NATION

PASSWORD

NEW DRAFT PROPOSAL: Internet recommendation

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
AnNur-LIGHT
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 13, 2009
Ex-Nation

NEW DRAFT PROPOSAL: Internet recommendation

Postby AnNur-LIGHT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:49 pm

PROPOSAL: that the WA and the each country takes additional effort to "rewire" it's territory with technological means to establish effective Internet access to all citizens of the world.

This communication advancement will bring additional coherence among people, states, and backing up businesses with additional advantage of up-to-date technology and information exchange.

Scientific research will also be boosted, taking considerably less time to exchange information among scientist all over the world, thus leading to more prosperous life for everyone.

Education will prosper, as all human knowledge will be freely put "on-line", thus furthering interplanetary cooperation.

This suggestion CREATES responsibilities towards countries and WA, and will ensure the following:[/b]

- that countries work to popularize Internet access and it's availability
- put proposals for new ways of exchanging information via Internet
- developing and researching new IT standards that also enhance Internet access as well put a unique framework of information data exchange
- make sure that all the IT standards are compatible among each other
- make recommendations on world wide Internet usage and the ways of it's implementation
- print out on a yearly basis several documents regarding the technological recommendations, newsletters, and statistical data concerning each state

Every university is encouraged to take part in this project, and will be completely based on individual and group research and knowledge. Prominent scientists IT related and other technology academics are encouraged to work on this project, thus establishing a high quality of standards. But everyone is free to make suggestions on the Internet development.

Let us share knowledge, and let us share peace.
Last edited by AnNur-LIGHT on Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: NEW DRAFT PROPOSAL: Internet recommendation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:09 pm

(OOC: I do not think the World Assembly can create a committee that's not answerable to the World Assembly...)

AnNur-LIGHT
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby AnNur-LIGHT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:42 pm

WA wouldn't be responsible in maeking such a body, but just recognizing the need fort the planetary internet. The body is only of technical relevance --- I can make that each university all over the world will take some part in the IAB which is virtual legal entity.... Ha? What say yee? ;)

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:54 pm

AnNur-LIGHT wrote:WA wouldn't be responsible in maeking such a body, but just recognizing the need fort the planetary internet. The body is only of technical relevance --- I can make that each university all over the world will take some part in the IAB which is virtual legal entity.... Ha? What say yee? ;)

Ok, let me put this simply, some WA nations live on single planet. others are form other planets.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

AnNur-LIGHT
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby AnNur-LIGHT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:01 pm

I'll change it to accord all the worlds and all the planets. Right?

The Emmerian Unions
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby The Emmerian Unions » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:13 pm

AnNur-LIGHT wrote:I'll change it to accord all the worlds and all the planets. Right?

Think so, but I'm not exactly sure, I'd have to defer to a more experianced WA member.
The Cake is a lie!
<<Peace through Fear and Superior Firepower>>

STOP AMERICAN IMPERIALISM? America is ANTI-IMPERIAL!
Ifreann wrote:"And in world news, the United States has recently elected Bill Gates as God Emperor For All Time. Foreign commentators believe that Gates' personal fortune may have played a role in his victory, but criticism from the United States of Gates(as it is now known) has been sparse and brief."
For good Russian Rock Radio, go here.
Please note, I rarely go into NSG. If I post there, please do not expect a response from me.
ALL HAIL THE GODDESS REPLOID PRODUCTIONS!

Absolvability
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Absolvability » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:07 pm

I think we all know what is meant when one says 'the world.' However, it is definately a sign of professionalism to be as all-inclusive as possible. One must respect the diversity Assembled here.

OOC: Whatever agency you make is going to be accountable to the WA... but you don't have to worry about it. It'll function mystically and without fail-- which is precisely why we staff them with invisible WA gnomes. This also means that it'd be illegal to have Universities taking part in the IAB. They can donate to it... share knowledge with it... recieve money/knowledge back or whatever, but all of this is strictly implied. Don't describe the 'interaction,' per se, and more importantly don't set up any sort of administration or staff. It'll take care of itself.

AnNur-Light wrote:- to administer the .domains in which states, businesses and people would open on their own behalf

I wonder if this means that the IAB will be the sole administrator of all webpages? Not only would this make a lot of individuals happy, but it would crash many businesses that provide such services for money.
Antonius Veloci
Ambassador of The Event Horizon of Absolvability

Rutianas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Rutianas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:56 pm

What's this Internet? Is it similar to our Comsat?

Point here is that not everyone has this Internet you speak of. Some nations may not even have computers because they don't have the technological level yet. Some nations may not use computers by choice. And you want to force them to update or use the technology?

The Imperial Republic says no.

Paula Jenner, Rutianas Ambassador

Surote
Ambassador

Founded: May 19, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Surote » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:00 pm

AnNur-LIGHT wrote:PROPOSAL: that the WA and the each country takes additional effort to "rewire" it's territory with technological means to establish effective Internet access to all citizens of the world.

This communication advancement will bring additional coherence among people, states, and backing up businesses with additional advantage of up-to-date technology and information exchange.

Scientific research will also be boosted, taking considerably less time to exchange information among scientist all over the world, thus leading to more prosperous life for everyone.

Education will prosper, as all human knowledge will be freely put "on-line", thus furthering interplanetary cooperation.

This suggestion CREATES an Internet Advancement Body, a technology regulatory agency completely free from WA and all states, as it's independence will ensure the following:
- put proposals for new ways of exchanging information via Internet
- developing and researching new IT standards that also enhance Internet access as well put a unique framework of information data exchange
- to administer the .domains in which states, businesses and people would open on their own behalf
- print out on a yearly basis several documents regarding the technological recommendations, newsletters, and statistical data concerning each state

***Every university will take part in this IAB, will be completely based individual and group research and knowledge.***

The hq of the Internet Advancement Body can be put anywhere in the world, as it would be a VIRTUAL LEGAL ENTITY, thus reducing the costs, but only prominent scientist IT related and other technology academics would be able to work there, thus establishing a high quality of standards. But everyone would be free to make suggestions on the Internet development.

Let us share knowledge, and let us share peace.

More of the states responisiblity

Morlago
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morlago » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:04 pm

I don't think that this proposal will get my 'for' vote. It limits my freedoms for using the internet, one of the most basic technologies in my nation.
Angelo Gervoski
Minister of WA Affairs of
The United Islands of Morlago
Yë Morre Waidamün i Mórlago

DEFCON: 1 2 (Low) 3 4 5 6

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33
Graph
Center-left social moderate.
Left: 2.2, Libertarian: 0.75
Foreign Policy: -6.11 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture: -6.31 (Cultural liberal)

AnNur-LIGHT
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby AnNur-LIGHT » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:43 pm

I can see and tell that there are some problems with this IAbody. This is something akin to our existing WWW body, that makes WWW standards and technology assessments. IT DOES NOT CONTROL ANYONE OR ANYTHING. IT DOES NOT DECIDE WHO PUTS SOMETHING UP OR DON'T. IT JUST MAKES RECOMMENDATIONS IT RELATED AND WWW TECH. RELATED. Thats all... ;o)

AnNur-LIGHT
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby AnNur-LIGHT » Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:09 pm

I'll change the INTERNET BODY - it will work without it, I'll make those responsibilities direct to countries....

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:26 pm

[OOC: You can't put formatting in a submitted proposal. It's great for the forums, but doesn't work in that part of the game.]
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:27 am

AnNur-LIGHT wrote:PROPOSAL: that the WA and the each country takes additional effort to "rewire" it's territory with technological means to establish effective Internet access to all citizens of the world.

OOC: And as there aren't any "citizens of the world", this wouldn't actually require nations to do anything at all... ;)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly