NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] [GA#590 SUB!] Police Accountability Act

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kostane
Minister

Founded: Nov 07, 2022
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kostane » Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:35 am

Tirgum wrote:
Kostane wrote:The well-warranted several paragraph long telegram is wrong and your reason is “because I said so”? I was voting against this originally, but this thread caused me to change my vote to for, just to promote actual critical thinking.

Every single point that has been made is addressed thoroughly in the telegram. The author worked hard on this, so they deserve for it to pass. And it’s net benificial.

It is true that many criticisms of the act have been addressed in the telegram. Unfortunately, that does not change the text of the proposed act.

It says the criticisms don’t apply to the text of the proposed act. That means that the text of the proposed act isn’t bad. That’s how addressing them works.
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Might anyone care to share this telegram?

Just copied so no formatting.
Please vote for the Police Accountability Act.
I am Tinhampton, the author of the Police Accountability Act. I would like to tell you why it is so important that you vote for it. A vote for my proposal means that you want it to become law in your nation and many others.
Police officers - who I describe as "LEOs" (law enforcement officers) in my proposal - work in many nations to keep innocent people safe and arrest suspected criminals. Unfortunately, some of them use too much force against other people while they are on duty. I have written the Act to ensure that justice is done against these few LEOs, and to encourage the many other LEOs not to copy them.
A lot of misinformation is spreading about the Act. The spread of this misinformation is contributing to the fact that it is currently losing by 6,150 votes to 5,500. Some people say that it is too vague. Other people say that it will not fit all nations. A few have even said that they will leave the World Assembly if it passes.
I have spent around £12 on bringing this telegram to you, and to everyone who needs to hear it*. That could buy me a good book or a nice lunch... or four cups of coffee. Instead, I am using it to educate you about what the Police Accountability Act will mean for your nation, and to ensure that you know why the claims being made about my Act are false.
I would also like to assure you that the Police Accountability Act will be a net positive for all of your citizens: for your LEOs; for the people who employ them; and for those who interact with the police. Here are some important points that I want you to feel safe and secure about.
The Act allows you to punish excessive force appropriately. Some LEOs use excessive force once, by mistake. Some LEOs repeatedly use excessive force over a period of years or decades. The Act requires that both of them must be punished, but welcomes harsher punishment for more serious offences - as the law should do.
The Act says that, if your nation cannot afford body-worn cameras or has not developed them, then your LEOs do not need to wear them. If you are willing or able to supply them to police officers, then they must be supplied. This is common sense.
The Act requires that each use of force be reviewed once. Re-reviews are optional, but allowed. Reviews of past incidents are optional, but also allowed. I don't say how often the reviews must take place because if I said (for example) "every three months," that would mean different things for different nations - three months could be the blink of an eye for one nation; multiple times the life expectancy for another.
The Act contains a clear definition of a LEO. A LEO is someone who is employed by a law enforcement agency (such as a police department) in your nation, and doing law enforcement work (such as arresting people and patrolling the streets) which is needed by that agency. A soldier is not a LEO. A member of a militia, liberation front, or armed terrorist organisation is not a LEO. This proposal will not allow anyone else to invade your nation.
The Act is a safeguard against future failings in your police force. Today, your police may be fair, honest and trustworthy. But in the future, some of them may be interested in using excessive force against criminals, innocent people, or other LEOs. My proposal will ensure that they will be removed from policing and brought to justice - helping to restore public trust in your nation's law enforcement.
The Act contains an enforcement mechanism. There is a special law called the Administrative Compliance Act which says that, if you do not comply with any WA law - including my proposal, when it passes - you will have to pay a massive fine. If you do not pay this fine, then no WA state will do trade with you. Because the Administrative Compliance Act exists, I do not need to say in the Police Accountability Act how it will be enforced.
These are some of the many reasons why you should not be afraid to support my proposal. If, after reading this telegram, you believe that it will be beneficial for your nation or the world in general, then I encourage you to go here, and vote FOR the Police Accountability Act.
Thank you!
*: You should have been excluded from this telegram if you voted in favour of this proposal, or live in one of the ten excluded regions at the header of this telegram (all of whom either are NatSov, party to the Modern Gameplay Compact, or have policies against tag:wa telegrams). Please let me know if you got this telegram despite supporting this proposal and/or living in one of these regions!
New sig WIP
The old Kostane can’t come to the phone right now. Why? Cause it’s dead.
Member of MCoTO
Top 10 Clickbaiting Strategies — number 6 has experts in tears.

WeSuckia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 16, 2022
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby WeSuckia » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:03 pm

Kostane wrote:
Tirgum wrote:The mass telegram recently sent by the author of the PAA proposal claims to be combating misinformation but is steeped in misinformation itself. The telegrams purports that any criticisms of the act are false, but in truth they are all valid points. The act, as written, is faulty. We cannot base our votes on the assurances that the author had the right thing in mind. We must vote based upon the actual text of the act!

The well-warranted several paragraph long telegram is wrong and your reason is “because I said so”? I was voting against this originally, but this thread caused me to change my vote to for, just to promote actual critical thinking.

Every single point that has been made is addressed thoroughly in the telegram. The author worked hard on this, so they deserve for it to pass. And it’s net benificial.

So has everyone else who tries to pass an act?
Every author's proposal which has been accepted has put hard work into it, we are simply protesting for our rights to deal with our police force as we please.
The author spent money on this because they wanted to pass it, since it was not looking very optimistic.
LET ME PUT MODS ON MY FOES LIST!!!!!!
i also lobbied against the police accountability act :D

Katinea
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 08, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Katinea » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:22 pm

OOC: Im resigning from the WA if this passes. They are going Fascist Levels of Woke
Current National Alert Level: 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1
She/Her | Proud Lesbian & Trans Girl | Proud to be British | About me!
Suveränt kungarike Katinska
A Democratic Constitutional Monarchy Located on a Peninsula in Northern Azean
MilitaryOverview●History●
RadioSlottsberget:Katinea to launch NOX Space Probe to Neptune on the 23rd of March | Crushing Blow: Arokistan Liberation Army Terrorist Bloc in South Rotagrad crushed by Brand-New KA-50s of the Territorial Air Corps | KKBS Arktiskt deploys to Princess Emilie Research Station in Antarctikia | Chancellor Järnefelt announces joint Katinean-Marinian Intervention in Iranestine, in response to the Slottsberget Attacks

Bisofeyri World Assembly Mission
Civilian

Founded: Nov 26, 2023
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bisofeyri World Assembly Mission » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:22 pm

With formatting:

I am Tinhampton, the author of the Police Accountability Act. I would like to tell you why it is so important that you vote for it. A vote for my proposal means that you want it to become law in your nation and many others.

Police officers - who I describe as "LEOs" (law enforcement officers) in my proposal - work in many nations to keep innocent people safe and arrest suspected criminals. Unfortunately, some of them use too much force against other people while they are on duty. I have written the Act to ensure that justice is done against these few LEOs, and to encourage the many other LEOs not to copy them.

A lot of misinformation is spreading about the Act. The spread of this misinformation is contributing to the fact that it is currently losing by 6,150 votes to 5,500. Some people say that it is too vague. Other people say that it will not fit all nations. A few have even said that they will leave the World Assembly if it passes.

I have spent around £12 on bringing this telegram to you, and to everyone who needs to hear it*. That could buy me a good book or a nice lunch... or four cups of coffee. Instead, I am using it to educate you about what the Police Accountability Act will mean for your nation, and to ensure that you know why the claims being made about my Act are false.

I would also like to assure you that the Police Accountability Act will be a net positive for all of your citizens: for your LEOs; for the people who employ them; and for those who interact with the police. Here are some important points that I want you to feel safe and secure about.
  • The Act allows you to punish excessive force appropriately. Some LEOs use excessive force once, by mistake. Some LEOs repeatedly use excessive force over a period of years or decades. The Act requires that both of them must be punished, but welcomes harsher punishment for more serious offences - as the law should do.
  • The Act says that, if your nation cannot afford body-worn cameras or has not developed them, then your LEOs do not need to wear them. If you are willing or able to supply them to police officers, then they must be supplied. This is common sense.
  • The Act requires that each use of force be reviewed once. Re-reviews are optional, but allowed. Reviews of past incidents are optional, but also allowed. I don't say how often the reviews must take place because if I said (for example) "every three months," that would mean different things for different nations - three months could be the blink of an eye for one nation; multiple times the life expectancy for another.
  • The Act contains a clear definition of a LEO. A LEO is someone who is employed by a law enforcement agency (such as a police department) in your nation, and doing law enforcement work (such as arresting people and patrolling the streets) which is needed by that agency. A soldier is not a LEO. A member of a militia, liberation front, or armed terrorist organisation is not a LEO. This proposal will not allow anyone else to invade your nation.
  • The Act is a safeguard against future failings in your police force. Today, your police may be fair, honest and trustworthy. But in the future, some of them may be interested in using excessive force against criminals, innocent people, or other LEOs. My proposal will ensure that they will be removed from policing and brought to justice - helping to restore public trust in your nation's law enforcement.
  • The Act contains an enforcement mechanism. There is a special law called the Administrative Compliance Act which says that, if you do not comply with any WA law - including my proposal, when it passes - you will have to pay a massive fine. If you do not pay this fine, then no WA state will do trade with you. Because the Administrative Compliance Act exists, I do not need to say in the Police Accountability Act how it will be enforced.

These are some of the many reasons why you should not be afraid to support my proposal. If, after reading this telegram, you believe that it will be beneficial for your nation or the world in general, then I encourage you to go here, and vote FOR the Police Accountability Act.

Thank you!

*: You should have been excluded from this telegram if you voted in favour of this proposal, or live in one of the ten excluded regions at the header of this telegram (all of whom either are NatSov, party to the Modern Gameplay Compact, or have policies against tag:wa telegrams). Please let me know if you got this telegram despite supporting this proposal and/or living in one of these regions!

WeSuckia
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby WeSuckia » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:26 pm

Kostane wrote:
Tirgum wrote:

It is true that many criticisms of the act have been addressed in the telegram. Unfortunately, that does not change the text of the proposed act.

It says the criticisms don’t apply to the text of the proposed act. That means that the text of the proposed act isn’t bad. That’s how addressing them works.

Just copied so no formatting.
The Act allows you to punish excessive force appropriately. Some LEOs use excessive force once, by mistake. Some LEOs repeatedly use excessive force over a period of years or decades. The Act requires that both of them must be punished, but welcomes harsher punishment for more serious offences - as the law should do.
The Act says that, if your nation cannot afford body-worn cameras or has not developed them, then your LEOs do not need to wear them. If you are willing or able to supply them to police officers, then they must be supplied. This is common sense.
The Act requires that each use of force be reviewed once. Re-reviews are optional, but allowed. Reviews of past incidents are optional, but also allowed. I don't say how often the reviews must take place because if I said (for example) "every three months," that would mean different things for different nations - three months could be the blink of an eye for one nation; multiple times the life expectancy for another.
The Act contains a clear definition of a LEO. A LEO is someone who is employed by a law enforcement agency (such as a police department) in your nation, and doing law enforcement work (such as arresting people and patrolling the streets) which is needed by that agency. A soldier is not a LEO. A member of a militia, liberation front, or armed terrorist organisation is not a LEO. This proposal will not allow anyone else to invade your nation.
The Act is a safeguard against future failings in your police force. Today, your police may be fair, honest and trustworthy. But in the future, some of them may be interested in using excessive force against criminals, innocent people, or other LEOs. My proposal will ensure that they will be removed from policing and brought to justice - helping to restore public trust in your nation's law enforcement.
The Act contains an enforcement mechanism. There is a special law called the Administrative Compliance Act which says that, if you do not comply with any WA law - including my proposal, when it passes - you will have to pay a massive fine. If you do not pay this fine, then no WA state will do trade with you. Because the Administrative Compliance Act exists, I do not need to say in the Police Accountability Act how it will be enforced.
Thank you!

Thanks for showing the telegram, some may have missed it, so this helps.

WeSuckia
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby WeSuckia » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:27 pm

Bisofeyri World Assembly Mission wrote:

With formatting:

• The Act allows you to punish excessive force appropriately. Some LEOs use excessive force once, by mistake. Some LEOs repeatedly use excessive force over a period of years or decades. The Act requires that both of them must be punished, but welcomes harsher punishment for more serious offences - as the law should do.
  • The Act says that, if your nation cannot afford body-worn cameras or has not developed them, then your LEOs do not need to wear them. If you are willing or able to supply them to police officers, then they must be supplied. This is common sense.
  • The Act requires that each use of force be reviewed once. Re-reviews are optional, but allowed. Reviews of past incidents are optional, but also allowed. I don't say how often the reviews must take place because if I said (for example) "every three months," that would mean different things for different nations - three months could be the blink of an eye for one nation; multiple times the life expectancy for another.
  • The Act contains a clear definition of a LEO. A LEO is someone who is employed by a law enforcement agency (such as a police department) in your nation, and doing law enforcement work (such as arresting people and patrolling the streets) which is needed by that agency. A soldier is not a LEO. A member of a militia, liberation front, or armed terrorist organisation is not a LEO. This proposal will not allow anyone else to invade your nation.
  • The Act is a safeguard against future failings in your police force. Today, your police may be fair, honest and trustworthy. But in the future, some of them may be interested in using excessive force against criminals, innocent people, or other LEOs. My proposal will ensure that they will be removed from policing and brought to justice - helping to restore public trust in your nation's law enforcement.
  • The Act contains an enforcement mechanism. There is a special law called the Administrative Compliance Act which says that, if you do not comply with any WA law - including my proposal, when it passes - you will have to pay a massive fine. If you do not pay this fine, then no WA state will do trade with you. Because the Administrative Compliance Act exists, I do not need to say in the Police Accountability Act how it will be enforced.

Thank you!

And thank you too for showing a formatted version. :)

Maltdonia
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 09, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Maltdonia » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:45 pm

Didn't know that the WA was getting so heated, especially after looking at the incredibly close results rn...

WeSuckia
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby WeSuckia » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:54 pm

Maltdonia wrote:Didn't know that the WA was getting so heated, especially after looking at the incredibly close results rn...

Yes, the results are very, very,close. It's like a US election! :(

The Overmind
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2022
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Overmind » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:00 pm

Katinea wrote:OOC: Im resigning from the WA if this passes. They are going Fascist Levels of Woke

See ya.
Free Palestine

Trans men are men | Trans women are women | Sex is non-binary
Assigned sex isn't biological sex | Trans rights are human rights

Neuroscientist | Formerly Heavens Reach | He/Him/His

Kostane
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kostane » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:05 pm

WeSuckia wrote:
Kostane wrote:The well-warranted several paragraph long telegram is wrong and your reason is “because I said so”? I was voting against this originally, but this thread caused me to change my vote to for, just to promote actual critical thinking.

So has everyone else who tries to pass an act?
Every author's proposal which has been accepted has put hard work into it, we are simply protesting for our rights to deal with our police force as we please.
The author spent money on this because they wanted to pass it, since it was not looking very optimistic.

You still get to deal with your police force as you please, as long as you deal with your police force. The proposal allows you to determine your own measures to punish police brutality, which is something that should be punished. It does not set specific punishments to it, just says they just be disciplined. Surely you cannot argue that unnecessary police brutality is good?
New sig WIP
Member of MCoTO

WeSuckia
Bureaucrat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby WeSuckia » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:22 pm

Kostane wrote:
WeSuckia wrote:So has everyone else who tries to pass an act?

You still get to deal with your police force as you please, as long as you deal with your police force. The proposal allows you to determine your own measures to punish police brutality, which is something that should be punished. It does not set specific punishments to it, just says they just be disciplined. Surely you cannot argue that unnecessary police brutality is good?

Then what's the point of having this?

Hekp
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 07, 2024
Corporate Police State

Postby Hekp » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:26 pm

What if we don't want to punish police brutality? (obviously, I want to do it in the real world, but not in my fictional country)
A highly imperialist nation beholden to stockbrokers invading your nation next Tuesday. Glory to Hekp!
This is Armenian Radio; our listeners asked us: “Is it possible to build communism in America?”
We’re answering: “It's possible, but who will we buy grain from?”

A guard asked a political prisoner, "What is your term?"
"Ten years."
"What for?"
"For nothing."
"What a lie! For nothing they give only five years."

Currently, I'd describe myself as a mixture between center-left and center-right. I'm more socially conservative and more economically liberal. I have found myself moving a little bit more to the right as time has gone on, but nothing too drastic. I'm also LDS, by the way.

Mother VDHNK
Civilian

Founded: Aug 05, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Mother VDHNK » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:27 pm

As the representative of Mother VDHNK, I wish to reiterate our stance AGAINST the Police Accountability Act, taking into consideration our unique national circumstances.

1. Effective Existing Framework: Mother VDHNK has achieved a near absence of crime, a testament to the effectiveness of our current policing and social policies. Our police force is not only well-funded but also operates under a framework that effectively integrates education and welfare policies, contributing to social stability and low crime rates.

2. Proven Success without External Mandates: The success of our existing system demonstrates that we have implemented practices and policies that are well-suited to our national context. The imposition of a universal standard, as proposed by the Police Accountability Act, may not contribute additional benefits and could potentially disrupt the delicate balance we have achieved between law enforcement and community welfare.

3. Potential Misalignment with National Policies: The directives of the Police Accountability Act might not align with the operational practices and the cultural values underpinning our law enforcement and social systems. For instance, the mandatory use of body-worn cameras and the prescribed de-escalation and force measures may not be necessary in a context where such issues are already effectively managed.

4. Risk of Overregulation: Introducing additional regulatory burdens could complicate our existing framework without clear justification, given our current low crime rates and high police accountability standards. The Act’s detailed prescriptions could lead to unnecessary bureaucracy, potentially diverting resources from other proven areas of public welfare and education.

5. Emphasis on Local Solutions: We believe in tailored solutions that respect national sovereignty and the unique societal dynamics of each member state. While we support the principle of police accountability, it should not come at the cost of undermining local systems that are already functioning effectively.

In conclusion, while we share the broader goals of the World Assembly in promoting safe and fair policing practices, Mother VDHNK must prioritize the maintenance of our successful existing framework. We suggest that future proposals allow for greater flexibility and respect for the diverse methods and practices that member states already employ to achieve shared objectives.

Lans Isles
Envoy

Founded: Dec 13, 2023
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lans Isles » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:29 pm

This is controversial!
-L-A-N-S--N-E-W-S-

|Council Elections in one week! "I will not be running, I will be racing", says Councilman of Agriculture.||Councilman of Industry resigns, factory owners in peril.|

Katinea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

"

Postby Katinea » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:29 pm

Kostane wrote:
WeSuckia wrote:So has everyone else who tries to pass an act?

Police "brutality" against Subhuman "Protestor" (Rioter) Filth is a part of our Nation's Culture and Constitution, you can't take that from us!
(this is an IC post, I dont think Protestors are subhumans irl, although I disagree with their methods)
RadioSlottsberget:Katinea to launch NOX Space Probe to Neptune on the 23rd of March | Crushing Blow: Arokistan Liberation Army Terrorist Bloc in South Rotagrad crushed by Brand-New KA-50s of the Territorial Air Corps | KKBS Arktiskt deploys to Princess Emilie Research Station in Antarctikia | Chancellor Järnefelt announces joint Katinean-Marinian Intervention in Iranestine, in response to the Slottsberget Attacks

Katinea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Katinea » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:30 pm

Hekp wrote:What if we don't want to punish police brutality? (obviously, I want to do it in the real world, but not in my fictional country)

OOC: Yeah I dont like Resolutions that punish Users for wanting to RP their Nations as Dictatorships

Fachumonn
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Fachumonn » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:34 pm

Lans Isles wrote:This is controversial!

Welcome to the GA.
GA Authorship Leaderboard | Guide to Campaigning | Other Resources

-11th Delegate of LSC. (May 31 2021-October 16 2022, June 9 2023-August 21 2023, November 1 2023-)

WA Ambassador: The People | Pronouns: He/Him/His| RL Ideology: Libertarian Socialism/Anarcho-Communism | GP Alignment: Independent |

Rominalos
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 08, 2024
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Rominalos » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:34 pm

While the Federation of Rominalos supports many of the talking points of the Police Accountability Act, we support national sovereignty and the freedom for all other nations to do the same even more.
The Federation of Rominalos will be voting against the Police Accountability Act.
Last edited by Rominalos on Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fachumonn
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Fachumonn » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:35 pm

Katinea wrote:
Hekp wrote:What if we don't want to punish police brutality? (obviously, I want to do it in the real world, but not in my fictional country)

OOC: Yeah I dont like Resolutions that punish Users for wanting to RP their Nations as Dictatorships

Compliance doesn't really work like that, never has in a long long time.
GA Authorship Leaderboard | Guide to Campaigning | Other Resources

-11th Delegate of LSC. (May 31 2021-October 16 2022, June 9 2023-August 21 2023, November 1 2023-)

WA Ambassador: The People | Pronouns: He/Him/His| RL Ideology: Libertarian Socialism/Anarcho-Communism | GP Alignment: Independent |

The Overmind
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Overmind » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:50 pm

Katinea wrote:

Your solution to the problem is perfect. If you don't want to abide by the resolutions passed in the WA, you can either attempt to repeal them or simply leave the WA. To join the WA is, inherently, to give up some national sovereignty.
Free Palestine

Kostane
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kostane » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:52 pm

Katinea wrote:

OOC: you can be hated by the WA, which is generally what dictators want.
New sig WIP
Member of MCoTO

Hekp
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 07, 2024
Corporate Police State

Postby Hekp » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:56 pm

Katinea wrote:

These are not real nations and you know it. I'm personally just doing this to make the most conservative possible country out of spite and satire.
Anyway, I do not support the current resolution, but I will stay within the WA, and I don't intend on leaving for a very, very long time.
I think the trade-off is worth it, but it is also within my powers to oppose resolutions. This is the foundation of democracy.
Support
A highly imperialist nation beholden to stockbrokers invading your nation next Tuesday. Glory to Hekp!
This is Armenian Radio; our listeners asked us: “Is it possible to build communism in America?”
We’re answering: “It's possible, but who will we buy grain from?”

A guard asked a political prisoner, "What is your term?"
"Ten years."
"What for?"
"For nothing."
"What a lie! For nothing they give only five years."

Currently, I'd describe myself as a mixture between center-left and center-right. I'm more socially conservative and more economically liberal. I have found myself moving a little bit more to the right as time has gone on, but nothing too drastic. I'm also LDS, by the way.

Kostane
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Kostane » Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:57 pm

Rominalos wrote:While the Federation of Rominalos supports many of the talking points of the Police Accountability Act, we support national sovereignty and the freedom for all other nations to do the same even more.
The Federation of Rominalos will be voting against the Police Accountability Act.

It is not a question of national sovereignty — it is a question of human rights. People have the innate right to life, which unnecessary police brutal takes away.
GA resolution #9 establishes precedent for defending citizens from overzealous law enforcement by banning torture, which means this is hardly a new infringement on sovereignty, but rather an extension of those rights to ban what is not currently defined as torture in GA #9, but essentially amounts to torture.
New sig WIP
Member of MCoTO

Katinea
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Katinea » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:02 pm

The Overmind wrote:
Katinea wrote:OOC: Yeah I dont like Resolutions that punish Users for wanting to RP their Nations as Dictatorships

Your solution to the problem is perfect. If you don't want to abide by the resolutions passed in the WA, you can either attempt to repeal them or simply leave the WA. To join the WA is, inherently, to give up some national sovereignty.

OOC: The problem is I need to say in the WA for regional Security Purposes. Do the resolutions do anything or are they just RP? And can I decanonise them?

The Overmind
Diplomat

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby The Overmind » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:07 pm

Katinea wrote:
The Overmind wrote:

OOC: The problem is I need to say in the WA for regional Security Purposes. Do the resolutions do anything or are they just RP? And can I decanonise them?

The resolutions affect your nation's stats, and they are RP. If you RP noncompliance then you will be RP sanctioned by the Compliance Commission in accordance with the Administrative Compliance Act.
Free Palestine

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives