NATION

PASSWORD

I have a question.

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Panemore
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

I have a question.

Postby Panemore » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:39 pm

Is creating a proposal about obesity rates valid?

Gig em Aggies
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 15, 2009
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gig em Aggies » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:44 pm

Panemore wrote:Is creating a proposal about obesity rates valid?

well it depends if your proposal contradicts another or references a specific nation in the GA assembly then it's not valid but I would follow this viewtopic.php?f=9&t=159348
“One of the serious problems of planning against Aggie doctrine is that the Aggies do not read their manuals nor do they feel any obligations to follow their doctrine.”
“The reason that the Aggies does so well in wartime, is that war is chaos, and the Aggies practices chaos on a daily basis.”
“If we don’t know what we are doing, the enemy certainly can’t anticipate our future actions!”

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:03 pm

We have a thread for questions and answers. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=48437.

Your answer can't be meaningfully answered until we know what specifically you want to do about obesity rates. Is it 'force all nations not to measure it so the problem is swept under the rug'? Is it 'better education on food'? Is it 'compulsory WA weight loss camps' (South Park reference)? Your specific policy choice is more important than the topic.
Last edited by Imperium Anglorum on Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Panemore
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Panemore » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:30 pm

It's more about food safety and ingredient lists on food.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:55 am

There already is a food safety resolution, but what do either of those have to do with obesity?
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Lorrana
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lorrana » Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:19 am

Araraukar wrote:There already is a food safety resolution, but what do either of those have to do with obesity?
Panemore wrote:It's more about food safety and ingredient lists on food.

Araraukar is right, there are already many food safety regulation resolutions like Resolution 64

Panemore, here's something you might not know about WA (and it's ok, you're new). Your stats are not considered "canon" when writing resolutions. For example, here are all of my stats. When you write a WA resolution, it's against the rules to take those stats into account. For example, I'm not allowed to write a resolution that forces nations with a 50% or higher obesity rating to ban chips. That's against the WA resolution protocols and standards. I know I'm probably not doing the best job explaining it so here is the official GA rules page
NS Stats are sometimes right, but sometimes wrong. TG me if you have questions, but the most important thing to know is that Lorrana is capitalist, even though the stats show otherwise
News Headlines: Year of civil unrest in Lorrana is officially over; Worldvision Song Contest takes place in Valletta

Return to General Assembly