NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Combatting Fascism

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Wrangle
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 21, 2022
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Combatting Fascism

Postby Wrangle » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:46 pm

Combatting Fascism
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Civil Rights | Strength: Strong | Proposed by: Wrangle

Description: The World Assembly,

Observing that fascism is a dangerous and horrible ideology,

Wanting to limit and contain fascism,

Hereby enacts as follows:

1. Definitions:
    1. In this resolution, Fascism is an ideology that puts authoritarian and hateful governments over individuals, and in addition asserts the biological superiority of one group of individuals over others;
    2. Fascism, being a hateful ideology, usually maintains hatred and dislike for the following groups:
      1. Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender individuals (also known as the LGBT+ community);
      2. Individuals of color (those with different skin colors than individuals in power and who may be minorities);
      3. Disabled individuals;
      4. Religious minorities.
    3. Radicalization is the process of an individual becoming sympathetic to fascist ideas and believing in those ideas themself through the consumption of fascist propaganda, i.e. media which expresses fascist ideology and aims to persuade one of fascist ideology.
  2. Member states must:
    1. Search for, at all times, instances of fascist expression, transmission, and propaganda in their territories in various media, which includes but is not limited to:
      1. Oral expression and transmission of fascism (a.k.a. word of mouth);
      2. Radio;
      3. Newspaper & magazine, and other print media such as books;
      4. Television;
      5. And last but not least, Internet.
    2. Find and apprehend the individuals responsible and put a stop to dissemination of fascism;
    3. Criminalize the spread of fascist ideas and the production fascist propaganda and punish individuals who spread this information accordingly;
    4. Produce and distribute communications to impede the spread of fascism and radicalization by educating populations on what is right, fair, and kind;
    5. Provide protection to the groups listed under Article 1B whenever violent threats of fascism become known until the threat has been neutralized;
    6. Offer resources and produce materials for individuals who have been radicalized to use and consume in order for them to no longer hold fascist beliefs.

Combatting Fascism
A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights.

Category: Civil Rights | Strength: Strong | Proposed by: Wrangle

Description: The World Assembly,

Observing that fascism is a dangerous and horrible ideology,

Wanting to limit and contain fascism,

Hereby enacts as follows:

1. Definition
    1. In this resolution, Fascism is an ideology that puts authoritarian and hateful governments over individuals, and in addition asserts the biological superiority of one group of individuals over others,
  2. Member states must:
    1. Investigate instances of fascist thinking and expression in their territories.
    2. Apprehend the individuals responsible and put a stop to dissemination of fascism.
    3. Educate said individuals.
    4. Produce communications to impede the spread of fascism by educating populations on what is right, fair, and kind.
[/list]

Hello. I am new, and this is obviously still a first draft. I will improve and expand it over the course of drafting. I am new to this, and I really want to improve, so I will listen to what you all have to say about improving this proposal. Thank you! :lol: :)
Last edited by Wrangle on Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:21 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Ambassador Name: Monsieur Moustache

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:49 pm

Article 2a would seem to require that governments constantly surveil all the thoughts of all of their inhabitants, all the time, so that they can instantaneously detect "fascist thinking" and lock away the people who do it. How do you anticipate that this will work in societies which do not have access to mind-reading technology?
Last edited by Tinhampton on Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

West Barack and East Obama
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:50 pm

Dr Justin Obama, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs: This opens the door for allowing us to 're-educate' and arrest political opponents we declare fascists and opponents to our glorious communist ideology. Absolute full support, based as fuck.
Sonnel is the place.

6x Issues Author | Political Figures | Sports Stuff

██████████

Wrangle
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrangle » Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:57 pm

Tinhampton wrote:Article 2a would seem to require that governments constantly surveil all the thoughts of all of their inhabitants, all the time, so that they can instantaneously detect "fascist thinking" and lock away the people who do it. How do you anticipate that this will work in societies which do not have access to mind-reading technology?

Monsieur Moustache says, "If someone says a fascist speech or posts it on the Internet, then it is an evidence of fascist thinking. You don't need a mind-reading device. But I will see about amending the text of the draft to clarify things."
West Barack and East Obama wrote:Dr Justin Obama, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs: This opens the door for allowing us to 're-educate' and arrest political opponents we declare fascists and opponents to our glorious communist ideology. Absolute full support, based as fuck.

Monsieur Moustache says, "Thank you very much for your support, Mr. Obama. Although you like the draft now, wait until it is completed and it will be even better!"
Last edited by Wrangle on Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:06 pm

In this resolution, Fascism is an ideology that puts authoritarian and hateful governments over individuals, and in addition asserts the biological superiority of one group of individuals over others,

Plagiarized straight from Wikipedia.

Category: Civil Rights | Strength: Strong

Nothing in this disaster improves civil rights in any fashion whatsoever. Let alone have enough teeth to be classified as Strong. 1/10 for effort.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Wrangle
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrangle » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:12 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
In this resolution, Fascism is an ideology that puts authoritarian and hateful governments over individuals, and in addition asserts the biological superiority of one group of individuals over others,

Nothing in this disaster improves civil rights in any fashion whatsoever. Let alone have enough teeth to be classified as Strong. 1/10 for effort.

"Hello sir. Where else is one supposed to get a definition of fascism? Of course I will consult a reputable source. Also, I will add things in the future to the resolution so it does have bite."
Last edited by Wrangle on Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:13 pm

Wrangle wrote:
Wayneactia wrote:

"Hello sir. Where else is one supposed to get a definition of fascism? Of course I will consult a reputable source. Also, I will add things in the future to the resolution to it does have bite."

OOC: Plagiarism from wikipedia is illegal and your proposal will be discarded, and you may get you ejected from the WA
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Chrysanthemum State
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chrysanthemum State » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:14 pm

Firstly, welcome to NationStates! All WA resolutions start as drafts; maybe you'll author a resolution one day. :)
There are things you can should improve on, which Wayneactia has gone over.
Wayneactia wrote:

The various fascist regions aren't mentioned here. Could they be mentioned in a GA resolution?
Last edited by Chrysanthemum State on Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombadil wrote:Nice work.
「菊和民国万歳」

Diplomat

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby West Barack and East Obama » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:14 pm

Chrysanthemum State wrote:Firstly, welcome to NationStates! All WA resolutions start as drafts; maybe you'll author a resolution one day. :)
There are things you can improve on, which Wayneactia has gone over.
Wayneactia wrote:

The various fascist regions aren't mentioned here. Could they be mentioned in a GA resolution?

OOC: Regions cannot be mentioned in the GA. That's metagaming.
Sonnel is the place.

██████████

Chrysanthemum State
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 31, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chrysanthemum State » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:15 pm

Thanks, Obama. :)
Last edited by Chrysanthemum State on Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombadil wrote:Nice work.
「菊和民国万歳」

Wrangle
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrangle » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:15 pm

West Barack and East Obama wrote:
Wrangle wrote:"Hello sir. Where else is one supposed to get a definition of fascism? Of course I will consult a reputable source. Also, I will add things in the future to the resolution to it does have bite."

OOC: Plagiarism from wikipedia is illegal and your proposal will be discarded, and you may get you ejected from the WA

I actually got the definition from Merriam-Webster and not Wikipedia. I think that I didn't use the exact same wording.
Last edited by Wrangle on Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wrangle
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrangle » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:19 pm

Chrysanthemum State wrote:Firstly, welcome to NationStates! All WA resolutions start as drafts; maybe you'll author a resolution one day. :)
There are things you can should improve on, which Wayneactia has gone over.
Wayneactia wrote:

"Thank you, Chrysanthemum State! I don't know if I can mention different regions in GA resolution. Maybe that is a job for the Security Counsel."

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:25 pm

Wrangle wrote:I don't know if I can mention different regions in GA resolution. Maybe that is a job for the Security Counsel."

Where it's been done already.....

Member states must:
Search for, at all times, instances of fascist expression and transmission in their territories in various media, which includes but is not limited to:
Oral expression and transmission of fascism (a.k.a. word of mouth);
Radio;
Newspaper & magazine, and other print media such as books;
Television;
And last but not least, Internet.
Apprehend the individuals responsible and put a stop to dissemination of fascism.
Educate said individuals.
Produce communications to impede the spread of fascism by educating populations on what is right, fair, and kind.

I assume you have consulted with Article One, Article Two, and Article Three of Rights and Duties of WA States?
Last edited by WayNeacTia on Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Wrangle
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Wrangle » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:37 pm

Wayneactia wrote:
Wrangle wrote:I don't know if I can mention different regions in GA resolution. Maybe that is a job for the Security Counsel."

Where it's been done already.....

"Yup, so no need to mention those regions here!"
Wayneactia wrote:
Member states must:
Search for, at all times, instances of fascist expression and transmission in their territories in various media, which includes but is not limited to:
Oral expression and transmission of fascism (a.k.a. word of mouth);
Radio;
Newspaper & magazine, and other print media such as books;
Television;
And last but not least, Internet.
Apprehend the individuals responsible and put a stop to dissemination of fascism.
Educate said individuals.
Produce communications to impede the spread of fascism by educating populations on what is right, fair, and kind.

I assume you have consulted with Article One, Article Two, and Article Three of Rights and Duties of WA States?

"Yup, I have read those things. That resolution bans WA member states from interfering with each other. But the World Assembly itself is not a member state and is not subject to those limitations, or else it would not be able to pass and enforce any of its legislation."

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:32 am

"Full support. Fascism must be confined to the dustbin of history."

OOC:
Wayneactia wrote:

I don't see this text appearing anywhere on that page.

Wayneactia wrote:

@OP. You'd need to change the category. There's nothing in your proposal that increases freedom from government control. If anything, it's the opposite and Moral Decency would be appropriate. Have a look here.

Wayneactia wrote:I assume you have consulted with Article One, Article Two, and Article Three of Rights and Duties of WA States?

I am very surprised that you are not aware that there's literally nothing in those sections of GAR#2 that prevents WA action. One prevents action by nation states - the WA is not a nation state, and the others are "subject to the immunities recognized by international law" which means that the WA can do as it wishes.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:38 am

OOC: Specifying 'Individuals of color' or 'LGBT+' implies that the people in power are cishet white people, which might be problematic. Maybe just 'ethnic minorities' or 'gender, sexual and romantic minorities' would be better.
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Anne of Cleves in TNP
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 12, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Anne of Cleves in TNP » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:25 am

“Ambassador, I, the empress I serve, and the people of the Clevesian Empire are deeply opposed to any proposal that essentially centers around a simple claim that ‘Ideology X should be destroyed because it is bad’, especially if the proposal’s spotlight is directly on right-wing ideologies! Auf Wiedersehen! (Goodbye!)”
-Ms. Charlotte Schafer, WA Ambassador for the Clevesian Empire
IC Name: The Clevesian Empire
Capital: New Cleves
Leader: Empress Anne of Cleves III
Failed WA Proposals: “Repeal: Comfortable Pillows for All Protocol”
IC WA Minister: Lady Charlotte Schafer
“This is the part where you run from your proposal.”

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:31 am

"We are vehemently opposed to any policy that requires we engage in aggressive police spying and criminalization of wrongthink. Fascism is an intolerable ideology, but that doesn't justify resorting to it's tools.

"Further, we see little reason to advocate for kindness among citizens. The C.D.S.P. is considered a rude place by most genteel standards. We'd hate to buck that trend."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Makko Oko
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Makko Oko » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:34 am

"After considering the responses of the other Ambassadors in the room, mainly of our same purview, we've decided to declare our full support for this resolution and surely hope it goes to vote soon." - Alora Hakjova, Makko Oko Minister Of Diplomatic Affairs
OBC Current News: First-Ever Anti-Terrorism Act Enacted | Emperor launches plans to expand trade | Danika Hicks Case: NOT GUILTY VERDICT! Court rules 3-2
Information:
IIWiki Factbooks
NS Factbooks

NOTE: This nation does not reflect my real beliefs in any way, shape or form

Outer Sparta
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:44 am

Ambassador Tav: Opposed to any resolution that aims to destroy an ideology. While fascism is bad, there are other ways to go after it rather than a blanket WA ban. Besides, what's not to say that it gets abused and any authoritarian regime gets declared "fascist?"
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

The Orwell Society
Minister

Founded: Apr 16, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Orwell Society » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:47 am

Opposed. I would kind of like to keep my nation, thank you.
The Orwell Society
Straight Male | Political Alignment: Centrist leaning conservative | NSGP Alignment: Independent | Proud Wellspringer, join The Wellspring today!

A vision without action is just a daydream

Fachumonn
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2021
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Fachumonn » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:57 am

Wrangle wrote:
West Barack and East Obama wrote:OOC: Plagiarism from wikipedia is illegal and your proposal will be discarded, and you may get you ejected from the WA

I actually got the definition from Merriam-Webster and not Wikipedia. I think that I didn't use the exact same wording.

It's still probably plagiarism. Make sure to mix up the words more and add a little bit or else you might get ejected from the WA and your proposal discarded.
GA Authorship Leaderboard | Guide to Campaigning | Other Resources

-11th Delegate of LSC. (May 31 2021-October 16 2022, June 9 2023-August 21 2023, November 1 2023-)

WA Ambassador: The People | Pronouns: He/Him/His| RL Ideology: Libertarian Socialism/Anarcho-Communism | GP Alignment: Independent |

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Goobergunchia » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:37 pm

Merriam-Webster wrote:a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

I'm not seeing the plagiarism.

Goobergunchia
Game Moderator
(+5175 posts from mostly pre-Jolt)
Making NationStates a different place since 17 May 2003.
ADN Advisor (Ret.)
Nasicournian Officer
Citizen of the Rejected Realms
Discord: Goobergunch#2417
Ideological Bulwark #16
Sponsor, HR#22, SC#4
Rules: GA SC
NS Game Moderator
For your forum moderation needs: The Moderation Forum
For your in-game moderation needs: The Getting Help Page
What are the rules? See the OSRS.
Who are the mods, anyway?

The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Wallenburgian World Assembly Offices » Thu Jun 23, 2022 12:55 pm

"My office fears that a measure such as this would further delay Wallenburgian reintegration into the World Assembly. Our nation cares a great deal for the free expression of thought, and while some ideas under your 'fascist' umbrella are worthy of suppression, the outright prohibition or chilling effect on legitimate democratic expression would be far too severe. Criminalization of ideological beliefs is perhaps the most outright anti-democratic action conceivable."
If you're seeing this post, I probably meant to post it as Wallenburg.

Floofybit
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 11, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Floofybit » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:09 pm

While this resolution does do good work against sympathising minorities, I feel like it should still cover turmoil against majorities. Such as the racist belief that whites are inherently racist. I don't know if that falls under fascism but I feel like it would be honourable to cover.
Compass: Northwest
Reformative Authoritarian Pacifist
Pro: Socialism, Authoritarianism, The Right To Life, Environment, Public Services, Government, Equity and Equality, Surveillance, Police, Religion, Pacifism, Fruit
Anti: Capitalism, Liberalism, Abortion, Anarchy, Inequality, Crime, Drugs, Guns, Violence, Fruit-Haters
Religious ace male furry who really, really, really loves fruit.
Broadcasting From Foxlington
Safety & Equality > Freedom
If I CTE hold a funeral because I'm dead :)
My political test results
Telegram me your favourite colour, I'm doing a survey

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly