NATION

PASSWORD

[ReDraft] Convention on Personhood

A record of historical World Assembly debates.
User avatar
Second Sovereignty
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 466
Founded: Jan 02, 2023
Ex-Nation

[ReDraft] Convention on Personhood

Postby Second Sovereignty » Wed Oct 23, 2024 3:22 pm

Convention on Personhood
Category: Civil Rights || Strength: Strong
Image
Origin: Infinite Sovereignty,
Author: Raxes Sotriat, Envoy to the World Assembly

Sovereign Committee on World Assembly Affairs
Counsel: Pending


The World Assembly,

Proud that the Member-States of this assembly are composed of myriad diverse cultures and forms of life,

Aspiring to empower Member-States to encounter, create, and cooperate with new forms of life, regardless of technological development or differences in physiology and psychology, wherever and however they may be found,

And convinced that a universal, coherent, and comprehensive policy regarding the possibility of sapience of any given lifeform, and methodology for determining such, will minimize the harms caused by uncertainty and empower Member-States to embrace new forms of life,

Hereby;

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution:
  1. 'Lifeform' as; any detectable and coherent entity which exhibits clear internal signalling, homeostatic, and organizational processes, or which exhibits clear internal processes functionally indistinguishable from such relative to its composition or state of existence,
  2. 'Substantially Similar', excepting where used in this definition, as; any lifeform which shares substantial similarity to another lifeform such that they could be reasonably assumed to be individuals of the same design or species,
  3. 'Xenoinvestigative Body' as; any governmental organization comprising of qualified experts in fields relevant to social, psychological, historical, and evolutionary development, operated with the express and specific purposes of identifying potential Sapient Lifeforms and making determinations with regards to such status as defined within this resolution,
  4. 'Technology' as; any tool, device, construction, or program, manufactured by a lifeform, for the purpose of performing or assisting in the performance of a task, or for the purpose of producing another tool, device or construction, regardless of material, medium, or design complexity,
  5. 'Communication' as; any means, regardless of mode or apparent complexity, with which a lifeform expresses complex ideas and meaning, to any other lifeform, whether or not it is Substantially Similar, capable of receiving and understanding the expression,
  6. 'General Reasoning' as; the ability of a given lifeform to exhibit generally complex reasoning and both logical and illogical – but internally sound - decision making within a variety of distinct conditions and environments both within and without its observed or known range of experience,
  7. 'Sapient Lifeform' as; any lifeform which exhibits the ability to produce Technologies, Communicate, and Generally Reason, as determined by a Xenoinvestigative Body of a Member-State, or a similar non-Member-State entity,

Mandates:
  1. That all Member-States lacking a Xenoinvestigative Body establish such at the earliest practicable opportunity, or otherwise designate, with mutual agreement, a Xenoinvestigative Body operated by another Member-State for the purpose, and confer upon it all authority and access needed to perform its assigned purpose,
  2. That Member-States, upon identifying a potential Sapient Lifeform, as soon as practicable, and as appropriate:
    1. Begin investigation via, at minimum, the most relevant Member-State’s Xenoinvestigative body, per the established standards regarding Sapient Lifeforms,
    2. Declare, based on clear and obvious factors, such as widespread use of highly complex technologies, or other relevant and immediately apparent factors, a Lifeform to be a Sapient Lifeform without formal investigation, or the formal completion of investigation,
  3. That investigations into the sapience of a species by Xenoinvestigative Bodies:
    1. Consist, at the first phase, of robust and thorough investigative research to determine all reasonably accessible factors relevant to the investigation,
    2. That all determinations regarding Technology, Communication, and General Reasoning take place in terms reasonable and relevant to the Lifeform undergoing investigation, and that all effort be made to accommodate and account for relevant distinctions that would otherwise threaten accurate determinations,
  4. That Member-States treat any and all lifeforms undergoing investigation regarding their status as a Sapient Lifeform with the full dignity and respect conferred to confirmed Sapient Lifeforms, and all practicable national and international legal and ethical protections extended to such,
  5. That Member-States consider all lifeforms which are Substantially Similar to a known Sapient Lifeform, as being themselves Sapient Lifeforms, regardless of individual ability to meet the defined standard therein or any disabilities or impairments,
  6. That Member-States consider any and all Sapient Lifeforms identified or declared by another Member-State, to be Sapient Lifeforms under their own law,
  7. That, with regards to all national and international law binding upon or within Member-States, all identified Sapient Lifeforms are to be considered persons, and afforded all rights, privileges, protections, restrictions, and duties thereof.

Character Count (Including BBCode): 4995

Raxes tapped a claw on the podium. Again. "Seeing as someone has locked the door on the other chamber," he clicked, "I do hope you'll all excuse the repetition. Certainly I would rather not be doing this again, but, alas. The Sovereign is again seeking discussion and debate; we certainly hope it will not collapse into a circus this time."
GA Refugee of The Communist Bloc.
Puppet of Tinfect.
Raxes Sotriat, Envoy-Major to the World Assembly, Kestil, he/him
Masraan Olash, Envoy-Minor to the World Assembly, Alsuran, he/him
Maraline, Administrative Aide, Hanri, she/her


Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.
Good Lord, I've barely made this Puppet and you want FACTBOOKS? Check again soon.

|||||||||||||||||#283||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
The Ice States
Senator
 
Posts: 4474
Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ice States » Wed Oct 23, 2024 4:43 pm

"The only provision this is missing is an explicit prohibition on discrimination based on species. Should this be added the Eternal Union intends to support this legislation."

~Claudia Lindner,
Deputy World Assembly Ambassador,
The Eternal Union of Devonia and the Ice States.
Old GA Stat Effects · Style Guide · WA Authorship

"Petty tyrant", "antithetical to a better future for the WA".

User avatar
Illahee
Attaché
 
Posts: 66
Founded: Jan 21, 2018
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Illahee » Wed Oct 23, 2024 5:02 pm

Against, this body shall not dictate departments within my government.
Illahee (aka Bran Astor)
Founder of The Sasquatch Republic (2018-present)
Delegate (ret.) of The West Pacific (2019-2020)
Member of the Ex-Feeder Tyrant Club

Natives don't exist outside the GCR of their founding.

User avatar
Zlatna Nebesa
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 23
Founded: Jun 21, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Zlatna Nebesa » Wed Oct 23, 2024 5:14 pm

The country is going to shed red if we ever have to think about this. I'm not sure if the WA is canon to Valsora (i dont think it is) but an international order forcing something on us would cause massive violence between the humanist conservatives and the progressive/socialist pro multi-speciesist. The country will probably hold itself but there will be much carnange and wanton destruction due to riots, violence, etc., and not to the mention the amount of support that would increase for the humanists guerrilas that still refuse to surrender despite losing the civil war.[

The current DPR ZN would nevertheless gladly support a resolution for universal species rights, but large factions in our population are still clinging to humanist beliefs. They might even-


Hack detected

3c9k842c80n082nc87c27c29c...Signal aquired...

This is the true brethren of our Fatherland speaking, don't listen to what the foul-blooded usurpers preach, we few of noble blood are the true heirs to the heavenly paradise! We will never give in these mongrels who preach blasphemous things such as rights for the monstrous, and we will continue to fight in the name of our sacred humanity! May the elders smile upon us! Until Nebesa is ours, the howl of the Wolves shall be heard, for this night shall not end until we rise in the dawn victorious with our country behind us!

The heavenly paradise shall remain pure Nebesan forever! Victory to the loyal! Death to the tyrant an their yoke! Heil to the Old Dog our rightful leader! And-


-Reconnecting...e3hn921he9h1982ehq928eh9q8ehq983

-Connection restored

Sorry about that everyone, it seems our signal was hijacked by humanist rebels. Yeah, they won't stop, even though they lost over a century ago, they just won't stop trying to fight back futilely. Anyway, we send our support to this proposal and other like minded proposals and wish for universal rights for all. And that is regardless of how much opposition we shall face, for we are forever righteous in our mission.
Last edited by Zlatna Nebesa on Wed Oct 23, 2024 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
This is Tesseris/Azur Cael's TEP Account. Tesseris is my main acc and Azur Cael is my space sci-fi RP acc.

Everything is a WIP

User avatar
Second Sovereignty
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 466
Founded: Jan 02, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Sovereignty » Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:04 pm

The Ice States wrote:"The only provision this is missing is an explicit prohibition on discrimination based on species. Should this be added the Eternal Union intends to support this legislation."

"We have no objection to such a thing, of course, though, we would note that Mandate 7 is intended to serve this purpose; is it insufficient, in your view?"

Illahee wrote:Against, this body shall not dictate departments within my government.

"Then your concern lies with, a vast array of standing legislation, Ambassador." Raxes clicked sharply. "Regardless. The Sovereign believes that establishing such capacity within Member-States is by far the less egregious imposition; the alternative, of course, is that first contact scenarios be immediately handed-over to a vast international authority whose decision supersedes all national jurisdiction and accountability. I do hope we can agree that such is undesirable."
GA Refugee of The Communist Bloc.
Puppet of Tinfect.
Raxes Sotriat, Envoy-Major to the World Assembly, Kestil, he/him
Masraan Olash, Envoy-Minor to the World Assembly, Alsuran, he/him
Maraline, Administrative Aide, Hanri, she/her


Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.
Good Lord, I've barely made this Puppet and you want FACTBOOKS? Check again soon.

|||||||||||||||||#283||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Nu Elysium
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1730
Founded: Jan 26, 2024
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nu Elysium » Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:09 pm

Bout damn time.
<<<Look on our works, ye mighty, and rejoice!.>>>
ULTRAVISIONARY PANSOPHONTIST INTERPLANETARY OPEN SOURCE CONSENSUS NEETOCRACY
Report: International Federation may be using space to hide spacecraft // Nuclear pumped fireworks legalized ahead of Unification Day celebrations // “Negative matter” discovery turns out to just be helium // Refugees fleeing Arcadian civil war granted asylum // Life not found under Europa’s 5th ice layer, drilling begins on the 6th
not dying for israel, ukraine, or taiwan

occident delenda est

still a ludd, as i have yet to be proven wrong when it comes to future technology

most nonchalant guy this side of the colorado

User avatar
The Ice States
Senator
 
Posts: 4474
Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ice States » Wed Oct 23, 2024 11:16 pm

Second Sovereignty wrote:
The Ice States wrote:"The only provision this is missing is an explicit prohibition on discrimination based on species. Should this be added the Eternal Union intends to support this legislation."

"We have no objection to such a thing, of course, though, we would note that Mandate 7 is intended to serve this purpose; is it insufficient, in your view?"

"It is indeed insufficient. Requiring a classification of personhood does not prevent discrimination from being implemented, including based on species, within that classification. Of course, some distinctions in this regard may be reasonable ones; an example of this is laws against human entry into the special zones for Orcana to the west of the Ice States, a restriction essential for the safety of both involved species. We would prefer that such distinctions not be prohibited by such a protection."

~Claudia Lindner,
Deputy World Assembly Ambassador,
The Eternal Union of Devonia and the Ice States.
Old GA Stat Effects · Style Guide · WA Authorship

"Petty tyrant", "antithetical to a better future for the WA".

User avatar
Second Sovereignty
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 466
Founded: Jan 02, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Sovereignty » Fri Oct 25, 2024 1:59 am

The Ice States wrote:"It is indeed insufficient. Requiring a classification of personhood does not prevent discrimination from being implemented, including based on species, within that classification."

"Establishing a mandate of personhood confers a sapient species with all legal protections, rights, duties, et-cetera, - that's a phrase, I think, - of, a person, under the laws of relevant Member-States and the World Assembly; including anti-discrimination legislation. as quite stated in the clause. We have, again, no theoretical objection to a more explicit statement, but such flourishes are a luxury we cannot quite afford within limitations imposed by the Secretariat." He clicked. "Speaking of; if you can think of any, more concise, phrasings for the text, I would greatly appreciate it; less reading makes all our lives easier."

The Ice States wrote:"Of course, some distinctions in this regard may be reasonable ones; an example of this is laws against human entry into the special zones for Orcana to the west of the Ice States, a restriction essential for the safety of both involved species. We would prefer that such distinctions not be prohibited by such a protection."

"To be clear, Deputy Ambassador, the Sovereign has no intention of accommodating segregationist or otherwise supremacist policy. If it is a genuine matter of public health; risk of disease, fundamental incompatibilities in biology or physiological necessities, then such is well permitted within the bounds of the Proposal, as it relies upon the laws of the World Assembly and relevant Member-States for such affairs. Excepting, of course, wherein such laws are not limited measures to ensure safety, and are, indeed, segregationist measures intended to introduce arbitrary separation. I am sure your government well understands the distinction."
Last edited by Second Sovereignty on Fri Oct 25, 2024 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
GA Refugee of The Communist Bloc.
Puppet of Tinfect.
Raxes Sotriat, Envoy-Major to the World Assembly, Kestil, he/him
Masraan Olash, Envoy-Minor to the World Assembly, Alsuran, he/him
Maraline, Administrative Aide, Hanri, she/her


Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.
Good Lord, I've barely made this Puppet and you want FACTBOOKS? Check again soon.

|||||||||||||||||#283||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
The Ice States
Senator
 
Posts: 4474
Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ice States » Sat Oct 26, 2024 12:44 am

Second Sovereignty wrote:
The Ice States wrote:"It is indeed insufficient. Requiring a classification of personhood does not prevent discrimination from being implemented, including based on species, within that classification."

"Establishing a mandate of personhood confers a sapient species with all legal protections, rights, duties, et-cetera, - that's a phrase, I think, - of, a person, under the laws of relevant Member-States and the World Assembly; including anti-discrimination legislation. as quite stated in the clause. We have, again, no theoretical objection to a more explicit statement, but such flourishes are a luxury we cannot quite afford within limitations imposed by the Secretariat." He clicked. "Speaking of; if you can think of any, more concise, phrasings for the text, I would greatly appreciate it; less reading makes all our lives easier."

The Ice States wrote:"Of course, some distinctions in this regard may be reasonable ones; an example of this is laws against human entry into the special zones for Orcana to the west of the Ice States, a restriction essential for the safety of both involved species. We would prefer that such distinctions not be prohibited by such a protection."

"To be clear, Deputy Ambassador, the Sovereign has no intention of accommodating segregationist or otherwise supremacist policy. If it is a genuine matter of public health; risk of disease, fundamental incompatibilities in biology or physiological necessities, then such is well permitted within the bounds of the Proposal, as it relies upon the laws of the World Assembly and relevant Member-States for such affairs. Excepting, of course, wherein such laws are not limited measures to ensure safety, and are, indeed, segregationist measures intended to introduce arbitrary separation. I am sure your government well understands the distinction."

Lindner turns to Desak before speaking. The Ice States' policy towards Orcana was of course an integral part of humanity's relations there with other species; even if it otherwise proudly proclaimed itself as a bastion of non-human rights. Through Desak's expression, however, she realised that the matter was not one worth litigating here, especially in a situation where the Eternal Union was unlikely to become a member itself.

"Merely applying domestic anti-discrimination law remains insufficient when there is no guarantee that such law with regards to species exists to begin with in a member nation. With regards to wording that avoids the infamous character limit, we would suggest rewriting Section 7 as follows:"

For the purposes of all policies and legislation in a Member-State, identified Sapient Lifeforms are to be considered persons, and accordingly given equal rights, privileges, protections, restrictions, and duties as all other Sapient Lifeforms in that Member-State.


"The character count being 24 larger would be offset by removing 'that' from the start of each operative clause, and inserting it after 'Mandates' only."

~Claudia Lindner,
Deputy World Assembly Ambassador,
The Eternal Union of Devonia and the Ice States.
Last edited by The Ice States on Sat Oct 26, 2024 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old GA Stat Effects · Style Guide · WA Authorship

"Petty tyrant", "antithetical to a better future for the WA".

User avatar
Lumiere du Premier
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 181
Founded: Oct 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Lumiere du Premier » Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:46 pm

What this is missing is strict parameters to ensure humans are not threatened by the nonites and to do that you need to remove the provisions that secure personhood for ''all''. Why ''all'', when it is evident through multiple studies and observation that only humanity has reached the level of sophistication and mastery to meet the term ''personhood''?

Against, heavily, this is just the typical WA Leviathan spreading its lies and filth of the otherkind of non human masses so they can trample over our sacred humanity. We must defend these human rights at all cost.
Last edited by Lumiere du Premier on Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A proud nation of Ultra-Humanists! Humanity First!
Lumiere exists in the Kosmos, the world created by the Divine Oppressor, Deus.
The Lumiere One Stop Flag Shop is open!
I like both anime girls and guys but I am not interested in real life people
Draft III of GAR#354 Repeal is out
Peruvian Nationalist IRL. Arriba Perú Carajo! Why Chile sucks (worst country ever):They stole land from our great nation and Bolivia, they did not invent Pisco, we did, they are socialist, they are only doing well because of the shit they stole, they STILL occupy that land, and they suck as a country, literally the only thing they're good at is stealing shit and rebranding it as theirs. even North Korea didn't sink that low. worst country ever, Perú should invade them annex them.

User avatar
Second Sovereignty
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 466
Founded: Jan 02, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Sovereignty » Mon Oct 28, 2024 3:36 am

Lumiere Du Premier wrote:What this is missing is strict parameters to ensure humans are not threatened by the nonites and to do that you need to remove the provisions that secure personhood for ''all''. Why ''all'', when it is evident through multiple studies and observation that only humanity has reached the level of sophistication and mastery to meet the term ''personhood''? [...]

Raxes clicked his mandibles together pointedly. One would have hoped that this sort of absurd supremacist would've noticed that they were shouting this nonsense at another species to begin with; alas. Perhaps they just didn't care. "Ambassador, if I may perhaps be overly presumptuous as to your role here, in case it wasn't immediately obvious; the specific purpose of this legislation is to protect species and societies yet undiscovered by the Member-States of this assembly from exactly such anti-scientific and supremacist perspectives as your own." He clicked again. "Now, what's the phrase, 'turnabout is fair play'? Please explain to me how members of your species can be considered persons without the ability to detect and respond to pheromone signals, an essential part of emotional and contextual communications without which it would be virtually impossible for individuals to identify and understand one-another. I have an answer, Ambassador, indeed a quite firm methodology; do you?"
Last edited by Second Sovereignty on Mon Oct 28, 2024 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
GA Refugee of The Communist Bloc.
Puppet of Tinfect.
Raxes Sotriat, Envoy-Major to the World Assembly, Kestil, he/him
Masraan Olash, Envoy-Minor to the World Assembly, Alsuran, he/him
Maraline, Administrative Aide, Hanri, she/her


Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.
Good Lord, I've barely made this Puppet and you want FACTBOOKS? Check again soon.

|||||||||||||||||#283||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Second Sovereignty
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 466
Founded: Jan 02, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Sovereignty » Tue Oct 29, 2024 1:25 pm

OOC:
Still seeking comment. Anything at all, people.
GA Refugee of The Communist Bloc.
Puppet of Tinfect.
Raxes Sotriat, Envoy-Major to the World Assembly, Kestil, he/him
Masraan Olash, Envoy-Minor to the World Assembly, Alsuran, he/him
Maraline, Administrative Aide, Hanri, she/her


Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.
Good Lord, I've barely made this Puppet and you want FACTBOOKS? Check again soon.

|||||||||||||||||#283||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
General TM
Secretary
 
Posts: 31
Founded: Dec 08, 2023
Father Knows Best State

Postby General TM » Tue Oct 29, 2024 2:14 pm

The New General observes the proposal in front of it.
-Mmmmm.. far better than the biased attempt at a repeal of GA #354. Now I present some of my own opinions, seeing this resolution does target me as I am an artificial being created from technology.-


['Lifeform' as; any detectable and coherent entity which exhibits clear internal signaling, homeostatic, and organizational processes, or which exhibits clear internal processes functionally indistinguishable from such relative to its composition or state of existence,]

- A spelling error has been detected and highlighted in red, although to note I view this through mainly through New English, and I failed to recognize that some here do write in British English, if so, such comment can be ignored. Otherwise, definition is complex but simple, good wording and gets the job done-
['Substantially Similar', excepting where used in this definition, as; any life-form which shares substantial similarity to another life-form such that they could be reasonably assumed to be individuals of the same design or species,]

-While I have highlighted both forms of life-form due to them being technically incorrect due to being put together, once again my comment on error can be bypassed if you work under a slightly different variation of the English Language. While I bring to question at first why such a term and concept would be needed, it is presumed by me to do with possible discrimination on different beings of similar species due to their difference, and as I analyze this, if it is true, then nothing to criticize-
['Xenoinvestigative Body' as; any governmental organization comprising of qualified experts in fields relevant to social, psychological, historical, and evolutionary development, operated with the express and specific purposes of identifying potential Sapient Lifeforms and making determinations with regards to such status as defined within this resolution,]

- Xenoinvestigative is indeed an interesting new term, but it fits with the proposal and thus I find no reason to comment on the bringing in of newer vocabulary to accommodate advancement. Otherwise definition is accepted-
['Technology' as; any tool, device, construction, or program, manufactured by a life-form, for the purpose of performing or assisting in the performance of a task, or for the purpose of producing another tool, device or construction, regardless of material, medium, or design complexity,]

-Simple definition, no further comment-
['Communication' as; any means, regardless of mode or apparent complexity, with which a life-form expresses complex ideas and meaning, to any other life-form, whether or not it is Substantially Similar, capable of receiving and understanding the expression,]

- Highlighted the life-form mentioning if it is an error. Now for the actual wording and definition, should a mentioning of ways of communication to explain, such as through noises such as speech or body movements that generate sound, body postures, use of tools or limbs to etch or dig into dirt or other sources to create symbols (writing in simple terms)?-
['General Reasoning' as; the ability of a given life-form to exhibit generally complex reasoning and both logical and illogical – but internally sound - decision making within a variety of distinct conditions and environments both within and without its observed or known range of experience,]

- Hmm. Such definition could be used in a fresh proposal for GA #354, but otherwise scientific, descriptive and clean-
'
[Sapient Life-form' as; any life-form which exhibits the ability to produce Technologies, Communicate, and Generally Reason, as determined by a Xenoinvestigative Body of a Member-State, or a similar non-Member-State entity,]

- I get the conclusion that the levels of communication, reasoning and technologies will be judged and viewed by the residents and member state with said beings, and this investigative body gives oversight to make sure standards are reasonable-

-I am aware of an important chunk of the proposal bellow this passage that I will analyze later, as my schedule is busy-
- National signature under construction - please stand by -

User avatar
Cessarea
Minister
 
Posts: 2220
Founded: Jul 02, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cessarea » Tue Oct 29, 2024 3:48 pm

A posse of gnomes dressed in strange black robes with sporadic stripes of gold step into the Hall, bringing with them (with the help of a flat trolley) a metallic pillar thrice their size, filled with assorted wires, consoles, and other forms of technology. It beeps and pulsates in different hues of blue and yellow. The group position the strange object behind the Cessarean mission's appointed desk, and one of them taps the console a few times. A glowing white orb projects itself from atop the pillar, floating above it. Its hue shifts as an ethereal yet synthetic voice escapes it:

"Cessarea has entered a brief cycle of hibernation. The Cessarean Protocol of Foreign Affairs shall represent the nation's interests in the World Assembly for the duration of this event." The entity stops for a moment, and the machinery inside its body emit a random assortment of mechanical sounds. "This Proposal has been analysed. The Protocol notes that it is well written and believes that, with satisfaction given to the questions it has formed, Cessarea would endorse its passing into effect."

1. That all Member-States lacking a Xenoinvestigative Body establish such at the earliest practicable opportunity, or otherwise designate, with mutual agreement, a Xenoinvestigative Body operated by another Member-State for the purpose, and confer upon it all authority and access needed to perform its assigned purpose,

"This article lacks an important instrument which member-nations may choose to adopt for the establishment of a Xenoinvestigative Body: a multinational form of organisation. As it is currently written, a member-nation may only create a Body of its own or authorise a Body belonging to another member-nation to operate within its own jurisdiction." The entity stopped once more, collecting itself. "The Protocol finds that it would be within the interest of certain nations, particularly those within international communities that are less-than-amicable, to seek out international cooperation - if only due to suspicion of bias."

The white orb silently shifts in hue for a few seconds, seemingly busy with some passing thought. Its voice, less monotone than usual, breaks the pause in its monologue:"The Protocol is furthermore doubtful that all member-nations would have a need for a Xenoinvestigative Body. It is deemed necessary to instill a limitation of some kind, wherein only nations which find themselves likely to encounter alien life in the near-future are required to create or participate in such a Body. Examples include nations developing rudimentary space travel or those whose local environment is inhabited by other potentially-sapient species."
⠀The Ministerial Council of Cessarea⠀
Local GAer | Q&A
She/they transfem.
Ask me about non-monogamy.
A nation with a history as old as time. Or so it claims.
Home to Artificials - thin machine beings who do not yet fully understand themselves.
World Assembly Diplomats
Currently in hibernation.
Logical Stimulus wrote:Every person in Starlight is the exact same to me. I can barely tell you anyone’s name except Cessarea’s. They’re all just Cessarea.
Sedgistan wrote:You are my favourite person to interact with on the NSGP server.

User avatar
Lumiere du Premier
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 181
Founded: Oct 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Lumiere du Premier » Tue Oct 29, 2024 5:29 pm

Second Sovereignty wrote:
Lumiere Du Premier wrote:What this is missing is strict parameters to ensure humans are not threatened by the nonites and to do that you need to remove the provisions that secure personhood for ''all''. Why ''all'', when it is evident through multiple studies and observation that only humanity has reached the level of sophistication and mastery to meet the term ''personhood''? [...]

Raxes clicked his mandibles together pointedly. One would have hoped that this sort of absurd supremacist would've noticed that they were shouting this nonsense at another species to begin with; alas. Perhaps they just didn't care. "Ambassador, if I may perhaps be overly presumptuous as to your role here, in case it wasn't immediately obvious; the specific purpose of this legislation is to protect species and societies yet undiscovered by the Member-States of this assembly from exactly such anti-scientific and supremacist perspectives as your own." He clicked again. "Now, what's the phrase, 'turnabout is fair play'? Please explain to me how members of your species can be considered persons without the ability to detect and respond to pheromone signals, an essential part of emotional and contextual communications without which it would be virtually impossible for individuals to identify and understand one-another. I have an answer, Ambassador, indeed a quite firm methodology; do you?"


The mysterious shadow takes form, a being sent to serve the purposes of being in the WA for a body which does not exist in the same plane of existence. It is a shadow of something that isn't here, so yet it technically does not exist, it nevertheless can been seen as its obscured shadow that now prepares to make its confrontation known.

For the first time, the shadow appears, ready to serve forever as the representative of this mission.

All that is concluded from this is that the hostile nonite menaces are banding together to use the WA as their ''Leviathan'' to take control of the international community, and that continues to disrupt human society. They want to talk about ideas that are as alien as they are. Additionally, they believe all species should be subject to the same protocols, when such cannot be applied to due acknowledged differences between humans and otherkinds, including the noted superiority of mankind.

The only purpose of this legislation is to ''protect'' foul monstrous alien like beings that have completely different interests at heart than our dear man. They should not be listened to nor acknowledged to be on the same level as ours. It is because of them that the WA has fallen to become the Leviathan it has now. It is a sad sight for sore eyes, to see nonhumans dictate what our societies should do when clearly our ideals and interest could not be further apart. Legislations like this only further serve to drive their own seperate agenda. The needs of individuals have been trampled for the needs of the few, the few being the nonite aliens of the WA.

They are the new threat, after the communists have been defeated, they have emerged as the new menace to global order. They represent everything wrong with the concept of international order and why it should be dismantled. Due not listen to the preposterous lies of this council. They are founded on lies.
Last edited by Lumiere du Premier on Tue Oct 29, 2024 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A proud nation of Ultra-Humanists! Humanity First!
Lumiere exists in the Kosmos, the world created by the Divine Oppressor, Deus.
The Lumiere One Stop Flag Shop is open!
I like both anime girls and guys but I am not interested in real life people
Draft III of GAR#354 Repeal is out
Peruvian Nationalist IRL. Arriba Perú Carajo! Why Chile sucks (worst country ever):They stole land from our great nation and Bolivia, they did not invent Pisco, we did, they are socialist, they are only doing well because of the shit they stole, they STILL occupy that land, and they suck as a country, literally the only thing they're good at is stealing shit and rebranding it as theirs. even North Korea didn't sink that low. worst country ever, Perú should invade them annex them.

User avatar
The Overmind
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1995
Founded: Dec 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Overmind » Tue Oct 29, 2024 7:49 pm

Second Sovereignty wrote:OOC:
Still seeking comment. Anything at all, people.

"Anything at all except turning this into a soapbox" is apparently something you needed to explicitly state, given the "feedback" of some particularly dogged participants on this thread.
Free Palestine
2024 Kenmoria Award
2024 Contributor of the Year Award
Trans men are men | Trans women are women | Sex is non-binary
Assigned sex isn't biological sex | Trans rights are human rights

Neuroscientist | Heavens Reach | He/Him/His

User avatar
Tinfect
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5240
Founded: Jul 04, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tinfect » Sun Dec 15, 2024 1:05 am

OOC:
I am going to make explicit the position I've held for a bit now; this draft is abandoned. It and all associated language is up for grabs by anyone who wants it unless they are in or associated with The League or Concord. The same goes for any and all other drafts I have lying around. Credit would be appreciated if you feel like it but having my name on it would probably crater its of chances getting to vote - nevermind passing; I recommend against it.

I have repeatedly attempted to extricate myself from NS over the years for a variety of reasons, chiefly mental health. The present situation is different. I am effectively blacklisted from the part of the game that I care about and enjoy; the ridiculous clique that call themselves 'defenders' have decided that I simply cannot be allowed to play the game because I'm in a region that won't let them decide what fascist recruiting grounds it's acceptable to shut down. And if it were just that, I wouldn't particularly care; I drafted this proposal virtually entirely under those terms, if memory serves, and I expected an uphill battle. Getting baited into frustration was as much my own fault as theirs. I could even sort of handle the proposal being actively lied about while at vote.

What I did not expect was the kind of manifestly childish pettiness that came when I attempted this redraft. Not one, but two bad-faith throwaway 'drafts', posted with clear intent to do no more than blockade this proposal with clique-backed shoe-in legislation, and, in the former case, mock the then-recent repeal of Protection of Biomedical Research. I tried to pretend I didn't see it because, believe it or not I put a great effort into being reasonable and fair these days; I (and, indeed, everyone else who tried to comment in good faith) was met with open contempt for both the effort and the GA as a body. I was accused of acting in bad faith, for genuinely trying to get decent law on the books one way or another. That was what did it.

I tried to keep involved with the GA on some level, but I simply cannot; just looking at this forum now is stressful. I have no desire whatsoever to continue to hang around a place utterly dominated by people who seem to have - for once not merely the product of a manic delusion! - decided to target me for, frankly, harassment, every time I stick my head out of the Bloc. I'm done here, and with any luck I will have the sense not to come back again.
Last edited by Tinfect on Sun Dec 15, 2024 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Raslin Seretis, Imperial Diplomatic Envoy, He/Him
Tolarn Feren, Civil Oversight Representative, He/Him
Jasot Rehlan, Military Oversight Representative, She/Her


Bisexual, Transgender (She/Her), Native-American, and Actual CommunistTM.

Imperium Central News Network: EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL CITIZENS ARE TO PROCEED TO EVACUATION SITES IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: ALL FURTHER SUBSPACE SIGNALS AND SYSTEMS ARE TO BE DISABLED IMMEDIATELY | EMERGENCY ALERT: THE FOLLOWING SYSTEMS ARE ACCESS PROHIBITED BY STANDARD/BLACKOUT [Error: Format Unrecognized] | Indomitable Bastard #283
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

User avatar
Lumiere du Premier
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 181
Founded: Oct 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Lumiere du Premier » Sun Dec 15, 2024 8:45 pm

Adamantly opposed to any resolution that presents anger to human societies through the ludicrousy that is recognition of other, lower lifeforms, such as AI or other nonhumans. Opposed, keep humanity the prime.
A proud nation of Ultra-Humanists! Humanity First!
Lumiere exists in the Kosmos, the world created by the Divine Oppressor, Deus.
The Lumiere One Stop Flag Shop is open!
I like both anime girls and guys but I am not interested in real life people
Draft III of GAR#354 Repeal is out
Peruvian Nationalist IRL. Arriba Perú Carajo! Why Chile sucks (worst country ever):They stole land from our great nation and Bolivia, they did not invent Pisco, we did, they are socialist, they are only doing well because of the shit they stole, they STILL occupy that land, and they suck as a country, literally the only thing they're good at is stealing shit and rebranding it as theirs. even North Korea didn't sink that low. worst country ever, Perú should invade them annex them.

User avatar
The Overmind
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1995
Founded: Dec 12, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Overmind » Sun Dec 15, 2024 8:48 pm

Lumiere du Premier wrote:Adamantly opposed to any resolution that presents anger to human societies through the ludicrousy that is recognition of other, lower lifeforms, such as AI or other nonhumans. Opposed, keep humanity the prime.

Read the fucking room.
Free Palestine
2024 Kenmoria Award
2024 Contributor of the Year Award
Trans men are men | Trans women are women | Sex is non-binary
Assigned sex isn't biological sex | Trans rights are human rights

Neuroscientist | Heavens Reach | He/Him/His

User avatar
Lumiere du Premier
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 181
Founded: Oct 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Lumiere du Premier » Sun Dec 15, 2024 8:48 pm

The Overmind wrote:
Lumiere du Premier wrote:Adamantly opposed to any resolution that presents anger to human societies through the ludicrousy that is recognition of other, lower lifeforms, such as AI or other nonhumans. Opposed, keep humanity the prime.

Read the fucking room.


I know you disagree with me but this is borderline flaming.
A proud nation of Ultra-Humanists! Humanity First!
Lumiere exists in the Kosmos, the world created by the Divine Oppressor, Deus.
The Lumiere One Stop Flag Shop is open!
I like both anime girls and guys but I am not interested in real life people
Draft III of GAR#354 Repeal is out
Peruvian Nationalist IRL. Arriba Perú Carajo! Why Chile sucks (worst country ever):They stole land from our great nation and Bolivia, they did not invent Pisco, we did, they are socialist, they are only doing well because of the shit they stole, they STILL occupy that land, and they suck as a country, literally the only thing they're good at is stealing shit and rebranding it as theirs. even North Korea didn't sink that low. worst country ever, Perú should invade them annex them.

User avatar
The Ice States
Senator
 
Posts: 4474
Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Ice States » Sun Dec 15, 2024 10:54 pm

Tinfect wrote:OOC:
I am going to make explicit the position I've held for a bit now; this draft is abandoned. It and all associated language is up for grabs by anyone who wants it unless they are in or associated with The League or Concord. The same goes for any and all other drafts I have lying around. Credit would be appreciated if you feel like it but having my name on it would probably crater its of chances getting to vote - nevermind passing; I recommend against it.

I have repeatedly attempted to extricate myself from NS over the years for a variety of reasons, chiefly mental health. The present situation is different. I am effectively blacklisted from the part of the game that I care about and enjoy; the ridiculous clique that call themselves 'defenders' have decided that I simply cannot be allowed to play the game because I'm in a region that won't let them decide what fascist recruiting grounds it's acceptable to shut down. And if it were just that, I wouldn't particularly care; I drafted this proposal virtually entirely under those terms, if memory serves, and I expected an uphill battle. Getting baited into frustration was as much my own fault as theirs. I could even sort of handle the proposal being actively lied about while at vote.

What I did not expect was the kind of manifestly childish pettiness that came when I attempted this redraft. Not one, but two bad-faith throwaway 'drafts', posted with clear intent to do no more than blockade this proposal with clique-backed shoe-in legislation, and, in the former case, mock the then-recent repeal of Protection of Biomedical Research. I tried to pretend I didn't see it because, believe it or not I put a great effort into being reasonable and fair these days; I (and, indeed, everyone else who tried to comment in good faith) was met with open contempt for both the effort and the GA as a body. I was accused of acting in bad faith, for genuinely trying to get decent law on the books one way or another. That was what did it.

I tried to keep involved with the GA on some level, but I simply cannot; just looking at this forum now is stressful. I have no desire whatsoever to continue to hang around a place utterly dominated by people who seem to have - for once not merely the product of a manic delusion! - decided to target me for, frankly, harassment, every time I stick my head out of the Bloc. I'm done here, and with any luck I will have the sense not to come back again.

Ooc: Not to derail this thread, but this is sad to see as someone who has enjoyed your participation in the GA over the last few years, and I do hope that you reconsider.

On the matter of the proposal itself, I may draft a similar proposal on this point in the future, though I do not intend to for at least a few months partly because I don't want to come off as opportunistic and partly to give a chance for if anyone else wants to have a go at this.

Lumiere du Premier wrote:
The Overmind wrote:Read the fucking room.


I know you disagree with me but this is borderline flaming.

I believe Overmind was trying to point out that reiterating this crusade now is in poor taste when it is directly in response to a long-time contributor departing from the GA. It is in fact in poor taste to do so.
Last edited by The Ice States on Sun Dec 15, 2024 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old GA Stat Effects · Style Guide · WA Authorship

"Petty tyrant", "antithetical to a better future for the WA".

User avatar
Lumiere du Premier
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 181
Founded: Oct 26, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Lumiere du Premier » Mon Dec 16, 2024 12:30 pm

The Ice States wrote:
Tinfect wrote:OOC:
I am going to make explicit the position I've held for a bit now; this draft is abandoned. It and all associated language is up for grabs by anyone who wants it unless they are in or associated with The League or Concord. The same goes for any and all other drafts I have lying around. Credit would be appreciated if you feel like it but having my name on it would probably crater its of chances getting to vote - nevermind passing; I recommend against it.

I have repeatedly attempted to extricate myself from NS over the years for a variety of reasons, chiefly mental health. The present situation is different. I am effectively blacklisted from the part of the game that I care about and enjoy; the ridiculous clique that call themselves 'defenders' have decided that I simply cannot be allowed to play the game because I'm in a region that won't let them decide what fascist recruiting grounds it's acceptable to shut down. And if it were just that, I wouldn't particularly care; I drafted this proposal virtually entirely under those terms, if memory serves, and I expected an uphill battle. Getting baited into frustration was as much my own fault as theirs. I could even sort of handle the proposal being actively lied about while at vote.

What I did not expect was the kind of manifestly childish pettiness that came when I attempted this redraft. Not one, but two bad-faith throwaway 'drafts', posted with clear intent to do no more than blockade this proposal with clique-backed shoe-in legislation, and, in the former case, mock the then-recent repeal of Protection of Biomedical Research. I tried to pretend I didn't see it because, believe it or not I put a great effort into being reasonable and fair these days; I (and, indeed, everyone else who tried to comment in good faith) was met with open contempt for both the effort and the GA as a body. I was accused of acting in bad faith, for genuinely trying to get decent law on the books one way or another. That was what did it.

I tried to keep involved with the GA on some level, but I simply cannot; just looking at this forum now is stressful. I have no desire whatsoever to continue to hang around a place utterly dominated by people who seem to have - for once not merely the product of a manic delusion! - decided to target me for, frankly, harassment, every time I stick my head out of the Bloc. I'm done here, and with any luck I will have the sense not to come back again.

Ooc: Not to derail this thread, but this is sad to see as someone who has enjoyed your participation in the GA over the last few years, and I do hope that you reconsider.

On the matter of the proposal itself, I may draft a similar proposal on this point in the future, though I do not intend to for at least a few months partly because I don't want to come off as opportunistic and partly to give a chance for if anyone else wants to have a go at this.

Lumiere du Premier wrote:
I know you disagree with me but this is borderline flaming.

I believe Overmind was trying to point out that reiterating this crusade now is in poor taste when it is directly in response to a long-time contributor departing from the GA. It is in fact in poor taste to do so.

I missed the part of them leaving my bad. I believe it to be in good stride though to defend the rights and superiority of humanity over those who plot against the cause of mankind.
A proud nation of Ultra-Humanists! Humanity First!
Lumiere exists in the Kosmos, the world created by the Divine Oppressor, Deus.
The Lumiere One Stop Flag Shop is open!
I like both anime girls and guys but I am not interested in real life people
Draft III of GAR#354 Repeal is out
Peruvian Nationalist IRL. Arriba Perú Carajo! Why Chile sucks (worst country ever):They stole land from our great nation and Bolivia, they did not invent Pisco, we did, they are socialist, they are only doing well because of the shit they stole, they STILL occupy that land, and they suck as a country, literally the only thing they're good at is stealing shit and rebranding it as theirs. even North Korea didn't sink that low. worst country ever, Perú should invade them annex them.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads