NATION

PASSWORD

[Draft] Sanitizing Shipping Containers for Trade

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Walfo
Envoy

Founded: Dec 11, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

[Draft] Sanitizing Shipping Containers for Trade

Postby Walfo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:28 am

The World Assembly,

Recognizing that containers can harbor animals and harmful bacteria that can spread disease and contaminate products perishable and non-perishable,

Hoping to put money towards systems that scan and disinfect containers that have such problems and isolating them to prevent further problems,

Gravely concerned that ships with containers or boxes in the past have led to widespread infections supported by containers or ships which were infected that spread it through many nations.

Believing that these containers in their application for carrying such diseases have been allowed to run rampant and unrestricted through global trade in the past and hampering commerce and economic growth, hereby enacts the following:

Nations involved in global trade must set aside funding to scan and desensitize infected containers and/or ships for the sake of global economic safety.
Last edited by Walfo on Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:23 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nickname: Waffles
1-delegate of Europe twice! 4/7/22 and 1/6/24. I'll certainly never forget that unthinkable day!
Just celebrated 5 years in NS!

Author of GA #721

Contact me on Discord @walfodiscorcommunications2958

Current Representative to the WA: Barthélémy Timéo

I post in OOC unless denoted otherwise.

"Never quit or hide from what you believe is right."-Neil I

Walfo
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Feedback

Postby Walfo » Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Give feedback if you would like, I will most likely be submitting this in a week. First resolution for myself.
1-delegate of Europe twice! 4/7/22 and 1/6/24. I'll certainly never forget that unthinkable day!

Author of GA #721

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:06 pm

What's the category and strength?

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Walfo
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Answer to IA

Postby Walfo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:55 am

The category is probably advancement of the industry, free trade, or regulation. Strength would be most likely strong. What do you think any recommendations?

Author of GA #721

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:10 am

Advancement of Industry and Regulation have areas of effect, not strengths. How does this fit under Free Trade when the sole mandate of this proposal is to require almost all members to "set aside funding to scan and desensitize infected containers and/or ships for the sake of global economic safety?"
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Walfo
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Walfo » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:36 am

Tinhampton wrote:Advancement of Industry and Regulation have areas of effect, not strengths. How does this fit under Free Trade when the sole mandate of this proposal is to require almost all members to "set aside funding to scan and desensitize infected containers and/or ships for the sake of global economic safety?"

Well, then what do you think would be appropriate? I am up for suggestions. This is my first proposal.

Author of GA #721

Walfo
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Final Feedback

Postby Walfo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:21 am

Please grant feedback to questions or things you would like to add to this resolution. It will be released Friday, Feb 5 at 12:00 EST.

Author of GA #721

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:42 am

OOC: I honestly thought this was a confused adbot based on the title.

Okay, so, it sucks currently. Here's the minimum you should do:

1. Put in the category and strength or AoE (some categories have strengths, some have areas of effect, which have which are found in the proposal rules, and all AoEs should have minimum of significant strength equivalence (Environmental has two exceptions to this that should be obvious from the AoE names), so you need to keep that in mind when writing the active clauses) so that they're visible at the start of the first post.

2. Speaking of which, separate preamble (where you give justifications for this being an international issue not yet covered by previous resolutions) from the active clauses more clearly. Usually this is done by numbering the active clauses.

3. Add definitions (in the active clauses). When you use words in their dictionary definition ways, when they have only one concievable explanation, you don't need to define them. But "infected container or ship" can mean a million things - infected with what? Mildew? Invasive species? How can a container be infected in the first place as it's not a living thing? - so you should add a definition to specify what you mean.

4. Check previously passed resolutions. Talking of invasive species and disease control, there already are resolutions for those, have you read them? Why do you think they don't cover this? I personally think they cover this more than adequately.

5. Drop all "going to submit this then and then" threats. This is a hobby for everyone here. People have lives. Work, school, taking care of family or friends, and not everyone logs here every day. Or even every week. Writing a good proposal takes long. At minimum you should - even with a good topic, which I don't think this is - expect to be working on your first proposal for weeks if not months.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Walfo
Envoy

Left-wing Utopia

Feedback

Postby Walfo » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:22 am

Araraukar wrote:OOC: I honestly thought this was a confused adbot based on the title.

Okay, so, it sucks currently. Here's the minimum you should do:

1. Put in the category and strength or AoE (some categories have strengths, some have areas of effect, which have which are found in the proposal rules, and all AoEs should have minimum of significant strength equivalence (Environmental has two exceptions to this that should be obvious from the AoE names), so you need to keep that in mind when writing the active clauses) so that they're visible at the start of the first post.

2. Speaking of which, separate preamble (where you give justifications for this being an international issue not yet covered by previous resolutions) from the active clauses more clearly. Usually this is done by numbering the active clauses.

3. Add definitions (in the active clauses). When you use words in their dictionary definition ways, when they have only one concievable explanation, you don't need to define them. But "infected container or ship" can mean a million things - infected with what? Mildew? Invasive species? How can a container be infected in the first place as it's not a living thing? - so you should add a definition to specify what you mean.

4. Check previously passed resolutions. Talking of invasive species and disease control, there already are resolutions for those, have you read them? Why do you think they don't cover this? I personally think they cover this more than adequately.

5. Drop all "going to submit this then and then" threats. This is a hobby for everyone here. People have lives. Work, school, taking care of family or friends, and not everyone logs here every day. Or even every week. Writing a good proposal takes long. At minimum you should - even with a good topic, which I don't think this is - expect to be working on your first proposal for weeks if not months.

Fair enough, I will work to get this done and strengthen the legislation.

Author of GA #721

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly