NATION

PASSWORD

External Justifications Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Do you believe that such a proposal will work for the greater good of Nationstates?

No
75%
Yes
13%
Undecided
13%

Total votes : 8

Viennaria
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

External Justifications Act

Postby Viennaria » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:47 pm

This proposal aims to keep justification of crimes committed in the context of international relations

If enacted, this act will:

Ensure that no crimes committed will see the proper justification in events that have happened outside of the aspect of international relations, whether it be on a website, or in the personal lives of citizens/rulers

Protect the rights of affected nations, both defendant and plaintiff, in ensuring that the only "evidence" used in the influencing of cases will be events proven to have taken place during official international relations, or a region's official communication service. Evidence will not be taken from incidences of citizens'/rulers' personal lives.

Destroy basic excuses used to defend the actions of accused nations, such as I was having a hard day, or He/she texted me something that upset me.

Safegaurd the rights of accused nations, so long as the plaintiff's accusation is of events that have happened outside of the context of official international relations or a region's official communication service

For reasons of recent cases that have been brought to my attention, I see fit to propose the aforementioned act to protect the rights of all World Assembly Member Nations, both accuser and accused, to limit the scope of accusations to only what is relevant in the context of official international relations.
Last edited by Viennaria on Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tier 9 Civilization, according to this index: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=453617, Pro-Capitalism and Democracy, I DO NOT USE NSSTATS, Proud Member of ICDN, UDAF, and CUSP.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:48 pm

You can't reference the site. You can reference the name, but you can't reference it being a website or a game, including Discord.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Viennaria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Viennaria » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:50 pm

Atheris wrote:You can't reference the site. You can reference the name, but you can't reference it being a website or a game, including Discord.

Thank you for the information
Tier 9 Civilization, according to this index: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=453617, Pro-Capitalism and Democracy, I DO NOT USE NSSTATS, Proud Member of ICDN, UDAF, and CUSP.

Silvedania
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Silvedania » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 pm

What Atheris said. This proposal is a great idea, but it doesn't fit the parameters of the WA's jurisdiction.
Silvedania, the majestic nation.
NS Stats are mostly accurate except for a few things, like this nation is capitalist and the death penalty isn't in effect

News:All trade with Crabaiaia and Pikala has stopped as diplomats meet in Trenaka.  Silvedanians are confused by Quentin Tarantulatino's new film, Seasonal Snackbox(This is a Bojack Horseman reference.) Weird song goes viral for making no sense.

Co-founder of LITA | Member of ICDN | Former Member of SETA | Member of IFTC | He/Him/His | Airport: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=493569#p37851012
Being president looks like the worst job in the world. -John Mulaney

Viennaria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Viennaria » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:53 pm

Silvedania wrote:What Atheris said. This proposal is a great idea, but it doesn't fit the parameters of the WA's jurisdiction.

Is this better? I edited it

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:55 pm

This is pretty much unsalvageable, as the subject matter is so completely meta that there's nothing that can be done with it.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Viennaria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Viennaria » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:24 pm

On the contrary, I believe I may have fixed it.

Viennaria
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Viennaria » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:25 pm

Atheris wrote:You can't reference the site. You can reference the name, but you can't reference it being a website or a game, including Discord.

Do you believe this fits WA guidelines now?

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:50 pm

Viennaria wrote:

Do you believe this fits WA guidelines now?

If "For reasons of recent cases that have been brought to my attention, I see fit to propose the aforementioned act to protect the rights of all World Assembly Member Nations, both accuser and accused, to limit the scope of accusations to only what is relevant in the context of official international relations." is part of the proposal, then no, it's not. It's a violation of the Branding Clause. If it's not, then I think it's alright.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:01 pm

Viennaria wrote:On the contrary, I believe I may have fixed it.

No, it hasn't been. The whole premise is flimsy and doesn't make sense now. Even though its previous incarnation was illegal it at least made sense (but unfortunately you have nuked the previous drafts from existence so it's impossible for people to see what I mean. Please preserve the previous drafts in the future). Currently this doesn't make sense.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:30 pm

Viennaria wrote:This proposal aims to keep justification of crimes committed in the context of international relations

If enacted, this act will:

Ensure that no crimes committed will see the proper justification in events that have happened outside of the aspect of international relations, whether it be on a website, or in the personal lives of citizens/rulers

Protect the rights of affected nations, both defendant and plaintiff, in ensuring that the only "evidence" used in the influencing of cases will be events proven to have taken place during official international relations, or a region's official communication service. Evidence will not be taken from incidences of citizens'/rulers' personal lives.

Destroy basic excuses used to defend the actions of accused nations, such as I was having a hard day, or He/she texted me something that upset me.

Safegaurd the rights of accused nations, so long as the plaintiff's accusation is of events that have happened outside of the context of official international relations or a region's official communication service

For reasons of recent cases that have been brought to my attention, I see fit to propose the aforementioned act to protect the rights of all World Assembly Member Nations, both accuser and accused, to limit the scope of accusations to only what is relevant in the context of official international relations.

Due to the highlighted portion, this proposal doesn't do any of the things you claim it does for lack of operative clauses acting on member nations. Use of pronouns breaks the requirement to maintain the perspective of the World Assembly in legislation; when you are writing a proposal, you are not writing what you think, but rather, what the World Assembly would think if it adopted the proposal.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:29 pm

Full support.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:31 pm

Against
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly