NATION

PASSWORD

Repeal "Restrictions on Child Labor"

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Gaytania
Secretary

Founded: Mar 28, 2009
Ex-Nation

Repeal "Restrictions on Child Labor"

Postby Gaytania » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:07 pm

UNDERSTANDING that the purpose of "Restrictions on Child Labor" is to insure the safety of children in the workplace,

NOTING that this proposal fails to recognize the wildly different interpretations that can be made from it's definition of the term minor,

ALSO NOTING that this resolution fails too take into account the vast cultural diversity in the societies of WA member nations,

SEEKING the opportunity to introduce a more effective and clearly defined version of this resolution to the World Assembly,

Hereby repeals resolution #4, "Restrictions on Child Labor"

I would appreciate any of your your comments and suggestions on this proposed repealment.

Rutianas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 23, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: Repeal "Restrictions on Child Labor"

Postby Rutianas » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:04 pm

Gaytania wrote:
UNDERSTANDING that the purpose of "Restrictions on Child Labor" is to insure the safety of children in the workplace,

NOTING that this proposal fails to recognize the wildly different interpretations that can be made from it's definition of the term minor,

ALSO NOTING that this resolution fails too take into account the vast cultural diversity in the societies of WA member nations,

SEEKING the opportunity to introduce a more effective and clearly defined version of this resolution to the World Assembly,

Hereby repeals resolution #4, "Restrictions on Child Labor"

I would appreciate any of your your comments and suggestions on this proposed repealment.

(A)Defines a 'minor' as a person below the legal age of majority as defined in their nation.

Exactly how would you word it so that it does take into account the different interpretations of what constitutes a 'minor' in each nation?

I'm not sure what you mean by cultural diversity where this particular resolution is concerned. I don't see how 'cultural diversity' can be related to protecting children from harsh working conditions.

Honestly, the Imperial Republic will not back up a repeal of this resolution unless a replacement is drafted to take it's place and we can support the resolution. Do that first, then we'll discuss the repeal.

Paula Jenner, Rutianas Ambassador

Serbian_Soviet_Union
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Serbian_Soviet_Union » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:19 pm

this is only just an attempt in having itleast something from gaytania pass through the WA resolution, however looking at his history throughout the WA, it looks like he will be drafting an replacement which will cover more then just one concept and violate it that it becomes illegal as it covers more then just one category of a resolution
Zastava Arms Inc Cheap Military Hardware: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6443
Zastava Energy Inc & Zastava Oil Corporation: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7806
Full member of: AMNAT, CIN, SCUTUM, CA, VA, PSUS
Observer Member of: GIA, EA, CI

Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) State of War/State of Emergency || Preparation for a possible war
Military size 5% Active || 2.5% Reserves
Government Type: Capitalist, Conservative, Right Wing, Democratic
FSSU Nations Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9558
Serbian Broadcasting News: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9733
Baxtell Heavy Engineering Droid Works

Sionis Prioratus
Senator

Founded: Feb 07, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Sionis Prioratus » Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:52 pm

Repeals. Oh my sweet, sweet Goddess.

I find it very disheartening to see another repeal without the would-be substitute drafted side-by-side.

(OOC: There ought to be a rule regarding this, with exceptions for things like "Max Barry's Day")

I see you want very much to pass a resolution, any resolution. You'll never, ever find consensus, so don't even look for it.

It's a commendable resolve, but utterly useless if your heart isn't pure. And the cause must be just.

It isn't just. You must offer a BETTER replacement, vagaries about something amourphous some time in a not specified future just won't do it. No deal.

Injustices have been done in the past regarding successful Repeals. It would be a shame to see your name in such an unholy hall.

Yours truly,
Cathérine Victoire de Saint-Clair
Haute Ambassadrice for the WA for
✡ The Jewish Kingdom of Sionis Prioratus
Daughter of The Late King Adrian the First
In the Name of
Sa Majesté Impériale Dagobert VI de Saint-Clair
A simple truth

Serbian_Soviet_Union
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 11, 2009

Postby Serbian_Soviet_Union » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Sionis Prioratus wrote:Repeals. Oh my sweet, sweet Goddess.

I find it very disheartening to see another repeal without the would-be substitute drafted side-by-side.

(OOC: There ought to be a rule regarding this, with exceptions for things like "Max Barry's Day")

I see you want very much to pass a resolution, any resolution. You'll never, ever find consensus, so don't even look for it.

It's a commendable resolve, but utterly useless if your heart isn't pure. And the cause must be just.

It isn't just. You must offer a BETTER replacement, vagaries about something amourphous some time in a not specified future just won't do it. No deal.

Injustices have been done in the past regarding successful Repeals. It would be a shame to see your name in such an unholy hall.

Yours truly,

Gaytania came very close to being expelled from the WA, his first attempt of an repeal was at the same time writting up a resolution within the repeal, that has failed cause it was illegal and violated game mechanics, his space proposal failed due to obvious reason's stated a million times, don't want to look like a broken record talking radio so i wont go into this, and now this, his only motive is to be in the history books of passing something within the WA, anything so as long as his name is mentioned that he actually passed or repealed something within the WA.

Sionis Prioratus, you are actually right about this and i think there is already a rule something about what you have just mentioned but then again there has been many attemps in repealing the nuclear arms possession act with comming up with almost anything just to have the damm thing repealed which failed misserably and came with many opposition including myself opposing such a repeal.

Anyways let him be, it's upto him, all we can do is ignore it without flaiming the situation and feeding the troll.
Zastava Arms Inc Cheap Military Hardware: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6443
Zastava Energy Inc & Zastava Oil Corporation: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7806
Full member of: AMNAT, CIN, SCUTUM, CA, VA, PSUS
Observer Member of: GIA, EA, CI

Defcon: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) State of War/State of Emergency || Preparation for a possible war
Military size 5% Active || 2.5% Reserves
Government Type: Capitalist, Conservative, Right Wing, Democratic
FSSU Nations Factbook: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9558
Serbian Broadcasting News: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9733
Baxtell Heavy Engineering Droid Works

Tiesabre
Ambassador

Founded: May 15, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiesabre » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:40 am

I don't believe would should even give this 'repeal' much thought at all.

Against.

Good day all, I'm off for 18 rounds of golf!
Psycho Baby: I find atheists who disparage others for believing are not any better than theists who try to shove it down others' throats.
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: -6.62
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.26
Miss. Vivian Smith, Foreign Affairs-in-Chief and WA Ambassador

Flibbleites
Retired Moderator

Founded: Jan 02, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Flibbleites » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:12 am

Sionis Prioratus wrote:(OOC: There ought to be a rule regarding this, with exceptions for things like "Max Barry's Day")

There's no rule regarding this, but there is a ruling on this. It's buried down deep in the archives(i.e. it's over on Jolt), luckily I had it bookmarked.

http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showpost.php?p ... tcount=177
This is your second or third topic that you've hijacked into complaints about this. Let's just make this an Official Mod Ruling:[indent]Repeal Authors are in no way obligated to provide or promote a replacement proposal. It's not an NS rule, and it probably never will be.[/indent]
~ Frisbeeteria ~
NationStates Game Moderator

The One-Stop Rules Shop

The Rich Port
Post Czar

Founded: Jul 29, 2008

Postby The Rich Port » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:35 pm

DENIED
THOSE THAT SOW THORNS SHOULD NOT EXPECT FLOWERS
CONSERVATISM IS FEAR AND STAGNATION AS IDEOLOGY. ONLY MARCH FORWARD.

Pronouns: She/Her
The Alt-Right Playbook
Alt-right/racist terminology
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly