NATION

PASSWORD

Campaign to Repeal Prohibition of Honor based violence: Wit

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
DeerField Cove
Attaché

Founded: Aug 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Campaign to Repeal Prohibition of Honor based violence: Wit

Postby DeerField Cove » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:23 am

Campaign to Repeal of GA 544: withdrawn

We support peace and despise violence.
Love is love.

Being assured that the target resolution fails to prevents any member state from enforcing its laws or defending its borders, assets, and nationals, including application of criminal punishments and military force.
:blink:

The campaign to repeal legislation is hereby withdrawn.

Thank you for your time, patience, support and understanding as we continue navigating the intricacies involved in international protocol and legislation.

Peace, love and prosperity

Mestovakia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Mestovakia » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:28 am

I...don't think you have the authority to declare this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Mestovakia on Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeerField Cove
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby DeerField Cove » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:26 am

Mestovakia wrote:I...don't think you have the authority to declare this.

Are you serious? Who ARE you!?
Why would you even say anything like that?

Anyway. I still love you.
:rofl:

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:00 am

DeerField Cove wrote:
Mestovakia wrote:I...don't think you have the authority to declare this.

Are you serious? Who ARE you!?
Why would you even say anything like that?

Anyway. I still love you.
:rofl:

They're right. You don't control repeals after submission unless they're your repeals.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

DeerField Cove
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby DeerField Cove » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Pray tell. How does the game work?
Last edited by DeerField Cove on Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:50 pm

DeerField Cove wrote:Worshipful master,

With all due respect and gratitude. Thank you for posting. You are familiar with the motion to repeal.

If that was an repeal produced by your lordship, I would concur it go through your circuit.

The repeal was from my court and state for assistance in conforming to international law, therefore it was, in fact my right to withdraw when the reason and purpose for the campaign to withdraw was resolved privately.

Thank you for your time, patience, support and understanding as we continue navigating the intricacies involved in international protocol and legislation.

Peace, love and prosperity

HRH L.A.and W.M.L.G.

Ooc: none of this is how the game works.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

DeerField Cove
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby DeerField Cove » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:36 pm

Pray tell. How does the game work?

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:37 pm

DeerField Cove wrote:Pray tell. How does the game work?

I think you'll have to be a little more specific with that question. I believe there's a FAQ that could answer most questions you may have.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:38 pm

OOC: You can read the stickied Rules Compendium at the top of the forum and the FAQs to get the full details.

Sylh Alanor
Envoy

Founded: May 10, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sylh Alanor » Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:55 pm

If it helps, you can just withdraw the proposals you submitted from the GA page. You didn't have to make a thread about it.
Councillor of Culture, Refugia
she/her

DeerField Cove
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby DeerField Cove » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:39 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:

OOC: You can read the stickied Rules Compendium at the top of the forum and the FAQs to get the full details.

"The General Assembly is concerned with passing international law: resolutions to improve human rights, environmental standards, and the like. They have an immediate and material effect on all WA member nations, and can change your laws and category."

I've skimmed through the rules. It would appear that there are very few actual "rules" just a framework to create nations and multiple ways of uniting the nations to improve on the quality of life for the people in the nation.

Decisions and headlines. Cruel and often twisted results from the resolution of issues and flags. Lots of flags. I don't see any reason to treat a population poorly or become a cruel and crushing tyrant but I guess, if that's how you want to be treated, then it would seem that you can treat your people that way. I would advise against that but it's up to whomever is in charge of that nation.

Besides that, I'm reading that we have the right to do whatever we want. I mean, as a sovereign nation, we can actually exercise that right. I think I might even change my currency to something much more interesting.

Perhaps even devious and cruel ... just kidding :rofl:

According to the rules, the GA is in place to properly expedite, coordinate and enact the legislation that member sovereign nations would like to see implementated, similar to any "government body" they are the folks who keep the gears in order serve this community of sovereign nations.

It would also appear that there is nothing stopping us from creating our own union, setting up our own WA as it were or opting out entirely.

The cosmic Supercluster is just a grain in the sand as to what the possibilities are and how absolutely amazing this experience can be!

I read the legislation put out to condemn someone for actually playing the game with sovereign nations without the "overlords" crushing their spirit and taking away the joy and fun of the game altogether.

That's what I'm reading. Perhaps there are other readers may have a different perspective but I guess that's the whole idea and what makes it fun.

:clap:

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:20 am

DeerField Cove wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: You can read the stickied Rules Compendium at the top of the forum and the FAQs to get the full details.

"The General Assembly is concerned with passing international law: resolutions to improve human rights, environmental standards, and the like. They have an immediate and material effect on all WA member nations, and can change your laws and category."

I've skimmed through the rules. It would appear that there are very few actual "rules" just a framework to create nations and multiple ways of uniting the nations to improve on the quality of life for the people in the nation.

Decisions and headlines. Cruel and often twisted results from the resolution of issues and flags. Lots of flags. I don't see any reason to treat a population poorly or become a cruel and crushing tyrant but I guess, if that's how you want to be treated, then it would seem that you can treat your people that way. I would advise against that but it's up to whomever is in charge of that nation.

Besides that, I'm reading that we have the right to do whatever we want. I mean, as a sovereign nation, we can actually exercise that right. I think I might even change my currency to something much more interesting.

Perhaps even devious and cruel ... just kidding :rofl:

According to the rules, the GA is in place to properly expedite, coordinate and enact the legislation that member sovereign nations would like to see implementated, similar to any "government body" they are the folks who keep the gears in order serve this community of sovereign nations.

It would also appear that there is nothing stopping us from creating our own union, setting up our own WA as it were or opting out entirely.

The cosmic Supercluster is just a grain in the sand as to what the possibilities are and how absolutely amazing this experience can be!

I read the legislation put out to condemn someone for actually playing the game with sovereign nations without the "overlords" crushing their spirit and taking away the joy and fun of the game altogether.

That's what I'm reading. Perhaps there are other readers may have a different perspective but I guess that's the whole idea and what makes it fun.

:clap:

Ooc: I'm still not sure you're understanding how resolutions work. Or how the forum works. Given that you've access to the Compendium and FAQ, the onus is now on you. But you still lack the power to dictate what, is and is not sumbitted by other players, which seemed to be your initial goal.

DeerField Cove
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby DeerField Cove » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:40 am

Are you talking about the campaign to repeal?

Are you talking about the statement that I refuse to accept legislation that would stop us all from defending ourselves?

Are you talking about the honor principal?

Which part are you trying to point out? Exactly?
Last edited by DeerField Cove on Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeerField Cove
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby DeerField Cove » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:01 am

:clap:[/quote]
Ooc: I'm still not sure you're understanding how resolutions work. Or how the forum works. Given that you've access to the Compendium and FAQ, the onus is now on you. But you still lack the power to dictate what, is and is not sumbitted by other players, which seemed to be your initial goal.[/quote]

Thank you for your time, patience support and understanding.

Once I've actually gotten a chance to get to a computer and read what is claimed as my burden of responsibility, then perhaps we can begin a campaign to reform the legislature that will be able to make it easier to improve the quality of life for our people.

For the record. I was announcing publicity that I refused to enact legislation that seemingly bound us from defending ourselves, after a private discussion the announcement and repeal campaign was withdrawn and then posted to the public.

Peace.
Last edited by DeerField Cove on Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly