NATION

PASSWORD

[CLOSED] Taxpayer Protection Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Burn Swi
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

[CLOSED] Taxpayer Protection Act

Postby Burn Swi » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:46 pm

CLOSED
Last edited by Burn Swi on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Faith, Family, Freedom
Commonwealth of Burn Swi
WA Ambassador: George Collins

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:54 pm

Delegate-Ambassador Alexander Smith, Tinhampton's leading WA official: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAH, BABY!
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:02 pm

And just category are you planning on shoehorning this into?
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Morover
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Morover » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:04 pm

"You define 'taxpayer' and then proceed to not use the term in the draft at all - why? Beyond the ridiculously flawed concept here, this does not protect taxpayers in any way whatsoever."
World Assembly Author
ns.morover@gmail.com

Madison and Wisconsin
Secretary

Founded: Mar 12, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Madison and Wisconsin » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:12 pm

Morover wrote:"You define 'taxpayer' and then proceed to not use the term in the draft at all - why? Beyond the ridiculously flawed concept here, this does not protect taxpayers in any way whatsoever."

Agreed. If the title is about taxpayer protection, then the main focus of the resolution should be taxpayer protection.
Madison and Wisconsin
Founder and Governor of Dont Tread On Me

Burn Swi
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Burn Swi » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:14 pm

CLOSED
Last edited by Burn Swi on Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Faith, Family, Freedom
Commonwealth of Burn Swi
WA Ambassador: George Collins

West Kronisia
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby West Kronisia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:18 pm

This is mightily flawed;

1) It essentially makes it so that those seeking abortions have to do so out of their own pockets, which would be absurd in us countries with free healthcare, and is therefore restrictive to those who are poor, counter to the "distributing the funds to the poor" section, which is the mainstay of my reason for why I would not support this resolution.

2) As someone else has mentioned; No category

3) I feel like what you are aiming for would be better done by repealing GAR#286 and then replacing it with a new resolution tailored to fit the different criteria you set forth, although I can see why one would not try that, as i can foresee the repeal failing, and therefore you wouldn't be able to put through the changes.

4(?) Can resolutions countermand each other? This would obviously run against parts of GAR #286 as it mentions various pieces it would change which would surely invalidate #286 to some degree, again better served by a repeal and redo? (More a question than necessarily a flaw),
Call me Kro - It's my name pretty much anywhere else on the internet.

I'm a big history nerd and enjoyer of video games. Always willing to listen if someone needs a friend!

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:18 pm

Burn Swi wrote:
Morover wrote:"You define 'taxpayer' and then proceed to not use the term in the draft at all - why? Beyond the ridiculously flawed concept here, this does not protect taxpayers in any way whatsoever."

Fixed. Thank you for your advice. As for category, I am not sure, but will list civil rights, mild for now.

It's not Civil Rights. "A resolution to improve worldwide human and civil rights" this is not.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

WayNeacTia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:30 pm

The Taxpayer Protection Act

Civil Rights- Mild

Recognizing that GAR #286, the Reproductive Freedoms Act, establishes certain protections for people seeking an abortion,

Recognizing that many people have religious or moral belief that cause them to dislike the operation of abortion,

Appalled that these people are forced every year to finance these abortions through their tax dollars,

Hopeful that the World Assembly can strike a compromise on the issue of abortion,

The World Assembly Hereby,

1. Defines, for the purpose of this resolution:
a) “Abortion” as the termination of pregnancy,
b) “Taxpayer” as a sapient being legally required by the government to pay currency to the government,

2. Mandates that no taxpayer funds from both the World Assembly or individual nations will go to the funding of abortion,

3. Encourages member-nations to redirect abortion fund to help the poor and needy,

4. Clarifies that nothing is this resolution shall be construed to change, influence, praise, or condemn individual nations policies on the legality of abortion.

For posterity seeing as how the OP couldn't have the decency to just leave the draft up.

wait

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly