NATION

PASSWORD

Protection of Life Survices. Proposal

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Sadiston
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 25, 2009
Ex-Nation

Protection of Life Survices. Proposal

Postby Sadiston » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:11 pm

Protection of Live Services

A resolution to reduce income inequality and increase basic welfare.

Category: Social Justice

Strength: Significant

Proposed by: FlagSadiston

Description: The Right To Live is a proposal for a resolution that would protect people in oppressive, or economically depressed nations who desperately need medical attention. Medical attention that some nations are not able, or willing to give because of economic limitations, or oppressive beliefs that stop medical progression. For example medical practices such as abortion, stem-cell research, organ transplants, or any other procedure that may prove life threatening if is not done.

The resolution would start a service known as the PLS or the Protection of Life Services. Which will make it easier for nations to protect its people while still not compromising their beliefs, or without causing the nation any extra expense. The PLS would work with these nations to extract citizens with the most urgent needs, and transport them to PLS doctors in other nations to do these procedures. The urgency will be decided by the most expensive of procedures, or the most controversial, in the nation in question. The PLS will run off donations by both nations and private citizens.

This Resolution will not invade any nations rights, but instead further them. The proposed resolution will make it easier for nations to uphold their fundamental beliefs, or economical abilities while reducing public rioting and crime because of their people not getting some needed care.

In conclusion I would like to say this resolution would improve the world in that people would get needed care, and it would help nations protect their people, and beliefs at the same time.

Doctor Cyclops
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Protection of Life Survices. Proposal

Postby Doctor Cyclops » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 pm

I'm not understanding this. If a country outlaws abortion, the PLS will fly them abroad to have the procedure performed. How does this not violate national sovereignty?

Isn't this proposal tantamount to an end-run around national laws against controversial medical procedures?

Sadiston
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sadiston » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:32 pm

Ok, the PLS would only consider people for procedures if they were going to die without the procedure. Now the PLS would work with the nation, but would not force. Now if a nation has a law against a procedure, then they could let the procedure happen somewhere else to reduce public rioting, and rebellion.

Doctor Cyclops
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Doctor Cyclops » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:27 pm

Sadiston wrote:Ok, the PLS would only consider people for procedures if they were going to die without the procedure. Now the PLS would work with the nation, but would not force. Now if a nation has a law against a procedure, then they could let the procedure happen somewhere else to reduce public rioting, and rebellion.

The problem there is that if a nation has outlawed a procedure, they probably don't want their citizens having it performed anywhere.

Sadiston
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Sadiston » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:27 pm

Well that would be up to the nation, but at least they would have a choice. Besides, that would be a small percentage of the concern of the PLS. Most of the concern will be on nations that can't afford these types of procedures, or research. A nation's people shouldn't be punished because of their nations economical problems.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:03 pm

The PRESIDING OFFICER: The proposal "Protection of Live Services", proposed by the Dominion of Sadiston, failed to achieve quorum.
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

Cappular Avelar
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Cappular Avelar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Abortion is a woman's right.

If its illegal she may have it performed by untrained civilian, the women might do it herself either being extremely dangerous. Or leave the country to have it done else where and that would defeat the whole moral purpose of having illegal anyway.

Besides you have to think of the rape victims some being the age of 10 who have to carry around that child for 9 months as a constant reminder of the moment of shame and dishonor then the pain of childbirth all to be throw into a every crowded orphanage with poor standard of living and little chances of becoming successful.

I have faith in women to not take having an abortion lightly if I give them the freedom.

Morlago
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morlago » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:52 am

This proposal needs defining. You say that the PLS will futher national rights and laws and that it will not compromise beliefs... how? If anyone were to write a proposal with such a broad idea then we only need one resolution then: the 'I rule this world' resolution, saying only one clause: I am the King of the World and I can do whatever I want with it. Not that it will be legal, of course.
Angelo Gervoski
Minister of WA Affairs of
The United Islands of Morlago
Yë Morre Waidamün i Mórlago

DEFCON: 1 2 (Low) 3 4 5 6

Economic Left/Right: -1.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.33
Graph
Center-left social moderate.
Left: 2.2, Libertarian: 0.75
Foreign Policy: -6.11 (Non-interventionalist)
Culture: -6.31 (Cultural liberal)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly