NATION

PASSWORD

Rights for animals

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Munchsal
Secretary

Founded: Feb 13, 2021
Ex-Nation

Rights for animals

Postby Munchsal » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:17 am

The assembly of the republic of Munchsal has proposed that all animals, national and non-national,
they should have rights that protect them for the following reasons:
-Although animals do not have the same perspective on life that we have, they also feel.
-We consume animal products on a daily basis and we should thank the animals by giving them rights as well.
The rights that animals would have would be:
-They could not be hunted for recreational purposes.
-They would have the right not to be harmed, and citizens who fail to comply with this would be fined.
-Animals would have the right to live in their habitats and to continue with their lives without the human being influencing them.
Munchsal request that these rights be approved as animals need them.
Last edited by Munchsal on Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:52 am

Delegate-Ambassador Alexander Smith: Opposed. If killing animals for food constitutes hunting them, the collapse of the meat farming industry across the World Assembly would result - which, of course, I am opposed to.

OOC: Opposed. If killing animals for food constitutes hunting them, the collapse of the meat farming industry across the World Assembly would result - which, of course, I am opposed to.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Ardiveds
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardiveds » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:55 am

OOC: accidently drowned an ant colony while watering your gardens? FINE!
Killed that annoying mosquito trying to give you dengue? FINE!
Trying to poison rats eating your crops? FINE!
Influencing that Raccoon by preventing it from rummaging through your trash? OFF TO GULAG!
If the ambassador acts like an ambassador, it's probably Delegate Arthur.
If he acts like an edgy teen, it's probably definitely Delegate Jim.... it's always Jim

The Central Pacific Free State
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Pacific Free State » Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:58 am

Strongly oppose. Not all countries have the monetary means to feed their population on "moral" food. I would take animal suffering over human suffering no matter how small any day of the week.
Apart from this. I dont think dealing with the rights of animals is the job of the assembly. We try to better the world for the countries and the people living in them, not for animals
"The King of Salt always gets his cut"

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:19 pm

"Look, pal. If you're serious with this, then you'll find no hoorahs from me. I enjoy a chicken sandwich as much as the next guy, and I'm not gonna stand for taking away my rights to a juicy grilled club with bacon and colby jack. Oh, yeah, and there's the whole 'collapse of the economy' thing with the fourth clause. That's the term, right? Clause? Whatever." The unnamed ambassador shrugs.

OOC: Is this not illegal? "I request that these rights be approved as animals need them" constitutes a branding rulebreak if it's part of the proposal.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:09 pm

Munchsal wrote:The assembly of the republic of Munchsal has proposed that all animals, national and non-national,
-Although animals do not have the same perspective on life that we have, they also feel.
-We consume animal products on a daily basis and we should thank the animals by giving them rights as well.
-They would have the right not to be harmed, and citizens who fail to comply with this would be fined.
-Animals would have the right to live in their habitats and to continue with their lives without the human being influencing them.
I request that these rights be approved as animals need them.

Illegal for branding and contradictions, and, illegal or not, you need much better definitions, and giving animals the right to not be harmed with 0 exceptions kills the meat industry, and by banning the invasion of their habitats completely kills the logging industry, and residential and commercial development.
Last edited by Jedinsto on Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:15 pm

Ardiveds wrote:OOC: accidently drowned an ant colony while watering your gardens? FINE!
Influencing that Raccoon by preventing it from rummaging through your trash? OFF TO GULAG!

There is a big difference between what is coloquially called animals and insects

Anyway, the Master says "based"
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

THE SlTH
Civilian

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby THE SlTH » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:15 pm

We the people of the Slth believe we are above such creatures, they are below our concern. The strong devour the weak. That is all.
Last edited by THE SlTH on Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Port Ember
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 06, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Port Ember » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:16 am

Ambassador Lilly Publican crumbles up a copy of the draft with one hand, whilst using her other hand to take a vite of her bacon sandwich.

"Ambassador, you wish to outlaw the humane killing of animals outright? So you believe the entire world should only eat plants? Perhaps you should go and eat those said plants, instead of smoking them... You will singlehandedly cause world starvation and economic collapse. In summary - HELL NO. Also, this draft in its current form is illegal anyway."
♤ And my proudest work - Hydra Industries - I created all my own military equipment.
♤ A great RP resource -The Average Port Emberian
Port Emberian Embassy Program
♤ My Discord Channel - https://discord.gg/ufkwkCh
However only for members of the GFTC

Goraria
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goraria » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:31 am

President David Pernoia would disagree with your statement. First of all it would collapses the economy well it would really collapses my economy as meat is the #1 demand in my country. It also reduces what the people eat which lowers down my civil rights. Oh yea also that no disturbing habitats part well that would also crumble the economy as I need lumber for trading. Plus I got national parks spread across the country and I don’t want to go too far by just making disturbing habitats illegal everywhere across the country. That will make farming and woodchopping illegal if you think about it. So make sure you think about what will happen when you make animals have rights.
WIP Overview 8 value thing LeftValue RightValues very biased political compass
NS Backrooms Wayback Machine
NS stats shall be struck out null and void.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him destroy China.
A class 1.33 based on this index and a power comparator of 13.71 in this index.
You might find me in forum 7.
He/Him

Ninja’d NS Neighborhood
News: A man has fallen into a river in lego city start by building the rescue helicopter. I am of goods at spellings and of grammer. NSstats is cringe.

Ardiveds
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardiveds » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:38 am

Disgraces wrote:
Ardiveds wrote:OOC: accidently drowned an ant colony while watering your gardens? FINE!

There is a big difference between what is coloquially called animals and insects

Anyway, the Master says "based"

OOC: creatures of the kingdom animalia are also called animals afaik. And it doesn't say whether the colloquial or scientific definition is to be used ao I say both are fair game.
Last edited by Ardiveds on Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the ambassador acts like an ambassador, it's probably Delegate Arthur.
If he acts like an edgy teen, it's probably definitely Delegate Jim.... it's always Jim

Island Girl Herby
Attaché

Founded: Feb 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Island Girl Herby » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:39 am

Okay so if one of our citizens ehhhhhh “accidentally” runs over a suicidal squirrel — not that we have many squirrels left since Great Rodent Exterm ehhhhh I mean Rodent Wars many years ago — we hafta fine them?

Goraria
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Goraria » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:33 pm

This topic has been inactive lately. I should stop now.
WIP Overview 8 value thing LeftValue RightValues very biased political compass
NS Backrooms Wayback Machine
NS stats shall be struck out null and void.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him destroy China.
A class 1.33 based on this index and a power comparator of 13.71 in this index.
You might find me in forum 7.
He/Him

Ninja’d NS Neighborhood
News: A man has fallen into a river in lego city start by building the rescue helicopter. I am of goods at spellings and of grammer. NSstats is cringe.

Munchsal
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Munchsal » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:03 am

That is the idea, to make people aware that they must protect the environment at all costs; Why do you think Munchsal is a supporter of corporal punishment?

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:22 am

Munchsal wrote:

That is the idea, to make people aware that they must protect the environment at all costs; Why do you think Munchsal is a supporter of corporal punishment?

OOC: You don't see why an enforcement system that bans pest control for health and safety, prevents development, and grinds sapient development to a halt is bad?

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Munchsal
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Munchsal » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:37 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Munchsal wrote:That is the idea, to make people aware that they must protect the environment at all costs; Why do you think Munchsal is a supporter of corporal punishment?

OOC: You don't see why an enforcement system that bans pest control for health and safety, prevents development, and grinds sapient development to a halt is bad?

Society will get used to it over time.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:37 am

Munchsal wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:OOC: You don't see why an enforcement system that bans pest control for health and safety, prevents development, and grinds sapient development to a halt is bad?

Society will get used to it over time.

"Not really, since society will continue to degrade with such restrictions in place."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:41 am

Munchsal wrote:The assembly of the republic of Munchsal has proposed that all animals, national and non-national,

"Why, this is rich. The same delegation which seeks to permit human slavery is concerned about animal rights."
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Munchsal
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Munchsal » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:00 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:

"Why, this is rich. The same delegation which seeks to permit human slavery is concerned about animal rights."

What's wrong with wanting to return Munchsal to the old days, when slavery was legal and animals ran happily through the countryside?

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:01 am

Munchsal wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:"Why, this is rich. The same delegation which seeks to permit human slavery is concerned about animal rights."

What's wrong with wanting to return Munchsal to the old days, when slavery was legal and animals ran happily through the countryside?

"Because it destroys all other society. Why is that something we should support?"

Sincluda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sincluda » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:04 am

"Opposed on all fronts. This is poorly drafted, and it is clear that the author has not contemplated the rules. The author also fails to understand the needs of poorer countries and is not specific about what constitutes an animal being influenced, and the accidental harming of animals is an everyday occurrence that would cause bankruptcy in the average citizen in a few weeks.

I would suggest the author focus more specifically on different parts of animal rights/humane treatment (see other resolutions for reference), instead of a broad topic that is difficult to make clear legislation on."

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:04 am

Munchsal wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:"Why, this is rich. The same delegation which seeks to permit human slavery is concerned about animal rights."

“There are many, many things wrong with that. The violation of civil rights as well as sensible economic policy are strong arguments against slavery, while this particular form of law against animal cruelty is wildly impractical. Your first idea about slavery is a non-starter, and I advise you not to pursue this avenue of legislation further. Your proposed regulations about animal cruelty are not so impossible but need to be heavily relaxed.”
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Sincluda
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 05, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sincluda » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:06 am

Munchsal wrote:

"If all you care about is changing your own country, than perhaps this legislation is best reserved for your own nation, rather than that of the entire Assembly."

Trellania
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Trellania » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:07 am

Dame Allania Trueblood looks at the proposal and tilts her head.

"Given both this and the want to legalize slavery... I am forced to wonder what your nation ate to provide certain necessary nutrients humans require that are found primarily in meat."

Munchsal
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Munchsal » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:07 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Munchsal wrote:

"Because it destroys all other society. Why is that something we should support?"

The time when empires were at their peak, the time when there was a world to discover, the time when the world was simpler, is that time that you should support this.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly