NATION

PASSWORD

[LAST CALL] Enforcing Sterilisation Standards on Spacecraft

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Ignis Cinere
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 03, 2019
Ex-Nation

[LAST CALL] Enforcing Sterilisation Standards on Spacecraft

Postby Ignis Cinere » Mon May 11, 2020 6:45 am

Note: This 'last call' on a new thread is because I wanted to have this thing in a place where it would be noticed and also because I wanted to start on a clean slate. I do hope it's not prohibited or anything...?

Category: International Security
Strength: Significant

SHOCKED at the lack of legislation regarding the sterilisation of manned spacecraft,

ACKNOWLEDGING that many a WA nation has a space program,

WANTING to ensure public safety by sterilising returning spacecraft so as to remove all potentially harmful alien organism species that may or may not have arrived on a planet or other celestial bodies inhabited by a sapient species via spacecraft,

Defines, for the purposes of this resolution,
a. Spacecraft as any sort of manned or unmanned craft intentionally launched into space or otherwise manufactured fully or partially in space, and has landed on or had contact with foreign objects, and successfully made reentry through the above-mentioned planets’ or celestial bodies’ atmosphere,
b. Sterilisation as the complete removal, containment, and/or disinfection of any foreign, non-sapient, unapproved organisms found on the craft,
c. Unapproved as without the explicit written permission or approval of the relevant authorities to bring back certain organisms upon the spacecraft, such as the nations' space program management committee or government,

Hereby,
MANDATES that WA member nations with space programs
a. purchase at least basic sterilisation equipment on a scale suitable to that of their space program,
b. establish effective sterilisation procedures and protocol, and enforce them upon the relevant parties,
c. spread awareness about the danger of potentially harmful alien organisms on the ecosystem and the dominant sapient race(s) inhabiting the planet, if either is applicable,
d. additionally burden the IASA (International Aero-Space Administration) with the duty of establishing and enforcing sterilisation standards of said returning spacecraft across all WA nations with a space program.
Last edited by Ignis Cinere on Tue May 12, 2020 2:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
~Ambassador Aithne Helio, of the office of High Lady Astraea Ignis, Ignis Cinere, XKI

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Mon May 11, 2020 6:51 am

So the last call is actually the first.

Well for two things I notice are 1. that you don't actually require us to sterilize our craft. Nations are free to to have the standard "we don't do it" and 2. Unmanned craft are completely overlooked. Which is pretty bad since they're what can actually be sterilized.
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Ignis Cinere
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ignis Cinere » Mon May 11, 2020 7:40 am

OOC: actually i just reposted it to bump it up so it would get noticed... it actually had a previous draft that got bogged down by all the other threads.

also, wait a min i think i'm blind but could you please point out the part that has the fault you pointed out in 1.
~Ambassador Aithne Helio, of the office of High Lady Astraea Ignis, Ignis Cinere, XKI

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Mon May 11, 2020 8:42 am

Ignis Cinere wrote:OOC: actually i just reposted it to bump it up so it would get noticed... it actually had a previous draft that got bogged down by all the other threads.

also, wait a min i think i'm blind but could you please point out the part that has the fault you pointed out in 1.

(OOC: You require member nations to ‘establish sterilisation procedures’, which is open to loopholing. I recommend calling on member states to ‘establish effective sterilisation procedures’ instead.)
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Mon May 11, 2020 9:50 am

Is there a category?

OOC: Also, new threads for the same draft are seriously frowned upon. When you post in the old one it comes back to the top, and old arguments don’t need rehashed like a new thread does.
Last edited by Grays Harbor on Mon May 11, 2020 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Daves Computer
Envoy

Founded: May 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Daves Computer » Mon May 11, 2020 4:57 pm

Grays Harbor wrote:Is there a category?

OOC: Also, new threads for the same draft are seriously frowned upon. When you post in the old one it comes back to the top, and old arguments don’t need rehashed like a new thread does.

OOC: What he said. You need to specify a category for your proposal as well as the strength/significance of your proposal. And to prevent your original draft thread from getting buried into obscurity, just post something like "Bump" on that thread. If you don't do it too excessively, it more respectable than making new threads for your draft.
Last edited by Daves Computer on Mon May 11, 2020 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ignis Cinere
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ignis Cinere » Tue May 12, 2020 2:05 am

OOC: Ah I see I’m sorry about that.

Ignis Cinere
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ignis Cinere » Tue May 12, 2020 2:10 am

“I’ve added a category, International Security, and a strength, Significant. Would that be suitable?”

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Tue May 12, 2020 2:14 am

Ignis Cinere wrote:Note: This 'last call' on a new thread is because I wanted to have this thing in a place where it would be noticed and also because I wanted to start on a clean slate.

How soon do you plan to submit this? Is this still going to be on "last call" at the end of June after you've made significant changes to the wording of Article 3(a) and the second half of the preamble, or do you plan to submit in a couple of days?
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Ignis Cinere
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Ignis Cinere » Tue May 12, 2020 2:18 am

OOC: Latest by the end of this month, although I will most probably do it way before then.

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Tue May 12, 2020 11:07 pm

OOC: Formatting needs work, defines clause needs to come after hereby and sterilization definition makes it impossible with RL tech while retaining usability of spacecraft electronics or crew. So it needs some work too. And if you had bumped your old thread, I wouldn't need to repeat that.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Grays Harbor
Post Marshal

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Grays Harbor » Wed May 13, 2020 5:59 am

Ignis Cinere wrote:

“I’ve added a category, International Security, and a strength, Significant. Would that be suitable?”

No. What does this have to do with increasing police or disarmament? What justifies this as significant?
Everything you know about me is wrong. Or a rumor. Something like that.

Not Ta'veren

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly