NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT #1c] Firearm Permit Reciprocity

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: Ok, no IC for you then. :P

Point out to me where the proposal says it doesn't apply to military?

Point out to me where it does. Stop injecting invisible clauses in.

OOC: It's not an invisible clause. If it applies to everyone, then it applies to people who are in the military as well.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:13 pm

Araraukar wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:Point out to me where it does. Stop injecting invisible clauses in.

OOC: It's not an invisible clause. If it applies to everyone, then it applies to people who are in the military as well.

Except RITA prohibits what you're suggesting.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:56 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Araraukar wrote:OOC: It's not an invisible clause. If it applies to everyone, then it applies to people who are in the military as well.

Except RITA prohibits what you're suggesting.

OOC: Her?

And what am I suggesting? That persons belonging to a nation's military be allowed to - according to the proposal - obtain right to carry firearms in another nation, same as civilians, because the proposal doesn't specify it doesn't apply to members of military?

Again, point out to me where it doesn't do that. If you keep saying it doesn't apply to militaries, either you are reading some invisible clauses or else it actually does apply to militaries. Or alternatively nations are allowed to ban entry to people with firearms just on the basis they have firearms.

Once more, I am not talking of military as the actual army but people who are in the military, traveling as tourists like any civilian. Can they be banned entry just because they serve in the military? Just because they travel with/own/want to own a firearm? Do member nations need to provide their gun lisence and military personnel registries to all other member nations so that the others can use the registry as reason to ban entry on suspicion of the person wanting to own/carry firearm (and possibly cause trouble) in that nation? Where are you drawing the line?

And please be aware that I am from a RL nation where it is freakishly weird to own a pistol, so all of this proposal sounds about as casual as if you were wanting to allow everyone to own a rocket launcher and ammunition for it.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:38 am

Araraukar wrote:[
And please be aware that I am from a RL nation where it is freakishly weird to own a pistol, so all of this proposal sounds about as casual as if you were wanting to allow everyone to own a rocket launcher and ammunition for it.

Ooc: that seems super casual to me.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Trellania
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Trellania » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:41 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Araraukar wrote:[

Ooc: that seems super casual to me.

OOC: In Araraukar's defense, that level of casualness has already come up in relation to this proposal; clause d was spawned by it.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:54 am

Trellania wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Ooc: that seems super casual to me.

OOC: In Araraukar's defense, that level of casualness has already come up in relation to this proposal; clause d was spawned by it.

Ooc: that was more a comment on my own radically pro gun beliefs than the proposal.

IC: My concerns not having been addressed adequately, I will be opposing this. That said, in the unlikely event that this passes, I am confident it can be evaded without real effort."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Previous

Return to General Assembly