NATION

PASSWORD

The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm

"You people are lucky, I get a 500th floor closet, and apparently, no guns in the debate hall. What kind of logic is that."Sergei replied.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:02 pm

The Tomb Keepers wrote:
Astro-Malsitari WA Seat wrote:
"I usually take the stairs. Today, however, I rappelled down through a ventilation shaft."

"...What madhouse have I gotten myself into?"

The past kind there is! A fun one!
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

The Tomb Keepers
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomb Keepers » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:03 pm

"How many floors are there?"
Baronness Seija Fatine, Ambassador to the WA

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:05 pm

"No one knows for sure" Simone replied.

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Astro-Malsitari WA Seat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:"You people are lucky, I get a 500th floor closet, and apparently, no guns in the debate hall. What kind of logic is that."Sergei replied.

Giovanni, waxing sarcastic, said, "Indeed, why on earth should we not permit lethal weapons into an area where everyone has diplomatic immunity?"

The Tomb Keepers wrote:"How many floors are there?"

"Beats me. If you stand at the bottom and crane your neck to look up, you still can't see the top."
Last edited by Astro-Malsitari WA Seat on Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Representing the interests of Malsitar and Astrolinium in the World Assembly
| The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Giovanni Romero, PhD | Chief Justice and Vice Magister of The South |
| The Unified Federal Republics of Malsitar | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Chandler Whitt, LLD | Citizen of Spiritus |
And of course, Giovanni's illegitimate child and everyone's favorite pervy teen, Melvin Ruiz Walsh-Romero!

The Tomb Keepers
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomb Keepers » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 pm

"I shall endeavor to find the top of the building! Certainly beats debating..." Seija left.
Last edited by The Tomb Keepers on Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Astro-Malsitari WA Seat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:12 pm

The Tomb Keepers wrote:"I shall endeavor to find the top of the building! Certainly beats debating..."

"Good luck. I've been told it goes on for a mile or two at least."
| The Sublime Island Kingdom of Astrolinium | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Giovanni Romero, PhD | Chief Justice and Vice Magister of The South |
| The Unified Federal Republics of Malsitar | Ambassador to the WA: Dr. Chandler Whitt, LLD | Citizen of Spiritus |
And of course, Giovanni's illegitimate child and everyone's favorite pervy teen, Melvin Ruiz Walsh-Romero!

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 10, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:17 pm

Xeraph wrote:
Hittanryan wrote:"He didn't say," Friedman replied as he dumped a large pile of change into the jukebox, "but I'm afraid someone's already selected the music we'll be hearing for the next few...hours or so." If he had to endure country music, Friedman couldn't be held responsible for his actions.

Dingus turned to the man who spoke to him and said, with a mouthful of meat pie, "Y'know there, Bub, I be likin' music...both kinds. Country and western." As the first notes of 'Coal Miner's Daughter' rang out across the bar, Dingus slapped his knee and shouted, "Yep! Dat's what I'm talkin' about, right dere. Yessiree Bob, that there's a real toe tapper."

He didn't notice the fork flying through the air directly in line with his head...........

Thankfully "Won't Get Fooled Again" by The Who starts up on the jukebox, preempting any unforeseen consequences on Friedman's part. Having already quoted "The Blues Brothers" earlier, Friedman declined to comment on Dingus' tastes in music. Should he catch more than a few notes of country, however, he might be forced to emulate a different John Belushi character.

He then excuses himself, exits the bar and returns a few minutes later.
In-character name of the nation is "Adiron," because I like the name better.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:26 pm

Sergei's phone rings and he answers "Da...What?...You sure?.....You sure?....This is bad.. What'a the sit rep in Moscawa...Oh God... Ok.... Yes, immediately." He switches off the phone and says urgently to Simone "Remember the bunker." She responded "Yeah, why?" He replied to her "Well, you know Quebexico..they just split and the government is planning to arrest you." She replied back "Oh crap, who told you?" He responded "The secretary,lets go." They climbed down into the bunker. Five minutes, 5 men dressed in black walked in and said "Have you seen Simone Callier?" They held up a poster and waited for a response.

Sovreignry
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sovreignry » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:27 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Sergei's phone rings and he answers "Da...What?...You sure?.....You sure?....This is bad.. What'a the sit rep in Moscawa...Oh God... Ok.... Yes, immediately." He switches off the phone and says urgently to Simone "Remember the bunker." She responded "Yeah, why?" He replied to her "Well, you know Quebexico..they just split and the government is planning to arrest you." She replied back "Oh crap, who told you?" He responded "The secretary,lets go." They climbed down into the bunker. Five minutes, 5 men dressed in black walked in and said "Have you seen Simone Callier?" They held up a poster and waited for a response.

William looks at the poster. "No, I can't say I have. Are you sure she's been in here?"
From the desk of
William Chocox Ambassador from The Unitary Kingdom of Sovreignry
Office 50, fifth floor, farthest from the elevator
You're supposed to be employing the arts of diplomacy, not the ruddy great thumping sledgehammers of diplomacy. -Ardchoille
It would be easier just to incorporate a "Grief Region" button, so you wouldn't even need to make the effort to do the actual raiding. Players could just bounce from region to region and destroy everyone else's efforts at will, without even bothering about WA status. Wouldn't that be nice. -Frisbeeteria

Why yes, we are better looking: UDL

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:28 pm

The leader said "Yes, we've been tracking her phone, now has anyone seen her."

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:The leader said "Yes, we've been tracking her phone, now has anyone seen her."

"Who? Oh, her," he said as the man held up the poster. "I think she left about an hour ago," Friedman said. He wasn't sure why he was helping the insane delegation, pity perhaps? The girl had to have some pretty serious personal issues to stay with a guy who tried to shoot her unnecessarily. Covering his ass, he added, "...but I could be mistaken."

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm

The leader spoke again "Back to base guys." They walked out and 5 minutes later Sergei and Simone reappeared form the bunker shaft covered in dust.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:42 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:The leader spoke again "Back to base guys." They walked out and 5 minutes later Sergei and Simone reappeared form the bunker shaft covered in dust.

"You two now each owe me $50,000," Friedman stated flatly to both of them. "Oh, and Neville nixed your free round of drinks. Standing policy, after all."

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:45 pm

Sergei retorted "You want to end up like her or do you want to take back the fee?" Simone stood there looking at Friedman, arms crossed with an angry glare across her face.

Hittanryan
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Hittanryan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:Sergei retorted "You want to end up like her or do you want to take back the fee?" Simone stood there looking at Friedman, arms crossed with an angry glare across her face.

"Well, I mean, I guess I could go grab your *ahem* friends...ah fine. No charge this time. You two still owe me big for getting rid of those guards," Friedman replied, relenting.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:03 pm

"I'll buy you a drink for now,Ok and I we you one and that doesn't include money." Sergei said.

Sathera
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Sathera » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Hans sat at the bar, drinking his mead and processing his thoughts. Whether it be the mead, the insanity surrounding the bar, or his actual feelings, Hans felt compelled to stand up. "Everyone," he said aloud, "I'd like to make a toast. When I walked into this bar, I was as serious and stiff as a plank of wood, but now that I've gotten to enjoy this bar, I have to say, you all are the most wonderful, insane people I've ever met." Hans raised his glass. "I wish prosperity, peace, and fortune, to you all."
Unter unserer glorreichen Imperiums wir regieren!
Für Sathera wir kämpfen! Für Sathera wir lieben!

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Astro-Malsitari WA Seat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:34 pm

Sathera wrote:Hans sat at the bar, drinking his mead and processing his thoughts. Whether it be the mead, the insanity surrounding the bar, or his actual feelings, Hans felt compelled to stand up. "Everyone," he said aloud, "I'd like to make a toast. When I walked into this bar, I was as serious and stiff as a plank of wood, but now that I've gotten to enjoy this bar, I have to say, you all are the most wonderful, insane people I've ever met." Hans raised his glass. "I wish prosperity, peace, and fortune, to you all."

Giovanni smiled, and raised his glass as well. "Thank you. I assume you'll be buying the next round of drinks?"

The Tomb Keepers
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomb Keepers » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:44 pm

Seija stumbles into the bar. "Bartender, get me a freaking drink. I was able to get to floor 563, then found a group of people who had gotten lost in the building and formed their own tribal society. I do not recomend you go above floor 557. Just don't."

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Astro-Malsitari WA Seat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:45 pm

The Tomb Keepers wrote:Seija stumbles into the bar. "Bartender, get me a freaking drink. I was able to get to floor 563, then found a group of people who had gotten lost in the building and formed their own tribal society. I do not recomend you go above floor 557. Just don't."

"What's really fun is floor 666."

The Tomb Keepers
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomb Keepers » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:47 pm

The Tomb Keepers wrote:Seija stumbles into the bar. "Bartender, get me a freaking drink. I was able to get to floor 563, then found a group of people who had gotten lost in the building and formed their own tribal society. I do not recomend you go above floor 557. Just don't."

"What's up there? Can't be any worse than the troll."

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Astro-Malsitari WA Seat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:49 pm

The Tomb Keepers wrote:

"What's up there? Can't be any worse than the troll."

"Fire and flame and shadow and stale Cheetos."

The Tomb Keepers
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tomb Keepers » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:51 pm

The Tomb Keepers wrote:"What's up there? Can't be any worse than the troll."

"Fire and flame and shadow and stale Cheetos."

"...I see. I'll keep that in mind when I reach there. Thanks for the tip. But I am still going to get to the top of the building, and nothing will stand in my way!"

Astro-Malsitari WA Seat
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Astro-Malsitari WA Seat » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:55 pm

The Tomb Keepers wrote:
Astro-Malsitari WA Seat wrote:"Fire and flame and shadow and stale Cheetos."

"...I see. I'll keep that in mind when I reach there. Thanks for the tip. But I am still going to get to the top of the building, and nothing will stand in my way!"

Giovanni raised his glass again. "Good for you! If you find there's more than 800 or so, I'd advise taking an oxygen mask if oxygen is something you breathe."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly