NATION

PASSWORD

[Scrapped] STEM Education Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Lorrana
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

[Scrapped] STEM Education Act

Postby Lorrana » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:36 pm

Title: STEM Education Act
Category: Education and Creativity
Area of Effect: Educational

Noting the intent of World Assembly Resolution #48

Acknowledging the importance of a well-rounded education which includes the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)

Recognizing the reason for repealing Resolution #48 as being that science education was being mandated in places that aren't appropriate for science education

The General Assmebly of the World Assembly hereby:

Defines "school" as an institution for educating children

Clarifies that "schools" do NOT encompass higher educational institutions such as universities and colleges

Mandates that all member states provide quality STEM education for students of schools

Recommends that member states budget out a certain amount of funding towards STEM educational materials and curricula

Yes, I know the proposal needs a lot of work. Go ahead and blast it, I'm going to need as much feedback as I can get
Last edited by Lorrana on Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jedinsto
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jedinsto » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:44 pm

Lorrana wrote:Noting the intent of World Assembly Resolution #48

I'm fairly sure this part would be illegal, but don't take my word for it.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Jan 27, 2021 12:46 pm

GA#475 "Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools."
Lorrana wrote:

Acknowledging the importance of a well-rounded education which includes the sciences, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM)

Recognizing the reason for repealing Resolution #48 as being that science education was being mandated in places that aren't appropriate for science education

Clarifies that "schools" do NOT encompass higher educational institutions such as universities and colleges

Mandates that all member states provide quality STEM education for students of schools

Recommends that member states budget out a certain amount of funding towards STEM educational materials and curricula

Yes, I know the proposal needs a lot of work. Go ahead and blast it, I'm going to need as much feedback as I can get
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Lorrana
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lorrana » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:06 pm

Tinhampton wrote:GA#475 "Promoting Natural Sciences in Schools."
Lorrana wrote:

Oh lol ok
NS Stats are sometimes right, but sometimes wrong. TG me if you have questions, but the most important thing to know is that Lorrana is capitalist, even though the stats show otherwise
News Headlines: Year of civil unrest in Lorrana is officially over; Worldvision Song Contest takes place in Valletta

Return to General Assembly