NATION

PASSWORD

Preserve the Death Penalty (Ideas)

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Do you support the complete abolisment of the death Penalty

Poll ended at Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:18 pm

1. No
35%
2. Yes
58%
3. Contested
6%

Total votes : 31

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Preserve the Death Penalty (Ideas)

Postby Zoigai » Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 pm

If anyone is interested in helping to preserve the death penalty I would be happy to hear about it.

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoigai » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:18 am

You guys are welcome to voice your opinions here you know.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:27 am

Zoigai wrote:You guys are welcome to voice your opinions here you know.

Ooc: one might consider that silence in response to your solicitation for aid indicates a lack of interest.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoigai » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:39 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Zoigai wrote:You guys are welcome to voice your opinions here you know.

Ooc: one might consider that silence in response to your solicitation for aid indicates a lack of interest.

Since I have yet to write a valid proposal draft I am simply trying to see if someone would actually want to preserve the death penalty as the vote on the current resolution shows that many people are probably for the complete abolishment of it.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:58 am

Zoigai wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:Ooc: one might consider that silence in response to your solicitation for aid indicates a lack of interest.

Since I have yet to write a valid proposal draft I am simply trying to see if someone would actually want to preserve the death penalty as the vote on the current resolution shows that many people are probably for the complete abolishment of it.

OOC: And it should be abolished.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoigai » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:04 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Zoigai wrote: Since I have yet to write a valid proposal draft I am simply trying to see if someone would actually want to preserve the death penalty as the vote on the current resolution shows that many people are probably for the complete abolishment of it.

OOC: And it should be abolished.

And why exactly do you think it should be abolished?

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:08 pm

Zoigai wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:OOC: And it should be abolished.

And why exactly do you think it should be abolished?

OOC: The ultimate reason: you could kill an innocent person. But here are some others.

Imperium Anglorum's reasons
Tinhampton's, Pope Saint Peter the Apostle's, and my reasons
Amnesty International's reasons
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:29 pm

If your goal is to do some kind of odd case study, I would recommend just searching for content on you own time.

Such content can be found in the World Assembly Affairs departments of major regions, such as The North Pacific, The Rejected Realms, The South Pacific, etc. There's a debate thread in XKI that I voiced my own opinions in.

You can also conduct an RMB search or look at the dispatch page, which contains Information For Voters dispatches from a variety of sources such as The Communist Bloc and Europeia.

There are endless resources for you to find out what people think and want which are more complete than hoping people will post in this thread at random.

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoigai » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:55 am

Refuge Isle wrote:If your goal is to do some kind of odd case study, I would recommend just searching for content on you own time.

Such content can be found in the World Assembly Affairs departments of major regions, such as The North Pacific, The Rejected Realms, The South Pacific, etc. There's a debate thread in XKI that I voiced my own opinions in.

You can also conduct an RMB search or look at the dispatch page, which contains Information For Voters dispatches from a variety of sources such as The Communist Bloc and Europeia.

There are endless resources for you to find out what people think and want which are more complete than hoping people will post in this thread at random.

Its not really supposed to be a study but it seems that its become that... I originally planned on some people giving their ideas on how to repeal the next resolution coming into vote because if that resolution wins then the death penalty is completely abolished.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:05 am

Zoigai wrote:because if that resolution wins then the death penalty is completely abolished.

Wonderful!
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoigai » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:15 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Zoigai wrote:because if that resolution wins then the death penalty is completely abolished.

Wonderful!

No not wonderful not everyone has the time on letting War criminals free and giving every single person a life sentence for a heinous crime nor the jail space...

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:34 am

Zoigai wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:Wonderful!

No not wonderful not everyone has the time on letting War criminals free and giving every single person a life sentence for a heinous crime nor the jail space...

And what about executing innocents?
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:35 am

If you want to create a repeal arguing that Death Penalty Ban requires you to set war criminals free, that is an honest mistake.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoigai » Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:59 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Zoigai wrote:No not wonderful not everyone has the time on letting War criminals free and giving every single person a life sentence for a heinous crime nor the jail space...

You cant execute an innocent if you know where the accused was during the time of the crime.

Straona
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Straona » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:28 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Zoigai wrote:No not wonderful not everyone has the time on letting War criminals free and giving every single person a life sentence for a heinous crime nor the jail space...

You can kill an “innocent” if they committed one of the most heinous crimes possible. At that point they are not innocent. If you commit a crime you are no longer innocent. Not everyone is going to reform themselves after prison. They will just go right back to what they were doing before. Dictators who commit heinous war crimes and soldiers who follow their orders without question do not deserve to sit comfortably in prison. I am sick of the WA governing all nations on policy just because some of them find the justifiable murder of a WAR criminal as wrong even though there’s no proof that they will reform.
Last edited by Straona on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:51 pm

Straona wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:And what about executing innocents?

You can kill an “innocent” if they committed one of the most heinous crimes possible. At that point they are not innocent. If you commit a crime you are no longer innocent. Not everyone is going to reform themselves after prison. They will just go right back to what they were doing before. Dictators who commit heinous war crimes and soldiers who follow their orders without question do not deserve to sit comfortably in prison. I am sick of the WA governing all nations on policy just because some of them find the justifiable murder of a WAR criminal as wrong even though there’s no proof that they will reform.

You misunderstood. People can be falsely accused and executed, while the real perpetrators go unpunished.

Zoigai wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:And what about executing innocents?

You cant execute an innocent if you know where the accused was during the time of the crime.

And yet it happens all the time.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoigai » Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:58 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:
Straona wrote:You can kill an “innocent” if they committed one of the most heinous crimes possible. At that point they are not innocent. If you commit a crime you are no longer innocent. Not everyone is going to reform themselves after prison. They will just go right back to what they were doing before. Dictators who commit heinous war crimes and soldiers who follow their orders without question do not deserve to sit comfortably in prison. I am sick of the WA governing all nations on policy just because some of them find the justifiable murder of a WAR criminal as wrong even though there’s no proof that they will reform.

You misunderstood. People can be falsely accused and executed, while the real perpetrators go unpunished.

Zoigai wrote:You cant execute an innocent if you know where the accused was during the time of the crime.

Which is why There is surveillance

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:17 pm

Zoigai wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:You misunderstood. People can be falsely accused and executed, while the real perpetrators go unpunished.

Which is why There is surveillance

Naturally the solution to unjust state-sanctioned murder is to create a complete surveillance state, indeed such a thing can cause no harm.

I think this topic has likely gone as far as it productively can. If you have a draft to submit, submit a draft. But we're going down the road to NSG real fast.

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Draft 1 (Possible name change for resolution)

Postby Zoigai » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:16 pm

The General Assembly,

All Member nations should be allowed to retain the free will to use the death penalty as needed. This Resolution is to preserve the death penalty from future laws that may attempt its abolishment along with preserving the right for free public service and other punishments.

1. All nations are allowed to use the death penalty for heinous actions if they choose to, They also will retain the right to use Torture as an effective means of gathering intel

A. Criminals who have committed Heinous crimes like Murder, Rape, Political Terrorism, Geopolitical Terrorism are allowed to be subject to capital punishment or a life sentence, This also allows for anyone guilty of war crimes to be subject to execution.

B. Any member nation will retain the right to allow smaller prison systems sell off Dangerous criminals and or war criminals off to more secure facilities in order to fund their operation.

C. Anyone who is convicted for working at a terrorist organization and refuses to comply will be subject to Torture if the government of a member nation allows it.

2.A nation can decide weather to pay a felon for his/her labor or not.

A. Anyone who commits a felony and is apprehended by the law may be subject to whatever form of labor the goverment of a member nation deems nesscacary.

B. A member nation is allowed to issue an annual salary for felons as they please and also issue an income tax for felons if decided
Last edited by Zoigai on Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Illegal. Contradicts GA 9.

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:56 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Illegal. Contradicts GA 9.

As well as #23, depending on what exactly is meant by "sell off prisoners."
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Alfonzo
Envoy

Founded: Dec 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Alfonzo » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:30 pm

"Why should we preserve the death penalty? It's a human rights violation plaguing the world."
✯ ✯ ✯ In War, Victory. In Peace, Vigilance. In Death, Sacrifice: TGW ✯ ✯ ✯
Made ya look!

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoigai » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:34 pm

Alfonzo wrote:"Why should we preserve the death penalty? It's a human rights violation plaguing the world."

Mainly because its a punishment that still serves humanity today.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:44 pm

Zoigai wrote:
Alfonzo wrote:"Why should we preserve the death penalty? It's a human rights violation plaguing the world."

Mainly because its a punishment that still serves humanity today.

How does it serve humanity? Simply asserting that it does is woefully unconvincing. If I just said 'it does not serve humanity today' would you suddenly abandon this draft and swap over to my abolitionist position? You need to give warrants as to why your claim is true. Is it just? Does it rehabilitate anyone? Does it deter anyone? Does it incapacitate anyone anymore than the alternatives? Does it save any money relative to the alternatives?
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley

Zoigai
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Zoigai » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:28 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:
Zoigai wrote:Mainly because its a punishment that still serves humanity today.

How does it serve humanity? Simply asserting that it does is woefully unconvincing. If I just said 'it does not serve humanity today' would you suddenly abandon this draft and swap over to my abolitionist position? You need to give warrants as to why your claim is true. Is it just? Does it rehabilitate anyone? Does it deter anyone? Does it incapacitate anyone anymore than the alternatives? Does it save any money relative to the alternatives?

1. By getting rid of Dangerous criminals who cant be rehabilitated or bound in prisons
2. No
3.That is the main purpose
4.Yes
5. It saves much more money

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly