NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] Psychiatric Care Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2021
Anarchy

Postby Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:07 am

Jedinsto wrote:
Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands wrote:If proposal authors cannot be bothered to write a decent campaign telegram with effort, I will also not be bothered to read your resolution, and will vote against.

I find that short, effortless campaign telegrams are much more effective than detailed ones, so I'm just gonna follow those statistics and use the short, effortless ones. Sorry.

Sums up the WA I suppose. Shame.
Ambassador: Benji Schubert Hepperle
Deputy Ambassador: Randall Wrigglesworth II
Coffee Fetcher/Secretary: Jonathan Dos Santos Oliveira

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Ice States » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:52 pm

Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands wrote:If proposal authors cannot be bothered to write a decent campaign telegram with effort, I will also not be bothered to read your resolution, and will vote against.

What's so important about having detailed campaign telegrams? Is it just that writing long and detailed campaigns takes more effort than what is necessary to do the job?
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:50 pm

The Ice States wrote:

What's so important about having detailed campaign telegrams? Is it just that writing long and detailed campaigns takes more effort than what is necessary to do the job?

It does not need to be long and detailed. But if you cannot even summarise why I should even open your link and approve a proposal, I will not read it.

The Ice States
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jun 23, 2022
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby The Ice States » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:51 pm

Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands wrote:
The Ice States wrote:What's so important about having detailed campaign telegrams? Is it just that writing long and detailed campaigns takes more effort than what is necessary to do the job?

It does not need to be long and detailed. But if you cannot even summarise why I should even open your link and approve a proposal, I will not read it.

It is possible to just "not read it" without actively opposing it at vote, as you promised to do in this thread. If you just refused to approve proposals with low-effort campaigns, I can respect that; but opposing anything with a low-effort campaign creates the implication that an expecation for an author wanting to pass their proposal should be that they put more effort than actually necessary in campaigning for the proposal.
Last edited by The Ice States on Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbooks · 46x World Assembly Author · Festering Snakepit Wiki · WACampaign · GA Stat Effects Data

Posts in the WA forums are Ooc and unofficial, absent indication otherwise.
Please check out my roleplay thread The Battle of Glass Tears!
WA 101 Guides to GA authorship, campaigning, and more.

Spokesperson

Anarchy

Postby Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands » Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:04 pm

The Ice States wrote:
Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands wrote:It does not need to be long and detailed. But if you cannot even summarise why I should even open your link and approve a proposal, I will not read it.

It is possible to just "not read it" without actively opposing it at vote, as you promised to do in this thread. If you just refused to approve proposals with low-effort campaigns, I can respect that; but opposing anything with a low-effort campaign creates the implication that an expecation for an author wanting to pass their proposal should be that they put more effort than actually necessary in campaigning for the proposal.

So authors are doing the bare minimum with their campaigns. Thus, I will also be expecting a proposal written with the bare minimum effort, and will then use a minimal amount of effort necessary to press the 'Against' button at vote.
Last edited by Saint Tomas and the Northern Ice Islands on Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:17 am

This dropped out of queue a couple of days ago.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Simone Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2019
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Simone Republic » Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:30 am

Please note that as per discussions with Tin, I am intending on writing a new (much tougher) draft that's to my liking, as I borderline opposed (before joining) Jedinsto's draft, and I never fully signed on to Morover's draft.
All posts OOC. (He/him). I don't speak for TNP. IC the "white bear" (it) is for jokes only.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly