NATION

PASSWORD

[PASSED] Supporting People with Disabilities

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:37 pm

The Newarkian ambassador stands up and says that he approves,while also issuing a simple threat towards Tinhampton's ambassador.

"Now ambassador,we are all here to discuss and speak about proposals. You criticizing every minor flaw in a proposal has turned many away from writing proposals,might I add that your proposals,and consistent co ownership claims just because you helped with one minor thing,clog up the chambers of this bureaucratic organization so much,that it takes forever to receive World Census data. So,I advise ye to back off this poor ambassador unless you want a international incident of catastrophic size."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:23 am

Newark Aristocracy wrote:The Newarkian ambassador stands up and says that he approves,while also issuing a simple threat towards Tinhampton's ambassador.

"Now ambassador,we are all here to discuss and speak about proposals. You criticizing every minor flaw in a proposal has turned many away from writing proposals,might I add that your proposals,and consistent co ownership claims just because you helped with one minor thing,clog up the chambers of this bureaucratic organization so much,that it takes forever to receive World Census data. So,I advise ye to back off this poor ambassador unless you want a international incident of catastrophic size."

"Interesting, ambassador, that you have a problem with correcting flaws. Perhaps you take the idea of correcting problems as an attack on your character. The drafting process is the place for corrections and debate. There is no clog."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:24 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:
Newark Aristocracy wrote:The Newarkian ambassador stands up and says that he approves,while also issuing a simple threat towards Tinhampton's ambassador.

"Interesting, ambassador, that you have a problem with correcting flaws. Perhaps you take the idea of correcting problems as an attack on your character. The drafting process is the place for corrections and debate. There is no clog."

"I'm not saying it's a attack on my ego,sir. Tinhampton's willingness to slap proposals onto the approval floor slows down the World Census data takers,as you may know,most of them are considered WA employees,and when the WA is busy with Tinhampton proposals that clog the chambers,the datatakers can't submit their data on time,leading to delayed publishing of the World Census data. In my opinion the World Census should be it's own bureau completely independent of the WA."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:39 am

Newark Aristocracy wrote:
Separatist Peoples wrote:"Interesting, ambassador, that you have a problem with correcting flaws. Perhaps you take the idea of correcting problems as an attack on your character. The drafting process is the place for corrections and debate. There is no clog."

"I'm not saying it's a attack on my ego,sir. Tinhampton's willingness to slap proposals onto the approval floor slows down the World Census data takers,as you may know,most of them are considered WA employees,and when the WA is busy with Tinhampton proposals that clog the chambers,the datatakers can't submit their data on time,leading to delayed publishing of the World Census data. In my opinion the World Census should be it's own bureau completely independent of the WA."

"The Tinhampton delegation is entirely within their rights to approve what they wish, ambassador. Just as you are within your rights to complain about a process over which you have no control and little understanding, ambassador. If you will not spare us your opinion, I see no reason for the Tinhamptonian government to spare you theirs."

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:44 am

"The Tinhampton delegation is entirely within their rights to approve what they wish, ambassador. Just as you are within your rights to complain about a process over which you have no control and little understanding, ambassador. If you will not spare us your opinion, I see no reason for the Tinhamptonian government to spare you theirs."

"And ambassador? You are part of the most elitist of the WA,that being the GA Secretariat."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:45 am

"And ambassador? You are part of the most elitist of the WA,that being the GA Secretariat."

OOC: The Secretariat does not exist IC. Bell is just a regular ambassador, albeit clearly a skilled legislator.

"Ambassador, you mistake elitism for skill."

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:02 am

Alexander Smith, Tinhamptonian Delegate-Ambassador to the World Assembly: Ambassador Bell, thank you. That also goes for the ambassador from Free Las Pinas. And as for Ambassador... whatever you're called, I was under the impression that the World Census was already independent of the WA.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:03 am

Tinhampton wrote:Alexander Smith, Tinhamptonian Delegate-Ambassador to the World Assembly: Ambassador Bell, thank you. That also goes for the ambassador from Free Las Pinas. And as for Ambassador... whatever you're called, I was under the impression that the World Census was already independent of the WA.

"Not according to my books."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:07 am

Tinhampton wrote:Alexander Smith, Tinhamptonian Delegate-Ambassador to the World Assembly: Ambassador Bell, thank you. That also goes for the ambassador from Free Las Pinas. And as for Ambassador... whatever you're called, I was under the impression that the World Census was already independent of the WA.

"There is no such WA entity, ambassador. Either your books are wrong or you read them wrong. Neither is an excuse to issue threats to a delegation."

OOC: The World Census Bureau's gameside presence is unconnected to the WA.

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:13 am

"There is no such WA entity, ambassador. Either your books are wrong or you read them wrong. Neither is an excuse to issue threats to a delegation."

"Ok then. But Tinhampton's delegation clogs the approval floor with incredibly bad written proposals. And that slows the cogs of global bureaucracy,thus slowing down or even preventing proposals that should be approved from being approved."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:16 am

Separatist Peoples wrote:"There is no such WA entity, ambassador. Either your books are wrong or you read them wrong. Neither is an excuse to issue threats to a delegation."

"Ok then. But Tinhampton's delegation clogs the approval floor with incredibly bad written proposals. And that slows the cogs of global bureaucracy,thus slowing down or even preventing proposals that should be approved from being approved."

"The Tinhamptonian delegation provides one of 62 approvals to move a proposal to quorum. Proposals are on the floor for three and a half days, after which, if they do not make quorum, they are removed. Their removal after three and a half days occurs regardless of how close to quorum they are. Tinhamptonian approval policy has literally no bearing on the approval floor, ambassador. You have no idea about what you speak. As usual, your delegation has arrived to hurl threats under thin pretenses and not to provide substantive input."

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:25 am

"At least I don't clog the chambers,unlike Tinhampton's delegation!"

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:27 am

Newark Aristocracy wrote:"At least I don't clog the chambers,unlike Tinhampton's delegation!"

"Ambassador, I just pointed out how Tinhamptonian approval process does not clog anything. Did you just choose to ignore the parts where you are ineffably and unavoidably wrong? Let me highlight it for you in the transcript:

Separatist Peoples wrote:"The Tinhamptonian delegation provides one of 62 approvals to move a proposal to quorum. Proposals are on the floor for three and a half days, after which, if they do not make quorum, they are removed. Their removal after three and a half days occurs regardless of how close to quorum they are. Tinhamptonian approval policy has literally no bearing on the approval floor, ambassador."
"

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:55 pm

"I'm not takin about the approval process that Tinhampton's delegation does,I'm talking about the downright idiotic proposals that they throw into the approval chambers."
Last edited by Newark Aristocracy on Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Newark Aristocracy wrote:"I'm not takin about the approval process that Tinhampton's delegation does,I'm talking about the downright idiotic proposals that they throw into the approval chambers."

"This also does not block up any process, ambassador. It is, in fact, the process necessary for the General Assembly. If you would prefer to be part of an organization that did not draft legislation, you are welcome to go harass your local Rotary Club and leave the business of international legislation to those willing to draft international legislation.

"If you believe that the Tinhamptonian delegation produces poor work, you are encouraged to make constructive criticism. However, given your delegation's tarnished reputation, don't expect much traction."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Sun Oct 25, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:46 pm

Newark Aristocracy wrote:"I'm not takin about the approval process that Tinhampton's delegation does,I'm talking about the downright idiotic proposals that they throw into the approval chambers."

"This also does not block up any process, ambassador. It is, in fact, the process necessary for the General Assembly. If you would prefer to be part of an organization that did not draft legislation, you are welcome to go harass your local Rotary Club and leave the business of international legislation to those willing to draft international legislation.

"If you believe that the Tinhamptonian delegation produces poor work, you are encouraged to make constructive criticism. However, given your delegation's tarnished reputation, don't expect much traction."

"Ever since that incident,I'm the only damm person in the Newarkian delegation. Everyone else was fired."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:15 pm

Separatist Peoples wrote:"This also does not block up any process, ambassador. It is, in fact, the process necessary for the General Assembly. If you would prefer to be part of an organization that did not draft legislation, you are welcome to go harass your local Rotary Club and leave the business of international legislation to those willing to draft international legislation.

"Ever since that incident,I'm the only damm person in the Newarkian delegation. Everyone else was fired."

"Well, far be it from me to question your employer's oversight, ambassador, but reputation is a great deal like industrial dye: it stains whatever it touches and takes a great effort to expunge."

Newark Aristocracy
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Newark Aristocracy » Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:46 pm

"Well, far be it from me to question your employer's oversight, ambassador, but reputation is a great deal like industrial dye: it stains whatever it touches and takes a great effort to expunge."

"Exact-Hold on,I'm getting a new message from the Newarkian Government."
NEWARK ARISTOCRACY NOW OFFICIALLY PREPARING FOR WAR WITH TINHAMPTON,DECLARATION TO BE SIGNED IN 24 HOURS.

"Ah,fuck."

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:24 pm

"Exact-Hold on,I'm getting a new message from the Newarkian Government."
NEWARK ARISTOCRACY NOW OFFICIALLY PREPARING FOR WAR WITH TINHAMPTON,DECLARATION TO BE SIGNED IN 24 HOURS.

"Ah,fuck."

Bell, catching a glimpse of the message, rolls his eyes. "Point and case. An unnecessary response based on wilful ignorance."
Last edited by Separatist Peoples on Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:18 pm

"We appreciate the Newarkian delegation's approval of this proposal, but the threats against Tinhampton aren't quite. Tinhampton's delegation has been helpful in the drafting process and we're happy to fix even the smallest of mistakes. Otherwise, I doubt this proposal would be fit to others' standards, and we likely wouldn't be receiving kind words from other ambassadors."

The New Sicilian State
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Sicilian State » Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:46 am

"Your proposal gladdens me. Full support, and I appreciate the clause on special education. If this makes it to the floor, expect my delegation to be campaigning on your behalf."
From the office of: John Crawford
Ambassador of Foreign Affairs
Office: the floor between the copier and the water fountain
Palermo Parliamentary Building
Ideological Bullshark # -26

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:46 am

“We are happy to have your support, thank you.”

OOC: I’ll be hoping to have this submitted somewhere within the next month, depending on how busy I am, or if somebody spots something that I agree needs revising.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:40 am

"The content has drifted a bit from giving rights to the disabled. A new title, such as ‘Assisting the Disabled’, would be more appropriate now."

Benji
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:41 am

Honeydewistania wrote:"The content has drifted a bit from giving rights to the disabled. A new title, such as ‘Assisting the Disabled’, would be more appropriate now."

Benji

“I agree, and have changed the title to ‘Supporting People with Disabilities’. Parts of the resolution still protect rights of PWDs, and I believe that ‘supporting’ covers assistance and protection of rights well. If you still have an issue with it, please mention it, and I’ll try to find a compromise.”

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:27 am

Free Las Pinas wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:"The content has drifted a bit from giving rights to the disabled. A new title, such as ‘Assisting the Disabled’, would be more appropriate now."

Benji

“I agree, and have changed the title to ‘Supporting People with Disabilities’. Parts of the resolution still protect rights of PWDs, and I believe that ‘supporting’ covers assistance and protection of rights well. If you still have an issue with it, please mention it, and I’ll try to find a compromise.”

"You had best do it before the Newarkian delegation returns and tries to help again."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives