NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Citizenship And Birth Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Desmosthenes and Burke
Envoy

Founded: Oct 07, 2017
New York Times Democracy

Postby Desmosthenes and Burke » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:21 pm

OOC:

Clause 5 is a bit of a mess given the rewording you made to, I believe clause 3. Clause 8 is superfluous in my opinion. Why are you granting a right to member states they already possess? Especially since those of us that qualify as civilized do that LONG before adulthood?
香港加油!林郑月娥一定要去!自由香港万岁!五毛回家!| Carrie Lam must go! Long Live Free Hong Kong | La France pour les Français et Ceux Qu'en Veut Devenir Un.

South St Maarten
Attaché

Founded: Apr 16, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby South St Maarten » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:37 am

Desmosthenes and Burke wrote:OOC:

Clause 5 is a bit of a mess given the rewording you made to, I believe clause 3. Clause 8 is superfluous in my opinion. Why are you granting a right to member states they already possess? Especially since those of us that qualify as civilized do that LONG before adulthood?
Thanks for the comments

1) Regarding #8, noted

2) I suppose that due to the changes in Clause 3, Clause 5 (a and b) could be eliminated in favor of a new clause that simply states the following:

" If the father and mother both have an unknown identity, are stateless, or fit any other criteria that doesn't allow citizenship in any nation to be passed down to the child, the child will be assigned, upon reaching adolescence, the citizenship(s) of their primary caretaker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former First & Second Deputy Commissioner Of Europe
European Undersecretary For Culture
European Ambassador To The Western Isles
Member Of The European Home & Foreign Offices

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Out of character unless noted otherwise. Any Questions, Comments, or Concerns, feel free to telegram me! :D

Previous

Return to General Assembly