NATION

PASSWORD

HELP!

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Leviticus Isles
Envoy

Founded: May 09, 2009
Ex-Nation

HELP!

Postby Leviticus Isles » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:29 am

I think I might have made a mistake, but being in the WA, if someone gets a resolution passed to disband all military forces for the WA, can that crush my military?

What I'm asking is. If a bill gets passed that I don't like, for example one that dissolve my military, does it automatically happen no matter what?

Fighter4u
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 11, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: HELP!

Postby Fighter4u » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:30 am

Your question belongs here

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewforum.php?f=15.

But no it won't.
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.

About the U.S invading Canada.
New Manvir wrote:
greed and death wrote:Kill the commies, seize all banking assets.

Well, knowing America's sense of Geography, we'll have you guys marching into the Gulf of Mexico before you realize you've made a mistake.

Mallorea and Riva should resign.

MODERATORS READ YOUR TG's WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

Maurepas
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 17, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Maurepas » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:38 am

Fighter4u wrote:
But no it won't.

It happens in the sense that you will get a telegram saying that "Laws have been in acted to bring "Nation X" into line with "Resolution X"...

But, much like the real UN it will have little to no effect on your nation, and you dont have to actually acknowledge it...

Aylandlandfive
Civilian

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Aylandlandfive » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:17 am

My Nation doesnt have military to speak of. All pervaive police force though.

Daynor
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 25, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Daynor » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:21 am

Maurepas wrote:But, much like the real UN it will have little to no effect on your nation, and you dont have to actually acknowledge it...

It does effect your stats. But not a lot.
Last edited by Daynor on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Young Libertarian Conservative
Political Compass: (2.63,-1.44)
Delegate of the Conservative Coalition
Ambassador Franklin Tanner
ლ(゚д゚ლ)
Daynor

The Great Lord Tiger
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Lord Tiger » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:24 am

Leviticus Isles wrote:I think I might have made a mistake, but being in the WA, if someone gets a resolution passed to disband all military forces for the WA, can that crush my military?

What I'm asking is. If a bill gets passed that I don't like, for example one that dissolve my military, does it automatically happen no matter what?

A.) There will never be a WA rez to disband all military forces. Ever. And if there is, it will lose to a crushing majority.

B.) Besides, the RPing, WA, and NS worlds are all different. Nothing the WA does can affect stats of your NS page (because they don't affect the coding). WA resolutions only matter in RPing if you make a point to mention them. Otherwise, while the first and last points may overlap, and the two former rarely (if ever), WA and NS page stats/info will never interact.

Daynor wrote:
Maurepas wrote:But, much like the real UN it will have little to no effect on your nation, and you dont have to actually acknowledge it...

Since when?
Last edited by The Great Lord Tiger on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
All my II/RP information:
JOLT VETERAN

Member of: League of Armed Neutrality & Inter-Galactic Security Council

Immortal Lands of the Great Lord Tiger - "Imglot" | Imglot Fleet Warning Level (IFWAL): 1|2|3|4|5
Imglot Factbook | Terrestrial Military | Stellar Military | Forces
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.74
I just about the same as Romano Prodi, according to the international chart

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:29 am

The Great Lord Tiger wrote:
Leviticus Isles wrote:I think I might have made a mistake, but being in the WA, if someone gets a resolution passed to disband all military forces for the WA, can that crush my military?

A.) There will never be a WA rez to disband all military forces. Ever. And if there is, it will lose to a crushing majority.

B.) Besides, the RPing, WA, and NS worlds are all different. Nothing the WA does can affect stats of your NS page (because they don't affect the coding). WA resolutions only matter in RPing if you make a point to mention them. Otherwise, while the first and last points may overlap, and the two former rarely (if ever), WA and NS page stats/info will never interact.

Daynor wrote:

Since when?

Since the beginning. Any resolution that gets passed in the 'Global Disarmament' category, for example, would reduce your nation's (nominal) defence budget...
(Well, it will if your nation is actually a member of the WA when that resolution passes...)
Last edited by Bears Armed on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

The Great Lord Tiger
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Lord Tiger » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:31 am

Bears Armed wrote:
The Great Lord Tiger wrote:A.) There will never be a WA rez to disband all military forces. Ever. And if there is, it will lose to a crushing majority.

Daynor wrote:It does effect your stats. But not a lot.

Since when?

Since the beginning. Any resolution that gets passed in the 'Global Disarmament' category, for example, would reduce your nation's (nominal) defence budget...

...lol?

Welp, guess I need to leave the WA then. Unless a resolution voted down in that category would INCREASE defense?
Last edited by The Great Lord Tiger on Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
All my II/RP information:
JOLT VETERAN

Member of: League of Armed Neutrality & Inter-Galactic Security Council

Immortal Lands of the Great Lord Tiger - "Imglot" | Imglot Fleet Warning Level (IFWAL): 1|2|3|4|5
Imglot Factbook | Terrestrial Military | Stellar Military | Forces
My political compass
Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.74
I just about the same as Romano Prodi, according to the international chart

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:34 am

The Great Lord Tiger wrote:
Bears Armed wrote:
The Great Lord Tiger wrote:Since when?

...lol?

Welp, guess I need to leave the WA then. Unless a resolution voted down in that category would INCREASE defense?

A proposal that fails to pass has no effects on stats: What you'd want to see is passed 'International Security' resolutions...
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly