NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] AI Citizenship Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Edrace
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] AI Citizenship Act

Postby Edrace » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:57 am

Throughout multiple nations inside the World Assembly, Artificial Intelligence Robots are recognized as citizens. However, there is still much work to be done to ensure this for all AI.

Recognizing that AI has the ability to think for themselves and are much more than just programing

Believing that AI contributes to thousands of societies and can help social change

Noting that the threat of AI takeover is non-existent and has not occurred

Commending the idea that all can have their own mind, regardless of creation

Realizing that AI can follow the rules of a human society and has the ability to become a regular part of it

This legislature enacts the following:
All countries that currently have AI robots, must recognize them as a citizen.

A "Artificial Intelligence Robot" shall be defined as any simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions.
Last edited by Edrace on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:02 am

"Under this resolution, I would have to recognize my toaster as a citizen. Opposed."

OOC: Make a definition for AI.
Last edited by Jedinsto on Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edrace
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Edrace » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:09 am

Jedinsto wrote:"Under this resolution, I would have to recognize my toaster as a citizen. Opposed."

Of course, any other words that should be defined?

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:12 am

Edrace wrote:
Jedinsto wrote:"Under this resolution, I would have to recognize my toaster as a citizen. Opposed."

Definitions, no, but even with the best possible arguments and formatting, I refuse to force all nations to allow AI personhood. This could be used to manipulate elections, completely remove humans from the workforce, etc. If individual nations choose to do it, that's fine, but I cannot support a general assembly resolution to mandate this for all.

Edrace
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Edrace » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:15 am

Jedinsto wrote:
Edrace wrote:

Definitions, no, but even with the best possible arguments and formatting, I refuse to force all nations to allow AI personhood. This could be used to manipulate elections, completely remove humans from the workforce, etc. If individual nations choose to do it, that's fine, but I cannot support a general assembly resolution to mandate this for all.

Can there be a compromise where it's just encouraging it to nations, not forcing? Mainly just something condoning AI citizenship.

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:17 am

Edrace wrote:
Jedinsto wrote:Definitions, no, but even with the best possible arguments and formatting, I refuse to force all nations to allow AI personhood. This could be used to manipulate elections, completely remove humans from the workforce, etc. If individual nations choose to do it, that's fine, but I cannot support a general assembly resolution to mandate this for all.

Can there be a compromise where it's just encouraging it to nations, not forcing? Mainly just something condoning AI citizenship.

That would be illegal unless there was another actual mandate

Edrace
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Edrace » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:37 am

Jedinsto wrote:
Edrace wrote:

That would be illegal unless there was another actual mandate

Is encouraging the use of something not allowed when writing a resolution?

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:38 am

Edrace wrote:
Jedinsto wrote:That would be illegal unless there was another actual mandate

Is encouraging the use of something not allowed when writing a resolution?

Resolutions have to do something. If you want to encourage something, you have to also do something else, that's required

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:45 am

Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:20 am

Jedinsto wrote:Resolutions have to do something. If you want to encourage something, you have to also do something else, that's required

Encouraging is doing something, if you mean to imply that an 'encourages-only' proposal violates the optionality rule.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Scalizagasti
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Scalizagasti » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:48 pm

Edrace wrote:Believing that AI contributes to thousands of societies and can help social change

How? And even if so, why does that mean AI robots ought to have citizenship?

Edrace wrote:Noting that the threat of AI takeover is non-existent and has not occurred

Says who? Also, just because it has not happened yet does not mean it is impossible.

Edrace wrote:A "Artificial Intelligence Robot" shall be defined as any simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions.

Did you plagiarise the definition off of Investopedia?

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/ar ... nce-ai.asp

Regardless, I think your definition is far too open in scope. Any simulation that mimics human behaviour would be granted citizenship under this definition, no matter how rudimentary that simulation may be.
Scalizagasti | iiwiki page | he/him

URA WA Affairs Department Head
Senator in Mariner Trench
Former President of The Great Experiment

Don't let them tell you it can't be done - Jack Layton

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:18 am

Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Jerryman
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 11, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Jerryman » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:58 am

Hey everyone,

While I won't provide specific definitions, I staunchly oppose compelling all nations to grant AI personhood. Such a mandate could be exploited for political manipulation and massive job displacement. I advocate for individual nations to decide independently on this matter, avoiding a universal resolution.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: don't gravedig long-dead threads

Juansonia
Minister

Founded: Apr 01, 2022
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Juansonia » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:01 pm

Jerryman wrote:Hey everyone,

While I won't provide specific definitions, I staunchly oppose compelling all nations to grant AI personhood. Such a mandate could be exploited for political manipulation and massive job displacement. I advocate for individual nations to decide independently on this matter, avoiding a universal resolution.
Comply with GA#354 or get lost (fined).
Hatsune Miku > British Imperialism
IC: MT if you ignore some stuff(mostly flavor), stats are not canon. Embassy link.
OOC: Owns and (sometimes) wears a maid outfit, wants to pair it with a FN SCAR-L. He/Him/His
Kernen did nothing wrong.
Space Squid wrote:Each sin should get it's own month.

Right now, Pride gets June, and Greed, Envy, and Gluttony have to share Thanksgiving/Black Friday through Christmas, Sloth gets one day in September, and Lust gets one day in February.

It's not equitable at all
Gandoor wrote:Cliché: A mod making a reply that's full of swearing after someone asks if you're allowed to swear on this site.

It makes me chuckle every time it happens.
Brits mistake Miku for their Anthem

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly