NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Epidemic Investigation Act

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:25 am

Bears Armed wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:Why Healthcare?

After this many weeks, you have to ask?
*<sighs>*
I don't now remember why I said that back then, maybe because the proposal seemed to be more about field inspections & questioning medical local personnel than about the more "academically"-based types of studies with which I subconsciously was associating the term 'research'... Looking at the matter again now, bearing in mind both the fact that epidemiology is a branch of medical research and the fact that that this proposal probably would place little direct burden on the members' healthcare systems, I concede that 'Research' might be the better of those two possible choices after all.
Actually, though, bearing in mind that the financial burden of these measures arguably would fall more on the WHA than on any particular member nation's medical services and that the WA is funded disproportionately by its wealthier members, you could even make a case for 'Health: International Aid'. That would be precedent-setting, rather than based on already-established precedent, but its underlying logic does seem sound enough to me...
We really need more of GenSec's members to discuss this question.

OOC: I'd lean towards research based on this but I wouldn't object to healthcare either. International aid, less so. The requirements seem to be universal rather than "wealthier member governments ... [spending] their money on poor sick foreigners"
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

The Hazar Amisnery
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 26, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The Hazar Amisnery » Wed Jul 07, 2021 2:33 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
The Hazar Amisnery wrote:What happens if the inspector catches the disease/virus in the country they are inspecting. Are we responsible for their health and safety? If they are allowed to just waltz into hospitals and medical facilities without anyone's permission, its their problem if they catch anything.

I would imagine not, given that WA bureaucrats would almost certainly have their own health plans and have health and safety guidelines that they would follow. Would you like an explicit allocation of inspector costs to the General Fund?

I just don't want to have to pay for something caused by the WA's own stupidity.
News:
Nationwide cyberattack devastates core government infrastructure, but we will prevail.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Texkentuck » Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:37 pm

I want to make this short and easy- The goal is to prevent a nation from causing a world wide pandemic that does disease research. May be a good idea to add in how the inspectors should be paid. Nations who want to send inspectors should be able to do so but,all inspectors regardless sent to a nation should be funded by the nations who send them and must quarantine in those nations on a decided time-line set by the WHA.
Also is it necessary for inspectors to look at sensitive information down to the detail or would it be better for them to do a general inspection of sensitive material to only see that the research isn't a disease warfare facility and that a virus isn't able to leave the facility. Also add in how a nation should report to the WHA the release of a virus that is considered on time from the outbreak. Also should add in for airports and ways of travel to shut down from infected areas.... This doesn't mention anything of reperations of a nation that fails to report the virus but should that be it's own proposal?.

Pres. Bram W. Schirkophf
Texkentuck Monarchy Republic Federation
U.C.C.R
Last edited by Texkentuck on Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:33 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:05 pm

Texkentuck wrote:all inspectors regardless sent to a nation should be funded by the nations who send them and must quarantine in those nations on a decided time-line set by the WHA.

Inspectors are not sent by any nation, they are sent by the WHA.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Great Algerstonia
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Algerstonia » Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:17 pm

"No. We refuse to let health inspectors in Algerstonia, or any WA loony for that matter. They do not deserve access to state secrets."

~Admiral-Ambassador Alec Ainsworth.
Anti: Russia
Pro: Prussia
Resilient Acceleration wrote:After a period of letting this discussion run its course without my involvement due to sheer laziness and a new related NS project, I have returned with an answer and that answer is Israel.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Sent by the WHA- Who makes up the WHA?

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:40 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Texkentuck wrote:all inspectors regardless sent to a nation should be funded by the nations who send them and must quarantine in those nations on a decided time-line set by the WHA.

The WHA is made up of who- A secret group of globalist?! Perfect reason why Texkentuck would vote against this proposal. Nations must know who is who and what is what?!

If we were in the WA we would vote against this proposal because of the lack of knowledge of who the inspectors are and who to hold responsible.... Their is clearly no compromise or edit of anything suggested to actually stop a disease.....Their must be a quarantine for inspectors before leaving the nation in which they inspect......Also when should inspectors investigate a nation?. Will it be when a nation fails to report a virus or is it any nation with a facility for the study of viruses must let inspectors in which may lead to the WHA having knowledge of scientific advancement and profit from the knowledge of the scientist who work in such labs.....Who is the WHA?! I was under the impression it will be a collective body of the brightest in epidemiology and experts in spotting if a facility is only researching for the purpose of disease warfare..... Also thought it would be more of a collaboration effort.....The only way this would work is if each nation is willing to share scientific advancement in the cure of a virus that is in the WA as the proposal states so that we can prevent a disease from breaking lose or a facility from releasing a virus.
Only vote for this proposal if
A: Your nation has no problem with a WHA of whomever having access to the scientific advancement in fighting a virus and taking credit from your scientist.
B: Your nation lets inspectors from wherever they are from to access your labs
C: Your nation lets inspectors from some nation that could be infected visit and infect your population because they haven't quarantined before visit.
D: Your nation is infected and you let inspectors in and their is not any rule for them to quarantine so they could spread the disease elsewhere after discovery.
E: Their is nothing of the mention of any reparation of a discovered nation to be hiding a virus on the lose and by this point it probably spread world wide before inspection.
F: Any virus that is reported in a timely fashion by decree of the WHA world wide transportation wont be shut down from the point of infected.
G If a virus is lose all major cities in which the population is packed together their isn't a quarantine encouraged by nations to do what is right.

Most of all who would let an organization in that has no collaboration to there nation or any?!.......That's impossible because every person belongs to a nation so what is the WHA?!

What will make this proposal work and actually stop a virus?
A: Nations have representatives of the their brightest to join the WHA.
B: Nations agree that all scientific advancement is shared and any advancement is credited to the nations discovery because it is public knowledge amongst the brightest scientist of the WHA who represent the nations who are members.
C: If a nation is responsible for the release of a virus and doesn't report in a timely fashion. All advancement and knowledge to the WHA from scientist from the accused nation face international court and receive no credit, or benefit from the scientific knowledge.
D: If a virus is lose all major cities with airports are shut down in other nations and E followed.
E: Major transportation from that part of an effected nation must not be allowed to travel to other nations.
D: Virus or no virus all inspectors must quarantine in there nation. Also quarantine after the inspection in the nation they inspect. "Which means they must always prepare in quarantine and be ready for an inspection."
E: All nations of the WHA agree NOT to have disease warfare facilities. Only facilities in which it's open and is only for the purpose of stopping a virus and scientific advancement in medicine/vaccines.
F: Any facility that makes a virus must report the findings to the WHA immediately to make sure it can not become a disease warfare facility and definitely won't get lose amongst populations. Also as stated again "NO NATION RECIEVES CREDIT OF THE SCIENTIFIC DISCOVERIES BUT THE NATION THAT FINDS THE DISCOVERY....The downside is because nations are sharing their discoveries it may lead to nations finding discoveries from a discovery. But that is what happens when your sharing information. It's a collaboration of nations to find a cure and stop future viruses.

This needs to be added.
If this was added my nation would vote yes to this proposal. But the way the current proposal looks. It's too lucrative because no one knows who the inspectors are and hardly has a way to stop and fight against a virus spreading.... Only line some pockets and the WA nations of the WHA would be asking questions like now as the virus eats away at the world..... This proposal is a great proposal but needs to add substance and it will be a great proposal. Much of it I agree with but their must be what I proposed added.

No matter what you do to the proposal please realize some nations may just vote against it because they don't want any calibration. My nation if in the WA would be working to lead in this proposal. Vote for all nations to be in collaboration. If my proposals are added no nation would have to worry about hiding scientific advancement. Every nation would represent the WHA and lead. Nations would work together in finding the solutions while all receive credit where it is due. Many people will be saved.....

President Bram W. Schirkophf
Texkentuck Federation Republic
U.C.C.R
Last edited by Texkentuck on Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:03 am, edited 20 times in total.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Jul 09, 2021 10:53 pm

Great Algerstonia wrote:"No. We refuse to let health inspectors in Algerstonia, or any WA loony for that matter. They do not deserve access to state secrets."

~Admiral-Ambassador Alec Ainsworth.

The WHA must make sure your nation gets credit for it's advancement. If it looks like this proposal will pass for the sake of your nation don't remain silent. Make demands for your nation to be recognized in the proposal or why the WHA is more beuacracy. Your nation has enough beuacracy. Your nation in the WA and how much more....That would be your best defense.

If I was in the WA I would vote against this proposal because they are not making the changes needed and it looks to be more WA beuacracy........

I would vote for this proposal if they add in what I asked.....

Not a current member because too many proposals that take away my national sovereignty. Will join when their is an even balance and sound proposals. This proposal needs to have changes in which we know who the inspectors are and the inspectors are from your nation as well if it passes.... Also I've been told the WHA is made up by an association of no national origin which means it could be anyone...Is it cooperate thugs?! Is it lunatic scientist organization only made up of scientist from "some" Nations and not all of our nations.....We don't know. Or is a single family out to rule the world?! We don't know who the WHA is unless they say "Nations have representatives of the their brightest to join the WHA". But this proposal says not such!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as Schirkophf strongly and loudly states.........................

Currently my nation stands with Admiral-Ambassador Alec Ainsworth!! Because the concerns of this nation are at stake.......This nation doesn't want for a non-scientist of the WHA or someone of no collaborative status to see his information in scientific advancement....For all the good Admiral knows is that the current WHA as proposed of know collaboration with nations will sell his scientific advancement to my nation......My nation stands with this nation because my nation could very well be on this WA boat......

President Bram W. Schirkophf
Texkentuck Republic Federation
U.C.C.R
Last edited by Texkentuck on Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:23 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:

One more statement-

This needs to be added. No nation should let just anyone in there nation.....

Must be added...

A:Inspectors are sent by individual nations who care to do an inspection in the WHA and must quarantine before and after inspection in the nation inspected.

B:All that is discovered must be credited to the nation of discovery......

C:All inspectors regardless sent to a nation should be funded by the nations who send them and must quarantine in those nations on a decided time-line set by the WHA!!

"A nation who doesn't want to collaborate strongly just doesn't want more collaboration than already exist being in the WA".

One reason my nation is not in this WA is because anything suggested is never added.

Nations must know who the inspectors are and all nations in the WHA should be allowed to send their own inspectors

after the inspectors have quarantined.

Also each nation after inspection must have for inspectors to spend time in quarantine to make sure a virus hasn't left the nation.......It's a security and safety protocol and with out this is putting many in jeopardy of a virus or disease...

Pres. Bram W. Schirkophf
Texkentuck Republic Federation
U.C.C.R
Last edited by Texkentuck on Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:23 am

Bananaistan wrote:OOC: I'd lean towards research based on this but I wouldn't object to healthcare either. International aid, less so. The requirements seem to be universal rather than "wealthier member governments ... [spending] their money on poor sick foreigners"

OOC: Agreed in all respects.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:12 pm

The Europeian Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the General Assembly resolution, "Epidemic Investigation Act".
Its reasoning may be found here.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Junitaki-cho
Attaché

Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Junitaki-cho » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:23 am

I'm not convinced clause 3 is legal under the metagaming rule. This doesn't directly set mandates for non-member states, but it does create situations which would require their compliance, and it responds to those situations by imposing sanctions on those non-members. The sanctions are "to be enforced by member nations against the nation or those persons responsible in that nation for such non-compliance," which I suppose is meant to make them sound non-binding, but at the end of the day they're still retaliatory sanctions being passed down from a World Assembly committee to a specific non-member state.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:01 am

Junitaki-cho wrote:I'm not convinced clause 3 is legal under the metagaming rule.

Consider bringing a legality challenge.

Greater Cesnica wrote:The Europeian Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the General Assembly resolution, "Epidemic Investigation Act".
Its reasoning may be found here.

So can mine :P
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:25 am

Junitaki-cho wrote:I'm not convinced clause 3 is legal under the metagaming rule. This doesn't directly set mandates for non-member states, but it does create situations which would require their compliance, and it responds to those situations by imposing sanctions on those non-members. The sanctions are "to be enforced by member nations against the nation or those persons responsible in that nation for such non-compliance," which I suppose is meant to make them sound non-binding, but at the end of the day they're still retaliatory sanctions being passed down from a World Assembly committee to a specific non-member state.

OOC: Precedent says that telling the member nations how to react to non-members in certain cases is legal, for example by forbidding members from importing goods whose production methods were not in accordance with WA law.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

Marxist Germany
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Marxist Germany » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:43 am

Imperium Anglorum on May 8th 2021 A.D. wrote:I also highly recommend omitting bolding from your operative verbs.

OOC: As for the content, I see no reason not to support it.
Last edited by Marxist Germany on Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Author of GA#461, GA#470, GA#477, GA#481, GA#486 (co-author), and SC#295

Former delegate of The United Federations; citizen and former Senior Senator of 10000 Islands; 113th Knight of TITO

URA World Assembly Affairs
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 09, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby URA World Assembly Affairs » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:52 am

The United Regions Alliance recommends that nations vote against this resolution. https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1573640
Representing the members of the URA in the World Assembly.

Currently run by Suvmia.

Kurogasa
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 15, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Kurogasa » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:43 am

Interesting how pretty much everything in this proposal is optional except for this

"Inspectors’ request for access to sensitive areas or sensitive information may be rejected by the local jurisdiction. Such rejections shall be reviewed by the Independent Adjudicative Office, which may overrule such rejections if the likely harm of release is less than the likely harm to international public health interests."

So basically the WA's spy branch huh?.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:21 am

Marxist Germany wrote:
Imperium Anglorum on May 8th 2021 A.D. wrote:I also highly recommend omitting bolding from your operative verbs.

OOC: As for the content, I see no reason not to support it.

I never knew MG thought headings were operative verbs.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Pre-Christian Persecuted People
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Pre-Christian Persecuted People » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:42 pm

We oppose as the bill is tyrannical and interferes in the affairs of a sovereign nation by a monstrous majority, leading to further persecution.

Sincluda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sincluda » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:44 pm

Pre-Christian Persecuted People wrote:We oppose as the bill is tyrannical and interferes in the affairs of a sovereign nation by a monstrous majority, leading to further persecution.

Raiken sighs. "Then just leave the Assembly if sovereignty is your concern."

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pre-Christian Persecuted People » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:50 pm

Sincluda wrote:
Pre-Christian Persecuted People wrote:We oppose as the bill is tyrannical and interferes in the affairs of a sovereign nation by a monstrous majority, leading to further persecution.

Raiken sighs. "Then just leave the Assembly if sovereignty is your concern."

We are the voice of persecuted innocents who are bullied, slaughtered, persecuted by tyrants who create invasive bills and their extremely monstrous supporters. We are the voice of the persecuted minorities who are butchered by monstrous majority and as such, we will fight tooth and nail against monsters their little monsters (supporters of such bills) and horrible invasive bills designed to further persecute those not following the official line.

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:55 pm

Pre-Christian Persecuted People wrote:
Sincluda wrote:Raiken sighs. "Then just leave the Assembly if sovereignty is your concern."

We are the voice of persecuted innocents who are bullied, slaughtered, persecuted by tyrants who create invasive bills and their extremely monstrous supporters. We are the voice of the persecuted minorities who are butchered by monstrous majority and as such, we will fight tooth and nail against monsters their little monsters (supporters of such bills) and horrible invasive bills designed to further persecute those not following the official line.

“Bullied, slaughter, and persecuted.” Lol

Sylh Alanor
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sylh Alanor » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Would you mind explaining how this bill is tyrannical? So far this seems like the same thing you post in every GA thread, so to keep everyone here from assuming that it's a copy/paste response, I'd like to know more about why you think this about a bill that has the World Assembly investigate epidemics is tyrannical.
Councillor of Culture, Refugia
she/her

Hulldom
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hulldom » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:55 pm

Sincluda wrote:Raiken sighs. "Then just leave the Assembly if sovereignty is your concern."

We are the voice of persecuted innocents who are bullied, slaughtered, persecuted by tyrants who create invasive bills and their extremely monstrous supporters.

[The Coventry Carol plays in the background]

“Elsie Mortimer Wellesley is not Herod the Great or anything similar, sir. And I think the Roman Government of 1 AD would very much regret the comparison to the modern World Assembly.”
...And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud!

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Pre-Christian Persecuted People » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:22 pm

Sylh Alanor wrote:

Would you mind explaining how this bill is tyrannical? So far this seems like the same thing you post in every GA thread, so to keep everyone here from assuming that it's a copy/paste response, I'd like to know more about why you think this about a bill that has the World Assembly investigate epidemics is tyrannical.

Certainly sir! I point out the bills as tyrannical because they are. As a majority, you will not understand the persecution at all, but as persecuted minority following old religion, we certainly understand persecution

Every country has a right to accept or deny any foreigner / foreign authority etc to be present whatever their business be, however, this bill tears through that when it says:

All member nations must permit the entrance and exit of WHA inspectors (hereinafter Inspectors) and fully cooperate with such requests for access or information which Inspectors may deliver to member nation authorities, subject to the following subsection.

A sovereign nation must have the right to either agree to let foreigners in or not, it does not matter whether it is pandemic, endemic or an apocalypse. The country must have the right to deal with it as it sees fit.

Second such dangerous point is this:

Inspectors’ request for access to sensitive areas or sensitive information may be rejected by the local jurisdiction. Such rejections shall be reviewed by the Independent Adjudicative Office, which may overrule such rejections if the likely harm of release is less than the likely harm to international public health interests.

No international body should have a right to permit or overrule anything, it is upto the state which must see as they deem fit as most of such areas are of high importance and this will definitely be used as espionage. Besides, it is against our ideology to create some Majestic 12 type of Supra-Globalist organization planning to rule over all the innocent minority.

And then, this one is very concerning:

No member nation may otherwise bar the access of Inspectors to medical personnel. Nor may any member nation retaliate against the provision of information by medical personnel to Inspectors.

This directly attacks the sovereignty of the nations. Every country should have the right to accept or deny any person entering the country no matter what especially when that person might be a type of spy or harbor ill feelings against the country. Special treatment given to these guys would be preposterous.

There are many such things in the bill that can be countered, so as an alternative we propose:

1. The inspectors whichever nation they go to, shall also be bound to the respective countries laws and in the case of them breaking the law, that country will have the full right to prosecute and punish them if convicted.

2. Individual country has a right to accept or deny any inspectors based on their own volition.

3. Individual countries would not require to provide the inspector any information about the installations which affect national security and would have the full right to prosecute the inspectors if they try to obtain unauthorized information.

These 3 points would ensure the sovereignty of the innocent nations and will protect minority nations against monstrous majority.

Sincluda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sincluda » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:37 pm

Sylh Alanor wrote:Would you mind explaining how this bill is tyrannical? So far this seems like the same thing you post in every GA thread, so to keep everyone here from assuming that it's a copy/paste response, I'd like to know more about why you think this about a bill that has the World Assembly investigate epidemics is tyrannical.

Certainly sir! I point out the bills as tyrannical because they are. As a majority, you will not understand the persecution at all, but as persecuted minority following old religion, we certainly understand persecution

Every country has a right to accept or deny any foreigner / foreign authority etc to be present whatever their business be, however, this bill tears through that when it says:

All member nations must permit the entrance and exit of WHA inspectors (hereinafter Inspectors) and fully cooperate with such requests for access or information which Inspectors may deliver to member nation authorities, subject to the following subsection.

A sovereign nation must have the right to either agree to let foreigners in or not, it does not matter whether it is pandemic, endemic or an apocalypse. The country must have the right to deal with it as it sees fit.

Second such dangerous point is this:

Inspectors’ request for access to sensitive areas or sensitive information may be rejected by the local jurisdiction. Such rejections shall be reviewed by the Independent Adjudicative Office, which may overrule such rejections if the likely harm of release is less than the likely harm to international public health interests.

No international body should have a right to permit or overrule anything, it is upto the state which must see as they deem fit as most of such areas are of high importance and this will definitely be used as espionage. Besides, it is against our ideology to create some Majestic 12 type of Supra-Globalist organization planning to rule over all the innocent minority.

And then, this one is very concerning:

No member nation may otherwise bar the access of Inspectors to medical personnel. Nor may any member nation retaliate against the provision of information by medical personnel to Inspectors.

This directly attacks the sovereignty of the nations. Every country should have the right to accept or deny any person entering the country no matter what especially when that person might be a type of spy or harbor ill feelings against the country. Special treatment given to these guys would be preposterous.

There are many such things in the bill that can be countered, so as an alternative we propose:

1. The inspectors whichever nation they go to, shall also be bound to the respective countries laws and in the case of them breaking the law, that country will have the full right to prosecute and punish them if convicted.

2. Individual country has a right to accept or deny any inspectors based on their own volition.

3. Individual countries would not require to provide the inspector any information about the installations which affect national security and would have the full right to prosecute the inspectors if they try to obtain unauthorized information.

These 3 points would ensure the sovereignty of the innocent nations and will protect minority nations against monstrous majority.

OOC: so just NatSov. Then every bill is tyrannical to you

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives