NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Protect the Rights of the Child

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Staypuftonia
Attaché

Founded: Feb 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Protect the Rights of the Child

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:59 am

The World Assembly,

NOTING that "child" and "baby" in this context refers to the unborn baby in the womb,

ASSERTING that it is the duty of all nations to protect their most innocent citizens,

ACCEPTING the controversy around banning abortion,

NEVERTHELESS convinced that it is inappropriate for innocent babies to be killed because they were conceived of rape or the reason that "it's not the right time", et cetera...;

THEREFORE:

1. REQUIRES the World Assembly to criminalize the despicable act of abortion where:
A. the child in question is conceived of rape and/or incest;
B. the reason for an abortion is not to save the life of the mother.

2. MANDATES that abortions are only to be legalised when the mother is in grave danger of death, and not in other cases.

3. FURTHER MANDATES that the same punishments for murder are to be applied to abortionists who do an abortion where the mother is not in grave danger of dying;

4. DECLARES that the baby should not need to die for the crimes of its father;

5. FURTHER DECLARES that the baby has a right to life, the same as all other humans;

6. FURTHER DECLARES that the life of a baby starts at conception, and not at birth.
Last edited by Staypuftonia on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Separatist Peoples
GA Secretariat

Founded: Feb 17, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Separatist Peoples » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:00 am

Ooc: this currently violates at least GAR#128 and GAR# 286.

His Worshipfulness, the Most Unscrupulous, Plainly Deceitful, Dissembling, Strategicly Calculating Lord GA Secretariat, Authority on All Existence, Arbiter of Right, Toxic Globalist Dog, Dark Psychic Vampire, and Chief Populist Elitist!
Separatist Peoples should RESIGN!

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:01 am

OOC: Child is left undefined. And I'm pretty sure prior GA resolutions already defined children. <.>
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Staypuftonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:02 am

OOC: I have made a draft of resolutions to repeal #128 and #286.
Last edited by Staypuftonia on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Middle Barael
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Middle Barael » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:06 am

Scientifically speaking, a baby starts somewhere in the later third trimester, not conception. And before you submit this, please know that it is very unlikely that this will pass, considering the demographics of NS and the fact that it is lessening the rights and autonomy of member nations.
Pro: Environmentalism, fighting climate change, social democracy, co-ops, police reform, LGBTQ rights, abortions, separation of church and state, democracy, assault weapon ban, proportional representation, multi-party states, Two-State Solution, Israel AND Palestine, pacifism, immigration, Anti-Racism, NHS-type Healthcare, culture, science, multiculturalism, UN, EU

Anti: Environmental destruction, fossil fuels, Trump, Laissez-faire economy, communism, far-right, homophobia, “Pro-Life”, dictatorships, one/two-party systems, guns, Netanyahu, Israeli settlements, Hamas, Jihadism, war, racism, anti-immigration, nationalism, fascism, chauvinism,

8Values
Social: Very Progressive
Economic: Social
Civil: Liberal
Foreign: Internationalist

Staypuftonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:09 am

OOC:

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/arti ... otes2.html

https://thefederalist.com/2017/10/13/li ... tment-hhs/

Also, you're OK with people using "pro choice" but you're NOT OK with "pro life"?
Last edited by Staypuftonia on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:11 am

What are your thoughts on capital punishment?

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Staypuftonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:15 am

It should not be allowed.

It does not help people, rather, rehabilitation for a minimum of 3 years would help.

Middle Barael
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020

Postby Middle Barael » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:21 am

Staypuftonia wrote:OOC:

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/arti ... otes2.html

https://thefederalist.com/2017/10/13/li ... tment-hhs/

Also, you're OK with people using "pro choice" but you're NOT OK with "pro life"?

There is a difference between life and being a sapient, sentient organism. Trees are alive, microbes are alive, even bacteria are alive. A baby is only a baby when it is on the level of semi-conciousness.

And to answer your second point, I believe that it should not be up to the WA or governments as to whether abortions should be legal; it should be up to the pregnant woman themselves, as it is their body and their embryo and their choice. While there must be regulations to make sure they are not having abortions in the third trimester (unless the mother is in danger), it must be up to the person actually carrying the embryo, not some government or WA.
Pro: Environmentalism, fighting climate change, social democracy, co-ops, police reform, LGBTQ rights, abortions, separation of church and state, democracy, assault weapon ban, proportional representation, multi-party states, Two-State Solution, Israel AND Palestine, pacifism, immigration, Anti-Racism, NHS-type Healthcare, culture, science, multiculturalism, UN, EU

Anti: Environmental destruction, fossil fuels, Trump, Laissez-faire economy, communism, far-right, homophobia, “Pro-Life”, dictatorships, one/two-party systems, guns, Netanyahu, Israeli settlements, Hamas, Jihadism, war, racism, anti-immigration, nationalism, fascism, chauvinism,

8Values
Social: Very Progressive
Economic: Social
Civil: Liberal
Foreign: Internationalist

Ardiveds
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardiveds » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:41 am

Staypuftonia wrote:4. DECLARES that the baby should not need to die for the crimes of its father;

"Yet, a rape victim has to suffer for the crimes of the rapist?"
If the ambassador acts like an ambassador, it's probably Delegate Arthur.
If he acts like an edgy teen, it's probably definitely Delegate Jim.... it's always Jim

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:45 am

Strong oppose. It is the right of the government to provide liberty to their citizens; banning them from using these rights is fundamentally counter-productive, not to mention the obvious problems with this resolution's view on the definition of children and fetuses. The Soviet Union will vote against this proposal in all future endeavors, and enter into a state of non-compliance if it is passed.
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Staypuftonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:48 am

"Not all rape victims say they've suffered after birth of the baby. In fact, they even love their baby. Most Staypuftonian rape victims love their babies. Also, once the egg has been fertilized, the life has begun."
Last edited by Staypuftonia on Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:49 am

OOC: I'm actually somewhat disappointed that the GA has mandated an upper bound for legally defining a child but not a lower bound per GA#220.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:05 pm

Staypuftonia wrote:"Not all rape victims say they've suffered after birth of the baby. In fact, they even love their baby. Most Staypuftonian rape victims love their babies."

"Have they said this under threat of injury? Because either you've selectively chosen your sample for that 'fact' or you're just lying. Additionally, 'not all suffered' is not an adequate measure for whether or not people should be protected from possible suffering."
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Godular
Forum Moderator

Founded: Sep 09, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Godular » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:55 pm

"Categorical opposition. Even on the infinitesimal likelihood that the repeals were to even make it to quorum and pass, it would in all probability only be to present bills that further STRENGTHEN abortion rights."
Now the moderation team really IS Godmoding.
Step 1: One-Stop Rules Shop. Step 2: ctrl+f. Step 3: Type in what you saw in modbox. Step 4: Don't do it again.
New to F7? Click here!

Staypuftonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:58 pm

Morover wrote:
Staypuftonia wrote:"Not all rape victims say they've suffered after birth of the baby. In fact, they even love their baby. Most Staypuftonian rape victims love their babies."

"Have they said this under threat of injury? Because either you've selectively chosen your sample for that 'fact' or you're just lying. Additionally, 'not all suffered' is not an adequate measure for whether or not people should be protected from possible suffering."

Not under threat.

I only chose my sample because it is one of many examples.

Union of Sovereign States and Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Sovereign States and Republics » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:59 pm

Staypuftonia wrote:
Morover wrote:"Have they said this under threat of injury? Because either you've selectively chosen your sample for that 'fact' or you're just lying. Additionally, 'not all suffered' is not an adequate measure for whether or not people should be protected from possible suffering."

Not under threat.

I only chose my sample because it is one of many examples.

The Soviet Union implores you to provide exact percentages.
Current IC Year: 2031
The Union of Sovereign States and Republics; USSR
In 1991, a plane carrying would-be conspirators of an armed coup crashed in the Crimean Peninsula. Without the coup, the Union of Sovereign States treaty was signed; and the USSR survived... Lore currently undergoing a rework.
Current Ruling Party: Second Forward Coalition (NPSU, Motherland, Agrarian League)
News: BREAKING NEWS: Unceremoniously, USSR officially departs from the European Union 2 years before schedule

Ardiveds
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardiveds » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:10 pm

Staypuftonia wrote:"Not all rape victims say they've suffered after birth of the baby. In fact, they even love their baby. Most Staypuftonian rape victims love their babies. Also, once the egg has been fertilized, the life has begun."

"Ambassador, I'm sorry your nation has such a widespread case of Stockholm syndrome. But the vast majority of rape victims in Ardiveds don't like a pregnancy being thrust upon then without their consent and so I'll ask you again: why must a rape victim suffer for the crimes of the rapist?

We won't waste our breath arguing with you about when life begins and when that life turns into an actual human and then an actual citizen."
If he acts like an edgy teen, it's probably definitely Delegate Jim.... it's always Jim

Staypuftonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:11 pm

"Alright, I am sorry, but what does this have to do with the rights of the baby? Also, why should babies have to suffer for the crimes of their father? At least in this country we have decency."
Last edited by Staypuftonia on Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 pm

(OOC: This has very little chance of passing. Since the proposal does demonstrate a good starting position, I encourage you to try a more productive avenue of legislation. Whether this fortunate or unfortunate, the GA is pro-choice as a body, and this has such a small chance of becoming a resolution that I don’t think it is worth pursuing.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Staypuftonia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Staypuftonia » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:14 pm

OOC: What specifically is a more productive avenue of legislation? Pass this through the regional legislations? The Security Council?

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017

Postby Kenmoria » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Staypuftonia wrote:OOC: What specifically is a more productive avenue of legislation? Pass this through the regional legislations? The Security Council?

(OOC: I’m referring to picking a different policy area. Abortion has been comprehensively legislated on by past authors. As with any topic, it’s best to go with something nobody has done before.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:22 pm

Staypuftonia wrote:OOC: What specifically is a more productive avenue of legislation? Pass this through the regional legislations? The Security Council?

OOC: This is the appropriate venue, lol. It's just that NS is definitely left-leaning, and if not NS, all the regions that carry any sort of weight in the GA definitely are.

IC: "This proposal not only shows a thorough disregard to GA resolutions #128 and #286, it impedes on the mother's liberty and freedom. This proposal is authoritarian nonsense disguised as fetus victimization. While many in North Prarie may not agree with the practice of abortion, most of us have determined that this is not our choice. Additionally, this proposal is downright offensive towards victims of rape, who would have to raise an unplanned child that was a result of trauma, which makes it an even more dangerous situation for the child then if their fetus was aborted in the first trimester."
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Ardiveds
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardiveds » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:30 pm

Staypuftonia wrote:"Alright, I am sorry, but what does this have to do with the rights of the baby? Also, why should babies have to suffer for the crimes of their father? At least in this country we have decency."

"While we have seen many of the nations opposing abortion being called anti-choice, they have often defended their stance saying the mother should have used contraceptives or chose not have intercourse at all which means the mother had a choice and while we disagree, we understand why they would consider their stance also giving a choice to women.

However, the way you put the rights of a bunch of cells, with nothing even resembling an organ, with no possiblity of existence outside the womb which it inhabits, practically a parasites, above the rights of a living breathing human being who had no say on whether she wanted the pregnancy or not, disgusts me and convinces me yoy are truely an anti-choice proponent with no regard to the freedom or choice of women.

You can act all you want Ambassador, but your nation is a savage relgious cesspool with any rights of women non-existent beside making babies like brood mothers. I would say I oppose this resolution but I doubt it'll ever see the light of reaching quorum."
--- Kaiser

Servilis
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Servilis » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:34 pm

Staypuftonia wrote:The World Assembly,

NOTING that "child" and "baby" in this context refers to the unborn baby in the womb,

ASSERTING that it is the duty of all nations to protect their most innocent citizens,

ACCEPTING the controversy around banning abortion,

NEVERTHELESS convinced that it is inappropriate for innocent babies to be killed because they were conceived of rape or the reason that "it's not the right time", et cetera...;

THEREFORE:

1. REQUIRES the World Assembly to criminalize the despicable act of abortion where:
A. the child in question is conceived of rape and/or incest;
B. the reason for an abortion is not to save the life of the mother.

2. MANDATES that abortions are only to be legalised when the mother is in grave danger of death, and not in other cases.

3. FURTHER MANDATES that the same punishments for murder are to be applied to abortionists who do an abortion where the mother is not in grave danger of dying;

4. DECLARES that the baby should not need to die for the crimes of its father;

5. FURTHER DECLARES that the baby has a right to life, the same as all other humans;

6. FURTHER DECLARES that the life of a baby starts at conception, and not at birth.

You already have one in the works, and even then both of your proposals are illegal.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly