You may have access to the "freaking Chuichistani Death Star," but we have access to the complete schema for the platform, and we know someone stupid enough to exploit its only fatal weakness. Don't make us use Flash Blonde against you. (The farce is strong in that one, from what I've been told.)
"A spindizzy going sour makes the galaxy's most unnerving noise!"
"Cruise lightspeed smooth and slient with this years sleek NEW Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator."
AKA Retired WerePenguins Frustrated Franciscans Blue Booted Bobbies A Running Man Dirty Americans

North Wiedna
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 01, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby North Wiedna » Sun May 17, 2009 2:17 pm

It was Naumann's fault!
He declared war on us!
I am not at all interested in immortality, only in the taste of tea.

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Sun May 17, 2009 5:51 pm

Tzorsland wrote:

You may have access to the "freaking Chuichistani Death Star," but we have access to the complete schema for the platform, and we know someone stupid enough to exploit its only fatal weakness. Don't make us use Flash Blonde against you. (The farce is strong in that one, from what I've been told.)

If you're referring to the extraneous exhaust port, it's been removed. Besides, you really don't want it to be blown up right now, it's currently parked in a location where if it were to explode, most of the debris would fall on your nation.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Mon May 18, 2009 4:45 am

Flibbleites wrote:
Tzorsland wrote:

If you're referring to the extraneous exhaust port, it's been removed. Besides, you really don't want it to be blown up right now, it's currently parked in a location where if it were to explode, most of the debris would fall on your nation.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Besides that explosion is only going to blow the top and the bottom of conveniently leaving the main weapon intact. None-the-less I'm sure there's another weakness probably an opening around 2 meters which is good cause, I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back home, they're not much bigger than two meters.
Last edited by Philimbesi on Mon May 18, 2009 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ideological Bulwark #235

Justorica
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Justorica » Mon May 18, 2009 5:02 am

No, you'll do as I say, remember I've got access to the freaking Chuichistani Death Star.

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Ha ha ha! Don't you remember? I stole the keys to the mini van that takes you to the death star. And then I stole the keys to the death star. Oh ya, that's right after I stole the keys I hit you with the "Ancient Justorican Rake of Make Someone Forget What You Stole."

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Mon May 18, 2009 7:07 am

Justorica wrote:

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Ha ha ha! Don't you remember? I stole the keys to the mini van that takes you to the death star. And then I stole the keys to the death star. Oh ya, that's right after I stole the keys I hit you with the "Ancient Justorican Rake of Make Someone Forget What You Stole."

You stole the keys to a minivan from me? That's odd, I've never owned a minivan. After all, I'm single and have no kids, why on Earth would I need a minivan? Besides, how would a land based vehicle like a minivan be able to take someone to a space station like the Death Star?

Bob Flibble
WA Representative

Cobdenia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 14, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Cobdenia » Mon May 18, 2009 9:20 am

You're mighty deathstar is no match for my mighty death zeppellin...

Oh wait, hang, no. Your deathstar is probably far more powerful then the death zeppellin. I mean, all that can do is drop bombs and randomly explode when you least expect. Actually, I think it's more dangerous to the crew and passengers then those below it. Urm...

How would you like two free tickets to travel on the death zeppellin?
Sir Cyril MacLehose-Strangways-Jones, GCRC, LOG
Permanent Representative of the Raj of Cobdenia to the World Assembly
Proud member of the Green Ink Brigade

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Mon May 18, 2009 9:26 am

Cobdenia wrote:You're mighty deathstar is no match for my mighty death zeppellin...

Oh wait, hang, no. Your deathstar is probably far more powerful then the death zeppellin. I mean, all that can do is drop bombs and randomly explode when you least expect. Actually, I think it's more dangerous to the crew and passengers then those below it. Urm...

I submit that our Death Mini-Van of Hell can take both your Zepplin and your Death Star.

Ideological Bulwark #235

Dr Horrible Land
Lobbyist

Founded: May 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Dr Horrible Land » Mon May 18, 2009 10:30 am

In the name of the Evil League of Evil, we hereby declare war on Gillenor because by keeping horses as pets they have angered our great leader, Bad Horse.

See, there is a reason.

Cobdenia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobdenia » Mon May 18, 2009 11:19 am

Philimbesi wrote:
Cobdenia wrote:You're mighty deathstar is no match for my mighty death zeppellin...

I submit that our Death Mini-Van of Hell can take both your Zepplin and your Death Star.

"I accept your challenge!" retorted Sir Cyril, as he turned to his secretary

"Miss Heisenberg-Litte, get me the the Commander in Cheif of Zeppellin Command at the Air Ministry!"

"At once" Replied Miss Heisenberg-Little, picking up the telephone and contacting the operator. A couple of minutes passed as the connections were made (a suprisingly complicated procedure, considering all the technological switches due to the time warp), and handled the telephone to Sir Cyril. He began to speak into it

"What ho, is that CinCZep" he pronounced it Sinkzep

"Yes, Sir Cyril. What can I do for you"

"I want you to teach those Philimbisians a lessen they will never forget. Send the Death Zeppellin to take out there death mini-van"

"What's a mini van?"

"I haven't a clue."

"Right. Are you sure this is a good idea? I mean, remember what happened the last time we used the death zeppellin."

"Remember? I still have the singed trousers! But dammit, they're being obstreperous"

"Ob-what-er-what?"

"Bolshy"

"Ah, why didn't you say! Well, I'll see what I can do".

CinCZep put down his telephone, and started the procedure. Soon, the telephone lines were a flurry, until, eventually, the orders came through to 101 "Death Zeppellin" squadron, and thier commanding officer, Wing Commander Johnny "Fartflaps" MacGee. He turned to his men, and outlined the mission

"But Sir, isn't this rather stupid? I mean, remember what happened last time..."

"Yes, I do, Jupp, yes I do. My garden still hasn't recovered. But it must be done. Right men, to the Zeppelin"

They climed aboard the Death Zeppelin, with it's giant skull painted on the front, and, disengaged the mooring lines and engaged the Engine. MacGee turned to his number one

"Full Speed Ahead"

The Zeppellin moved impercetably faster

"I said Full Speed Ahead!"

"Sir, this is full speed ahead. We're in a f***ing zeppelin, in case you forgot...."
Last edited by Cobdenia on Mon May 18, 2009 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Philimbesi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Philimbesi » Mon May 18, 2009 11:41 am

Bartlet slammed his fist on his desk. "Damit who leaked the existence of the DMoH! Now I've got this lumbering balloon closing in"

"We're sorry sir, but we're not sure where the leak came from"

"Nevermind, we've been looking for a chance to test it, we might as well..."

"Ready the weapon"

In a garage under the presidential compound 5 members of the Philimbesi Army walked wordlessly to special holding area containing the DMoH. The were specially trained and icewater flowed in their veins, yet they were nervous... it was their first test, and the Death Zepplin was a well known and respected foe.

After correct codes were entered the garage door began to lift. There gleaming was a Modified Philimbesi FamilyTruckster Minivan, Avacado Green with wood vaneer panels, all windows tinted.

The pilot spoke first codenamed Dad, he was in charge of the loading of the van. "Ok only the essentials and I hope everyone went to the bathroom before we left the barracks because once we get moving I will not be pulling over till we get to the Death Zeppelin"

The back oped up and the rear gunners (little brother and little sister) began loading the weapons, after a minute the left gunner said dad is little sister is trying to bring the 30 MM gun again, you said I got to use it next! Little sister let little brother us the 30 we talked about this. Little sister looked up at the navigator, mom and said "Mom didn't little brother use the 30 last week", mom said "your right your sister gets the 30 this time". "You always take his side."

"Don't make me come back there, we're not even out of the garage yet!" Dad said.... and the loading of the weapons continued.

Ideological Bulwark #235

Cobdenia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Cobdenia » Mon May 18, 2009 2:18 pm

"Where are we number one?" asked MacGee, as they sailed over the sea

"Just coming to the end of Cobdenian Air Space, and about to pass through the time vortex. Shall I engage the RPCD?"

Due to Cobdenia's position as a 1930's nation in a time vortex , strange things happen when one leaves Cobdenian airspace and enters a different era - the most notable of which is all objects that pass through acheive contemporaneous form, i.e. a laptop brought from the modern era into Cobdenia turns into a typewriter, and a typewriter taken outside of Cobdenia becomes a laptop. However, as this effects everything, this can cause problems, for example, if one is flying a Eurofighter Typhoon into Cobdenia, it becomes a Hawker Fury - as most pilots of Eurofighter Typhoons would know how to fly a biplane, this isn't a problem for them. However, the reverse is not true. A Cobdenian Hawker Fury pilot flying into the modern would have no clue how to fly a Eurofighter, leading to inevitable problems. For this reason, Cobdenian scientist created the Role Play Convenience Device, or RPCD. This prevents Cobdenian objects from taking on a modern form by convincing the object itself that is not an old object, but rather a working reproduction of an old object, accurate to the finest detail, and thus avoiding the inherent problems of travel out of the vortex. Unfortunately, it doesn't work in reverse.

"Has this craft been out of the vortex before, number one?"

"No sir"

"Well, leave it off and see what happens"

They did. And as they passed through the vortex, they found that the Zeppelin had not, as they expected, turned itself into a futuristic zeppellin (due to the fact that there are no war zeppellins in the modern era), but rather turned itself into the equivalent - an intercontinental ballistic missile, with several scared members of the Royal Cobdenian Air Force clinging on to the side"Turn it on! Turn it f***ing on!" shouted the MacGee, through the shreiking wind

"I can't reach it" screamed the first officer

"Can anyone reach the damned thing"

"I am able to do the reaching of the device, Wing Commander sahib" replied one of native Cobdenian aircraftmen, in his sing song accent.

"Well, bloody well engage it"

"Oh, yes sahib. It will be done ec dum jeldi, sahib" He replied, flicking the switch. As suddenly as it had changed to a an ICBM, it returned to it's natural form of a zeppellin, though now instead of sturdy, upright crewmen in smart RCoAF uniforms , it was full of quivering wrecks in torn tunics and excrement stained trousers screaming for there respective mothers. The Wing Commander, being British, an officer, and a gentleman to boot, regained his composure, and stiffened his upper lip

"I think in future we will refrain from doing that."
Last edited by Cobdenia on Mon May 18, 2009 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Belriel
Bureaucrat

Founded: May 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Belriel » Mon May 18, 2009 3:41 pm

*scratches his head and proceeds to the next topic*

Advertisement

Remove ads